Entry 1

Trapped (EXO SEHUN FANFIC)

I gotta breakaway but I'm trapped.

I'm Trapped - Henry


Elle's POV

And finally, hell week’s over.

I checked the time on my wrist watch. There’s still 15 minutes left, well who cares.

I grabbed my back pack and got up from my seat; the noise of the chair moving quite surprised everyone in the room. All eyes were looking at me as I walked in front and handed my paper to the proctor. After that I left.

 

Physics 13, the last exam for the finals.

The exam’s  okay and its multiple choice so, I’ll pass.  Yup, logic you’re doing it right.

Anyway, the point is, I’m so excited for summer.

I can finally have 12 hour sleep Yay~

And I can finally go home.

I walked down the hallway with all the happy thoughts in mind when suddenly I heard an oh so familiar voice.

“HEY ELLE!”

I didn’t have to look back or anything. I can totally hear his footsteps running towards me.

And just like that, he’s already beside me in less than a second.

“Levi. What up.”

Levi. A sophomore, a soccer player. Popular. Pretty face.

We met at English class and we were partners in a poem reading.

I told him that we’ll practice after class and I waited for him for a million of  hours and I didn’t even see his shadow. So I marched down the oval, only to see him playing ball with his team mates.

I got mad since we had a deal and he forgot about it, so I threw to him my English book.

It hit his face. And he had a big bruise in his nose. I remember walking away but then came back and shouted sorry. 

After that incident, he kept on bugging the hell out of me and we became friends. Well, that escalated quickly huh.

“Uhh  not much. Where you goin?” he asked.

I look at him and he’s grinning at me like an imp.

“Cake shop in front, goin to buy myself a treat.” I answered.

“REALLY?” His eyes brightened. “Can I come? Can I come?”

“Yeah sure.”

 

 

 

 

“So what’s your plan for summer?” He asked while I filled myself with cake.

“I’m goin home.”

“Oh. You don’t have summer classes.” He looked down and fumbled with his fork.

“What the heck’s with the disappointed look?” I asked while I sipped on my orange juice.

“Just… I thought we could hang out this summer.”

“Levi levi levi. In case you don’t know, I’m not your only friend. Hang out with your soccer teammates.”

“But it’s you I like.”

And I choked on my cake. Great. I removed the straw from my juice and drank the half of the glass.

“No no, I meant, I like to hang out with you. Coz you’re fun. Hah ha ha.” He also awkwardly sipped on his juice.

After we finished the cake and said goodbyes, we went separate ways.

I felt the breeze of wind touch my skin.

What’s with the sudden windy feeling this summer?

I gripped my hair with my hand to keep it from slapping into my fa—

“aww.” I muttered.

An unknown object just landed on my face. I swiftly removed it with my both hands.

“What the?”

Its actually a paper, scratch that, its  a poster.

A poster of… Someone I don’t even know. Gee nice. He looks Korean, orrrr Chinese? No wait, KOREAN! Uhhh never mind.

He looks…

Sad?

And a bit familiar. Feels like I’ve seen him somewhere.

And those eyes…

Maybe it’s the photography or something but his eyes..it was as if he was really looking at me.

Err creepy.

“Hey miss! You should get that one. That’s the only copy left.”

Just a meter away from me is a woman in her 40s or 50s? In front of her is a table where a bunch of posters are spread out.

Weird. Since when did she start selling items here?

I went nearer and handed her the poster.

“Ahh I’m sorry but I’m not buying.” I smiled and politely refused.

“No no no dear. For you it’s free.” She said pushing the poster to me.

“But I’m not really a fan of—“

“Take it child.” She said so firmly like I didn’t have a choice but to take it.

“Oh…kay.”

The woman smiled. And I can’t totally feel the something’s off in that smile. I shivered at the thought. After muttering ‘thanks bye.’ I folded the poster like that on a scroll and immediately left and went to my original destination, my dorm. Which is just beside the cake shop, and right in front of the school. Pretty convenient.

