Confessions of intensity.

Move On (JinDy spin off of The Bodyguard)

The day differencies jump. 

I am super confused whether they go at the same time with Bodyguard. :D 

So....

I don't care. 

Let this be the chapter of romance and fluff

Chapter 3:

Andy’s POV:

I liked his name. It rolled on my tongue when I said it and it fitted to the man perfectly. He was moving forward though he was doing it slowly. He seemed to be proud of the name. The smile and the twinkling in his eyes when he said his name were super cute.

“What about your name?” He asked me slowly.

“Andy.” I replied. “My name is Andy.”

His eyes widened.

“Andy!?”

 

Junjin’s POV:

“Yes, Andy.” He blinked his eyes.

I know I was being weird, but hey, who would judge me when someone is named after Eric’s brother. He looked at me innocently, fingers nibbling something. Or maybe innocent was put wrongly. He seemed rather panicked.

“Don’t tell me…” I tapped his shoulder. “Are you Eric’s little brother?”

Andy (woah, it was great to finally say his name) looked at me and after a while he nodded. I almost pulled him to a bear hug. But I managed to stay still.

“I have heard so many stories of you!” I beamed.

He smiled awkwardly.

“Hyung never mentioned you.” Andy told me.

“Eyy…” I pouted.

“Ohh, Junjin-sshi,” he spoke. “Would you like to have something to eat?” he asked.

 

Andy’s POV:

I was leading him to that restaurant that made the best chicken in the whole world. I hadn’t visited it in days and the ahjumma wouldn’t recognize me since I have changed. The restaurant wasn’t far away from the hospital but it needed walking.

I and Junjin were crossing the pedestrian crossing when a man collided with me and I almost lost my balance. But Junjin managed to steady my body. The man looked at me and clapped his hands, smiling widely. He then glimpsed at Junjin and bowed his head as a greeting.

“I don’t know if you remember me,” he said happily. “But, I was a friend of your father’s!”

“Stepdad…actually.” I fixed him.

“Ahh? Yeah…stepdad.” He said. “I used to be one of the clients to your dad. I helped him gain a fortune son.”

I felt how Junjin was looking at me and frowning. I was tensing up. I felt my breathing hitching. My pupils must’ve been small when the man went on and Junjin began to bite his cheeks.

“You know,” the man explained. “I am very sorry of what I did to your chest.”

My hands rolled into a ball.

So did Junjin’s.

“I should’ve paid more if I had known that I would break the beer bottle.” The man scrunched his eyebrows apologetically.

I was daring to hear no more.

I wanted to get away and never remember what had happened.

But I couldn’t move.

“I would’ve needed the money,” he told. “…to my daughter’s cancer treatment, but your dad said you were on sale.”

Junjin’s fists were shivering.

“Then, when I was about to make the biggest mistake of my life,” the man I remembered too well stated. “Your dad and the two of you disappeared. I heard your dad got some sort of a disease. Was it deadly?”

“You know what, Sir?” I said calmly. “You are forgiven of whatever you did to me. Also, he was my stepdad. No blood relation whatsoever. And whatever we did to him after me and Eric hyung had gotten out of that hell hole, he surely deserved it. It was nice seeing you Sir.” I bowed my head and walked past him, slamming my shoulder onto his.

Junjin glared at the man furiously and then followed me.

“What did the man mean by that?” he questioned when he was behind me.

“I think that question is irrelevant since you know the answer, Junjin-sshi.” I replied and hid the tears I was about to shed.

 

Junjin’s POV:

I watched him eating. I wasn’t daring to ask what the hell had happened and I didn’t want to know, what Andy and Eric hyung had done to that man. He wasn’t eating willingly. He was trying to avoid talking. He was chewing slowly, stuffing more food into his mouth so that I wouldn’t have the chance to ask him. But eventually I couldn’t stop myself anyways. I would ask.

“Andy-sshi.” I said.

He glanced at me and held the chopsticks in front of his lips. Then he placed them into the rice and lifted them up and gorged it into his mouth.

“Yah, Andy-sshi,” I tried again, calmly. “I know you aren’t ready to tell me and good god, how much I am itching to know. But…” He was now looking at me timidly, his eyes scanning around the empty restaurant. “…is that, what that man said, true?”

