Hiding Targets

[HIATUS] Avatar: The Legend of Taeyeon
暗杀
 
BOOK THREE:
ASSASSINATIONS
 
CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE:
Hiding Targets

 

              “I have a thought,” Yoona spoke up as they all continued to think about Sica’s whereabouts. “And you know, this might be a no-brainer, but if Yoongbird can find this Sica person, why don’t we send another letter to her and follow the bird as soon as it takes off?”

              Everyone stared at Yoona and was dumbfounded. Finally Taeyeon exclaimed, “Why didn’t I think of that in the first place?! Gosh, how stupid! What are we wasting our time for? Let’s go!”

              “I don’t think that’s such a good idea,” Sunny hesitated. “If you do that, it means you’ll have to follow the bird closely and only stop when it decides to stop. What if you lose sight of the bird?”

              “It’s worth a try though.”

***

              “So, what do we do about it now?” Tao asked Kris as those pirates trembled before them. “How do you think we can find them?”

              “If they’re truly royalty, then the most predictable move they will make is to head to Ba Sing Se and seek an audience with the Earth Kingdom Royal Family. We don’t have to chase them. We just have to head to Ba Sing Se and let everyone else in the clan know about it,” Kris confidently replied. “And once those Water Tribe idiots get into Ba Sing Se, they’ll think they will be safe, but they’re actually walking into our trap.”

              Then Kris turned to the pirates and said, “If you guys want your ship back, you all need to help us. When everything is accomplished, your debt is cleared.”

              Then Kris took out a small whistle and blew on it. It had no sound, but soon a small brown bird carrying a brown cylinder case perched on his shoulder. Then he placed a letter in the cylinder case and sent the bird off.

              “Messenger hawks are just awesome,” Tao childishly said with a giggle. “Who did you send that letter to?”

              “It’s for Amber and the rest of the others in the Earth Kingdom—to let them know that Water Tribe 'Their Highnesses' are coming, so the others can act accordingly,” Kris said with a wink. “If we can get rid of those Water Tribe losers, it will be a plus for us in addition to overthrowing the Earth King and Queen. I will send a letter to the spies in the North Pole too, so that they can deal with the government there and not have to worry about these soon-to-be-dead heirs.”

***

              “Thank you for taking us in,” Secretary Yoochun said as he sat with the rest of their little band of royalties in the house of a lonely middle-aged farmer named Donghae. The place was rather small and shabby just like the rest of the town, but it was good enough to hide them from their odd group of pursuers. Donghae found them getting shut out of the nearby restaurant after they begged for food. He felt pity for them—or felt relieved for himself rather—and decided to just take them in. He does need some help with his harvest after all. Those huge pumpkins sitting on his field are too much for a one-man job. These distraught foreign strangers might possibly do anything for food.

              “Of course, I won’t just let you stay here without anything in return,” he selfishly declared. Sica found him to be quite distasteful already and frowned at his every word.

              “We’re leaving next thing tomorrow morning. What the hell do you want?” Sica sharply asked.

              Donghae did not even flinch at her intimidation. He just childishly smiled and said, “You should all help me harvest my crops first before you go as a payment for me letting you stay for the night. In fact, you can stay here as long as you want, as long as you help me with my harvest.”

              “Sure, that seems easy enough,” Seohyun agreed immediately. Yonghwa just nodded along too. Krystal was even excited about learning to farm.

              “Wait, wait, wait!” Sica objected. “I am a highly respected Water Tribe Prin—”

              Secretary Yoochun immediately cupped his hand over the princess’ mouth to stop her from talking any further. The farmer does not seem to know who they are or recognize them as royalty and it may just be better if it stays that way. They cannot risk being tracked, attacked, and captured by strange men who want them dead or sold as slaves again. “It’s okay. We’ll do as you ask.”

              Although they were all quite tired from running and fighting those pirates, they just worked in Donghae’s farm anyway. They even changed from their ripped and ruined Water Tribe attire as provided by the kind farmer. Now they looked more like poor Earth Kingdom peasants wearing dusty, tacky beige and green hanboks. It may have been selfish of Donghae to take them in just for the sake of having a helping hand, but at least he treated them well enough to get by. Now no one would recognize them as Water Tribe royalties at all. Only the girls’ bright clear blue eyes and pearly white skin might give them away.

              “So, what’s the plan for now?” Sica asked Yoochun as they worked in the back-breaking field.

              “Since we’re obviously in the Earth Kingdom, I think we should head to Ba Sing Se as soon as possible and get help there.”

              “Yes, yes, that’s a good plan. Queen Hyo will definitely welcome us in; that’s for sure,” Sica nodded in agreement. “But we don’t even know where we are. How are we going to get there?”

              Donghae had the answer to that question. At the end of the harvest, his friend Shindong—who imports fruits, vegetables, and other produce into Ba Sing Se—let them come with him to the capital. Donghae proved to be quite a help to them and even sent them away with extra pocket money as a thank you for helping them out with the harvest. Maybe he wasn’t so selfish after all. And so, their journey continues…

 

Many days of travelling later…

               “Here we are at Ba Sing Se!” Shindong announced after travelling with no problems at all. It was quite a surprise. They were all on edge the entire journey but nothing strange happened to them at all. The pirates really lost track of them, or did they? Either way, they were all still in once piece and Shindong wasn’t harmed either, so…

              Upon entering the wall and getting into the Lower Ring, Shindong asked, “So, where should I drop you all off?”

              “Please take us to the palace, thank you.” Sica was getting impatient. All she wants is to sleep in a nice cool villa after spending their days camping in various god-forsaken towns or mountains.

              Shindong stared at them oddly and said, “Are you insane? I can’t even take you dirty low-lives into the Middle Ring. What are you going to do in the palace? Kill yourselves?”

              “Hey, who are you calling a dirty low-life?!” Sica said, readying to water bend from her new water pouch that Donghae gave to her. (Donghae gave each one of them a water pouch for drinking.) They may look like a bunch of dirty and tired nobodies right now, but they absolutely don’t belong in the poverty stricken Lower Ring—home to the poorest class of the city.

              Yoochun immediately stopped Sica and whispered, “He doesn’t know you’re royalty. Let’s keep it that way. Those pirates and that Yifan guy, whoever they are, might still be on our trail. We don’t know what they want, but we don’t have to know, and we don’t have to deal with them again if we’re careful.”

              “What do you mean we can’t get to the palace?” Seohyun innocently asked. She had never been to this city before. In the North Pole, anyone can come ask the guards for permission to meet the King—or Chief as they would like to call him—whether they were of nobility or not.

