Hopes and Wishes

[HIATUS] Avatar: The Legend of Taeyeon

訓練
 
BOOK TWO:
TRAINING
 
CHAPTER ELEVEN:
Hopes and Wishes
 

            “Yoochun Oppa,” Krystal said as she paced back and forth in her royal quarters. “You’re helping out my brother with his marriage too, right?”

            “I believe I have partial responsibility over the success of the future Crown of our Watertribe Kingdom,” the secretary nodded.

            “Yeah, well here’s the thing: I’m not exactly sure about how my brother can capture Seohyun Eonni’s heart. She’s smart, pretty, caring, kind, talented, and what not—probably too perfect for Yonghwa Oppa. Gosh, why’d he have to be in love with such a goddess?”

            “I most certainly agree. However, I do not think that love is entirely about their opposite characters. Love, I believe, can transcend even time and space,” Yoochun thoughtfully spoke as if he had great experiences about this topic. “Though Miss Seohyun may not have any interest in the opposite gender as of yet, she is capable of love that will last more than a lifetime with her caring heart and gentle spirit.”

            “Wow, that’s deep…,” Krystal said as she tried to grasp what the secretary just said. She doesn’t really understand most of it; she just liked how eloquently he said it. She was just a kid anyway. “You’re really smart. Maybe you should become King.”

            “I’m afraid I am not in a position to become a king in this lifetime. Maybe in the next,” he said with a wink. “What about my suggestion of watching the meteor shower? The King says that there will be a star-gazing party tomorrow night for it. Everyone can come and watch out in the open arctic tundra. Shim Changmin from the clinic already volunteered to provide a bonfire for warmth at the event.”

            After a short thoughtful silence, Krystal suddenly had an idea. “Oh, right! Avatar Eonni! She can help us!”

***

            Seohyun was just heading home from visiting the library. “Today was such a fun day,” she thought with a bright smile spread over her adorable cheeks. Earlier, Taeyeon tried looking for Sergeant Keroro again but had no luck. Seohyun was satisfied with the Avatar’s effort though. She knows that Avatar Taeyeon was just a beginner in being the balance keeper of the world so she really did not expect too much from her. All she sees when she looks at Taeyeon is a clueless little eonni. Maybe she needs to read more informative books to give Taeyeon some useful insight. That was why she had to spend some time browsing books and scrolls with the knowledgeable Suho. She always admired Suho for being such a responsible young man at such a young age. “If everyone would just put an effort to be more like him, the world would be a better place,” she thought. Nevertheless, she still liked everyone for their true personalities. Not everyone can be Suho, obviously. She always believed that each person has a lovable quality of their own, even if it is not easily visible in plain view. Princess Sica, for example, is actually very nice, warm, caring, and logical under that thick façade of cold, lifeless ice. Seohyun just wishes that more people would understand the Ice Princess more, especially Avatar Taeyeon. Quarrels can get out of hand, but there should always be room for forgiveness. As Seohyun reflects on her train of thought, she finally reached home sweet home.

            “Hi Taeyeon Eonni,” Seohyun cheerfully waved at Taeyeon, who was busy cooking dinner in the huge pot.

Using her fire bending, Taeyeon made the fire grew stronger and then waited for the soup to boil. Then she turned around to see Seohyun carrying a bunch of books and scrolls in her arms. Taeyeon immediately helped her carry some of it and placed it on a small wooden table in their tiny living room space.

“What is all this?” Taeyeon asked as she sat on the fur-skin carpet.

“Let me see. I got books about previous Avatars, water bending scrolls, leadership-training titles, health books…,” Seohyun enumerated them all.

“This is a lot for one library trip,” Taeyeon said as she ran her fingers at some of them.

“Yeah, well, there are a lot of interesting reads and useful books so I can’t exactly just make up my mind to choose just one material. Suho kindly let me borrow as much as I wanted since he knows how much I love books. Anyway, the illustrated water-bending scolls are for you, Eonni. I’m sure that these will help you a lot with your water bending practice.”