He gulped difficultly and anxiously nodded.

I felt my face tensing, hue of some sort of disgust on it.

“Please…” he pleaded. “…no more of that…please.”

“Okay.” I convinced him with a smile. “But—“

“That’s enough.” Andy raised his voice a bit.

I looked at him. He was panicking, furious, scared and aghast. I knew I should have stopped right there not to find out anything bad, but I, Park Chung Jae, cannot stop when it’s time.

“No, it’s not, Andy.” I mumbled sharply, putting down my soju class. “If you aren’t ready to talk about it, I am willing to stop. But I already have a hunch of what that bastard was referring to.” I concluded and he seemed extremely scared. “And only god knows how angry I am right now that I didn’t think how wrongly you have lived.”

“Junjin-sshi,” his voice was trembling.

“When did it start, huh?” I asked. “When you were 16?” His cheeks blushed and the brown orbs avoided my gaze, turning watery almost instantly. I gulped shocked and placed the chopstick next to my plate. “It started earlier, didn’t it?”

He tensed.

And I knew I had interrogated too much.

“Junjin-sshi,” he was almost crying now. “I don’t know what I should say. I…am…not…ready. And neither are you.” He got up from the seat.

I caught his wrist and pulled him back down. I wasn’t infuriated or anything, I just wanted to know one thing. I just wanted him to tell that there was nothing to hide from me. I wanted to know if he had done something that had brought him to this state before Sa Rah died.

“What about the stepdad?” I questioned and I felt how the hands were shivering.

“Junjin-sshi.” He whined.

“What happened to him? Did he die to some disease? Was he ill?” I bombarded him with questions. “Did you leave him? What happened? Did it affect Eric hyung?” I kept going. He fisted his hands but I didn’t care. “You have to open up someday, Andy. I’m not telling you to do it now, nor in the near future, but if we are going to hang out together more often, I don’t want you to—“

“WE KILLED HIM, OKAY!?”

I pulled back shaken and he stared at me petrified before he ran out of the empty restaurant.  

 

Andy’s POV:

I didn’t look back because I knew he was following me. I felt my legs slowing down as soon as the red light stopped me and Junjin’s hand wrapped around my wrist, squeezing it when he turned me around. I was already crying as he glared at me. He was intimated by me, I knew it. He wasn’t smiling like before. There wasn’t even a form of delight in his face.

“What?” I snapped under my tears.

“I just…” Junjin whispered. “…I needed to…I….I need to know…”

I nodded and said, “Go on…I will answer as best as I can.”

“Was it necessary to kill him?” He interrogated.

I chuckled as obnoxiously as I could as I replied the first answer that came into my mind. “Is it ever necessary to kill anyone, Junjin-sshi?”

He was obviously surprised my answer.

“I wasn’t the one to kill him…” I explained the story that had been playing inside my head ever since that had happened. “…I was the one who couldn’t do anything.” I mumbled. “I was…in a middle of a happy family when everything died and all there was, was the barely a family.”

“Andy-sshi,” Junjin interrupted me. “I think it is best if…if…we don’t meet for a while.”

I drew aback, the gasp escaping from my mouth.

“I need some time…” He told. “…to think.”

The tears on my face ran through it faster.

“Please.” He begged.

“Of course.” I flashed the most awkward and saddest smile I could. “I can wait.”

 

Junjin’s POV (two days later):

“Of course.”  His words were like an old CD. “I can wait.”  They kept repeating inside my head every time I was trying to sleep or think of society’s point of view. Besides that, the smile on his face had been heartbreaking. I was in a devastating position right now.

I missed him.

There!

I said it.

I missed Andy.

But I needed this precious time to think.

He had killed a person.

Well, not killed but helped.

But it was for protection.

And maybe that is why Eric became a bodyguard after all.

He met a therapist.

He had special meetings after practices.

He was always away when I was having lunch.

I opened my eyes and saw him sitting in the grieving room. He was holding a box in his hands, his head turning back and forth from the lap to the door.

Was he…was he waiting for me?

“Ohh, Mr. Park?” a nurse’s voice startled me. “Where have you been!?”

I showed her to be quiet. “I…needed some time to think.” I answered truthfully. “And therefore I couldn’t be there for Jin Kyo and Andy.”