              “Here in Ba Sing Se, you need to send an application to get an audience with anyone of royalty to get into the palace,” Shindong explained, assuming that they have never been here before. “They have insanely strict rules here. Lower Ring people can’t even get into the higher Rings unless they have permission from authority, let alone ask an audience with the King. Unless you all magically transform into noble Princes and Princesses from faraway lands, you can’t get in. Heck, even those royal visitors can’t just waltz into the palace whenever they want.”

              “It’s fine,” Yoochun said with a smile and a respectful bow to thank Shindong for taking them into the city. “You can just drop us off somewhere close to the wall between the Lower Ring and the Middle Ring. We’ll take care of ourselves from then on.”

              “Wait!” interjected Seohyun. “Maybe you can drop us off somewhere else. Do you perhaps know of a healing clinic run by healers from the Water Tribe?”

              Shindong thought for a while and then said, “There are a few of those scattered around the Lower Ring, but I only know one. My old friend Kyuhyun used to go there all the time.”

              The five Water Tribe people all looked at each other upon hearing Kyuhyun’s name being mentioned once again. First, Kyuhyun’s name was mentioned by that creepy Tao kid, and now this Shindong man also knows who he is. Is Kyuhyun really that famous around here? Well, whatever Kyuhyun’s identity was, they would rather not confess again that they know him. Sica already told Tao that she knew Kyuhyun and that only caused them trouble.

              “Please take us there.”

              "Okay then!"

 

              Meanwhile, somewhere deep in the Upper Ring, the waitress named Yuri—who once wanted to train under The Great Queen Hyoyeon but was flatly rejected—just finished her job for the day and headed outside the Xiah Dragon Noodles Restaurant with her friend Soo-Young. Since their wages were increased after moving to the Upper Ring, they continued working under Junsu—the Queen’s brother and owner of the Xiah Dragon Noodles Restaurant. Yuri and Soo-Young also got a bigger house in the Upper Ring as a provision from Queen Hyoyeon. Although as much as their life seemed to have become a lot grander, Yuri still had ambitions of learning earth bending from the Queen. In the past year, Minho—Soo-Young’s younger brother—passed the military exam and has become an official palace guard. Yuri has begged him to make a way for her to get into the palace, but no luck. Although Minho works in the palace, he was only stationed by the palace wall, which was still quite far from where the royalties reside. He cannot reach the Queen at all. Still, Yuri never lost hope. There has to be a way.

              As Yuri and Soo-Young walked home, they noticed someone familiar walking toward the wall that lead to the Middle Ring. It was Amber. Amber used to be one of the dishwashers in the Xiah Dragon Noodles but then she quit to train with the Queen Hyoyeon after the coronation party—when she badly kicked Yuri and Minho’s butts—about more than one and a half years ago. They have not actually seen her since then, so it was a surprise to see her this evening.

              “Amber!” Yuri and Soo-Young called from afar, but Amber ignored them and wore a hood over her head to hide her face. Then she continued walking until she was out of the Upper Ring.

              “Tch, what a snob!” Soo-Young snorted, thinking that Amber had become such a self-righteous parvenu ever since Queen Hyoyeon’s recognition of her earth bending talents.

              “Soo-Young Noona! Yuri Noona!” called someone else with a deep voice also coming from the direction where Amber came from. He was waving at them with his long arms covered in Earth Kingdom armor.

              “Minho!” Yuri greeted with a big smile.

              “You done with your shift?” Soo-Young asked her brother.

              “Yup,” Minho said with a charming grin showing of his pearly whites. Beads of sweat were forming on his forehead, and he looked rather tired, but he seemed to be in a good mood. “By the way, can you two come with me to the Lower Ring tonight? I want you both to meet someone.”

              “Who?” Soo-Young and Yuri asked in unison.

              “Just a very nice girl that I thought you both should meet.” Minho looks really excited that his eyes almost looked like it was twinkling at the moment.

              “Don’t tell me you have a girlfriend already.” Soo-Young rolled her eyes.

              “Uh… not really, but she was really nice to me,” Minho said with an awkward nod, his cheeks starting to blush.

              “Yah!” Yuri exclaimed, slapping Minho’s arm. “What about me?!”

              “Ow, Noona, what do you mean?”

              Yuri always liked to flirt around with Minho ever since he hit puberty. She liked telling him about how handsome he is, but Minho just always felt awkward about that. They are more like family than anything though, especially since Yuri was now living with him and Soo-Young in the Upper Ring.

              “Oh, so I’m Noona-zoned now? Okay then,” Yuri said with an adorable pout. Then she asked with a erted smirk, as she moved her eyebrows up and down, “So, who’s the lucky girl?”

              “Well, she’s…”

              “Did you say Lower Ring?” Soo-Young butted in. “Don’t you at least have some class? Why choose a girl from the Lower Ring?”

              “Hey, we lived in the Lower Ring once too. We only moved up to the Middle Ring and then to the Upper Ring because of our good luck and the Queen’s favors,” Minho said to rebuke his sister. “Besides, not everyone in the Lower Ring is classless. You will like her when you meet her.”

***

              Shindong and the five Water Tribe royals arrived at the huge tent clinic in one filthy area of town. The area looked quite crowded, and plenty of street children played barefooted on the dusty soil. They could hear some ahjummas yelling at some boys, some laundry women hanging clothes to dry in front of their windows—only to be stolen by some petty thief, and some shirtless middle-aged men smoking tobacco while advertising their own blacksmith shop. The houses were all different shapes and sizes—some more wrecked than others. Even the stray animals looked scrawny. This definitely isn’t a place of luxury.

              After thanking Shindong for the long ride, they entered the tent clinic. That tent clinic was a place for the poor, sick and injured people can come and be healed for a very cheap fee. It was all run by water bender volunteers from the North and South Pole. When they got in, Seohyun immediately recognized a dignified man using his water bending to heal a sick child. There were other water benders there treating the other sick and injured people, but that man caught Seohyun’s eye. It was her father. He still looked quite young and lively even for his age. He and Seohyun had the same eyes. Then she also saw a woman bringing in clean water. It was her mother, also looking youthful despite the business of their job. She and Seohyun both have the same smile. When Yonghwa recognized them, he just remembered how much Seohyun looked like a good mix of her parent’s kind features.

              “Dad! Mom!” Seohyun ran toward them and stopped right before them with tears of joy flowing down her bubbly cheeks.

              When they saw her, they stopped all that they were doing and approached the girl whose footsteps could not seem to move any further. She was so happy that she just stiffly stood there.

