An Offer

Mesmerized

"Trust is for fools. Fear is the only reliable way.

              ~Azula, Avatar: The Last Airbender


If Tiffany had already knew Taeyeon's attraction to her, she, most definitely, would not have come. But, being she never acknowledged her, she was completely oblivious of Yuri's doings and followed her to the house. 

What caught her attention about this Taeyeon was that her drawing was nothing she had ever seen. Of course she knew the the picture was, no doubt, her, but it's not everyday a stranger draws a portrait of her with such detail. Had she still been the School's Angel, maybe it would be a normal occurrence. But, no, everybody's scared of her now and she liked it that way. Most of the time at least.

Tiffany snapped out of her daze due to the shuffling and packing of things from the girl in front of her. Why did this girl even bother drawing such a thing? Had she known Tiffany was coming today? 

Truth be told, Taeyeon didn't know why she was attracted to Tiffany so much. Sure there other pretty girls and hot guys she had chances with, even she had a chance with Jessica, but it wasn't the same. Besides, what could she be thinking? Dating somebody at the age of ten? That was crazy talk and it's not like Tiffany would even consider her anyway. 

Taeyeon stood up slowly from her spot and slung her bag over her shoulder, "Err, you don't have to stay here. I'm sure Yuri is too busy with Jessica, anyway..."

That caught Tiffany off gaurd, who is she to tell her what to do? But she was right. What is she going to do in someone else's backyard by herself? "Why did you draw me?" 

Tiffany flinched at her own bluntness. The question wasn't supposed to come out like that.

"I, uh, I didn't know else what to draw so...yeah." And Taeyeon mentally slapped herself. Smooth, Taeng. Smooth.

"So you drew me?" 

"Well, I- No."

"So that's not me?" 

"It is, but I-"

"You're being stupid here. Just explain in full sentences, please?" The impulsive Tiffany was back and she was getting it her way. 

Taeyeon was speechless. What was she supposed to say? Confess to Tiffany right there? No, she can't do that. That would be stupid. Ugh.

Taeyeon's brain was in overdrive. Her heart rate multiplied and she breathed heavily.

This didn't go unnoticed by Tiffany and she was getting uneasy by the strange girl's behavior.

"I'll make you a deal." Taeyeon winced at the crack of her voice. 

"Huh?" What was this girl talking about? Tiffany had no clue. Honestly, neither did Taeyeon.

"I'll tell you why I drew you if you promise to befriend me." 

"What kind of deal is that? Why would I want to be your friend?" That came out ruder than Tiffany wanted it too, but she didn't really want to open up to another person. Her group of friends were enough already or so she thought.

"I just want to know you better..." Taeyeon fidgeted. She was going to melt under Tiffany's gaze.

"Well I don't feel the same way. So goodbye." And Tiffany just walked out. The reason for that portrait of her would have to wait. No way was she going to try and trust someone else for such a frivolous cause.

"Why not? What's wrong with trusting people?" Taeyeon invaded Tiffany's thoughts. 

Tiffany stopped in her tracks. What the hell? Was Taeyeon a mind reader? How did she...?

"You were thinking out loud, y'know." Taeyeon didn't know where she got the courage to speak so smoothly, but she was thankful that she did. 

"Look, I don't know what's you problem, but I don't want to be your friend. Sorry, but I don't just trust anyone." Tiffany spoke through her gritted teeth. Irritated, she finally exited the backyard, leaving the guilty and dissapointed Taeyeon alone.

The said girl sat back down under the large tree and muttered incoherent curses. 

"I'm guessing it didn't go well?" Yuri popped back in after taking care of Jessica's 'tragedy.'

"What do you think?"

"Well, what happened?"

"I really don't wanna talk right now."

"Why not? If I know what happens, I can make another plan to get you guys talking again." Yuri plucked a flower from the lowest tree branch and fiddled with the stem.

"I don't need your help with this, Yul. Things have gotten worst because of you and this sudden meeting."

Hurt was apparent in Yuri's eyes and Taeyeon guiltier realizing what she had just said, but she really didn't want anybody meddling in her own business.

"Fine. Be that way, Taeng, but when we're high school and you still haven't had the chance to ask her out, let alone talk to her, don't coming crawling for my help." And the very angry Yuri stomped back into the house.

Taeyeon sighed and facepalmed. What a peaceful evening this turned out to be. She adjusted her bag's shoulder strap and followed her disgruntled cousin in.

Later that night, Taeyeon laid in her bed, thinking about what had happened. It occurred to her that she was being rather irrational and rash, but there was nothing she could do now. What in the world was she thinking? A deal with Tiffany? What's that supposed to mean? Taeyeon had no clue what she was trying to do when she made that offer, but she knew it wasn't a smart move. What makes her think that she can get into THE Tiffany Hwang's inner circles? 

Taeyeon shook her head and shut her eyes. She was hoping that TIffany would forget what happened and never confront her in school about this. 

Unfortunately, that didn't happen. The next day, Taeyeon stepped out of the school bus and inhaled deeply. There she was, Tiffany Hwang, arms crossed and leaning on the school fence, waiting for Taeyeon.

Taeyeon tried to ignore her and continue talking to Yuri and Hyoyeon, but nobody ignores TIffany. Nobody. 

"Kim!" TIffany pushed through the flow of students and grabbed the other girl's arm, pulling her out into a clear area.

"Hey!" Taeyeon tried to break free and reach out to Yuri for help, but her cousin only stood there and smirked.

"I was thinking about your offer from yesterday." That stopped Taeyeon from struggling. 

"W-what?" Taeyeon choked out.

"Your offer. About us becoming friends..." Just saying these words made her cringe. "Maybe I'll agree to it."

Taeyeon stood there, not moving, not breathing, not blinking and definitely not talking.

Tiffany, on the other hand, was shuffling awkwardly. She wasn't sure what came over her, but after a call from Yuri last night when she arrived home, she decided that she'd give this kid a chance. Besides, she always thought her other friends were too wild and spontaneous for her liking. She needed something new. Something fresh. Something calming. 

But she couldn't stand that lack of response from this girl, so she scoffed, rolled her eyes and said, "Whatever, your such a waste of time." 

And she walked off, continuing her cool facade and tried to hide her pout with her normal smirk. 

Taeyeon, who finally digested Tiffany's words, stared dumbfounded at the receding girl's back. "Gahhhh!" 

She hit her forehead against a metal pole next to her, causing and sharp pain to enter her and attention from the surrounding students.

"Stupid Taeng. The chance you get with her and you screw up! What's wrong with me?!" Taeyeon applied pressure to her head and tiredly walked her way to the school entrance.

The other students' attention reverted away from her and she hoped that no one heard what she said. 

Little did she know, Jessica from a distance away, saw everything. She could only wish she was in TIffany's place, as she thought, Why does Tiffany get everything I want? First, the top popularity spot and, now, Taeyeon? She sighed and followed the other students in the building. "Taeyeon, can't you see that I'm better than her?"