xlix

Keep Shining My Star


The line was cut. I don't know why or what happened, if I am bothering a game or is it just a thirty second time out.

A surprise. I was thinking of it since we separate ways before evening. I'm so overwhelm how things are happening now. Everything is what I wanted, everything is what I wished for. I bought a blue and white cheerleader dress and a pompom. I what to surprise him, I wasn't going to dress on the game but after it, because he said he had the second surprise for me too. If Snow will say that he'll be able to play on spring because of the game tomorrow I'd be so happy. Snow will be a Jung Yonghwa everyone knew, but better.


I was smiling so happily as I walk on our house but I was surprised that Norie is sitting on the couch, it is already dark. The house is full of darkness that I thought that nobody is home. "Norie.." I put the down the paper bags. "What happened?"

"I'm sorry.." She hugged me and cried. "I'm so sorry, Shinhye."


The way she cried was different, it's different how she sobbed last night, how she stared at Yonghwa, this is the first time she cried like a helpless lady in front of me. Norie has been a fighter, she'll back you up anytime you needed her, but now, seeing her like this seems she turned into a lousy Park Shinhye I used to remember. I actually seeing the old Shinhye in front of me. "Norie.. Why?" I tried to comfort her.

"I'm sorry.." She repeated her words again. And I don't understand a thing. Not a thing.

"Why you keep saying sorry?"

"You are going home." She said. "Go home with your Mom."

 

I stared at her. This isn't right, Norie was the one who's keeping me away from my Mom, Sunhye. She was the one, being my wall whenever my Mom gave me heartaches. Now, she's giving me back, without telling me a reason why.
Now she's going to leave me, without even saying a good bye.

"I won't." I tried to control my tears. "I won't leave you here by your own, Norie."

"I'll leave soon." She said, wiping my tears. "I'm going to London."

"Why so sudden?! You said to me you're not going to leave me." I pinched her hand. "Tell me what's wrong, Norie. I will understand everything you say."

 

She hugged me again, this time I am the one who's crying. I don't her to leave me, if on the start I was pushing everybody away now, I'm not going to let my everything vanished. "I'll never question you. Not at all."


"Shinhye.. Now, I wished you would just stop understanding all the things. I wished you would stop agreeing even it hurts. I'm sorry."

"You are the one who said to me that.." I sighed. "Why are you saying the opposite things you thought me?! Why?" I yelled as tears coming down to my eyes. "Why are you being so cruel?"

"I'm always this cruel, Shinhye."

"Stop lying Norie." I said. "Stop saying words that's completely different how I look into your eyes.

She looked at me, and now I'm counting seconds to her to lie again, to push me away again. "I love you so much Shinhye, I even flew here the time I got the bad news. But I can't take what I did to you, it's like I stabbed you in front. I keep saying you have a good heart but I made you like this."

"It's not your fault. Nobody is at fault on this. I can't understand you Norie."

 

 

 


"I know now, Shinhye.."

 

I know now, Shinhye..

 

"What do you know?" I asked her helplessly.


"Jung Yonghwa." She said. "Shinhwa's son caused the accident."

 

I stared at her blankly, there are many times that I would reveal that Yonghwa is the one who made me like this to Norie. But I keep losing confident, because she might do something that will hurt Yonghwa. I don't want Snow to hurt.
I don't want anybody hurt, especially Yonghwa and Norie.
This people were the one who lifted me.

 

"It's okay." I cried at her. "Everything's okay."

 

That's all I can say, that everything for me is okay. I'm not lonely.
I'm not seeking for revenge anymore.
I'm not dragging anyone to hell, like what I used to.
Everything is okay.


"How selfish can be you for yourself, Shinhye.." Norie whispered. "I can't accept the fact that the one who caused you pain and made you lose your goal yet, you chose to love him. You chose to love him and still gave him what's remaining on yourself for him. You still gave him your whole heart when you knew it was shattered in pieces." She smiled painfully. "You still chose to give your everything when you are broken."

 

"Everything is okay. I never regret anything after I chose to give all of me." I cried again, it is so painful in my heart but I can only say everything is okay.

"How selfish can you be, Shinhye.."

"I just wished now Norie that you'll stay by my side and never leave me."


"I won't leave you, but you need to go back to your Mom." Norie said to me. "Maybe Sunhye can comfort you better, your Mom can give you the warmth."

"You are doing it now." I shook my head.


"What was that?" She asked, pertaining on the paper bags.

"I will be a cheerleader for Yonghwa tomorrow." I smiled at her. "Don't be sad, Norie. Like I said, I don't regret a thing after I chose to love him."

"Why do you love him that much?" Norie asked me.

"I have many reasons."

"But why do you keep loving him despite of everything?"

"Loving him is like a cycle." I tried to smile but a tear fell down again. "It will never end."