              “Seohyun? Seobaby, is that you?” her parents asked, also not believing their eyes. “Oh my, it is you! You’ve grown so much!”

              Seohyun’s parents came to give her a heart-warming hug with tears also flowing from their eyes. It has been such a long time since they saw her. Then she breathed out, “I wished that I would see you both again, and I guess wishes really do come true!”

              “And who are these…?” Seohyun’s mother asked, not recognizing the Water Tribe royalties dressed in worn-out sack cloth. When she took a closer look, she immediately fell down to her knees and said, “Oh my! Your Highnesses! What brings you all here?”

              “Is that you, Prince Yonghwa?” Seohyun’s father asked, after coming closer to meet them. “And Princesses Krystal and Sica? Wow you have all grown so much!”    

              Yonghwa awkwardly bowed before Seohyun’s parents and just stood there stiffly, not knowing what to do. His plan was to ask them for her hand in marriage after winning her heart, but now he became quite nervous. He will have to tell them eventually.

              Also, Seohyun’s younger cousin, Sulli, came to her with a big hug, saying, “Eonni, I missed you!” Sulli is also working as a healer in the tent clinic with her own parents. Just like Seohyun, she was very kind-hearted and sweet. Krystal used to be friends with Sulli too, since they were about the same age.

              “Hey, Sulli, you’re really growing up and getting prettier,” Sica greeted with a smile. “You’re almost taller than I am too. Ah, I guess it runs in your family.” Sica glanced at Seohyun and winked.

              Sulli also gave Krystal big hug and said, “It’s so good to see you again!”

              “Gosh, I’m touched that you still remember me,” Krystal shyly said.

              Soon, all the other water benders came and bowed before the Jungs, but Secretary Yoochun told them to stop. They did not want to attract too much attention to themselves until they can ask the Earth King and Queen for help. Their pursuers might still be tracking them. This definitely caught Sulli’s attention. “Pursuers?” Sulli had to think for a while, but then she had to tend to some other patients. Yet, that fact that the Royal Jungs were in hiding completely bothered her for some reason.

              Later, Seohyun’s parents led them into their humble home—a small ragged house with an entrance that was hidden by the side of a rough alley. The place was carpeted by animal fur, and heads of assorted animals were displayed on the walls—a typical Water Tribe home. Sica grimaced a little, since this is such a down-grade compared to Seohyun’s family’s old house back in the North Pole. They used to be nobles, but now they are living close to the slums. This is definitely not ideal for royalties like them, but it was better than wandering around in the streets.

              After settling down, Seohyun then proceeded to tell her parents about what happened so far ever since they left the North Pole. She told them about Kyuhyun’s sudden death, the Avatar’s disappearance, the storm that led them to the Earth Kingdom, the band of pirates that kidnapped them, Donghae’s kindness, and the long travel with Shindong. She told her parents about how all their original plans were wasted, and so far, the only thing they did according to plan was get to Ba Sing Se and to visit her parents. Now they wanted to ask the King and Queen for help and protection against the strange people who might want to kill them. The only thing she did not mention was her complicated relationship with the Crown Prince. Yonghwa felt rather disappointed about that. She probably was not comfortable discussing that with her parents yet.

              “If you need to contact the King and Queen, I don’t think we can help you,” said Seohyun’s father. “If you can all come in a dignified manner        as Water Tribe Royalties, you will definitely get an audience with them. But seeing as though you all look beaten and robbed, no one will believe that you’re royalty at all. Even the letters that get into the palace must have some sort of royal insignia on it if it has to reach the highest authorities. You can’t get any of that here in the Lower Ring.”

              “Ugh, if only we had that bird of Taeyeon’s that can fly into the palace, then we can send a letter to Hyoyeon and let her know we’re here,” Sica said in frustration.

***

              Minho, Soo-Young, and Yuri took the train to the Lower Ring and arrived one of the dirtier parts of the city, where all the despicable scum and vermin roam about jobless. The rough and tough looking bystanders could not help but stare at them since they were in nice silk clothes. Yuri and Soo-Young definitely felt uncomfortable. However, nobody wanted to mess with them though, seeing that Minho was dressed in a guard uniform. Everyone there respected those ranks since only skilled earth benders ever get to become guards.

              When they reached a huge pegged tent in one corner of the town where street kids ran around with their skinned and bruised knees, Minho stopped and said, “We’re here. She’s probably inside. I told her I’d meet her here.”

              “Um, what is this place?” Soo-Young asked, or more like complained because of the uneasy tone of her voice.

              As the three of them proceeded to walk into the tent, Minho said, “It’s a clinic.”

              Inside, they saw sick patients and wounded people on mats being tended to by water bending healers. Then Minho pointed to a particular young lady tending to a sick old woman. She had smooth, pearl white skin and a sweet, lovely smile while tending to patients. Without a doubt, her aura was soothing enough to them. Although her dark brown hair was in a rather messy bun, she still looked very pretty. When she began water bending to heal the old woman’s sickness, Yuri and Soo-Young were amazed. They had never seen anything like that before.

              When the girl finished healing the woman, Minho called her. “Sulli!”

              The young girl about two years younger than Minho looked up and saw him. Her eyes sparkled in delight and waved her hand to greet him back. “Minho Oppa!”

              “Noonas, this is Sulli. Sulli, these are my Soo-Young and Yuri Noonas,” Minho said, introducing them to each other.

              “Okay, so how do you know each other?” Soo-Young asked, being the responsible noona that she was to her younger brother.

              “A few days ago, I went to do some of my commander’s orders, so I went out here in the Lower Ring. Suddenly, I saw her being harassed by a hooded earth bender, so I came to help. I couldn’t see the earth bender’s face, but that bender was really strong that I got injured after the fight. She then used her water bending to heal me, but the attacker escaped though.”

              “Hooded earth bender?” Yuri scratched her head and thought. “Didn’t Amber just…?”

              Suddenly, a young man went into the tent. He looked rather awkward and he was shaking a little. Even through eyes, his fear was evident.

               “Excuse me,” he said. “Can I ask some questions?”

              When Minho looked behind his shoulders to see who it was, he saw a wall guard—one of the lower ranked guards assigned to keep order by the city walls. Minho used to be a wall guard too before he became a palace guard so he knew that shabby uniform all too well. Then he realized who it was. “Onew Hyung?”

              Onew was one of Minho’s comrades back when he served as a wall guard. That guy was rather soft and way too nice sometimes that he cannot even do his job well in enforcing the law. Most of the time, he just wasted his life in the Xiah Dragon Noodles and bloated himself with chicken before the restaurant moved to the Upper Ring. When the Xiah Dragon Noodles moved to the Upper Ring, he could no longer afford to eat there, so Minho would bring him some chicken while he reflects on how unimportant and useless he was. Eventually, Minho left to become a royal guard and they haven’t seen each other since.

