Soul Searching

[HIATUS] Avatar: The Legend of Taeyeon

訓練
 
BOOK TWO:
TRAINING
 
CHAPTER FOURTEEN:
Soul Searching
 

            With a pounding head and an aching body, Taeyeon’s eyes slowly fluttered open. Pain surged through her body like a lightning bolt, causing her to groan and scrunch up her face as she lay there.

            “Taeyeon, you’re awake!” She could hear Sica making a fuss but her sight was too blurred to actually see anything.

After a while, Taeyeon’s sight became clearer. She could now see Sica’s worried face staring down at her. “Sica?”

            Upon hearing Taeyeon say her name, Sica immediately threw her arms around Taeyeon’s neck and cried, “I thought you would never wake up again!”

            Taeyeon sat up. She then looked around and realized that she was not in the palace any more. Instead, she is in the clinic where Seohyun works. Did her cold get that worse that she had to be taken to the hospital? Her head still ached, but at least now the vertigo was gone. Her sinuses were clear too. It seems she has gotten so much better.

Then she noticed that Yonghwa lay on the bed beside her and on the next one lay Seohyun with a patched up arm. Yonghwa was already half-awake, but Seohyun’s eyes were still closed. “What happened to YongSeo?” Taeyeon asked.

“Don’t you remember? You made a big fuss over Seohyun’s safety a few days ago and saved her from wild polar bear dogs. Then you left the bleeding girl and tried to save Yonghwa by jumping in the cold arctic sea—which, by the way, is the stupidest thing ever since you were still burning up with a fever at that time. Obviously you weren’t able to save Yonghwa because I had to water bend you both out of the water while you were both unconscious. I really thought that the three of you were done for! If I hadn’t come, Seohyun could have died from bleeding and you and Yonghwa could have drowned!”

“Wait…what?” Taeyeon stopped Sica for a second. Sica was talking too fast and too much that Taeyeon had a little trouble of taking it all in. “When did all that happen?”

“You don’t remember anything?” Sica blinked at Taeyeon.

“All I remember is taking a break from water bending training and going to sleep at the palace…”

“Look, you even predicted that Seohyun will be in danger and all that weird stuff but you don’t even remember any of it? You’re really weird,” Sica finally blurted.

“Are you sure I was awake? I might have just sleepwalked the entire time. I mean, I’m known for doing a lot of strange things when I sleep in distress and I don’t really remember anything out of those sleepwalking and sleep talking episodes.”

“Well if it is just sleepwalking, I’d say that that was one hell of a sleepwalking episode. It was too crazy for sleepwalking, that’s for sure. My gosh, you’re such a strange one.”

            Suddenly, soft moans could be heard from Seohyun as she too was waking up from her injury. Sica quickly rushed to her side and did the same thing she did to Taeyeon. “Seohyun, are you okay?”

            “W-where’s Prince Yong…?” she mumbled.

            “He’s fine. He’s over there on the bed beside you. Just continue resting, okay? Your shoulder has not fully healed yet. Lay will come later to give you another healing session so don’t move or worry too much.”

            “Wow, Sica is really being a caring princess right now,” Taeyeon thought. “Who knew that this Ice Princess had such a warm heart?”

            “What about Taeyeon Eonni?” Seohyun asked after taking a couple of deep breaths.

            “She’s already a lot better. In fact, she can leave the clinic later if she wants to,” Sica replied.

            “That’s a relief,” Seohyun sighed.

            “Hello Hyun,” Yonghwa breathed, almost like a whisper. “Sorry I couldn’t protect you. I’m such a terrible prince.”

            “Prince Yonghwa, I’m just glad you’re alive. If you drowned, I will never be able to forgive myself,” Seohyun sobbed. “It was my entire fault for being so stubborn about looking for Sergeant Keroro…”

            “Gosh, you lovebirds, stop being cheesy right now.” Sica rolled her eyes in annoyance. “If it’s anyone’s fault, it’s totally Krystal’s. She was the stupid kid who took the polar bear puppy and caused the parents’ irrational behavior anyway.”

            Both Seohyun and Yonghwa blushed in embarrassment. Sica just called them cheesy lovebirds. Why wouldn’t they be embarrassed by that when they were just friends? Gosh, just get married already, Taeyeon thought with a chuckle.