She frowned but bowed her head understanding when I told her not to tell Andy. When I was about to leave, he stepped out of the room.

I felt time stopping when his sad eyes suddenly lit up and he was staring at me.

“Jin ah!”

I blushed to the nickname.

So did he.

“I mean…Junjin-sshi,” Andy prompted. “What are you doing in here?”

I suddenly had no answer whatsoever. I was opening my mouth back and forth, spilling out incoherent squeaks and squeals. He furrowed his eyebrows, eyes glowing of happiness.

“I…I was…”

“Nearby?” he questioned.

I nodded.

“Ah, I see.” He pouted. “I am going to check my shoulder. I think it has healed already.” He smiled.

I felt my chest clenching. Had I missed that smile that much?

The answer was obvious.

Yes.

“Would you like to come there with me? Or…do you have business with Jin Kyo?” He interrogated, stepping towards the door that was near the elevator. “I can go by mysel—“

“No.” I said hastily. “I can come with you.”

 

Andy’s POV:

My cheeks were burning when Junjin was staring at me. The nurse was unrolling the bandage on my shoulder while she told me how well it had healed. I barely listened to her since I tried to avoid Junjin’s gaze. She said it still hadn’t healed that well and started wrapping another bandage around it, telling me how to nurse it at home.

“If you have no one to help you put the ice bag onto your shoulder, you can come here and I or someone else can nurse you.” She said professionally.

“Definitely.” I responded.

Junjin snorted out loud.

“Of course, if here isn’t anyone who can do it, you can have my number and I will come to help you.” She explained. “It is not hard, but getting it onto the right spot might seem rather difficult.”

I nodded and listened accurately.

“Also, small amounts of exercise might help to get it back to its place.” She smiled. “It already is almost there but it needs a bit of accustoming.”

She kept the shoulder, telling which places must’ve hurt the most. I answered with nods and words and suddenly Junjin appeared next to her, took my hand and lifted me up.

“He has me.” He said and pulled me out of the room.

“Jin!” I yelled. “Jin!”

“What!?” he hissed and I pursed my lips.

 

Junjin’s POV:

“I forgot my hoodie.” He whispered, sliding down the small sleeves of his t-shirt.

I stared at him, feeling something new inside me as I told him to stay put, and marched back into the room, grabbed the black hoodie and threw it to him once I was outside. I didn’t forget to glare at her, earning a weird giggle, and then I slammed the door closed.

“What’s wrong with you?” He asked confused.

He looked super cute; eyes wide like that.

“She was flirting with you!” I shouted, astonishing myself.

Andy blinked his eyes and seemed to contemplate as I stood in front of him being stupidly infuriated and annoyed. We hadn’t seen each other in two days, nor had we texted, and I was like a crazy person. He turned to look at me after the long silence and he said something that made me heave a sigh…relieved one.

“She did? I didn’t notice.”

“Huh? You didn’t notice how she almost pushed her at your face, huh!?”

He looked at me. “I sincerely didn’t notice anything. I usually do…now I didn’t.” he spoke nonchalantly. “Why are you so angry?”

I tsked loudly and helped him put on the hoodie.

“Oh, Junjin…” he sang. “…sometimes I really wanna see what you have in mind.”

The grin on his face made my heartbeat painful.

Believe me, Andy…you would be the last person to have an access to my brain, I pondered.   

 

Andy’s POV:

Junjin didn’t need time to think anymore. I didn’t know what he decided but I didn’t care as long as he sat beside me in the grieving room and we could ho—

Who is that!?

I halted my steps immediately.

Junjin was having a conversation with someone. It was light since he was smiling and laughing occasionally. His hand was on the other man’s shoulder (as well as the other man’s was on his) and he kept tapping it, letting the man tell him something before he reacted. I entered the room, holding the lunchboxes in my shivering hands. I was hearing the conversations clearer and clearer after every step I took.

“Oh, there he is!” Junjin suddenly said.

The man in front of him shifted his body and smiled at me, wrinkles surrounding his eyes.

“Andy!” Junjin called. “This is Dongwan hyung.”

I stared at the shorter lad seriously.

“Pleasure to meet you,” he said, reaching his hand at me.