 

 

 

Our dorm is actually spacious. Though it looks old in the outside, the inside is well kept and cleaned.

It’s coed so, guys stay on the 1st floor and girls, 2nd floor.

I thought it’ll be a problem with you know, technically living under one roof with guys, but so far, there hasn’t been a problem.

I opened the gate and went inside. I roamed my eyes to the surroundings and I spotted some boys playing basketball, two boys playing catch, a group of girls huddled together in a bench watching a movie or something, a guy smiling with a phone on his ear, etcetera.

They’re probably using the rest of their time to enjoy and relax since the finals is now officially over.

I jogged to the stairs and walked to the hallway.

Some doors were open and I can totally see them lying in their beds, talking about random stuffs maybe.

“HEY ELLE!”

I stopped on my tracks and peered on the room where the voice came from.

Its Erin. A sophomore. She became my friend after she mentioned that she likes anime. “Yeah?”

“How was exam?” She’s sitting on her swivel chair, her desktop showed the site facebook.

“Its fine, I guess..” I nodded. “I’ll pass.”

She laughed. “Hey you should not be contented of having just passed. You should aim higher!”

“Rrrrright. Says the girl who’s top 1 in the class.”

“Shut up.”

I sticked my tongue at her and walked to my room which is at the end of the hallway.  

Just one more room and here it is!

Just like the Christmas day…

Sonkkoba gidarideon

Just like the Christmas day oh!

Neol saenggakhamyeon 

And I wonder, who the hell passionately sings Just like a Christmas day in the hotness of summer.

I opened door and lo and behold, my roommate--Gia, whose singing and (also actually) dancing sensually with a pillow with a face taped on it (I think she calles him D.O)

“Yo!”

I manage to say before cracking a faint laugh.

“Ya ya ya, did I just here you laugh?” She stopped the stereo and placed the pillow on her bed.

“What? Nope.”

“I heard  you, liar.” She sat on her bed (which is beside my bed) while I placed the folded poster on the table near my bed. “AHHH I CANT BELIEVE I DID’NT GO TO EXO'S CONCERT LAST NIGHT. DEMN FINALS.”

“Yeah you’ve said that since morning.” I really wanted to say that.

I noticed her baggage on the side.

“You packed already?” I asked as I removed my sneakers.

“Yeahh.  I’ll leave after lunch.”

“Great!”

I noticed her raising an eyebrow at me.

“No, I mean it’s great.. Great that you can finally see your family.” Her face softened and she smiled.

“Yup!” She stood up and walked to my bed. “How bout you?”

“Will do. I’ll just have to wait for my class cards.” I stretched my arms. I wanna sleep.

“Where’d your posters go?” I asked when I noticed that something’s off in our room. Really, our room looks without her gazillion of posters on the walls. She even placed a two or three on my side.

I didn’t mind though. As long as she don’t blast her Korean music while I’m reviewing, I’m totally fine with it.

“Ahhh I see.” She smiled wickedly. “So you miss my babies now. Sorry, but I’m taking them with me ha!”

It’s really funny how she’s been trying to convert me to be a kpop fan since I moved in the room.

No thanks though. Im not really interested on guys prettier than me.

Before I could say something, she grabbed the rolled poster on my table. “Hey what’s this? OH MY GOD ELLE!? THIS IS SEHUN OPPA! YOU AN EXO STAN NAAW? HOW DID YOU WHAT HAPPENED OH MY GOD WELCOME TO THE CLUB! ASDFGHJKLL!”

“WAIT, HOLD YOUR HORSES!”

She nodded and looked at me dreamily.

“Okay, first, I’m still not fan of your Korean cult and I don’t even know that guy!”

“Whut.” She looked at me, dumbstrucked.

So I explained to her what really happened. How that poster came in to my hands.

She looked disappointed at first but then she said “So can I have it?”

Really.. this girl is hopeless.

“Su—“

*BOOOOGSH*

There was a loud noise of a broken glass.

“What on—“ I was to say something but my voice got cut by the loud and scary voice of Gia.

