Entry 9

Trapped (EXO SEHUN FANFIC)

Take my heart as you're leaving. I don't need it anymore

~Memory - Mayday Parade

--

Elle’s POV

“Oh Sehun?” I called out as I stepped inside the room.

Silence.

“Oh Sehun.” It sounded like a threat this time. Hopefully he gets that I hate pranks and most especially hide and seek.

Still, no answer.

I covered my mouth with my hand and slowly as I removed it, my lips curved into a grin. An evil grin. (Yeah, if there’s one.)

“Aww yieeeh! He’s gone! I’m freeee!” and a disturbing laugh escaped my mouth as I danced around like an inflatable sky dancer. 

Woop dee doop. I guess that was the reaction I was imagining. But what’s happening now is the complete opposite.

I stared at the window intently. Even the poster’s gone. Did he leave?

I knew from the very beginning that he’d eventually go away but not like this. Not without saying goodbye . . .Not without paying his borrowed taxi fare! Not that it’s important but seriously, will he be okay? He’s like so dependent to me that I “technically” (that’s what he said) own him. Like my own son I guess. Huh

I noticed my reflection and I had that really weird expression. My eyebrows are almost reaching; I was chewing my lower lip—a habit I do whenever I feel restless and worried.

Nope nope. I just met him. I shouldn't be worried like this. After all it was him who said that his problem is not mine. I nodded and wiped my reflection in the window as if to erase my current expression.

Right. He came and left. Like a wind. Woosh and its gone. I touched the glass of the window once more.

Then it hit me.

Austin and Toby.

 

 --

I left the room and ran downstairs. To the guy’s quarters.

“Woa hoah.” A random guy exclaimed as I made my way to the narrow corridor. Just like our rule, girls are also not allowed to enter the men’s premises. The only difference is that it’s not strictly implemented because it wasn't even Aunt Sophia who set that rule. It was them who made that rule just to get back at us. Really childish.

Anyway, I ran into more boys and they all stared at me like I’m a dinosaur doing pole dancing. Wow, I should stop with the similes.

Then I remembered I didn't know Austin or Toby’s room. I stopped on my tracks and asked a guy passing by who’s reading a book. “Excuse me, where’s Austin’s room?”

He was surprised for a moment. “Uhh, it’s 103.”

“Okay thanks.” I muttered,

“He’s on summer vacay though.” He added before I could pass by him.

“WHAT? Oh, okay. Toby it is. Where’s Toby?”

“107.”

I nodded and said thanks again. With a few more strides I found his room and I knocked. Manners, people. You can’t just barge into someone else’s room just to make the scene more dramatic.

It was opened by his roommate who’s looking all bored and not even surprised with the fact that I’m a girl who crossed the imaginary line.

“Is Toby here?” The guy closed the door and for a second I thought it was rude but it opened again with Toby on the other side.

“I fixed the windows.” He declared.

“Where’s the poster?” I asked without batting an eyelash.

“What poster?” he deadpanned.

THE POSTER! The one that covered my broken window.” I explained impatiently. Then his face lightened up and it gave me a little positive feeling.

“Yes, I remember. So what about it?” 

And that positive feeling just freakin evaporated.

“Where is it?” I said stressing every word.

He snorted and crossed his arms. “I don’t know.” He answered nonchalantly.

I took a deep breath, trying to restrain myself from holding him in the collar and press him on the door. Oops too late. And gone are all the manners.

“Where did you put him?” I gave him my deadliest glare  and he went pale and shook his head. “I don’t know?”

I closed my eyes and released him. I noticed that some guys were already staring at me. Not that they weren't even from the beginning. But hell, they were giving the “what-a-delinquent” stare. Gee, way to give an impression.

“HAHA! We’re practicing. For a role play! K, bye.”  I turned my back and walked away.

“Wait.”

My footsteps halted and I faced him.

“I think I might know where he is.”

---

“Nope.”

 

“Na-uh.”

 

“Empty. IT’S ALL EMPTY!”I exclaimed as I tossed the cover of the last trash bin. I placed my hand on my forehead. Damn it! It’s Friday. It’s the day where the garbage truck collects all the garbage.

