~Chapter 5~

Misunderstood

Sadly for Kyungsoo, his first day of school was on a Monday, oh the Monday blues. Kyungsoo didn't have to worry about the morning bus rides,Kai was never early. Even though they lived in the same neighborhood, Kyungsoo didn't know much about Kai's family, they kept to themselves, all he knew was that Kai was not one to come home early and that his brother, Kim Joonmyun was a total hottie. After the impromptu date with Baekhyun, Kyungsoo went home and did a little research on Kai (more like stalked but whatever floats his boat), after all, keep your friends close and your enemies closer. Kyungsoo was sure that little quarrel in class was a declaration of war between the most hyperactive kid in school and the schools most avoided sociopath. According to Kyungsoo's research, Kai wasn't the loner with only Chanyeol as his friend as he thought he was, apparently he hangs out with a huge bunch of kids from Geonduk High, it was a school that was not on the list of elite schools like SIH was but it was reputable for it's rowdy students and the number for failing students every year. Kyungsoo scoffed at his findings, trust Kai to make friends with these kind of students. What Kyungsoo didn't know was that Kai was also "researching" on Kyungsoo. It's a wonder these two aren't friends.


Just as Kyungsoo was "researching" on Kai was also focusing on Kyungsoo's SNS. Unlike Kai, Kyungsoo had friends from a widespread of elite schools like, Daewon Internatiol , Busan International and so on. Kai rolled his eyes as he continued scrolling through Kyungsoo's twitter, but Kai couldn't deny the fact that he felt intimidated by this, no matter how Kai intimidates people with his actions he could never intimidate people like Kyungsoo does with their personality, superiority and elite aura, they didn't need to try to be intimidating, they were born to do it. Kai might've been in an elite school but he'll never fit in as one of them. It just wasn't him, unlike his parents and family Kai wasn't the type to walk around with his head up from his accomplishments he was the type to walk around with his head up to see if anyone was staring at him and at this anger crawled through his blood he growled and slammed his laptop shut. Taking out his skateboard he left the house ignoring his brothers questioning. It wasn't until 4am he came back home, yet another night spent feeling pathetic and hanging with the Geonduk kids.


Kyungsoo rode to school cursing and mumbling under his breath whilst whining at the same time making the other passengers look at home weirdly. Apparently Baekhyun's aunt's cousin's daughter's friend's neighbour's dog had died and he needed to go to the wake. When Kyungsoo received the text from Baekhyun he almost wanted to reach into the phone and slap the small eyes off Baekhyun. If Baekhyun wasn't in school it meant that Kyungsoo was going to be alone in every single lesson and during breaktime he couldn't even go find Luhan because the Chinese kid was on an exchange trip in France curse that multilingual prodigy. Kyungsoo wanted to smash his head through the windows to just not to go to school. Before he could go along with his "foolproof" plan his phone in his lap vibrated alerting him with the message he opened it and the name "So Dong Hyun" popped out he ignored the message knowing it would be discussing some question. Kyungsoo didn't want to spend his already gloomy Tuesday morning with discussing problem sums and researches. Hey Kyungsoo maybe rebellious but he was smart and his place in SIH would just prove it. No matter how influential his parents were he wouldn't have made it into SIH if his studies were not on the top of the list. Seoul International was only for the top 1% of Korea's population, it was the same for other students. Baekhyun was a math prodigy he had won the Young Mathlete Gold award consecutively since he was 13 years old whilst Kyungsoo was more of an English student he had won the Youth English Literature and emerged as the champion of the Korea National English award beating many others. It was quite funny cause you'd be wondering why in the world would Kai and Chanyeol who repeated a year in SIH  would still be accepted. That's because Chanyeol is a international music genius while Kai is a design and art prodigy who had won the World Youth Engineer award since he was 12, these two were wanted by universities all over the world. SIH was just lucky these two decided to finish their high school level first. Other than that SIH was the perfect school that all parents would want their kids to get into.