              Upon seeing Minho, Onew immediately ran to him and whispered, “Help me.”

              “With what?”

              “Yes, what do you want?” Sulli asked.

              Then Onew straightened up and tried to act tough and asked in a loud voice, “Has there been any Royal Water Tribe people around here?” But then he whispered immediately afterwards, “Lie. Don’t answer my question. Please. Someone is watching me.”

              Earlier, five Water Tribe nobles and royalties—Sica and the others who are now staying in Seohyun’s parents’ house—came here seeking for help, but the nurses already agreed not to tell anyone about it, and so Sulli did not say anything. “No, what would royalties even be doing here in such a lowly place, sir?”

              Onew was a bit jittery and kept looking back to the tent entrance. Feeling strange, Yuri also looked to the tent entrance and caught a glimpse of a hooded figure—exactly what Amber looked like a while ago. As if surprised that Yuri had seen her, the hooded figure—assumed to be Amber—immediately left. Then Yuri rubbed her eyes and said, “Is… is that Amber?”

              “What?” Soo-Young said, also turning to the entrance. Then Yuri quickly left to see if Amber really was there. Soo-Young came running after her. “Yuri, wait up!”

              Yuri ran out to the streets and saw the figure with a cloak. Although the hooded phantom tried to escape, Yuri continued to catch the cloaked person’s trail. She ended up getting close to a tavern that reeked of alcohol, making her stop in her tracks when she saw Amber go in. What was that about?

              “Yuri!” Soo-Young called and ran after her. Then she found Yuri hiding by a wall close to the entrance of the tavern. Then Soo-Young slapped Yuri’s arms and said, “Yah, what are you—”

              Yuri quickly cupped her hand over Soo-Young’s loud mouth and said, “Shush!” Then she motioned Soo-Young to come with her into the well-lit tavern. They could hear all the noise and ruckus coming from inside. It doesn’t seem like a very friendly place.

              “Oh no, don’t tell me we’re going in there,” Soo-Young whispered. Then she shook her head and said, “People will look at us if we go in there. I mean we look like we’re from the Upper Ring, and this place is for gamblers, cheaters, and drunken scum…”

              Then Yuri looked up overhead and saw two huge drab blankets hanging by a window. Without hesitating, she raised the ground beneath her feet with her earth bending and reached for the two blankets. Then she handed one blanket to Soo-Young and said, “Let’s wear these then."

              As much as they would like to blend in, they actually looked even more ridiculous with a blanket wrapped over their head and around their body. They looked like a walking-talking roll of kimbap. Oh well, at least they can cover their face and not be recognized. Now it’s time to spy.

              “I’m curious about what Amber has been doing. She shouldn’t even be hanging around here since she’s already hailed by Queen Hyoyeon. I’m sure the Queen will not be happy to hear that one of her trainees has been hanging around gambling taverns such as this one. Absolutely classless…”

***

              Minho was left with Onew in the tent clinic. Sulli took them to a back exit where they can talk privately. Then Minho asked in a low, soft voice, “Hyung, are you okay? What’s wrong?”

              “Wow, you’re really a royal guard now, huh?” Onew stiffly said, changing the topic.

              “What’s going on?” Minho asked again.

              “You remember Amber? I remember she used to work in the Xiah Dragon Noodles back then, right?” Onew began, always looking around to see if anyone was watching. “She just came to me a while ago wearing this strange hood as if she was up to no good and did not want to be recognized, and asked me if I’ve seen some Water Tribe royalties hiding around the area. Obviously I said ‘No, haven’t seen ‘em,’ coz, how ridiculous does that sound, right? Why would Water Tribe royals be hiding here? She almost ignored me, but then she wanted me to look for them and secretly report to her. I told her, ‘No thanks, you’re not my commander,’ but she got mad and threatened me. Then she said she would give me all the chicken I could ever want if I help her, but if I don’t, she said she’d kill me. So I asked her, ‘Why do you want to look for them?’ She never answered. I think she’s up to something bad, so I don’t want to help her, even if there’s chicken. Gosh, do I look that easy to you?”

***

              Yuri and Soo-Young walked in the tavern, and the people there could care less. Everyone was drinking, gambling, and smoking shisha as gisaengs danced on a platform to lively trot music. Soo-Young and Yuri were immediately repulsed by the sight of the crowded place but they continued walking past the people. When they turned past the platform, they saw a wider area where people gambled on huge circular tables. There they saw the hooded figure—assumed to be Amber—approaching an intimidating man with a half-mask made of crumbled rocks, who seemed to be dominating the game.

              “Look, isn’t that Amber?” Yuri said, watching from afar, making sure she was not seen. By this time, the lights had shown Amber’s facial features even with her hood over her head.

              “What is she doing here?” Soo-Young whispered back to Yuri. “And who’s that guy?”

              “Oh, you!” the strange man said when he saw that Amber was there. Yuri and Soo-Young continued watching. They could not hear Amber speaking. Her voice was too soft and the crazy party noise was just too much. “I just arrived here a while ago so I’m relaxing,” the man continued.

              Amber seemed to be saying something, but Yuri and Soo-Young still can’t hear her.

              “That Water Tribe bunch is definitely in here…You should ask everyone else to look some more,” the guy replied. Yuri and Soo-Young could only hear parts of what he was saying since the place was too noisy.

              Then Amber raised her voice a little more and said, “Ugh, Yifan, or Kris, or whatever… I’ll try my best… but you know well I’m busy in the palace…”

              “I know you’re busy, but I asked you to help because you’d know... You’ve been to the Coronation Party some time ago… My other men are clueless little imbeciles… I don’t really trust those stupid pirates either...” Kris slapped down his cards and won the pot.

              Then Amber looked distressed and began to complain, “Kyuhyun should have taken care of them in the first place! We weren’t the ones assigned to overthrow the Water Tribe government; we were assigned to overthrow the Earth Ki—”

              Yuri and Soo-Young heard some of what Amber was saying and they were a little confused. Overthrow the Water Tribe government? Kyuhyun? Isn’t Kyuhyun Oppa that Water Tribe guy who used to eat with Shindong Oppa in the restaurant back then? He is also a part of this? What was that about? And Onew just asked about the whereabouts of a group of Water Tribe royalties that a while ago…

              Yifan, the guy gambling in the hazy tavern filled with sweet smelling shisha smoke, suddenly yanked Amber down that she fell on the seat beside him. Then he whispered to Amber’s ear, “Shut up, someone might hear us and accuse us of planning treason.” Yuri and Soo-Young did not hear what he said.