 

            The next day, they were all finally discharged from the clinic. Seohyun, however, still had to go back to the hospital a few more times to have therapy on her injured shoulder. Since her arm was still weak, she stopped doing all her odd jobs for a while. Good thing she has the Avatar Eonni to take care of her and a loving Prince who comes to visit her often to entertain her boring life of being a cripple. Over time, the Yonghwa and Seohyun got closer, but he was still unable to propose to her.

            Although the bullfrog was still missing, Seohyun was doing well at getting by. She promised herself never to look for Sergeant Keroro out in the glaciers again, especially after all the trouble Yonghwa, Taeyeon, and Sica went through. Forgetting about the frog seems best for now. Besides, Yonghwa was trying too hard to cheer her up. She might as well at least give him the impression that his efforts are working.

            During the nights that Taeyeon was not able to sleep properly, Seohyun used her healing abilities to relax Taeyeon’s mind, especially when she’s having nightmares. Seohyun had to do this more often, mostly because Taeyeon’s sleep talking was beginning to scare her. Mumbles of someone’s death and cries of pain echoed through the nights following the glacier incident. Nevertheless, Seohyun never said anything about it to the Avatar since Taeyeon does not really have any idea of what she says in the middle of the night. Seohyun would rather not talk to her about that horror either. All she can do was hope and pray that nothing terrible happens in the future.

            To make sure that the Avatar was prepared for future trouble—partly because she was still haunted by what Taeyeon says in her sleep, Seohyun forced Taeyeon to study healing and basics of human anatomy. Sica cannot really teach her those things because she wasn’t much of a healer, so Seohyun had the privilege to be her healing mentor. Taeyeon still had a lot to learn, but now she can at least heal simple cuts, scratches, and bruises. So far, things were going well.

One month later, spring finally turned into summer. It has been two years since she met Fany in Ember Island, one year since she found out that she was the Avatar, and five months since she left the Fire Nation for her Avatar training. Her water bending has improved greatly too. Although her performance was characterized by a great skill in water manipulation, today, Taeyeon was a bit distracted. Sica does not tolerate bad concentration though.

            “Hey Kim Taeyeon, focus or I’ll make you catch a hundred fish and cook all of it!” Sica snarled. “Water bending needs focused control of motion and flow…”

            “Yes, yes, I know that.” Then Taeyeon quickly formed a ring of water and froze it into sharp icicles which she forcefully shot past her water bending teacher. She made the deadly attack miss Sica on purpose.

            “Your control has greatly improved,” Sica complimented after almost getting shot by an icicle on the head. “And your aim also greatly improved. I can see that you’ve been practicing well. You just need to work on full concentration. You can’t do anything well if half of your brain is focused on something else.”

            Taeyeon sighed and sat down on one of the ice blocks. “Can we take a break for now?”

            Worried Sica sat down beside her and sighed too. “What’s been bothering you lately? Usually you joke about the stupid new fire-ice techniques you come up with.”

            “A lot of things,” Taeyeon vaguely replied. "I just try to supress them most of the time since I can't find any answers to any of my questions about life."

            “Like what?” Sica raised an eyebrow.

            “Let’s just take a walk. I feel like doing something fun to keep my mind off of things.”

            Ever since the incident at the dangerous glaciers, she kept having dreams and nightmares about Jaejoong, the night of the eruption, and her mother again. It seems that her high fever triggered the recurring dreams. In addition to that, there was this new silhouette of a man that would show up every once in a while, but she has absolutely no idea who he is. She sleep-talks more often too, but thankfully, she didn’t sleepwalk again for a while. Sometimes, when she can’t sleep, Seohyun would offer her some sweet potatoes, and they’ll talk until they got tired. On other times, Taeyeon would just go out by the waterfall and practice her water bending. Doing that helps her reflect on things. Maybe the dreams could mean something, so she even wrote to Sunny and Fany about it. As expected, the Fire Nation twins never had any decent interpretation, but at least their letters gave her comfort during the times when she misses her sisters.

            While she was walking out by the ports with lazy Sica that afternoon, a strange croak followed by a flopping sound disrupted her thoughts. Then, there it was before her—the troublesome bullfrog that almost got Seohyun, Yonghwa and Taeyeon killed just looking for it out in the dangerous glaciers. That bullfrog had been missing for about a month now. All this time, it was just hopping about in the city.

            “Huh? Sergeant Keroro? You’ve been here all this time?” Taeyeon said, as if the frog could understand her. Then she picked up the chubby green creature and took a good look at it. “Gosh, stupid frog! Where the hell have you been during these long weeks? You have no idea how much trouble you caused!”

