x

Keep Shining My Star

 

Dying now is really an option for me to end the pain I'm feeling now. Letting my life put to end sounds a completely excuse, a good excuse. I won't be dancing, I won't be able to move the hearts of the people. I'm really nothing now. And maybe if I die right now, no one will come to see me. Maybe they'll be glad because a one nothing person will be erased in the world. One less useless person. I lost the thing I love and treasured the most, and it is forever. FOREVER . I want to end this bad forever now. 


I smirked, I'm staring at the tall buildings, gorgeous lights and the stars above. "Perfect timing to die." I laughed so hard. There's no one on the rooftop of this hospital, I've been here for hours but as expected no one is searching for me. What a life. I reached the metal bar and once again I look around. 


"Oh my god!" I shouted. A guy is staring at me, obviously at my back with a wheel chair on. "I almost died!" I screamed. 


He smirked. "Almost?" 


I sighed in relief, I automatically let my feet on the ground. "You're bothering me." 


"Go on to what you are doing. I won't bother you." He turned backwards and start to roll his wheelchair. 


I didn't let him to lose my focus. I attempted to lift my body and  I am successfully standing at the cement. I just need to push my body and let the forever end. 

 


The guy held my feet and tried to make a move.


I almost shouted in fear. "What the hell are you doing?! Go away!" 

 

I saw him smirking again. "You have the guts to go up there but won't push yourself anyway." He gripped at my feet tighter. "You're afraid to die." 


"What do you know about me?" I shouted. "And I'm not afraid to die. I want to die now!" 


He moved his grip and trying to make me fall. "See? You're afraid."


"Get off my feet and I'll show you." 

 

He loosen his hand as I took a very last breath. "I'm not scared." I let my body fall. 

 

 

 


I let body fall, but a tighter grip on my waist was held and let my body fall on his lap. 

 


I'm gonna admit it, I'm really afraid. I don't want to die now. And I owe this guy for taking the chance to hold my waist, because if not, maybe I'm showering with blood now. 
I'm in pain and how I wanted to end forever now but I'm afraid. 

 

"You're afraid." He softly said. 


"I'm not. As you saw earlier I'm on my way." I lied. 


"I know." 


"Then how's that an act of scariness?" I held up my tone a bit. 

 

"You are afraid so you wanted to die." He looked into my eyes. 


I can feel his sincerity through his sad eyes. It's like seeing mine on his. This guy looks familiar but I don't remember him. 


"How can you be so sure about what you are saying?" I smirked as I lift my head and see summer stars. "You just met me here, how can you be so sure you know what I'm feeling?" 

 

"I know people like you." He said. "And I know a person who completely like you." 


"Maybe that person know how it feels to have nothing, completely nothing." I said, as I close my eyes. "You, do you that feeling?" I smiled at him. "Probably not, you are just here for an injured knee, as I can see." 

 

"I don't know that feeling." 


"I'm being sincere now, thank you." I smiled at him genuinely. At least I have someone to talk to, even in a stranger.  "I really need someone to talk to." 

 

"I don't know that feeling to lose something." He smirked. "Because I just realized I have nothing to lose in the first place. I am the person who completely have nothing." He sincerely said to me. I felt so bad, maybe it's more that a knee injury, or more than that.

 

"Park Shinhye." I reached my hand to him. 


"We're not strangers anymore if I say my name." 


I giggled, I was surprised that at midst of my pain I can still laugh. 


"Life's tough, Park Shinhye." He said to me. "But you have a nice name." 


"At least a thing or two is nice." I said comfortably. "'Life wasn't a fairytale, I  know that enough." 


"Glad you know, because I hate people who actually smiles every time like they are living very good." 


"I hate that too." I smiled. "But I'm smiling now. So I think I hate myself." 


"You're smiling, but crying inside." He said and smiled. 


"Same as you." I said. "So, tell me why are you here?"


"In the hospital or here at the rooftop late at night?" 


"If you can answer both then you may." I stared at his lonely eyes.


"Car accident, ligaments from my knees to ankles are torn." He smiled again. "Second, I'm here at the rooftop because of-- can you guess?"


"Maybe you're trying to kill yourself too." I laughed. 


"Wrong answer and I can kill myself a hundred ways except falling here." 


"Fresh air?"


"Nearer."  


I take a look at the rooftop and there's nothing nearer than the wind. 


"Take a look above." He said to me. 


Summer stars

 

"That's the only thing that will never leave you. I'm sure of that." He sincerely said while mesmerizing the stars above. 


I was stuck in admiration about him. "You're right."


"Even the world and inside it left you, there are stars outside that will never give up on you." He maneuvered his wheel chair. "I'm going now since I'm sure you wouldn't kill yourself."

 

I didn't respond, but my eyes are all on him. This guy is completely like me. I can see the sadness in his eyes, I can feel the tears inside him. 

 

 


"Jung Yonghwa." He said last.