              Then Yifan glanced at Yuri’s direction. Yuri quickly hid her face and moved closer to the wall to avoid being seen. That Yifan guy might have already seen her spying on them, or maybe not since he just ignored it. Either way, Yuri turned to Soo-Young and said, “Quick, let’s get out of here!”

***

              “Well, that’s weird,” Minho said, crossing his arms. Thinking about what Onew just said to him. “The Amber that I know isn’t like that. She was nice and funny… But even if Water Tribe royalties are hiding here, why would she want to look for them? Why would they even be hiding in the first place? That doesn’t make any sense.”

              “Oh no,” Sulli said in a worried tone.

              “What’s wrong?” Minho asked Sulli.

              “Maybe the hooded earth bender that you saved me from is the Amber that you are talking about. The hooded earth bender also threateningly asked me about a Royal Water Tribe family, but at that time, I had no idea what he or she was talking about.”

              “What?”

              “Listen,” Sulli continued, “you’re both guards and I trust that you both will do what is right. Please don’t look for those Water Tribe royals any longer. Earlier, the Royal Jung heirs, along with my cousin and their secretary, came to us here at the clinic. They are hiding from people who want to harm them and they need help. They were supposed to meet the King and Queen, but they can’t because they got rather unlucky. Please catch those people who want to harm them and deal with them according to justice.”

              “So, you’re saying Amber wants to harm Water Tribe royals? Why?” Onew scratched his head.

              “If you put the two information together, that’s what it seems,” Sulli said thoughtfully. “And it seems to be quite important to this Amber too. She wouldn’t threaten if she wasn’t desperate.”

              “We can’t just arrest with no proof,” Minho said, feeling rather unsure. “But why would Amber want to do that? That makes no sense. Anyway, since I am a royal guard, I can protect those royalties and take them with me to the Upper Ring. Junsu Hyung is popular with the nobles and royalties from all over the world. I can take them to him since he’s the brother of the Earth Queen.”

              “But what if Amber bothers me and threatens me again?” Onew asked in concern. “She’s a stronger earth bender than I am especially since she is training under the Great Queen Hyoyeon. I feel so useless…”

              Minho tapped Onew’s shoulders and said, “Hyung, just stay strong, okay?”

***

              Meanwhile, Seohyun’s parents served everyone a wonderful Water Tribe feast. Although the seafood and dishes did not taste quite the same since they used Earth Kingdom vegetables as substitutes for the actual North Pole seaweed, it still tasted amazing. Seohyun’s mother also prepared a batch of baked sweet potatoes fresh from their oven while Seohyun’s father made sure that he got rid of the cucumbers in their home before Princess Sica could have a panic attack.

              When they all settled down to eat, Seohyun’s father, who was now in a really bright and happy mood, sat across Yonghwa from the low table and said, “Hey, Prince Yong, our young boy who has finally grown up into a man!”

 

              Yonghwa just smiled and awkwardly chewed his food. He used to be really close to Seohyun’s father since he was his old teacher before Yoochun. But now, thinking of Seohyun’s father as his own soon-to-be father-in-law—if they actually get married—just made everything feel really different.

              “So, you’re sixteen now, am I right?”

              “Yes, sir,” Yonghwa politely answered.

              “Isn’t it about time that your parents get you a Crown Princess? Or do you have one already?” Seohyun’s father really anticipated the answer that he was staring at Yonghwa with a big amused smile on his face.

              Yonghwa began to sweat. He does not really know what to say about that. Should he just blurt out that he would rather not get married unless it’s Seohyun or…?

              Seohyun stopped eating and looked at Yonghwa then her father. Feeling bad that her cheerful, playful father had to ask one of the most awkward questions in the book, she said, “Eh… Dad, stop it; you’re making him feel uncomfortable.”

              After saying that, Seohyun made a few more shy eye contacts with the Prince and continued eating her food, making her father think that something is up between them. He has always known that Seohyun and Yonghwa have been friends since they were children. In fact, as a father, he remembered that time when Seohyun first healed a scratch as a five year old. Of course, Seohyun may not even remember that anymore, but the first wound she ever healed was a scratch left on Yonghwa’s face while he was playing out by the North Pole ports. At that time, her father thought that maybe they would be a good match. He would lie if he had not thought of Seohyun becoming the Crown Princess at least once in his life. Although he was also scared of marrying off his only daughter, he knew that there was a high possibility of Seohyun being chosen to fulfill the role of the Crown Princess. Good thing Prince Yonghwa seemed to have grown up into a decent young man.

              Then Seohyun’s father scanned her for a while and asked Seohyun, “You don’t have a betrothal necklace or anything on you, do you?”

              “W-what?!” Seohyun stuttered, her face turning red.

              “She should, doesn’t she?” Sica nonchalantly said as she stuffed with rice. “Yonghwa, why haven’t you made one for her? I thought you confessed and kissed her already."

              Seohyun’s mother gasped. Seohyun’s father just eyed Yonghwa with a stern glare. Krystal and Secretary Yoochun could not help but giggle.

              “K-kissed?!” Yonghwa and Seohyun blurted out at the same time. Krystal and Yoochun just could not help but find them so funny. The YongSeo couple just had to have the same explosive reaction.

              “I never kissed her, I swear!” Yonghwa raised his voice, trying to defend himself. He did not want to look bad in front of Seohyun’s parents at all.

              “Oh yeah?” Sica started again. “Taeyeon and I totally thought it happened that one time…”

              Yonghwa shot her a glare and firmly said, “I. Have never. Kissed her.”

              Suddenly, someone knocked on the house door, interrupting their dinner. It was Sulli and four others that she brought with her. They all went in and bowed before the Water Tribe royal heirs and sat before them on the floor. Yuri instantly recognized Princess Sica and Princess Krystal when she saw them. How could she forget them? They put up a really good fight during the Earth Kingdom coronation. Besides, who could actually forget that day when Krystal fought against that tiny Fire Nation girl who turned out to be the Avatar?

              “Your Highnesses, these are some trusted friends,” Sulli said, introducing everyone. “This is Minho Oppa, Onew Oppa, Yuri Eonni, and Soo-Young Eonni. They can help.”

              Sica glanced at them and exclaimed, “Oh, wait, weren’t you two those challengers from the Coronation Party?”

              Yuri and Minho looked at each other and smiled. They could not believe that they were recognized by royalty. “Yes, Your Highness.”