“Seohyun should totally put you on a leash or a cage or something,” Sica rolled her eyes and crossed her arms coldly.

            Just as Taeyeon was reprimanding the clueless bullfrog like a middle-aged mother, it suddenly squirmed out of her grip.

            “Hey Sergeant Keroro wait!” Taeyeon said as she ran after the frog.

            Sica also picked up her usually slow pace to join the chase. “That stupid thing should really be on a leash! Or better, a straightjacket!”

            The frog hopped away until it was nowhere to be found again.

            “I am sick and tired of that frog’s games,” Taeyeon complained.

            “It couldn’t have gone far,” Sica assured her. “Now that we know it’s in the city, we can’t lose it this time.”

            Then, they saw the librarian Suho heading for the library after eating his early lunch. He greeted then with a quick bow and headed into the library to continue whatever he does as a librarian.

            “Oh, right! Seohyun borrowed a bunch of books about Avatars from Suho but I never really opened it the whole time I was with her,” Taeyeon remembered. “Maybe I could learn something from reading books! Gosh, how could I be so stupid?”

            Sica was suddenly thrown off by the sudden change of subject. “What does that have to do with the frog?”

            “Nothing, but it has something to do with me. Let’s go.”

            Taeyeon and Sica immediately headed into the library and talked to Suho. “I need books about Avatars. Anything would do!”

***

            “Seohyun!” called out a deep voice. Soon, the man was inside her living room and greeted her with a bright smile.

            “Kyuhyun Oppa, what brings you here?” Seohyun greeted.

            Yonghwa sulked in his corner and gave a half-hearted smile as he continued playing his guitar. He still doesn’t appreciate Kyuhyun’s presence at all.

            “I’m just here to tell you about my departure,” he replied with a wry smile.

            “You’re leaving already?” Seohyun frowned. Yonghwa slightly smiled and began plucking a brighter song using a major scale.

            Kyuhyun laughed for a bit and ruffled Seohyun’s hair. “Do you miss me already? Don’t worry. I won’t be leaving yet, especially since your birthday is next week. I think I’ll leave approximately three weeks from now.”

            “Where are you going then?” His destinations always sparked Seohyun’s interest.

            “Faraway, I hope,” Yonghwa mumbled. Nobody heard him.

            “I’m not sure. But I talked with Changmin Hyung the other day and he said that he has some letters to send to his family back in the Fire Nation. I might just stop there for a while before heading to the Earth Kingdom again. You can come with me if you want. You haven’t seen your parents in five years.”

            Yonghwa raised an eyebrow. “You can come with me if you want”? Oh no. Please no.

            “I do miss my parents but I’m not sure. I feel like I need to stay here,” Seohyun replied. Yonghwa sighed in relief.

            “Think about it, okay? I’m sure they’d love to see you too.”

            “Yes, Oppa, I will.”

***

            “So, it says here that the Avatar is also the bridge to the Spirit World,” Sica said as she flipped through some dusty books with Taeyeon in the library.

            “Where the heck is the Spirit World?” Taeyeon asked her.

            “How should I know? I’m not the Avatar.”

            “Isn’t it written in that book?”

            Sica lazily flipped more pages and eventually found more useful information. “Okay, it says that the Spirit World is a parallel world where spirits reside. The Avatar can enter the Spirit World by his own will and converse with spirits.”

            “Really? How? Maybe I can ask spirits for help on how to become a better Avatar,” Taeyeon curiously asked.

            “How should I know? I’m not the Avatar,” Sica repeated.

            “Wait, what is it even like in the Spirit World?” Taeyeon scratched her head.

            “How in the world should I know?!” Sica slammed the book on the table. “I’m a water bending teacher, not an Avatar teacher!”

            “Sorry, I’m just asking. I don’t know anything about these things either.”

            Noticing that these two ladies probably need some help, Suho approached them and kindly gave them a suggestion saying, “Avatar Taeyeon, from what I have read, the Avatar is able to seek help from the spirits of past lives. The knowledge and wisdom of the previous Avatars should be available to you if communicate with them.”

            “I can do that? That would be totally awesome! I’ve always wanted to talk to my past lives,” Taeyeon’s eyes suddenly sparkled. “Wait, how am I supposed to do that?”

            Sica slammed a palm to her forehead. “You’re the Avatar, Taeng! Don’t ask us!”

            “It’s not like I was born knowing all of these things already!” Taeyeon retaliated.