Taeyeon took one of the water-bending scrolls and admired the nicely drawn diagrams of special water bending moves, forms, and techniques. “Wow, these forms look really doable.”

“They’re great, right?” Seohyun’s eyes twinkled. “I learned water bending from those scrolls too. Of course, Princess Sica’s own style is far more superior to anything learned from simple scrolls, but it helped me a lot in everyday life even though I’m not the best water bender in the North Pole.”

“Oh yeah, about Sica,” Taeyeon began. Seohyun did not expect her to suddenly talk about Sica openly. For the past few days, Taeyeon had been trying to avoid that topic with her. Seohyun lent her ears. Then Taeyeon continued, “I think I should probably go back and train with her again.”

“Really?!” Seohyun couldn’t hide the happiness and excitement in her voice.

“I’ve been thinking about what you have been telling me for the past few days—about giving Sica another chance and trying to see past her cold personality. You were right. I should really go back over there and be more submissive to my water bending master, even when I think she’s being unreasonable.”

“Aw, Eonni, I’m really proud of you for finally making the right choice,” Seohyun said as she patted Taeyeon’s back. “Remember, always forgive and hold no grudges. Grudges will hold you down.”

“Yes, mom, I understand,” Taeyeon teased with a giggle. Seohyun really sounded like a mother sometimes.

Seohyun breathed a sigh and looked down on the books before her. Taeyeon did not expect to respond so gloomily to a simple joke. Then Seohyun spoke up. “My mom used to teach me all those things that I told you. Now I miss her.”

“Oh, I’m sorry,” Taeyeon suddenly felt empathic. If anyone knew what it feels to miss a mother, it would be her. Then she asked Seohyun, “What happened to your parents anyway?”

Seohyun’s face suddenly lit up again and answered Taeyeon with a wry smile, “They went to the Earth Kingdom to work as doctors. They are out there helping out the sick and the poor. To me, they are real heroes. But I do miss them a lot. I haven’t seen them in five long years. When they left, I stayed with the Royal Jung Family and they took really good care of me. Then about a year ago I decided to move out of the palace and do some work for myself. In the future, I want to become just like my parents and help the people.”

   

            The next day, Taeyeon got ready to pack her bags and head back to the palace. Seohyun let her borrow some of the informative scrolls and books so that Taeyeon can study on her own when Sica starts dozing off again. When everything was set and done, she headed out and bid the young Seohyun farewell. It was hard for Taeyeon to believe that she learn so many life lessons from such a child in just a few days. Like she promised, she will definitely look for Sergeant Keroro again later. Finding Seohyun’s lost bullfrog was the only way she knew how to thank the kid for all the advice and comfort she received when she stayed in her home.

            As Taeyeon headed to the High Water Tribe Temple, called the Frozen Palace by most people, she saw Krystal running down the path straight toward her. When they finally met, Krystal was panting for air.

            “Avatar Eonni, what’s up with all your bags packed?” Krystal asked when she noticed Taeyeon carrying all of her luggage.

            “I’m heading back to the palace so I can continue my training with your sister,” replied Taeyeon.

            “You mean you’re not staying with Seohyun Eonni anymore?” Krystal was a little wide-eyed when she heard Taeyeon’s reply. She did not expect Taeyeon to come back to the palace so soon.

“Yes. After reflecting on some things, I figured…,” Taeyeon tried to explain.

“No!” Krystal interrupted her. “Don’t go back to the palace yet!”

“Why?” Here’s confusion at its best. Taeyeon thought Krystal of all people would be glad to have her back.

“This is important. It has something to do with politics—sort of. Come with me and let’s talk somewhere more private.”

After they turned to a few corners and some backstreets and some hidden alleys, Krystal stopped and talked to the confused, clueless Taeyeon. “I need you to help me with my brother Yonghwa.”

“Does this have something to do with all the ‘secret stuff’ you’ve been doing with your brother?” Taeyeon crossed her arms and glared down at Krystal.

“Here’s what’s happening: Yong Oppa needs to be married to a potential Crown Princess to secure his right to the throne as a royal custom. Now, we don’t want him to become even more of a laughingstock to the entire Water Tribe. He can’t just marry any loser out in the streets or he’ll become even more of a loser. Secretary Yoochun’s plan was this: Have Seohyun Eonni become the Crown Princess. No one else could be more fitting to be Crown Princess but her. She’s smart, wise, kind, caring, talented—well you get the idea. Yonghwa Oppa, however, doesn’t want to force her into this big responsibility. Plus, she might not have any feelings for Yong Oppa at all, and he doesn’t want force her into marriage either.”

“So, what do I have to do with all of this?” Taeyeon tilted her head and raised an eyebrow.

“I want you to stay with Seohyun Eonni for just a little longer and sort of get her thoughts on the subject matter. And if possible, we can get her and Yong Oppa to have a little time together for them to get closer.”

“Wait, so let me get this all straight,” Taeyeon rubbed her chin in deep thought. “You want me to be a matchmaker?” This is ridiculous, she thought. Besides, to Taeyeon, Seohyun was a lot like a younger sister. If anything, she felt a tad responsible for protecting Seohyun from anything that might be bad for her.

“Well, Avatar Eonni, are you in it or not?”

“Okay, I’ll get her thoughts on it. But if I sense that she doesn’t want to have any part of it, I will definitely side with her.” And with that, Taeyeon left to go water bending training by herself while thinking things through.

“Oh, and one more thing,” said Krystal as Taeyeon was about to leave. “Make sure Seohyun Eonni comes to the meteor shower star-gazing party. It will be fun."

 

            That afternoon, as Krystal was constantly pacing and pondering in her room, Secretary Yoochun called her and her two siblings out to the front steps of the small palace by King’s orders. She wondered why they have to be called, but when she reached the outer steps of the palace, she already figured it out. A visitor is here.

            Sica and Yonghwa both had a displeased look on their faces. Yonghwa barely said a word while Sica was constantly rolling her eyes. Now this is a possible problem. Right before them was none other than Cho Kyuhyun, the guy that Yonghwa despised the most. Now, Kyuhyun never did anything wrong. In fact, he was one of the nicest people anyone could ever meet. A lot of people say that he was fun to have around. He is basically a cosmopolitan; he travels all over the world in search of adventure and knows a lot about the all the four nations though experience. Many Water Tribe citizens admire his exciting and adventurous lifestyle. He left his homeland five years ago at thirteen years old. He travelled the Earth Kingdom, the Fire Nation, and the Air Temples and learned all about their cultures and ways. Every once in a while he would come back to the Northern Water Tribe and tell all about his stories. Everyone was definitely fascinated to hear about it all, except Yonghwa. One of the reasons why he did not go with his family to the Earth Kingdom Coronation Ceremony last year was because he did not want to see Kyuhyun at all. He knows that Seohyun pretty much worships the guy—or at least he thought she did—and he was jealous of him for that. Actually, he’s jealous of every guy who talks to Seohyun and despises them all.

            “I brought some vegetables from the Earth Kingdom,” Kyuhyun told them as he opened up one of the huge sacks of goods that he brought.

            “What kind of vegetables?” Sica asked, trying hard to hide the displeasure in her tone. Now Sica never had a problem with Kyuhyun. It’s just this time Sica was able to smell something absolutely putrid to her sensitive nose. She gets the horrible feeling that Kyuhyun had brought the very thing that she hates the most.

            “Here’s one.” Kyuhyun said as he held up a slender green vegetable in for the Jungs to see. “It’s a cucumber!”

            “Yuck,” Krystal grimaced. Krystal hates cucumbers too. No one knows exactly why they hate cucumbers, and nobody would rather question it. Apparently, cucumbers are taboo to them.

            “Ew, get that away from us! Go back to wherever you got it and burn it there! Don’t forget to completely disinfect your entire body to get rid of the cucumber germs or else I will have you deported, you disgusting pumpkin!” Sica commanded.

