Please Love Me Back, Because I've Fallen For You

Do I Know You, My Darling?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


Chen a.k.a Kyung Woo POV

"Kai hyung, can you take out the yearbook for me? I need it. Desperately."

"Wait here. I'll go get it."

"Thanks hyung.."

I sat on the sofa while waiting for Kai. I tried to switch to any possible channel that is interesting.

Korean News 

Nope.

Discovery Channel

Nope.

Inkigayo!

Nope.

"Why is there not a single channel that's interesting?! Hyung! What's the problem with you television?"

"No. There's problem with it. The problem's on you. It depends on who is watching it." 

I continue clicking the button on the remote. By the time I wanted to turn off the television, someone who looked familiar caught my eye.

 I turged back to the previous channel and true enough, its Kim Hae Rin.

"Hae.. Hae Rin? Why is she on the television? Kai hyung! You done searching yet?"

He took out an old dusty book. It's torn everywhere. He blew the dust away with a big huff, cheeks puffing out cutely.

"Chen, here it is. I don't know if the picture is still visible or not, but... guess you could give it a try."

"Thanks" 

I looked at the cover of the book.  

Samyun Elementary School Yearbook 2004.

 It made me thought of the past. The past where I once fell in love with Hae Rin before, but I don't think she would remember me, will she?

I flipped through every page. It seems so old, yet the memories still remains fresh to me. 

"1st grade... 2nd grade... 3rd grade.... There is it! 4th grade!"

"Chen.. who are you looking for? Hae Rin? Do you think she'll ever remember you again? Didn't you remember that she had surgery on her brain last time? She might not even remember who we are. Get your sense back!"

"Why hyung? Just let me try. Don't bother about me... I'll be fine."

"Chen-ah.. I don't want you to suffer again. Remember when you confessed to her that day? You're just 10! And how she just ignored you had made you cried all day. I don't even remember how did I ended up being good friends with you.."

"Hyung I found it! Kim Hae Rin! Look! She's so pretty.. Did she came up from heaven?  Her looks never changed... she only got prettier as time goes by."

Suddenly, my phone rang.. I wonder if it's Hae Rin.. 

I slide the screen to unlock it. 

Mom

It's not Hae Rin... My mood darkened.

"Kyung woo! Will you come home now? It's hard to take care of the shop alone... I'm getting old, ya know?"

"Mom, your timing ."

"I don't care. Come home now. I'm waiting"

"Kai hyung, I need to go home now. Mind me taking this book back? I'll return it later. Thanks for your breakfast!"

"Keep it. I don't need it anyways."

"Thanks. You're the best."

I grabbed my car keys and drove back to the store. Thank God it's just a few metres away from Kai's house. My mother would be mad if she knew that I drank beer. I hope she wouldn't notice.

I pushed the car door opened when I reached the front gate of the store. 

"Hi.. Mo--"

I didn't even get to finish my sentence and my mom is pulling me out.

"Young man, you got some work to do. Change your clothes. It smells."

Ah.. okay.. did she already knew that I drank beer? . This is disaster.

I went up to my room to wash my clothes. Just in case she will know. 

"Hmm.. what should I wear?"

"Wait.. why am I thinking about this when I'm just going to serve the customer?! A normal tee will do."

"Kyung woo!! When you're done changing, come here and help! There's many customers today.. Ah! and don't you think I didn't know that...." My mom shouted.

" Mom! What do you know!?"

"You're combing your teddy bear.."

"Hey! Don't say it so loudly! There's people down stairs"

"Whatever. Come here now!"

I stomped hardly on the staircase because of embarassment. Imagine how people would laugh at a 23 years old guy playing with a teddy bear? I don't want it to happen.

'Mom, what do you want

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter