Colors

Mesmerized

The colors of paint splashed on the paper as Taeyeon was creating a masterpiece in their 5th grade art class. Barely anyone understood the true meaning of her art but they all admired it. Look at this. Isn't it pretty? Wow, so unique. Cool, you're really talented. That's what they would all say. But it wasn't just a triangle or a square or some deformed pentagon. It was what Taeyeon felt. If she felt frustrated and annoyed, she'd paint red, pink and orange. But the majority of her works were blue, purple, white and green. They were colors of serenity and calmness. The only thing is, her seat in art class was two seats away from Tiffany's. That affected her to paint pink, lavender, white, and yellow. Those were cheerful and blissful colors. 

Today, she was painting black and gray. Tiffany was absent today and she felt like the day was only going to drag on for an eternity. No Tiffany, sad Taeyeon. That's how it worked. But people still marveled at her sad and dull work, even if it was boring to Taeyeon herself. She never hung up her gray pieces and she was never proud of them. They always reminded her of sadness and loneliness. 

The next day, Taeyeon sat under the cherry blossom tree again and started to draw, as always. Her mind wandered into happy thoughts and smiles. The pencil was delicately moved around the paper. Two dark curves, a perfectly molded nose, a bright and cheery smile. Taeyeon then looked down. She was intrigued by her own work, but she knew who it was. She didn't need the the hair or the shape of the face to recognize just who she had drawn, for she had memorized every feature of this face for years. Tiffany Hwang, that's who she drew. 

And speaking of the devil, she just so happened to be walking towards her, Yuri at her side. 

"Sup, Taeng!" Yuri bounced over with an uneasy Tiffany trailing behind. 

"I'd like you to meet Tiffany. Well, everybody knows Tiffany. You've guys probably already met before, haven't you?" Yuri glanced at Taeyeon and Tiffany. 

Taeyeon's eyes were enlarged and Tiffany was standing awkwardly as if feeling out of place. 

The atmosphere got awkward fast and Yuri just knew this was not going to work out. Ugh, why does she have to do all the work? 

"So, Tiffany, can you tell more about Jessica?" Yuri sat down next to Taeyeon.

Tiffany then rolled her eyes in annoyance. "I told you already, Yuri. We're not friends anymore."

"Why? What happ-"

"TAENG!!!" Hyoyeon, Taeyeon's best friend, came rushing down the grass field and screaming incoherent words. "JASHIKEWFERLINDACUCOMBAFEWL"

"HYO, CALM DOWN. What happened?" Taeyeon got up and patted Hyoyeon's back.

"Jessica fell in the cucumber field."

"WHAT?!" Yuri rose from her seat and took Hyoyeon's hand, rushing to the demon field of cucumbers. Nothing hurts her Jessica, not even vegetables. 

This left Taeyeon silent again. She was trying not to look up at the standing Tiffany and she was trying to flip over her picture. 

"Is that a picture of me?" Tiffany was amazed now. What a detailed picture.