I looked at it and said, “Do you think I can shake hands when I am holding two lunchboxes?”

Junjin frowned and scolded me. “Andy, he was being nice.” He said.

“Oh, sorry.” I said supposedly apologetically. “I am Andy.”

But I didn’t shake hands with Dongwan but walked past him to the seat area. Junjin followed me with his eyes and I could feel it as he turned back to the older guy and told him to leave. I sat down onto the chair and commenced unfolding the boxes. He slumped down beside me and glared at me. I couldn’t care less of him as I dug out the utensils and started mixing the food.

“Andy ya…” he crooned.

I felt blush rising onto my cheeks.

“Andy ya, what was that?” He questioned.

I glimpsed at him. "Why was he here, huh?" I spilled out irritated.

"He was just the one who brought me here and wanted to see Jin Kyo." Junjin told.

I leered at him even more infuriated. "Aha...and the reason why he was touching you and you were touching him is?"

"Because he is such a good friend?" Junjin crunched his eyebrows down.

“Okay fine…let’s eat.” I muttered.

Junjin was afraid because of the silence and started speaking, "Andy ya..." but I stuffed something into his mouth. "Yah...Andy ya..." And again another portion of food entered the cavern. "YAH!" Rice spilled out of Junjin's mouth.

"Don't talk when you eat." I commanded.

"He is just a friend." Junjin said slowly.

"I don't care....why would I care? Is there reason for me to care?" I bombed him.

"Andy ya..." Junjin murmured. "...if you don't care, why are you assaulting the chicken?"

He whined, "Andy ya..."

"Stop repeating my name...please...."

"But...I like to repeat it..."

"But I hate it......"

"Aish, Andy...you are just jealous o--"

"What!?" I sat up. "JEALOUS!? OF WHAT!?"

Junjin pursed his lips up. "Of...of...me?"

I laughed dryly. "Fine...I am jealous...and it makes me pissed...."

"Why are you pissed?"

"Because of you, Junjin." I wailed. "I am seriously pissed by you every single day. Now even more."

Junjin felt sad.

"But it's not you why I am pissed. It is because I am stupid when it comes to you...ok!?"

Junjin didn't understand but he decided to play safely. "You aren't stupid."

"I am." I nodded. "I shouldn't be pissed because you don’t eat since I am not eating either."  I added. "And I shouldn't get jealous of you because you are talking to some other guy."

"Andy..."

"And I am pissed because of the way you say my name." I sighed. "So sincere...calm....loving..."

"Andy ya..."

"What if I someday get pissed off by the fact that you could never like me as much as you like Jin Kyo?"

Junjin glanced at the photo behind me.

"What if, Junjin, what if I someday woke up and I liked you more than I liked you yesterday?" I asked.

"Andy..." Junjin whispered for the umpteenth time.

"Jin ah...I can't...do this....I need to think..." I said as I shoved my arms and ran towards the stupid door. I was already outside when he caught me and pissed me off even more. “What?” I noticed myself asking.

It had become my new favorite word.

“I won’t let you go until you tell me!”

“Tell you what!?”

“THAT YOU LIKE ME!!”

 

Author’s POV:

Andy’s eyes got bigger and Junjin found it amusing. But the younger man wasn’t going to say anything at all as he gulped and stared at the taller man in aghast, waiting for some sort of an epiphany to come save him. Junjin squeezed his hand around the wrist and Andy’s face stirred, nose wrinkling. Older man was watching him until he told him what he wanted to hear. But Andy knew he could be strong. Now he needed to be strong.

“Tell me, Andy.” Junjin held his wrist.

“No.”

“Please.”

“Why do you want to know!?” Andy raised his voice. “It has no benefits to you anyways! You just want to know if I am an utter idiot! I am Jin ah! I AM!”

Junjin threw the wrist away from his hand and ogled at Andy. The younger man was couple centimeters apart from him. The lunchboxes had already fallen onto the grey asphalt and the foods had scattered around, rice on Junjin’s shoes.

“So, you think you are an idiot if you love me?” He questioned.

“No.” Andy answered. “I am an idiot for falling!”

“And why are you angry with me!? I didn’t plan any of my feelings either!” Junjin exclaimed. “I watched from the side how beautiful you are including your scars and wounds and bruises. I watched how the smiles appeared onto your lips whenever I tried to cheer you up! I watched how sad you got whenever someone mentioned family and when I reminded you from stuff you didn’t want to remember!” he continued.

