Entry 8

Trapped (EXO SEHUN FANFIC)

Please don't escape my vision. Don't disappear when the morning comes. Your walk is the walk I dream of, you are my one.

~Dont Go (English Translation) - EXO

 

 

---

Sehun groaned inwardly as he remembered yesterday’s events.

For one, he still wasn’t sure how to get rid of the curse. To hell with the very vague clue. Why didn’t it have to be something along the lines of ‘If someone will fall in love with you in that form, you’ll be freed from the curse, that’s your cue’. But then he wouldn’t have had any problems since even he will fall for himself too, whether its paper or in flesh.

Ha-ha-ha, or maybe not.

Sure, he’s a jerk sometimes. . .Okay, most of the time, but his looks kinda makes up for it right? Too bad, look what his jerky attitude led him to.

He sighed and recalled what Linda said.

They were already at Linda’s door step about to leave when the woman called his name. He watched Elle’s retreating back from a distance before turning to her. She won’t probably go that far. And then as if on cue, she turned around looking for him. They made an eye contact, silently communicating to her to wait. She seemed to get it and nodded.

He heard a clearing of throat and he paid attention.

“Are you done now?” she chuckled. Not knowing to respond, he simply nodded.

“Give me your hand.” She commanded as she held her hand up. He carefully lifted his hand and softly placed it to hers, his palm facing up.

“You’re not giving me a palm reading are you?”

She smiled. “I can do that too but. . .” with the help of her free hand she hooked a string on his wrist.

It was a bracelet.

It looked tribalwith its strings made of leather and stuff. It was black all over even with four beads embedded to it. It wasn’t his style but nonetheless it looked cool.

“Is this some sort of a compensation gift?”

“More like a sorry-i-can’t-unbreak-the-curse-gift.” She joked and he snorted. “Okay, okay. The truth is, this has something to do with the curse.”

He continued to stare at the bracelet and at the same time carefully listened to her explanation.

“When all those black beads turn to dark purple, it indicates that the curse is broken and you’re freed from that poster. Each bead, a person or people you should value.”

“But why 4? And err why purple?” he cringed. Not that he hates the color, it’s just girly. White could’ve been okay.

“Its my favourite color.” She deadpanned and suddenly he wished he hadn’t asked that question.

“oh okay.”

“And why 4? It wasn’t me who decided that part. It was you.” And she flashed a ghost smile.

Even with the bracelet thingy, his curse's still dead confusing as your chemistry exam. And the fact that Linda left one last creepy message to him:

Be careful of your doppelganger”, doesn’t help to make him feel at ease either.  He’s really worried what that fake is doing with his hyungs already. He couldn’t have harmed them right? Or maybe. . .

Let see, he wouldn’t do a chicken dance in his underwear in front of the SM building. Oh god. He scowled. He better not destroy his reputation. That would be really humiliating.

And speaking of humiliation, yesterday’s event wouldn’t be completed without his freakin embarrassing act he did to Elle.

“What the hell are you doing?”

He suddenly wanted to blame his late mother who did that act to him when he was younger. She always said, it was for faster healing and it did help to ease the pain of whatever wound he had before.

“You’re spitting at me!”

For the record, he wasn’t spitting her! He was still busy arguing with those flashbacks when he heard footsteps approaching and faint voices conversing. It’s just been 2 hours since Elle left. She couldn’t have returned right? Did she miss him already? 

“Ah auntie! That hurts!” the voice was far from Elle’s. In fact, it’s a guy’s voice. Oh please. I’m not disappointed!

Elle said it’s forbidden to cross the invisible boundaries and it would be insta-kill, how come he’s hearing a guy’s voice?

The door flew open and he saw a woman who looks just like Auntie Jade, probably just a little younger, and…angrier. She was pinching the left ear of guy.

“You really think you can hide it from me huh?” Auntie Jade’s look-a-like (who he thinks it most likely her sister and the real owner of the dorm, now that he remember it) snarled.

A man also entered the room trying to hide his snickers. He was holding a large box and inside it was something that looks like a canvass only that it’s covered with a brown paper and a tool box.