“Is that you Elle?”

I looked up and saw Auntie Sophia coming from the dorm’s back door. Oh shoot. She must have heard me shouting.

I scratched the lower part of my left ear, embarrassed of my sudden outburst. “I, ah, I’m just looking for someone, I mean something.”

Auntie Sophia walked towards me. “In the trash?”

I took a deep breath before explaining myself. “Yeah, it’s just that when Toby came and got my window fixed he may or may have thrown an important thing in my room together with the broken glasses.”

She smiled which was really weird. I mean who smiles like that after hearing someone’s problems unless. . . “I think, I may or may not know where your important thing is.”

---

I was panting and I can feel drops of sweat forming on my forehead. Finally, I reached the last step of the stairs. Apparently, Auntie Sophia said she ran into the hired worker a while back and was able to stop the guy from dumping the box in the trash. She said something about recycling and stuff so she asked the guy to put the box in the storage room instead which is on the rooftop.

I felt the cold wind brush my face the moment I opened the door. The rooftop is wide and definitely one of my favorite places in this dorm. It’s not that high but you can see a wide view of the sky. During the night, we do picnics and watch horror movies. During the day, it’s where we hung up our washed clothes.  But tonight it’s empty. Oh. . .right. There will be birthday celebration tonight. Everyone’s busy preparing.

The storage room’s located at the farthest side of the rooftop. And to be honest, this is my first time going there.

I took the key (which I got from Auntie Sophia) from my back pocket and inserted it to the rusty pad lock.

I pushed the door and it made an eerie sound. It was all dark inside and I used my phone’s light to find the switch. It was at the side of the wall near the door.

I switched it on and it flickered for a second before giving a white faint light which illuminated the whole room.

There were a lot of scattered boxes and some wooden cabinets. They were all covered with dust what makes me cringe the most are the cobwebs and spiders crawling. Wow, perfect.

“Sehun?” I called as I walked to the deeper part of the room. No response.

“Oi Se—“ I looked around and saw the box lying at a small coffee table. There was also the poster rolled up on the side. My heart was hammering in my chest and. . .and damn it! This suspense is killing me. I grabbed the poster and opened it when—

“Boo!” a warm breath tickled my right ear.

My heart dropped. “Oh my G—“

“Nope, it’s just me, Sehun.” And there he was. Grinning from ear to ear.

I silently stared at him for one or two second and when I finally calmed my nerves, I gestured him to come closer with my forefinger.  And the idiot followed and bowed his head as if for him to hear me better. That’s my cue to encircle my arm around his neck and choke him to death.

He yelped. “MWOYA?!”

“You little twerp! What the hell was that? Why weren't you answering when I called your name?”

“H-hey at least I g-got * coughs* to see your funny face! Priceless!!!!” I was sure he was supposed to laugh but I cut him midway buy pressing my arms around him a little harder.

“And why didn't you just leave this room? What if I wasn't able to find you!?” I was worried to death.

“I would! But I was worried someone might see me and question me and I wouldn't be able to defend myself without mentioning your name right? And that would be the end of it. I didn't want you to be kicked out. I alone am already a big bother to you and that’s enough! I couldn't cause you anymore trouble.”  

My grip loosened.

(Without them knowing, one bead on Sehun’s bracelet flickered.)

My mouth gaped. Too shock with the newly found knowledge that Sehun cares about me. Wow, what a sudden twist of character. I removed my arm around him and he straightened his back. Because he was taller than me I had to chin up to have a better look on his face. He look flushed and he’s looking everywhere except me.

“Are you sick?” I asked without thinking.

He finally met my eyes and it was full of disbelief and annoyance.

“I don’t usually speak what’s on my mind but when I do, that’s your response? ‘Are you sick?’” He snapped bitterly.

I was about to explain myself but I heard some footsteps and a twisting of a door knob. “Did you hear that?”

He snorted. “What? The sound of your heart breaking?”

“Nope, that’s the sound of your arms breaking if you don’t stop your sarcasms.”

The loud creaking sound of the door finally made it way to the vestibulocochlear nerve of Sehun.