            Kyuhyun’s mouth gaped. He had never heard anyone insult his kindness before. With that he walked up to Sica and slapped her face with the hand he used to touch the cucumber. “Well if you hated it that much, you could have said it in a nicer way! I worked hard to get all of these!” Kyuhyun immaturely yelled back. Then he took all his acquired goods and left them without giving them anything. Secretary Yoochun’s eyes grew wide and tried not to burst into laughter.

            “Ugh, how awfully disrespectful! I’m going to go wash my face.” Sica marched back in the temple-like palace and left Krystal, Yoochun, and Yonghwa standing awkwardly out by the steps.

            Yoochun then approached Krystal and Yonghwa and loudly cleared his throat like he always does. “What do you both plan to do about the marriage now?” he asked.

            Yonghwa left the palace and went after Kyuhyun. Krystal went after him and left Secretary Yoochun standing alone. When Krystal caught up with him, she asked, “Hey where are you going?”

***

            “Sergeant Keroro, where are you?” Seohyun muttered under her breath. It has been days since he lost her pet bullfrog again and she still cannot find the creature anywhere. It left no traces for her to follow at all. Then she scratched her head in frustration and asked herself, “Where have I not looked yet?”

            “Excuse me, young lady, may I ask what you are looking for?” asked a familiar voice.

            Seohyun immediately turned around to see tall handsome Kyuhyun, smiling with a heavy sack beside him. Seohyun’s face lit up and ran toward him. At that moment it seems as if she had forgotten about her missing frog. Then she bowed and greeted, “Kyuhyun Oppa, it’s very nice to see you again!”

            Kyuhyun ruffled her hair as if she was a little puppy. He was a close friend of Seohyun’s family ever since he was little. In fact, when Seohyun’s parents left for the Earth Kingdom five years ago, he went with them until he finally decided to travel to other places.

            “So, how are you doing, Seohyun?”

            “Oh, I am doing just fine, but I can’t seem to find my friend Sergeant Keroro anywhere,” she answered with a sigh.

            “Sergeant Keroro?” Kyuhyun echoed. “Who’s that?”

            “He’s about this big,” Seohyun said as she held her hands up about half a feet apart. “And he’s green.”

            “Okay…,” Kyuhyun thought as he too began scratching his head. “What exactly is this ‘Sergeant Keroro’?”

            “It’s my pet frog. Mischievous guy…keeps hopping away like life’s all about hide and seek. I don’t mind playing hide and seek though, but it’s been days and I’m getting worried.”

            “I’m sure you’ll find Sergeat Keroro soon.” Kyuhyun chuckled at the girl’s little predicament. Then he dragged her into her house and had her sit down on the soft fur carpet.

Meanwhile, Prince Yonghwa and Princess Krystal were eavesdropping from behind their house and he heard everything about the missing bullfrog. That gave them ideas. It’s time to look for the missing frog. They quickly left and set out for their search.

 “I have some letters for you from your parents,” Kyuhyun said as he took out some folded letters for Seohyun to read.

            Seohyun gasped in excitement. She likes getting letters from her parents. It gives her insight on how they have been doing so far. As she read some of the letters, she was fascinated about her parent’s life at the Earth Kingdom. Their life there was definitely different from the life at the frozen North Pole.

            “I also have a whole sack of sweet potatoes, some books, and some scrolls from the Earth Kingdom,” Kyuhyun said as he showed Seohyun everything in the heavy rucksack.

            “Wow Kyuhyun Oppa, you’re the best!” she exclaimed. “Thank you so much!”

            After Kyuhyun left, Taeyeon, who had been practicing water bending with the help of the scrolls, came back to Seohyun’s house. Seohyun was quite surprised since Taeyeon still had her luggage with her.

            “Taeyeon Eonni, what are you doing here? I thought you went back to Sica Eonni to train with her,” she said as she looked at her rather oddly.

            “Oh yeah, about that,” Taeyeon began, “I think it’s best if I stay here just a little while longer.”

            “Why?” Seohyun whined. Her pleading eyes looked disappointed. “Don’t get me wrong, Eonni. I like having you stay at my house but you can’t keep trying to avoid Sica Eonni.”