“WHO THE HELL THREW A BALL ON OUR WINDOW?” Her nose was totally flaring.

 

 

 

 

 

Gia was really mad and hysterical about our broken window but she still left after lunch, leaving me behind to solve problem.

I’m pretty sure those two guys who were playing catch are to be blamed. I did confront the two though and they admitted it. They said they’d pay it so there’s no need for the landlady to know about this.

Right. The landlady will surely kick them out for sure.

But since they haven’t given me the money to fix it yet, I had thought of a great idea. Credits to my genius mind.

“Alright. This will do.” I said after I placed a tape on the last corner of the poster. Somehow, the wind blew again so I had to close the other window.

Oh speaking of the poster, I didn’t give it to Gia. I used it to cover the hole on the window. She was mad at me, saying “How dare you use my Sehun to cover up a broken window?” I shrugged and answered, “Its mine, so I have all the right right?”

She gave me a one last glare before leaving the room.

I checked my watch and it says it’s already 5: 49.

“Ahhh I’m so tired.” I dumped myself on the bed and dipped my face on the pillow.

It feels empty without Gia here, but it’s much more peaceful too. Like world peace.

BZZT BZZZT.

I got up and took my phone on my bag beside the table.

Mom

“Hey mom. Is everything alright?” I said as I answered the phone.

“Yes, don’t worry about us, we're fine honey. How ‘bout you? How was your exams?”

Ahh. I really miss her. I really miss them.

I can feel my eyes warming but I’m so not gonna cry, it will worry my mom more.

“Its fine. It’s all finished now. I’m just waiting for my class cards.” I went back on lying in my bed.

“Great. We really miss you now. I hope you’ll come back early.”

I heard a voice on the background. “TELL HER I MISS HER!”  I smiled. It’s my 5 year old brother, Kyle.

“Will do. I miss you all too. Tell Kyle that I'll be home soon.”

“Okay. Goodbye Elle. Love you.”

“Love you too.”

End call.

My mom’s a housewife. My dad on the other hand is an engineer in construction firm. And last but not the least, I have 5 year old bubbly brother.

They’re my family. And it’s my first time being away from them.

In order to chase my dreams, I left them.

I remember when I received the letter that said that I passed in the university, I was so happy for 10 seconds, but then I realized that the university is 10 hours away from home.

I couldn’t just leave my family behind but they convinced me to go.

They said that distance won’t keep us from being  a family.

It was hell on the first weeks. I cried during the nights. I remember Gia handing me a box of tissue saying, “You may cry, but just keep it down, you’ll wake the ghosts.”

Months went by, and I got used to this life. Life outside my comfort zone.

It was cool. I honestly don’t have regrets.

But I will never get used to a life without my family around.

Never.

*THUD*

My heart skipped a bit when I heard that weird sound.  I mean come on, when you’re alone in a room you’ll have the worst imaginations.

I got up from the bed. What on earth is that—

“Oh my God. I’m back! HAHA! I’m--”

I catch my breath and blinked many times just to make sure it’s not a hallucination or a dream. But I know, this is real. This is a freakin reality.

It’s a tall blonde boy, scratch that, a tall blonde guy, in my room, near the window. I repeat, IN MY ROOM, INSIDE MY ROOM. HOLY COW.

I’ve seen too much movies like I spit on your grave 2 that I almost died when our eyes locked. INTRUDER ALERT INRUDER ALERT

His chinky eyes widened in surprise.

I opened my mouth to scream. “AHHHHHHHHH!”

I heard him say, “ no no. don’t do that.” and he swiftly closed the distance between us and clamped his hand on my mouth.

“MNNNN!”

He was so close. Too close. My heartbeat accelerated.

“LLLUUT GGGG OV MMMMHH”

(translation: Let go of me)

“Look, I’m not gonna hurt you!”

I bit his hand and pushed him away.

My hands fumbled on the drawer in the cabinet beside my bed. I’m so glad that Gia bought this.

I felt the cold object and immediately grabbed it and pointed it at the stranger.