            Suho thought for a second, sat beside Taeyeon around the library table, and began flipping through some books. If anyone knew books and contents it should be the librarian.

            “I know I’ve read it somewhere that if you look inward and meditate on…,” Suho began talking but Taeyeon and Sica barely understood his complicated language.

            “Gosh, nerd, speak intelligibly please,” said Sica.

            “Why not try meditating?” Suho suggested.

            In obedience to Suho’s suggestion, Sica and Taeyeon visited a priest for some “spiritual advice.” Both of them really had no idea what to expect. They were surprised at how boring it was. The old, clueless priest just sprinkled some water at their faces and mumbled a bunch of undecipherable words until he finally exclaimed, “Oh, dear, you’re the Avatar!”

            Sica groaned. “Tell us something we don’t know.”

            “How can I talk to my past lives?” Taeyeon asked. Maybe the priest would know.

            The priest swirled a thin ribbon of water around the Avatar and began uttering strange chants again. Sica and Taeyeon just looked at each other in the midst of the awkwardness.

After a while of listening to unintelligible nonsense, Sica finally yelled disrespectfully, “Can you help us or not?!”

The priest slowly opened his eyes and replied, “Only the Avatar can talk to her own past lives. As a lowly priest, I cannot be of any help in the matter.”

Sica finally stood up and grabbed Taeyeon by the arm. “Let’s go. This is a waste of time.”

***

            When Yonghwa got home, he was greeted by the all-around man, Secretary Yoochun. Noticing that the Prince wasn’t in a very good mood, the secretary asked him, “What is the matter, Prince Yonghwa? Did you not enjoy your time with Miss Seohyun?”

            “Stupid Kyuhyun was around to offer her joyrides to the Earth Kingdom. How am I supposed to propose to her if she is actually considering on going to the Earth Kingdom to see her family? Ugh, I hate my life.”

            “Then you better speed up and make the move first before she even makes the final decision,” Yoochun suggested. “From what I have heard, her birthday is coming in a few days. What do you plan on doing to make that day special?”

            “I’ve been writing this song for her and I plan on singing it on her birthday,” Yonghwa replied.

            “May I hear it?”

            Yonghwa palm muted the strings as he gently strummed his guitar. Then he began to sing the first verse of the song,

When I see you, my face turns red. When I see you, my heart goes ‘dugeun-dugeun.’ Like a child, I shyly talk to you.”

(Love Light -CNBlue)

 He paused his singing for a while but continued playing his guitar, trying to find the right words. Then he continued singing,

“When I look at you, I smile for no reason, like a fool, I just keep doing that. Yeah I think love just came to me…Okay, that’s all I got for now.

            “Oh my gosh, Prince Yonghwa, I will gladly marry you if you just propose to me right now!” Yoochun said in a high-pitched mocking voice, pretending to be Seohyun.

            “Shut up.”

            “Seriously though, I do think that singing to her would be a brilliant idea. Throw in the rest of your scallywag of a band and it will all be perfect!”

            “Hey, my band mates are not scallywags!”

            As they discussed the song and how the lyrics should come out, they were distracted by a deep loud croak that echoed in the palace. “What was that?”

            Krystal, who happened to be coming home from hanging out with her brother’s drummer friend Minhyuk, also heard the croak echo through the halls. “Isn’t that the sound of a bullfrog?”

            Princess Krystal, Minhyuk, Prince Yonghwa, and Secretary Yoochun all headed to the direction of where the sound was coming from. When they all finally spotted Sergeant Keroro hopping into the palace, they all chased it.

            “Minhyuk, I thought you saw that frog out in the glaciers!” Yonghwa yelled at him as they all ran after the bullfrog.

            “I told you maybe it was just my imagination! You didn’t have to believe everything I say!” Minhyuk defended himself.

            “Oppas, now isn’t the time to argue! At least we now know where the frog is!” Krystal exclaimed in happiness.

            After the run, they all stopped at a dead end. Before them was small, circular, wooden door.

            “Wait, isn’t this the door to the Spirit Oasis?” Krystal panted.

            “Yes, it is,” Yoochun confirmed.

            “What’s the Spirit Oasis?” Minhyuk asked.

            “Everyone, stay quiet. We shall enter the Spirit Oasis at this moment,” Secretary Yoochun announced with great authority. He almost sounded like a king.