            “I know…,” Taeyeon sort of trailed off. She wasn’t trying to avoid Sica. She was trying to help Krystal and Yonghwa. But of course, Taeyeon can’t exactly just tell Seohyun that she is a potential marriage candidate.

            “If you’re not ready to be with Sica Eonni yet, you can stay,” Seohyun said with pity filling her eyes. “Just make sure you and Sica Eonni will be good friends again.”

            “Yeah, well, sure,” Taeyeon brushed off most of what Seohyun said. She already heard those lectures from her a bunch of times. Then she changed the topic and said, “I heard there was a meteor shower star-gazing party out at the arctic tundra tomorrow night. Can I come with you?”

            “Sure,” Seohyun unenthusiastically replied. She was still stressing over Taeyeon and Sica’s strained relationship in her head so her answer came out a little more lifeless that normal.

            To cheer Seohyun up, Taeyeon took some of the sweet potatoes from the sack and washed them up for boiling. Cooking sort of clears her mind when everything is just slowly turning to chaos. She honestly has no idea about how to be a matchmaker. Is marrying Yonghwa to Seohyun even a good idea? She honestly doesn’t know.

   

            On the night of the star-gazing party, Taeyeon and Seohyun headed out of the city to the cold frozen arctic tundra. It was extremely cold that night. Taeyon took off her thick fur gloves and constantly blew fire to warm herself up while trudging with Seohyun to the star-gazing site. As they walked Taeyeon tried to make conversation about Yonghwa in particular. She tried not to be too obvious though.

            “So, you said you lived with the Jungs right? You must be really close to the three kids,” Taeyeon remarked, hoping to get her insight on Yonghwa.

            “Yup, I played with Princess Sica, Prince Yonghwa, and Princess Krystal a lot during those years that I lived with them. They treated me like a part of the family,” she said as she happily skipped with Taeyeon. Seohyun doesn’t seem to be as cold as the trembling little Avatar. Then she continued, “I haven’t really visited the palace in a while, but since Krystal always comes to talk to me, I’m still pretty close to her.”

            “And Sica?” Taeyeon inquired.

            “I still respect Sica Eonni like always. I may not have seen her as often as I’d like this past year, but she still has a special place in my heart.”

            “What about Yonghwa?” Taeyeon eagerly waited for an answer.

            “Oh, about Prince Yonghwa…,” Seohyun sort of drifted off and stared into space as she walked. She seemed to be trying to find the right words to describe him.

            “Yes?” Taeyeon intently lent her an ear.

            “He’s a bit strange,” Seohyun finally said. “We were really awkward with each other back then. But we had some fun times too. He made me laugh a lot and made me try so many weird things. There are times when he’s shy and there are times when he’s playful. I enjoyed having him around. I haven’t talked to him in a while though. I’d like to talk to him again if the opportunity comes.”

            “I’m sure the opportunity will come soon,” Taeyeon said with a smirk. A huge smile began to form on her amused little face.

Soon, they arrived at the star-gazing site. Fire bender Shim Changmin steadily built up the growing bonfire. Taeyeon joined him and soon, the fire blazed up to eighteen feet tall.  The Jungs and Secretry Park are already there. The other villagers arrived a few minutes later. Yonghwa’s band, Suho the librarian, Nurse Zhang Yixing, and Kyuhyun the traveller came to the event too. The astronomy scholars explained that the meteor shower should start soon, so they patiently watched the star-filled sky for any sign of shooting stars. It had always been a worldwide belief that if you make a wish at the sight of a shooting star, your wish will come true. So everyone eagerly watched the sky with hopes and wishes held close to their hearts.

Seohyun stared up at the beautifully lit night-sky. As she admired the amazing view, someone lightly tapped her shoulder with a finger. It was none other than her dear friend Kyuhyun, greeting her with the same charming smile. She returned the kind gesture and flashed a bright, lovely smile back at him.

“I’m really glad I came back to the Northern Water Tribe just in time for this meteor shower,” he chuckled. “I could use a few wishes.”

Seohyun giggled with him. “Times like this are always lovely.”