“A taser? Darn!” Panic was written all over the stranger’s face now.

Good. He might as well get stunned now.

“No I’m not what you think!”

Okay, should I just press this? OHGODMY FINGERS WONT MOVE

“HEY ARE YOU LISTENING? I’m not gonna hurt you or you. Don’t I even look familiar to you?”

My eyes darted to his face.

He has this spiky blonde hair. He’s wearing a white, I don’t know, a polo? Just that the sleeves were cut (so I can really have a good look on his biceps), with a grey sleeveless topper.

Come to think of it he looks familiar. Feels like I’ve seen him somewhere I lowered the gun too.

The guy nodded and smiled. “That’s right. Look, I’m pretty much famous. I came from a boy band called EXO—“

“NO WAY! You’re the guy in the poster!!!” somehow, I calmed a bit and my fear was replaced by an excitement.

“--And we’re known worldwide, we have so many fans and WHAT?”

“You’re the guy in the poster. What did Gia called you? Se…Senun?”

“Its Sehun.” He deadpanned.

“Oh. Okay.” She smiled awkwardly. “So how’d you get here?” I crossed my arms and sat properly on the bed.

“Uhh before I answer all your questions, might as well, drop your gun now.”

“Alright.” So I put it back in the drawer. “You may sit.”  And he sat on the Gia’s bed so were practically facing each other now.

Ahh speaking of Gia, I wonder how she’ll react if she knows that one of the Korean guys she worship is now on their room, sitting on her bed.

Ahh I bet her expression will be priceless.

“Sooo, how’d you get here?” I asked like I was interrogating a suspect on a crime.

“I came from the poster.” He said without batting an eye.

EH?

“PFFFT haha, convincing. Really convincing. Might as well say you got cursed by a witch and got trapped in the poster.”

LOLOLOL. That really sounds like a fiction story. What a joke.

“Yep.” He nodded.

I stared at his face, analysing every movement he makes. He looks…he looks like he’s telling the truth.

“what?”

“Okay miss….?”                        

“Elle.”

“Oh you have the same name as Myungsoo hyung.”

“who?”

“Uhhh I’ll just get with the explanation. Elle, let’s me break it down to you. I got cursed by a witch, and she trapped me in the poster, and all of a sudden I came out of it. Clear?”

“Wait, are we like telling a fiction story?”

He face-palmed. “UGGH.”

“Ok okay fine I believe you. Just that, if you got trapped in the poster then how’d you go out then?”

The thing is I lied. I’m not really sure if I believe it or not. Its just..so weird. This is real life. Yeah sure there are witches and curses but trapped in a poster? Pretty creative.

But yeah, it’s interesting so I’ll try going with the flow.

“I-I don’t know. Somehow, I felt like getting from the outside and voila! I found myself in this stuffy room.”

“Wow. You do realize that the room, you’re calling ‘STUFFY’, is my room.”

He ignored my retort though and asked instead.

“What’s the date today?”

So random. But I answered him anyway since he kinda looked serious .

“17. Why?”

But its instead of answering me, he continued more questions. Tsk. This guy…

“Where’s this place? Is it near the airport?”

“You’re in my dorm. Aaand, I think it’s an hour long travel. But 2 hours if you count the traffic.”

Before I even finish my sentence, he already stood up and went to the door.

Oh wow. After, all the explanation and questions, he’s goin to just leave like nothing happened.

Tsk tsk tsk.

But then he turned around and walked towards me.

 

 

“Can you lend me money for taxi?”

“Uhm Okay.”

 

 

The door slammed close.

I stood up and went to see the poster.

 “Geez, he could’ve just said that he got in through the windows. Why invent a story so he can get—“

Holy freak show.

My eyes widened in surprise as I see the poster.

There was nothing there. Just a freakin white background.

Was he really telling the truth?

 

Shoot me now.

 

 

A/N:

MY FIRST EXO FANFIC EVER PUBLISHED 

Anyway, this fanfic is loosely based on CN BLUE's Love Girl MV

ENJOY!