              “Whoa, you both were quite brave to suddenly ask the Queen for apprenticeship like that. I actually wished that she would take you in for training, but she wouldn’t be called the Great Hyoyeon if she just let anyone in, right?”

              “Anyway, Princess Sica, who did you say were pursuing you?” Sulli asked to confirm if their findings about Amber were correct.

              “I honestly don’t know who they are,” Sica explained. “There was this masked man with the scary eyes in the Fire Nation that tried to kill us and ended up killing Kyuhyun, then those pirates…”

              “Wait, which Kyuhyun are we talking about here?” Soo-Young suddenly butted in. “Is he that same handsome Water Tribe guy who keeps hanging around the Xiah Dragon Noodles with Shindong Oppa back then?”

              Sica glanced at Seohyun, Yonghwa and Yoochun in utter confusion. “You know him too?”

              “Kyuhyun Oppa did say that he has many friends from all over the world, and I guess this world isn’t so big after all,” Seohyun pointed out. “But what I don’t understand is how he knows that Tao who wanted to harm us.”

              Yuri, who had been thinking about Kyuhyun and Amber all this time, tilted her head and asked, “Your Highnesses, may I ask how you all are related to Kyuhyun Oppa?”

              “He’s a family friend of ours,” Sulli and Seohyun answered.

              “Yeah, he offered to take us all aboard his ship, including the Avatar, and take us to our destinations,” Sica added. “I was supposed to go with the Avatar to the Fire Nation Capital, but then the Avatar disappeared into the woods and Kyuhyun got murdered by an assassin who tried to kill us all. It’s kind of a long story, and we ended up here hiding from different people who have been trying to kill us.”

              “He’s dead?!” Yuri and Soo-young were rather surprised. Now they were confused. “I swear I heard that he’s was a part of it…”

              Prince Yonghwa, who was quietly listening suddenly spoke up and said to Yuri, “Do you perhaps know something about Kyuhyun Hyung?” He has always been wondering why Kyuhyun was acting very suspicious back then, and he might just get his answer tonight.

              “I swear I heard it right from the tavern that Kyuhyun Oppa was part of their plan on overthrowing the Water Tribe government,” Yuri said, feeling terrible that she might have to ruin the image of a dead, beloved sailor. Nevertheless, nothing is always quite what meets the eye. Kyuhyun had been hiding frightful secrets from them, and it was about time that they learn the truth about him.

              “What? Overthrow the Water Tribe government? That’s ridiculous!” Seohyun exclaimed, not wanting to believe it. “You must have heard wrong.”

              “Actually, if what she said was true that there are people trying to over throw the Water Tribe government, it all starts to make a little more sense now,” Yonghwa said, finally having some proof that his delusions and bad hunches were actually true. “I think the reason why Tao knows Kyuhyun is because they have been planning this together with a bunch of other people. They were all trying to get rid of us and stop us from getting back to the North Pole so that the others from their rebellion can overthrow the North Pole Chief easily.”

              “And Kyuhyun would be a part of it? How could you think such things?!” Seohyun said angrily, still not wanting to believe it. “He’s dead. That makes no sense any more than this so-called rebellion. Why would anyone want to overthrow the Water Tribe government? We have been living so peacefully for hundreds of years!”

              “I don’t know but I think Changmin Hyung is a part of it too,” Yonghwa continued, making Seohyun very frustrated. “There might be others who are in this too. It could one of our closest friends. Sooner or later, they might betray us.”

              “And why Changmin Oppa?” Seohyun was now breathing heavily through her nostrils. She looked scary.

              “Before we left the North Pole he and Kyuhyun were acting strange. Besides, what happened to Changmin Hyung’s ‘parcel’ for his family? We never got to visit his family or anything.”

              “Aren’t you reading a little too much into this?” Seohyun argued. This is probably their first real couple fight. Everyone else just listened to them shoot arrows at each other.

              “Maybe I am, but if there are really people trying to overthrow the Water Tribe government, my childhood is now making more sense too. I’ve always had terrible bad luck follow me around, and now I’m thinking maybe it was never just a matter of bad luck. Some people have wanted me dead since I was born. I think even the whole predicament with Sergeant Keroro was staged. Someone told us that Sergeant Keroro was out in the glaciers but we just got attacked by vicious polar bear dogs. They never wanted me to take the crown, and they followed me here still trying to kill me.”

              “Okay, okay, can you both stop now?” Seohyun’s father intervened. “We don’t know the whole truth yet, so let’s not come to strange conclusions.”

              “But I do think that it’s true, Your Highnesses!” Yuri said, getting back into the conversation. Then she turned to Sica and asked, “Your Highness, do you remember that earth bender who totally beat us that night at the coronation party? Well...” Yuri and Soo-Young told everyone about what happened earlier from the point when Onew entered the clinic to the point when they were spying Amber in the tavern. Onew and Sulli also explained to them about Amber threatening them into looking for Water Tribe royalties. “…She’s the one who mentioned the overthrowing of the Water Tribe government, and she met up with this scary person named Kris Yifan in the tavern.”

              “You mean that boyish-looking earth bender who Hyoyeon took under her wing?” Sica asked, rubbing her chin.

              “Yes.”

              “What?” Sica said, more in shock about Amber being a part of this alleged group of people wanting to overthrow the Water Tribe government. “Why would she, an apprentice under the Earth Queen, be planning something like that? If Hyoyeon finds out about this, she will sentence her to death for treason! And Yifan? Didn't Tao and the pirates mention his name so many times? Gosh, maybe there really are people planning some sort of rebellion, but why?”

              “I still don’t understand,” Seohyun said, becoming really scared. “Why would anyone want to overthrow the Water Tribe government? And why would Kyuhyun Oppa even be a part of this? It doesn’t make any sense.”

              Finally, after staying quiet for the whole time, Secretary Yoochun spoke up saying, “It doesn’t matter anymore why they are doing it. What matters is that there are people out there trying to kill us—specifically the Jungs. What we need right now is to get help from the Earth King and Queen, and warn the people back in the North Pole about possible danger.”

              “Actually, Minho and the rest of us already planned something to help Your Highnesses,” said Sulli.

              “The three of us,” Minho said, referring to himself and his two noonas, “we live in the Upper Ring. We can take you there and help you contact the Earth King and Queen. We know the Earth Queen’s brother personally.”

              “Oh, so you know Junsu Oppa then?” Sica raised her eyebrows. “I guess our luck isn’t lost after all. It’s great that you all came. Thank you, Sulli and everyone else for finding a way to help us. But wait, how are you planning on getting us to the Upper Ring exactly?”