Andy listened, but he had fire in his eyes.

“I watched how you slowly came back to earth and how your feet got onto the ground and you were you. I waited for a long time to hear your name even once and I wanted to avoid every place where you would get paranoid.” Junjin explained. “Are you saying that you are a fool!?”

“If you weren’t obnoxiously handsome and nice and great and understanding, I would still be somewhere dark, thinking different ways to suffocate me!” Andy got closer to the man who chuckled unsatisfied and pierced his eyes to the younger man’s. “You are too nice Junjin! You are…are…making people delusional and…and…frustrated because they don’t know if you like them or befriend them.” He threw at him.

Junjin breathed in through his nostrils and the fire in his eyes was much more torrid than Andy’s. He had never heard anything more insulting than that and he lived with Hyesung for crying out loud.

“You don’t know me at all!” He shouted.

“I think I know you well enough!” Andy replied.

“I am easy to read when I am in love!” Junjin stepped forward stepping onto the food. Andy stood still, looking up at him fiercely. “I guess my feelings need a professional to know when I am in love!”

Andy tsked. “You are handsome. That is what you are!” he mumbled.

“Oh, my god, you are so stubborn to admit!” Junjin rolled his eyes. “Is it that disgusting to be in love with me!?” He was nose to nose with Andy.

“If I am in love, I would never say it out loud!”

“Ohh, but with Sa Rah you did!?”

“She is different!”

“How is she different? She has s instead of !?”

Andy laughed unamused. “No! I mean yes! But no!”

“Can you sometimes be more coherent!?” Junjin shouted.

“I am coherent when I am not in love and the person who I love isn’t in front of me!” Andy screamed, getting onto his toes.

Junjin bit his cheeks. “Gosh, you are childish.”

“I am childish!?”

“You are!”

“Well, who was jealous to a nurse who was trying to help!?”

“Who is jealous to a chauffeur I have known forever!?”

Andy turned silent.

Junjin turned silent.

And they were staring at each other, angry steam coming out of their ears and infuriated puffs escaping from their nostrils. Then Andy shoved his head away and to his heels, walking off to the opposite direction. Junjin kicked the lunchbox and he too walked away, advancing the horizon of nothingness.

After walking couple meters, he heard noises.

Not nice ones.

And he turned around.

Andy…

He was in danger.   

 

Andy’s POV:

I scurried away from him. I couldn’t stand the sight of him at the moment. Junjin had never seemed so frantic. Aish, I seriously despised him now. He was so annoying. He was always hitting my sensitive spots; always blurting out stupid stuff.

I hated him.

I was crossing the pedestrian crossing when I was being blocked by a man I met then. He was smiling at me; not fatherly like he did before but more like…he did when he…he…bought me for two hours. I stared at him as he touched my shoulder and slid down my hoodie. I jerked his hand off, trying to walk past him when another guy from my childhood appeared and smirked terribly.

I gulped but tried to keep my cool.

“I missed you.” He said, my cheek.

My heartbeat rose from normal to unordinary. The every petrifying thought I had had as a child came rushing back into my mind when three other men joined the two other. They had been friends of my stepdad’s so they knew each other. The most familiar man, the best friend of him, started laughing when I was against the wall. It seemed like the streets were always empty when I was alone; always.

“I almost spent my last money on you.” said another man, I didn’t recall at all. “But I did the most satisfying scars on your back.” He said.

I shuddered when someone caught my arms, pulled them back and two men began to pull my hoodie off of me. I felt exactly the same as I had felt in the elevator, except now, it was hundred times, no, thousand times scarier than then.

The man from days ago moved in front of me and slid his hands under my t-shirt, feeling the wounds he had done with the others. I held my tears in. I didn’t show any feelings when the remaining ones moved onto my jeans and commenced unbuckling my belt.

Then one of them fell onto the floor and hit his head to the concrete.

I opened my eyes and Junjin was kicking and punching the men.

One of them was brave enough to fight with him and he managed to hit him three times. Junjin’s face was bloody when the old guy gave up and fell to the ground with the others. Then Junjin turned to look at me, and that famous sad and worried frown plastered on his face.