Meanwhile, Yonghwa saw Seohyun and Kyuhyun conversing from a distance. It was slowly ruining the whole event for him. Unconsciously, he clenched his fists so hard that he was even trembling. Yesterday, he searched so hard for the bullfrog so he can impress Seohyun, but all he found were some angry tiger-seals (walrus-like seals with black tiger stripes) whom he swore were trying to kill him. Thankfully he had his water bending sister, Krystal, with him and scared them away. Now Kyuhyun is here, making him think that there is absolutely no hope in getting married at all.

Then Krystal patted his back and told him, “You better calm down. Being bitter and jealous all the time won’t get you any ladies. I have an idea.”

“What? Just so you know, I still don’t fully trust any of ‘your’ ideas that you obviously acquired from the lousy secretary.”

Krystal just ignored his retort and stated her plan. “Remember how Sica Eonni totally bashed Kyuhyun Oppa with her words? Go over there and apologize while he’s talking to Seohyun Eonni.”

“And why should I apologize on Sica Noona’s behalf?” Yonghwa questioned her with crumpled eyebrows.

“Just do it.” Krystal then pushed her brother toward the conversing couple and accidentally bumped onto Seohyun, who was startled to see him so close to her. Then Krystal immediately made a run for it, leaving Yonghwa awkwardly standing there with Seohyun and Kyuhyun.

“Hello Miss Seohyun, hello Kyuhyun Hyung,” he awkwardly greeted.

Kyuhyun grimaced at the sight of him. He remembered Sica and how she atrociously mocked his presents from the Earth Kingdom. They may be the Royal Jung Family, but that doesn’t mean that they should insult him so rudely.

“Oh, Yong Oppa,” Seohyun greeted rather awkwardly too. Then she corrected herself and said, “I mean, Prince Yonghwa.” Then she smiled and said, “It’s nice to see you here.”

Hearing Seohyun say his name made a sheepish smile stretch across this blushing face. Kyuhyun still scowled at him like he was nothing but a shameful little rodent. Then he said to Kyuhyun, “Hey man, I’m really sorry about my terrible sister. People call her the Ice Princess for a reason, you know. And, um, I’m sure she didn’t mean anything she said. She just really, really hates cucumbers that much.”

Seohyun gasped in shock. Then she turned to Kyuhyun and exclaimed, “You gave Sica Eonni cucumbers?!”

Kyuhyun scratched his clueless head and replied, “Well, yeah…”

“Thank goodness you’re still alive! She could have killed you or tortured you or worse: frozen you under a glacier! That’s an unforgivable crime! Please tell me you at least said sorry to her.”

Kyuhyun blankly looked from Seohyun to Yonghwa and back to Seohyun. Was it really that offense to offer cucumbers to a princess?

Right on time, Secretary Park Yoochun came and put a hand on Kyuhyun’s shoulder. “Calm down, boy. She won’t kill you.”

Kyuhyun turned around to see the familiar secretary and gave him a hug. “Yoochun Hyung, it’s really great to see you again! You know how much I’ve always admired you every time you taught me to navigate ships with water bending! Ah, the good old days…”

While Kyuhyun was too preoccupied with reminiscing about his training days with Secretary Park, Yonghwa and Seohyun took this chance to privately talk to each other and enjoy each other’s company. Seeing that her plan was successful, Krystal jumped and celebrated by herself until Minhyuk asked her to come and sing songs with him by the bonfire. It seems that the night was going really smoothly for everyone.

The huge bonfire really warmed everyone’s spirits in the frozen arctic tundra. After Taeyeon built the huge fire with Shim Changmin, she sat there alone, a little farther away from all the fuss. Unexpectedly, Sica came and sat beside her. Taeyeon did not mind. In fact, her spirits lit up when she realized that Sica wanted sit with her.

“So, how’s living with the ever-so-pure angel child?” Sica asked.

“It’s good. It just gets annoying whenever she keeps telling me to do the ‘right thing’ though. Other than that, I haven’t really had any problems,” Taeyeon told her.

“Well, that’s a relief,” Sica sighed.