              There was one way that they thought to make sure that the wall guards would allow the ignoble-looking group into the Upper Ring. Onew was the one who thought of the idea first, and everyone else thought it was a good idea, but Sica utterly refused. Onew’s idea was disguise the Water Tribe royals as Yuri and Soo-Young’s servants. Of course, as a royal pain-in-the-arse that the Ice Princess had always been, Sica stubbornly complained that she did not want to be anyone’s slave at all. Besides, she looked way too pretty to be anyone’s slave. Nevertheless, Secretary Yoochun eventually convinced her—or forced her rather—to just go along with the plan.

 

              That night, Seohyun bid her parents goodbye for now and promised them that she would visit again soon since they were in the same city. Yonghwa also planned on going back there too, but for now, their security was more important than the marriage plans. After they thanked Sulli and Seohyun’s parents for their help, Minho, Yuri, Soo-Young, and the Water Tribe royals left to get to the Upper Ring. Onew also accompanied them to the monorail station.

              Upon boarding the Ba Sing Se first-class monorail (for Upper Ring citizens only), one of the guards stopped Sica and the other Water Tribe members. “For first class citizens only!”

              Soo-Young, who had finally mastered the art of sophisticated noble custom, raised her chin high and said to the guard, “Let them in. They are our servants.”

              “They look way too classless to be a noble’s servants,” mumbled the guard.

              “Why you little…!” Sica almost water bended from her water pouch after hearing the guard insult them, but Secretary Yoochun stopped her again. Yup, that’s how low they have turn out to be. They look even worse than the servants of nobles.

              “That’s because they are new to the job,” Soo-Young said as she classily tossed her hair.

              “Hey, are you going to let the ladies’ servants in or not?” Minho threateningly said to the guard. “Make haste! These ladies are guests of the King and Queen! As the royal guard assigned to them, I must make sure that they arrive as soon as possible!”

              Seeing that Minho was a royal guard and that the ladies seemed to be getting rather impatient, the guard eventually let them in.

              Then to demonstrate her authority, Soo-Young said to Sica, “You there, short one, fan for me. It’s getting hot in here.” Then Soo-Young look out a paper hand-fan for Sica to use.

              “Psst, Soo-Young aren’t you going overboard? They’re royalty!” Yuri whispered.

              Soo-Young just shrugged and said, “It’s just fanning. That’s not difficult for anyone to do, is it? I just want to look convincing. You should too.”  

              “Aish… Who are you calling a ‘short one’?!” Sica said in annoyance.

              Wanting to look “convincing” too, Yuri stomped her foot on the ground which caused a weak tremor. “Yah! Don’t talk back to your masters like that! Just shut up and do what she says if you know what’s good for you!”

              “Yeah, Eonni, just do what she says if you know what’s good for you,” Krystal whispered with a giggle.

              Giving up, Sica snatched the paper fan from Soo-Young’s hand and used it to serve her “master.” Then they boarded the monorail and crossed their fingers hoping that nothing stupid happens to them on the way to the Upper Ring. After all that they have been through and knowing that a bunch of crazies are planning on killing them, they just want some peace and quiet.

              Then while sitting together in their private monorail (arranged by Onew), Yuri sat beside Sica and whispered, “Your Highness, I am so sorry for yelling at you, so please don’t kill me!”

              “Yah, idiot, stop being friendly with the peasants!” Soo-Young said, still wanting to look convincing. It wasn’t every day that they get to boss around a bunch of royalties so why not.

              While they were riding the speeding monorail, Krystal suddenly saw a maroon bird from the window, trying so hard to catch up to them. “Hey, look at that cool looking bird!”

              At first glance, Seohyun immediately recognized it. “Isn’t that Taeyeon Eonni’s messenger hawk?”

              Seohyun quickly opened the monorail glass window, and the bird quickly flew in. However, something else completely threw them off guard.  Right there before them was a huge flying buffalo with fluffy white fur slowly descending closer to the window. At first they were all scared—especially Yonghwa since he has a history of animals trying to kill him. They thought this could be another one of those plots to destroy them. They had never seen anything quite like a huge flying beast before, so they were definitely stunned. However, when the beast was flying low enough, they saw a familiar friend sitting on top of its head.

              “Hi guys!” Taeyeon yelled with a huge smile spead across her face as she sat on top of the fluffy flying beast. Then she waved her arms from side to side and screamed, “I’m baaaaaaaaaack!!!!!!”


Author's Note

HI GUYS! Yeah, I know I haven't updated in like forever, coz I got really busy. Sorry :(

Anyway, there are just so many characters in this story that I won’t be surprised if you’re already very confused or that you forgot about some of them already. Also, let me just tell you that you won't understand much of the future chapters if you don't remember those little details I put in past chapters so just reread them if you get confused or forget something.

Here’s a review of all the characters that has appeared so far in the order that they were mentioned so that you can keep up with all of them. Some of them aren’t really important yet, but might become more prominent later on. Some characters will have more secrets come up in later chapters so hopefully you stay tuned.

Those marked with (MAIN) are considered part of the main cast.

Those marked with (recurring) are considered significant characters but are not part of the main cast.

Those marked with (extra) are considered insignificant characters.

CHAPTER 1

Kim Taeyeon (SNSD) – Avatar Taeyeon (MAIN)

Bu Li – Bully from Taeyeon’s town (extra)

Yunho (DBSK) (recurring) – Taeyeon’s family friend; strong fire bender; member of the annihilation group; annihilation group leader’s right hand man

Taeyeon’s father

Kim Jaejoong/Han Jaejun (DBSK) (MAIN) – Taeyeon’s non-bender brother; member of the annihilation group; assassin

Taeyeon’s mother (recurring)

The strange dragon (recurring)

CHAPTER 2

Sunny (SNSD) (MAIN) – Fire Nation Princess Sunny; Taeyeon’s fire bending teacher

Tiffany (SNSD)(MAIN) – Fire Nation Princess Fany; Sunny’s twin sister; Taeyeon’s best friend

Lee Soon-Jae (MAIN) – Firelord Soon-Jae; Father of Sunny and Fany; Taeyeon’s adoptive father; has a strange unknown past kept secret from everyone

Lee Sooman (recurring) – Firelord allegedly murdered by Crown Prince Eungsoo; Father of Firelord Soon-Jae; Grandfather of Sunny and Fany

Crown Prince Eungsoo (recurring)– Soon-Jae’s older brother; alleged murderer of Firelord Sooman (mentioned)