            Secretary Yoochun flicked the lock and the door slowly creaked open. All of them stepped inside the enclosed cove. Surprisingly, the ground was filled with fresh green grass, and the air was comfortably warm amidst the surrounding ice walls. Its tranquil atmosphere soothed their souls. In the middle or the secluded area was a small pond with two fish continuously circling each other. Up past the grass was a tall waterfall. The group looked around in awe. There isn’t any place like it anywhere in the North Pole.

            Suddenly, they heard the frog croak again. The frog was sitting comfortably on the grass. It seems to be enjoying the warmth of the Spirit Oasis.

            “Oh, so this is where you have been staying all this time,” Krystal realized. “No wonder you have been leaving Seohyun’s Eonni’s house all the time. You wanted to stay here where it’s warm.”

***

            That night after not learning anything significant, Taeyeon couldn’t sleep again. She just decided to read some of the books that they borrowed from the library, hoping to seek enlightenment on how to become a better Avatar. Seohyun couldn’t sleep either since her parents occupied her thoughts even though she tried not to think about them too much.

As they were flipping through pages, Taeyeon saw a portrait of an earth bender. He had focused eyes that showed a strong resolute purpose. Most importantly, he looked very familiar. Taeyeon just had the strangest feeling that she has met him before.

            “Oh hey, it’s Avatar Leeteuk!” Seohyun exclaimed as they read through dim candlelight.

            “Avatar Leeteuk?” Taeyeon echoed.

            “Yes, he’s the Avatar before you. I’ve read of him once. He was a mischievous Avatar as a kid. Some of his adventures were pretty funny,” Seohyun explained.

            “Did he accomplish anything great during his time as the Avatar?”

            “He was a very peaceful Avatar. Nothing extremely terrible really happened during his time,” Seohyun replied. “Hopefully nothing bad happens to you too, Eonni.”

            They both know that there is a sense of foreboding when it comes to future matters. I’m not sure, but I really hope nothing terrible happens, Seohyun thought as she remembered Taeyeon’s sleep talks. Something bad already happened. My mother died. I already lost my family, Taeyeon thought. Both parties just kept those terrible thoughts to themselves though. For now, the world seems to be peaceful. Let’s all stay positive for now.

            As Taeyeon continued flipping through pages, she came across drawings of high temples up on the peaks of mountain ranges. There she saw a painting of Avatar Leeteuk meditating with some bald monks. She then read the inscriptions on the previous page describing Avatar Leeteuk’s training.

            “It says here that Avatar Leeteuk had trouble with air bending so he sought spiritual help and eventually mastered it,” Taeyeon told Seohyun. “I guess even the previous Avatar had some trouble during training too. Sica and I read from the library that the Avatar had the ability to talk to past lives. I’m still wondering how to do it though. It would be great if I talked to Avatar Leeteuk and get his advice on Avatar life.”

            “That probably won’t be too hard for you to figure out. Your past lives are a part of you anyway,” Seohyun said nonchalantly.

***

            The next day when Yonghwa arrived at Seohyun’s house for his daily visit that morning, he brought Sica along. It seems Sica also did a bit of research on her own and is excited to tell Taeyeon all about it.

            “I know how you can talk to your past lives now!” Sica squealed in excitement.

            “Are you sure it will work this time?” After all the trouble with the priest, Taeyeon began to doubt Sica’s wisdom. Sica did say it herself that she doesn’t know anything.

            “Well if it doesn’t work, it will be your problem now. Let’s go to the palace!”

            After Yonghwa and the others discovered Sergeant Keroro’s hiding place, Krystal told her sister all about it. Of course! If there was any place where Taeyeon could possibly connect with spirits, it will be at the cove where all of the North Pole’s spiritual energy is concentrated: The Spirit Oasis!

            As soon as Taeyeon took a step on the holy grounds, her jaw dropped in awe. Then she danced and twirled around in the warm, peaceful cove and exclaimed, “Wow, I never thought I’d miss grass this much!”

            “Hey stop that. This is supposed to be a place for solemnity,” Sica rebuked her. Then she proceeded to explain, “This is the holiest place in all of North Pole. Those two fish swimming in circles in the pond are the Sun and Moon spirits in their mortal form. The spirits blessed the area and formed a special oasis for them to live in.”

            As they talked, a loud croak was heard from near the pond, startling Taeyeon. “What the heck? Isn’t that Sergeant Keroro?”