“It was Austin who threw it!” his voice raised a few octaves higher. “I mean Austin threw the ball ma’am err Auntie Sophia” He repeated with a much calmed voice. Only that it was obviously forced.

Auntie Sophia finally released his ear and snorted. “Unfortunately for you Toby, Austin went home and I can’t pinch his ear right?”

Sehun finally realized who the guy—Toby, was. He remembered the loud shattering of glass during his first day. This guy was the reason why Elle didn’t hand him over to her loud roommate. . .Since his poster did a great cover up for the broken window. Great, Elle. Nice job.

Toby groaned. “Okay okay! I’m sorry we didn’t mean it, I’m sorry for hiding it from you. And on behalf of that jerkface Austin, I’m sorry.” He looked sincere at least.

“Okay. Now you stay here and wait for the worker to finish up.”

“That’s it? You’re not kicking me out?”

“Oh is that a request?”

“No! I mean no its not ma’am—Auntie..”

Auntie Sophia flashed a smirk before leaving the room.

“Uhh where’s the broken window?” the worker spoke.

Toby wandered his eyes to room’s windows and somewhat made an eye contact with Sehun, the poster.

“I think its behind that poster.”

“Okay.” The man walked towards the poster, placed the box with the canvass which was actually a glass window replacement on the floor. He hovered his hands on the sides of the poster, scratching the tape on the sides.

Sehun was somehow holding his breathe at the moment, silently praying that he won’t get ripped off, literally. After successfully removing him from the wall, he rolled him up to his dismay. What’s so fun about not seeing anything? But then he can’t talk and can’t move which is far worse than seeing. The poster was placed on the edge of Gia’s bed.

.

.

.

.

Toby grudgingly scratched his ear which was red and sore from Auntie Sophia’s pinching. He was annoyed with how his plan flopped up.

He was supposed to secretly sneak to the 2nd floor with a hired worker to fix the window but he forgot that he didn’t have a key to Elle’s room so he tried breaking into the little cabinet that contains all the rooms’ spare keys but Auntie Sophia caught him doing the act. It was good thing he wasn’t kicked out but that doesn’t mean he isn’t gonna kick Austin’s once he returns to the door.

The worker started the repair while he dumped himself on some random bed and brought out his PSP.

 

.

.

.

.

After an hour which consists of Toby’s swearing and shouting “Oh man! Ugh DIEEEEE!”, the worker’s now done with the window. He cleared his throat loudly which startled Toby who abruptly sat up from the bed, kicking Sehun’s poster on the process. It dropped to the box where the broken glass was placed.

“Oh you’re done?” he stood up and took his wallet out of his back pocket and pulled some cash. “Here. Thanks for the work.”

The worker took the money and muttered thanks. The two left Elle’s room with Toby ahead. “By the way sir, where do I put this?” he gestured that box he was holding.

Toby looked back and shrugged. “Just put it in the trash.”

.

.

.

.

.

Elle’s POV

I’m feeling extra happy right now I could cross my dorm’s corridor like 5 year old kid chasing imaginary llamas.

Except, I’m just bluffing and never in a million years I’d do that. Well, atleast you get the point. No?

Okay, check this out. I, Elleanor Collins (AWW I just revealed my full name), bought a Korean food for Sehun, uh huh, wait for it. . .and no, I’m not talking about some noodles here, I BOUGHT A FULL COURSE MEAL with side dishes. I must be really happy since I’m spending my money on him though he argued with me last night.

The thing is, my folks’ called and they’re going to visit me in 3 days! HURRRRAY! I’m so excited. I really miss my family you know.

I was near my room and I fished out my key on my back pack which was a struggle since I was holding all these plastics with take-out food. “AH GOT IT!” I muttered and pushed the key to the keyhole. It was 5:30 when I left the school,  so I’m guessing Sehun’s  all out now dramatically looking outside at the window.

I finally opened the door and my breath hitched.

I noticed two things.

 

My window’s fixed. . . and

Sehun’s gone.

***

A/N:

The usual, VOTE & COMMENT.

CIAO.