CHAPTER 4

Admiral Park Yongwoo (recurring)(mentioned) – Sunny’s fire bending teacher; Hyomin’s father; banished from the palace for teaching Sunny the rules of Agni-Kai; has a secret past with Firelord Soon-Jae

CHAPTER 5

Yuri (SNSD)(MAIN) – earth bender waitress at Xiah Dragon Noodles Restaurant in Ba Sing Se; wants to train under Queen Hyoyeon

Soo-Young (SNSD) (MAIN) – waitress at Xiah Dragon Noodles Restaurant in Ba Sing Se; Yuri’s friend

Hyoyeon (SNSD) (MAIN) – newly crowned Earth Queen; powerful earth bending master; Sunny and Fany’s childhood friend

Shindong (Super Junior)(extra) – a loyal Xiah Dragon Noodles customer before the restaurant moved to the Upper Ring; transports harvested vegetables to Ba Sing Se

Kyuhyun (Super Junior) (recurring) – a loyal Xiah Dragon Noodles customer before the restaurant moved to the Upper Ring; world traveller from the Water Tribe; Seohyun’s family friend; member of the annihilation group

Junsu (DBSK) (recurring) – owner of Xiah Dragon Noodles; Queen Hyoyeon’s older brother

Amber f(x) (recurring) – washes dishes at Xiah Dragon Noodles; became a trainee under Queen Hyoyeon; member of the annihilation group; secret spy

Kwangsoo (extra)– washes dishes at Xiah Dragon Noodles; Yuri’s fanboy

Key/Kibum (SHINee) (recurring)– chef at Xiah Dragon Noodles; Junsu and Hyoyeon’s younger brother

Jessica (SNSD) (MAIN)– Water Tribe Princess Sica; Sunny and Fany’s childhood friend; Taeyeon’s water bending teacher

Krystal f(x) (MAIN)– Water Tribe Princess; Sica’s little sister

Eunhyuk (Super Junior) (recurring)– newly crowned Earth King

CHAPTER 6

Minho (SHINee) (MAIN)– Soo-Young’s younger brother; Earth Kingdom Palace rookie guard

CHAPTER 7

Yonghwa (CNBLUE) (MAIN)– Sica and Krystal’s brother; Water Tribe Crown Prince; loves Seohyun very much

CHAPTER 8

Nichkhun (2PM) (recurring)– son of Fire Nation Left Royal Minister; Fany’s childhood friend

CHAPTER 9

Water Tribe King/Chief (recurring)– Sica, Yonghwa, and Krystal’s father

Minhyuk (CNBLUE) (recurring)– Yonghwa’s friend; Krystal’s favorite person to hang out with

Yoochun (DBSK) (MAIN) – Water Tribe Official Secretary/Bodyguard; experienced sailor; Kyuhyun’s childhood mentor

Seohyun (SNSD) (MAIN)– the Jung (Water Tribe) Royal Family’s childhood friend; Yonghwa’s ideal Crown Princess; one of the best healers in the North Pole; Taeyeon’s healing teacher

Ginger/Yoongbird (recurring)– Taeyeon’s messenger hawk given by Sunny and Fany

CHAPTER 10

Suho (EXO) (recurring) – Librarian in the North Pole; Seohyun’s close friend

Lay/Zhang Yixing (EXO)  (recurring) – healer in the North Pole clinic

Sergeant Keroro(extra)– Seohyun’s pet bullfrog

Changmin (DBSK) (recurring)– fire bender working at the North Pole clinic; member of the annihilation group; spy in the Northern Water Tribe

Jonghyun (CNBLUE) (extra) – Yonghwa’s friend

Jungshin (CNBLUE) (extra)– Yonghwa’s friend

CHAPTER 12

Leeteuk (Super Junior)(recurring) – Previous Earth Avatar appearing in Taeyeon’s dreams

CHAPTER 13

Hyomin (T-ARA) (recurring)– daughter of Sunny’s fire bending teacher; Sunny’s new apprentice

Eun-Hye – (extra)Hyomin’s sister

Min-Young(extra) – Hyomin’s sister; suspects Jaejun poisoned her father

CHAPTER 16

Yoona (SNSD) (MAIN)– air bender who ran away from being a monk; Taeyeon’s air bending teacher

Yoongsan (recurring)– Yoona’s sky bison

Annihilation Group Leader (MAIN)

Xiumin (EXO) (recurring)– a Water Tribe prince mentioned in the secret letter that Kyuhyun delivered from Changmin to the annihilation group leader

CHAPTER 17

Left Minister Heo (extra)– Nichkhun’s father; close friend of Firelord Soon-Jae

CHAPTER 18

Baekhyun (EXO) (extra) – rookie member of the annihilation group

Chanyeol (EXO) (extra)– nicknamed “Phoenix” because of powerful fire bending; rookie member of the annihilation group

Chen (EXO) (extra) – developed the lightning skill; rookie member of the annihilation group

Sehun (EXO) (extra)– Yoona’s childhood friend from the Southern Air Temple

Luhan (EXO)(recurring) – strange non-bender from the Southern Air Temple; Yoona’s childhood friend; can use telepathy; has power to see the future; can exorcise spirits

Yunho’s mother (extra)– the town midwife

Avatar Wan (extra)– the very first Avatar (mentioned)

Great Spirit Raava (extra)– the spirit within the Avatar (mentioned)

CHAPTER 19

Lee Seunggi (recurring) – Yoona’s dream man; far relative of the Fire Nation Royal Family

Victoria f(x) (extra)– Head Monk Song Qian of the Western Air Temple

CHAPTER 20

Hangeng (Super Junior)(extra) – Pirate Leader; has a debt to Yifan

Kangin (Super Junior) (extra)– Strong Pirate

Ryeowook (Super Junior) (extra)– Small Flower Boy Pirate

Heechul (Super Junior)(extra) – Weirdo Pirate with a gray cat

Sungmin (Super Junior)(extra) – Cute Pirate

Yesung (Super Junior)(extra) – Pirate with a turtle

Kris (EXO)(recurring) – Wu Yifan; fire bender hanging around Earth Kingdom taverns; member of the annihilation group; leader of annihilation group Earth Kingdom division

Tao (EXO)(recurring) – assassin under Yifan; member of the annihilation group

Donghae (Super Junior)(extra) – kind farmer guy

CHAPTER 21

Seohyun's parents (recurring)

Sulli f(x)(extra) – Minho’s friend; healer at a Lower Ring clinic

Onew (SHINee)(extra) – wall guard; Minho’s friend


ANY QUESTIONS? COMMENT OR MESSAGE ME AND I'LL TRY TO ANSWER THEM.

I'M NOT GIVING SPOILERS THOUGH