 

            “Apparently all this time that frog had been thriving here in the oasis. It makes sense because it’s really warm here. If it wasn’t for that frog, I wouldn’t have thought of this place, so I guess, thank you, Sergeant Keroro,” Sica hesitantly thanked the frog. Then she turned back to the Avatar and said, “Well, what are you waiting for? Start connecting with your past lives already.”

            “How should I do that?” Taeyeon scratched her head again.

            Sica rolled her eyes and stomped her foot on the soft grass. “How should I know that?! I’m just here to provide the venue for your meeting!”

            “Okay, I’ll try meditating or something,” Taeyeon said as she sat down on the grass. “How do you even meditate? Should I cross my legs? Should I kneel? I honestly have never done this before.”

            “Try crossing your legs,” Sica suggested. “I think that’s how the air monks do it.”

            So then Taeyeon sat on the grass with crossed legs and closed her eyes. After a while, Sica waved her hands over Taeyeon’s face to check if she could see anything. Then she asked Taeyeon, “So, is it working?”

            Taeyeon opened her eyes and saw Sica staring right at her face. “Maybe I’m doing it wrong. Do I have to say some words like ‘ooommmm’ or ‘paaassssst liiiiiifffffffee’ while I do it?”

            “You might as well exhaust your ideas while you’re here. Try clearing your head or taking deep breaths.”

            Taeyeon closed her eyes again and tried to meditate. Suddenly, she felt a sharp, shooting pain right in her temples. In a flash, she saw the same silhouette of a man that she had been seeing in her dreams, followed by the huge dragon heading toward her.

When she opened her eyes, she saw Sica staring right at her face again. “Taeyeon, are you okay? Your face is all scrunched up.”

            “I saw something,” Taeyeon whispered.

            “What did you see?”

            “I think it was Avatar Leeteuk.”

            “So, did you talk to him or not?”

            “No, the dragon just appeared again.”

            Sica looked at her oddly and asked, “What dragon?”

 

            Later, Taeyeon and Sica just wasted long boring hours at the library without finding anything new. There weren’t that many records about Avatar Leeteuk’s life in the North Pole library. They did find out, however, that Avatar Leeteuk once saved someone in the glaciers of the arctic tundra during his travels in the North Pole. They also found out that he once witnessed a volcanic eruption in the Fire Nation and helped save some villages. Although those experiences had some similarities with Taeyeon’s, that information really did not help her much.

That night, Taeyeon started dreaming again. In the darkness she could see the silhouette of Avatar Leeteuk. Now I know who you are, Avatar Leeteuk, Taeyeon thought. You’ve been appearing in my dreams all along. Without wasting another chance, she approached him and tried her best to converse with the Avatar.

            “Hello, Avatar Leeteuk?” Taeyeon called out to him. He didn’t answer. Instead, he just laughed and walked farther away.

            “I was wondering maybe you could teach me to become a better Avatar?”

            Laughter echoed once more. All of a sudden a huge dragon appeared out of nowhere and breathed fire all over the scene, waking Taeyeon up from her dream.

            “Why does that dragon keep appearing to me?!”


 

BONUS SCENE FROM AVATAENG'S TRAINING SESSIONS: Water Monster from Hell

(I actually revised this chapter so many times. I didn't want to get rid of this part, but I had no idea how to introduce it. And so, the bonus scene was born!)

Taeyeon froze a pointed icicle and shot it into the air with a swirling fire. With a clench of her fists, the icicle exploded in the air, forming glittering crystals like fireworks in the sky.

“Ha! How’d you like that, Sica? Only the Avatar could possibly do something like that!” Taeyeon proudly said. “I've been practicing a lot. I have other new fire-ice tricks too. You wanna see them?”

Sica just rolled her eyes at Taeyeon and sat back on the palace steps. “Yes, yes we all know that you’re the Avatar so stop gloating and go back to practicing the octopus move that I taught you.”

“I even made my own version of that water octopus. It’s called the ‘Water Monster from Hell!’” With that being said, Taeyeon made a tentacle-shaped protective fence out of the water and then formed a surrounding dome of fire around herself. Now she looks like an octopus with water tentacles and a flame body. “Ha! I’m unstoppable!”

“More like too stationary,” Sica corrected her. Then she formed a huge powerful wave and slammed it on the “Water Monster from Hell.” The flames were immediately extinguished. Taeyeon was not able to avoid the attack since she was surrounded by her own defenses.

 “Perfect technique is great but if you use it poorly, you’ll still be outsmarted easily.”