Without Baekhyun Kyungsoo was something like a lost lamb. He was used to hanging out with Baekhyun so much and vice versa that without each other they didn't have many other friends, Luhan was an exception though, on the first day of school Luhan was the senior that was assigned to them to show them around with Luhan being new as well all three got lost and that's how they had this weird friendship going on. Walking past the basketball court, after Kyungsoo decided to sleep in class before homeroom started, he saw his ex , Hyunsik, Hyunsik was Kyungsoo's ex before something happened between them. And the memory was still fresh in Kyungsoo's mind.

It was valentines day. Kyungsoo had been walking around Dongdaemun all day all by himself because Hyunshik was busy with his part time job. Kyungsoo was forgiving though, he always was. Looking at his watch it was already half past seven and Kyungsoo was worn out he just wanted to lay in bed and sleep. Walking into the subway station, Kyungsoo's heart sank. Like the ing titanic. He felt angry, hurt and disappointed. But most of all he felt used, like some old rag tossed to some corner. There he was, Kyungsoo's boyfriend, well ex now, standing there with some girl clinging off his arms. Kyungsoo saw red, he lost his logical thinking and just stomped over to them. "What the Hyunsik what the is this are you ing kidding me" Kyungsoo was pushing Hyunsik and he could see that both Hyunsik and the girl were startled. "Um excuse me but who are you" the girl was intervened "I'm his ing boyfriend" Kyungsoo turned to Hyunsik who cleared his throat "You told me you were working today and I understood that and I have been walking around all alone all day and now I see this. I can't believe you would do this to me" by now Kyungsoo was screaming attracting attention from the people around him. "I don't have to explain anything to you" Kyungsoo almost wanted to slap him, almost but the girl intervened again "Again I'm sorry but you look so pathetic right now. I don't even know if what you're saying is the truth considering your mental state but if he's here with me right now and not with you. It really should mean something" she said as she shoved Kyungsoo "Are you going to let her push me around" Kyungsoo choked out while looking at Hyunsik. The said person just looked at away. "Come one Hyunsik this is pathetic lets go" the girl dragged Hyunsik away and at this Kyungsoo lost it, he just screamed and started bawling in the middle of the station. And yet Hyunsik had the audacity to turn around and shout "Crazy " before leaving. Kyungsoo broke down and just couldn't stop crying. Unlike the other lookers someone actually came up to Kyungsoo to help him but Kyungsoo at no energy to look at him. The stranger brought Kyungsoo somewhere and hailed a cab for him.  Before leaving he said "People like that should be forgotten. Don't let people like him bring you down." Kyungsoo wanted to look up but the taxi already drove away and he still hasn't stopped crying.

That was exactly 2 years ago. It had taken him 6 whole months to get over it and get back to his cheerful self with the help of Baekhyun and the stranger's advice. During the six months Kyungsoo was like a zombie walking around lifeless with Baekhyun by his side glaring at anyone who tries to approach them. The six months were a torture for almost everyone in the school especially the teachers and the student body. With the happy viruses not being very happy the school became a zombie filled school.  Shaking his head slightly as if to shake the memories away Kyungsoo made eye contact with Hyunsik who was drinking water now, he smiled slightly nodding his head before walking to class. Kyungsoo was over it, it had been 2 years and he was happy with the way things were now.  Kyungsoo was scrolling through his phone when he entered the class not noticing the other person who was sitting behind his seat, he walked over to his seat and sat down still scrolling through his phone and only stopping after hearing another persons breathing, looking back and seeing Kai, Kyungsoo started screaming  incoherently "Ohmyshisus you scared me" Kai raised an eyebrow at Kyungsoo " Youre telling me you got scared? Well sorry for not screamning into your face when you walked in" Kai said sarcastically. "yeh yeh yeh" Kyungsoo said mockingly before turning around and sleeping on his table. Kai was dumbfounded he had never met someone like Kyungsoo, one minute he was y as hell the next he was like some lost puppy. It was as if he had multiple personalties and at that Kai threw a book at Kyungsoo and pretended to sleep. Kyungsoo glared at Kai before ignoring him, not wanting to provoke him further.

 

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(A/N)

Yes update. This took quite a while because its my exam period. T.T

And this chapter is really ty but whatever dont give up on me!

I LOVE YOU