“Don’t get me wrong, though! I actually planned on going back to the palace yesterday, but your sister totally stopped me.”

“Yeah, I know. I asked the secretary about it. I honestly think that it would be best if you just stay there at Seohyun’s house. She’s been living alone lately and it bothers me that she has no guardian. She’s such an innocent kid. I don’t want her to get hurt. She may not know it, but needs you right now. And about my brother’s messed up love life; don’t worry about it too much. Yonghwa and Seohyun liked each other since they were kids. They just don’t know anything about each other’s feelings though. I’m sure they will work it out on their own.”

“Oh, I see,” Taeyeon said thoughtfully. “I will definitely come to the palace often to continue my training with you.”

Sica brightly chuckled. “Sure. I hope that we don’t get heated up and try to kill each other again though.”

Meanwhile Yonghwa and Seohyun sat together admiring the sky and talking about random things. Then Seohyun unexpectedly said to Yonghwa, “You should come and visit me more often. Maybe we can go penguin sledding again sometime like when we were kids if you’re not too busy. It will be fun!”

Yonghwa smiled at the thought of Seohyun wanting to spend time with him. Without hesitation he immediately agreed. Then he remembered the lost frog. So he asked, “Anyway, I heard that you lost your pet frog. Have you found it yet?”

Seohyun sighed and turned gloomy all of a sudden.

“I’m guessing that’s a no?”

“I looked everywhere with Taeyeon Eonni but we couldn’t find it. I even had Lay and Suho look with me, and even Kyuhyun Oppa, but no luck,” Seohyun explained. “I just hope he’s safe and not eaten by wild animals or anything.”

“Don’t worry. I’ll find him for you,” Yonghwa said it almost like a promise. He has no idea what trouble he’ll be causing by actually going through with this.

“How are you so sure that you’ll find it?” Seohyun asked as she looked into Yonghwa’s clear brown eyes.

“I can do anything. I’m a prince!” he joked.

“Eh… Quit fooling around. Princes aren't omnipotent,” Seohyun lightly slapped his knee. She missed getting to joke around with him like this. Hopefully it happens more often from now on, she thought.

Just then, as they were busy chatting, Taeyeon noticed a shooting star gleam in the night sky for a split second. Then there was another one, followed by another. The meteor shower has started.

“Sica, look!” Taeyeon said as she pointed to the night sky.

“Oh, shooting stars!” Sica exclaimed.

Minhyuk, who was playing his bongo drums with Krystal and the rest of the band beside him screamed out, “Everyone, make a wish!”

Kyuhyun sat beside Seohyun on her left with Yonghwa at her right, and asked her, “So, what’s your wish?”

Yonghwa listened intently for her answer. Then she closed her eyes, crossed her fingers, and said, “I wish I can meet my parents again soon. Oh, and I wish I can find Sergeant Keroro soon!”

“I wish I can have many more safe travels and great adventures out in the future!” Kyuhyun said at the top of his lungs.

“I wish I can become a better person,” Yonghwa said to himself. Then he continued it in his mind, “for the better of the Water Tribe, for the better of the people, and for Seohyun.”

Nearby, Yonghwa heard his sister screaming at the top of her lungs, “I wish Yong Oppa can be the best King ever!”

“Me too!” Minhyuk yelled with her.

Taeyeon and Sica held each other’s hand and closed their eyes. Together they whispered their wishes to each other.

“I wish to become a better water bending instructor for the great Avatar,” said Sica.

“I wish I can grow to become a great Avatar,” Taeyeon chuckled.

Then Sica smiled and said to Taeyeon, “Oh, you are a great Avatar, Taeng!”


소원을 말해봐~! ^^

Hey guys! Remember Kyuhyun? He had ONE LINE in Chapter 5: Jobless and Bored... XD

Thank you guys for all the nice comments and insights! I enjoy reading all your funny comments :) If you have any questions, I might reply and answer them so don't hesitate to ask. Of course, if your question will spoil the story, I won't answer it at all or I might just answer it vaguely. XD

For those asking where YoonA is, she'll be introduced some time soon, in the future chapters.