“Andy ya…”

 

Junjin’s POV:

I ran to him.

I ran as fast as I could.

I didn’t mind about the food on my shoes, or the blowing sharp wind on my face, I still ran.

And I held my fist up when the one man was at my sight.

I fought.

I receive hits back.

I was kicked.

But I made sure that Andy was okay.

That no one touched.

No one, except me.

When the men were lying on the ground, I turned to him. He was hyperventilating. He was intimidated. He was grasping the hem of his shirt scared when I took the hoodie from the dirty ground and put it around him. We didn’t exchange any words.

Andy was still hyperventilating.

His breathing squeaked.  

He was too shocked to comprehend that no one was there to do anything bad to him. And I made sure of it, by pulling him into my arms.

But he pushed me away.

“No.” Andy shook his head. “No.” he repeated.

“Why?” I asked frustrated.

“They found me.” He said. “They found me after all these years.”

I looked at him. “Andy ya…”

“We can’t.” he spoke terrified. “Everything I love gets hurt. Please, Junjin…leave me alone!”

And I let him run away from me.

Park Chung Jae, you are an idiot!  

I walked back to where I had come and noticed the two lunchboxes on the asphalt. I lifted them up and looked at them.

So this is why Andy’s hands were covered in glue, I pondered, as I looked at the boxes and smiled widely. I felt my whole body warming up to the obviously handmade things. I took the one that said Andy’s and trailed my finger on the drawn picture of chibi him.

How come was he so cute?

How come was he so lovely?

How come was he so wounded?

How come was I so in love!?

 

Still, Junjin’s POV:

He didn’t answer my calls.

He didn’t answer my texts.

He didn’t let me in.

And Eric hyung didn’t let me in.

I was visiting him more than ever.

I wanted to return his lunchboxes. Well, other one of them. The one I didn’t feel like keeping. I hoped Andy would have opened the door. I needed him. I wanted to talk to him. I missed him. I wanted to tell him that everything I said in the argument was true. I never lied.

Never.

I needed to talk to him.

To ask him.

Whether he meant his words.

I grabbed the morning magazine after Hyesung hyung had brought it and opened it from the middle. No, was my first word.

 

Author’s POV:

Junjin ran all he could. He had nonchalantly read the newspaper when a notification said that a young man had fallen from a bridge. It couldn't be Andy but something in Junjin's heart told him that it wasn’t certain.

Junjin saw the shabby old apartment building and didn't stop running until he was behind the door and was knocking it frantically. Eric opened the door with a frown.

"Where is Andy?" Junjin spilled out.

"He hasn’t really been home." Eric spoke.

"Since when!?"

"From the day he came back crying. But if you ask me, he might as well be in the hospital."

Junjin had already started running, getting towards the staircase.

When he was at the hospital, he sighed relieved. Andy was in the cafeteria, drinking coffee.

"I have been looking for you everywhere!" Junjin yelled.

"I'm always here? What is there to look for?" Andy asked voice trembling and sad.

Junjin blushed. "I...read the newspaper. I thought...you might've...jumped."

Andy had now sat up from the chair and he was hardly 3 millimeters apart from Jin. His eyes seemed to understand and his cheeks were red after realizing that Junjin had been worried about him.  "I have no reason to kill me...anymore." Andy whispered, looking into Junjin's eyes. A silence crept into the cafeteria. People had stopped their doings as they were now looking at the two men having a staring competition. Junjin's gaze lowered onto the younger man's mouth.

"How…sensitive…are your…lips?" He questioned.

"My lips...are untouchable." Andy answered, getting a bit onto his toes.

"That's...great." Junjin murmured voice barely audible as he leaned in slowly.

"It...Is." When Andy closed his eyes, Junjin dared to do it too. And their lips touched; Junjin slowly moved his and let Andy push him away whenever he felt uncomfortable or that it was too much. But it didn't happen until Junjin brushed the lower lip with his tongue and Andy realized what he was doing. He flushed, face dark red, and pulled off.

"I'm sorry." Junjin apologized quickly.

"No, no...I...I liked it..." Andy confessed cheeks red. The older man had never seen them so blushed before.  

Junjin exhaled.

What the hell did he just do!?