“Oh crap crap. The party. I  guess they’re looking for me now.” I said to myself but before I could take another step , Sehun held my arm.

“And me? You’re leaving me?”

“Aww miss me already? It’ll take only a minute son.” And he made a face.

I opened the door and it took a split second before I closed it back again. And there’s Sehun standing just a meter away. “Wow Elle, and I thought it would take a minute. A millisecond, really? Are'nt I glad?”

“Shut up. Just close the lights.”

“W-what?”

I rolled my eyes and grudgingly slap the switch off. It wasn't total darkness since there are lights outside just enough to make out each other’s positions.

I took a seat and he followed maintaining an enough space so that our shoulders are slightly touching.

“yah elle.”

I shushed him and it was his turn to roll his eyes on me.

“What did you even see?” asked Sehun as he peeked outside the window. “Holy sh—“

“I know. People making out and nope, they’re not holy at all.” I hissed.

“Why are we even hiding? Okay, I get that it’ll be embarrassing for a second but they’ll be more embarrassed to see us for sure.” He whispered.

“God, Sehun. Don’t you realize that it’s really awkward?” well it’s not like I’m so pure or something, I mean I've seen a lot ecchi anime and some movies with indescent scenes but come on, 3D is definitely another thing. Gross.

“What? You think this isn't awkward?” and the suddenly the giggles and kissing noises, “Ahh’s and oooh’s” became insignificantly louder. I’m guessing that his blush has already reached his ears and I’m pretty sure I’m blushing myself too. We both looked away.

“Okay, keep talking.” I commanded.

But as disobedient as he was, he kept his mouth shut which annoyed me more.

I nudged his side a little too harshly so he in turn scowled at me. “What!?”

“I said keep talking.”

“Why don’t you talk first?”

I gritted my teeth and tried so hard not to punch the daylights out of this guy. He’s really, really getting on my nerves. “I asked you first. You do it.” I said full of conviction.

“I can’t find any good subject.” He argued.

“Whatever. Just talk okay?”

“Yaah, if it’s that easy then why don’t you do it?” he snapped.

What the hell. “Okay then. What’s your mother like?”

Nice one Elle.

 

 

 

And here comes another awkward silence.

His bangs made a shadow on his eyes and his lips are pursed in a thin line. One could tell he didn't wanna talk about it. Suddenly, the air felt heavier. I guess, it was a little too personal.

“I get it. It’s such a lame topic. I mean guys wouldn't talk about—“

“She’s an idiot.” He said.

I shut my mouth and silently cursed myself for bringing that kind of topic.  “She’s that idiot who cares about everyone except herself. Even after I became part of EXO, she still continued working and insists that whatever I earn is my own money and not hers. I mean who ever think like that huh?” he laughed bitterly and I knew that he was hurting. I opened up his wounds after all. 

 

“She’s so dumb that even after that left us, she still cried about it every single night.”

My eyes widened. My mouth kept closing and opening but no words came out. I thought I understood him but I didn't. I never did. Because I never knew his  story. I only thought of him as a carefree brat. But turns out there's more than what the surface offers. 

“I don’t usually speak what’s on my mind but when I do, that’s your response? ‘Are you sick?’”

His words echoed in my mind. Right, he’s pouring his heart out now I guess I should at least show him I was listening. That I won’t judge. That I’m right here. . .

My clenched hand loosened and slowly I lifted it up and rested it on his hand. He froze. 

I gulped and tried to explain myself. “I’m not exactly good with words, so I just felt like I should. . .that uhh.”

“What are you touching?” he asked. Oh, my God. Does he feel like I’m molesting him or something? I mean it’s just his hand.

“You know it’s quite common to show that you care by holding one’s hand. I watched it in bunch of dramas!”

“H-hand?”

“Yes. I’m touching your hand.” And to make an emphasis, I squeezed it. I felt him tense and then he jolted knocking some box on the process. And it quite made a noise.

What the hell was that? Is he the type who can’t stand people touching them? Come to think of it, he hated it when I touched his hair.  

“Is there someone there?” we heard a male voice.

I almost forgot about the definitely-not-holy couple making out outside.

“We should leave.” The girl said.  

“Yeah. Didn't know the rooftop’s occupied. Let’s go.” The guy said and then there was the sound of the door opening and closing.

I sighed. Finally we can leave. My hands fumbled to open the lights. I saw Sehun still sprawled in the floor with a faint shade of pink on his cheeks. He’s staring at me with his chinky eyes like I did something so inappropriate with him.

“I get it okay? I won’t touch your hand anymore.” I was about to get up but his words made me sit again.

“You weren't even touching my hand! You were touching my thigh!”

My left eye twitched and I stuttered. “W-w-wha-at?” Come to think of it, that’s why his hand feels weird. BECAUSE IT NOT EVEN HIS FRICKIN HAND.

And I even squeezed it. .

I buried my face on both of my hands. This is utter humiliation. I should change planets.

I felt him move. He’s probably laughing at me on the inside now.  Ahh! This is crazy.

“Oi Elle.” He said as he gently removed my hands off my face. I opened my eyes and our gazes met.

“If you’re gonna do that,” he placed my right hand on his head. “Then do it properly.” 

His blonde hair felt so soft in my hand and I knew just what I had to do. I ruffled it over and over again hoping that what I couldn't say, he will feel. This is so much better than having a puppy. 

His head was tilted downward and I couldn't see what expression his wearing now. His ears peeking through his hair though gave it all away. It was red like a tomato and I couldn't help but to snicker. Didn't know he can be this cute.

He lifted his head up and glared at me. “What? You know it was you who touched my—“

 

“YEAH YEH shut up. But you know what? I see that you got that from your mom." I told him.

He had that confused look on his face. "I got what?"

"That newly discovered character of yours." I flashed him my most genuine smile. "Because. . . you're kind of an idiot too."  

His expressions ranged from confused to surprised to amused and to him shifting his eyes to everywhere but me. 

What is this? he's being shy now? I clicked my tongue. "Though you shouldn't call your mom an idiot. Arasseo? Did I pronounce that right?" I asked. 

He didn't answer though instead he flicked my forehead. I was about to react but I was taken aback by what he said. 

"Thank you." and he smiled at me. That  breath-taking, jaw-dropping, real, tiny, smile that showed his prominent cheeks. 

Thump thump thump

That was the first time he ever thanked me.  I think I'm going to shed tears right now. Gosh, he made so much progress tonight. 

"What's with that look? Ahh, you think I'm not capable of thanking anybody huh?" he looked genuinely insulted. 

"Mayyybe?" i sing-songed. 

"YA!" and friends, that ends his happy moment. 

Beep bop beeep beep

I ignored his protest and got my phone on my back pocket. I didn't even bother checking who the caller is. I noticed Sehun distancing himself a little to give me privacy. 

"Ye--" 

"ELLLLIE!" That high-pitched, ear drum-destroying voice made me immediately regret that decision. But none-the-less I was excited.

"Hey Kyle! What's up kiddo?" Kyle, in case you guys forgot, is my five-year old little brother. 

 "I just wanna tell you--" 

"Dont tell him kid--" it was dad on the background. 

"WE'RE GOING ON A VACATION!!!"

What??????? 

"That's it. Secret's out hun. Give it."  I heard shuffling noise of the phone being passed to dad. 

"Okay, Dad. Explain." I said.

"The thing is, we're going out of town three days from now. Its supposed to be a secret but this little guy over here got so excited and told you." 

"Out of town?" I asked. But what about my class cards and the clearance of my freakin classmates? What about Sehun?

As if my dad read what I was thinking he said, "And by the way, I called your teachers already about your school commitments. They agreed to . . ." and whatever dad was saying just faded away and I cant help but to glance at Sehun who's tugging his bangs, unaware of everything. He noticed my stare and he stared back, confusion on his eyes. 

Out of town. Three days from now. With my family. 

A week ago, I would've been jumping for joy now. 

But now, I just don't feel like leaving. 

 

--

A/N: 

This story is also available in wattpad: DO NOT CLICK ME