The Divorce

A SEPARATION
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 2

 

“Excuse me?” She asked, giving him a deathly glare that makes him feel like praying for an earthquake to swallow him whole.

 

He avoided her dramatic eyes and gradually he lean against his desk and gave her a smug smile. It hurts him to smile at her that way. It hurts him deep, too deep and he felt like bursting into a horrid phase of tears in front of her. He might look as calm and as tranquil as an ocean at that particular moment but deep within he feels like a volcano that might be bursting any second now. He looked at her deeply as if he never looked at her before and of course, his gaze on her was obvious enough to draw her attention towards his act.

 

She’s a little guilty for making him feel so hurt but serves him right, he’s the one who actually neglected her and his responsibility as a husband. It seems that she has went an eternity for him and it seems that it has been ages that they smiled at each other and it seems that their recent kisses has turned into a history and it’s already ancient.

 

Seohyun frowns at the way he looked at her after a few moments. She has never seen her husband, correction, Jung Yonghwa; her current lawyer, ex-husband to be, gave her such a look before. His gaze seems to be filled with sorrow and stuffed up with regrets. Seohyun could actually read those but decided that she shouldn’t be a softie on him and allowed him to be forgiven by her for neglecting her.

 

“Have you thought about this over Joohyun-ah?”

 

“Excuse me, Oppa? I mean, Jung, Mr. Jung, as far as I’m concern, you have no right to question your client’s wish.” She said getting pretty teary eyed while she shot him an angry look.

 

“Yes but still.”

“Still what?” She murmured, trembling slightly as he reached out for her hands across the desk.

 

“Still, I need to know.” Yonghwa answered solemnly, forgetting that they’re in the middle of a business matter. Seohyun frowned and pulled her hands away from him angrily. He clasps his lips together and looked at her intently. He still can’t believe that she’s being so cruel towards him at that particular moment. He knew that he deserves it but surely, he hopes that she still has a little mercy for him, just a little mercy.

 

“Who are you to question me like that?! You don’t need to know my personal matters, you’re just my lawyer Mr. Jung!” She cried out, blasting into horrifying anger. She glared at him, raging with unsettled emotions.

 

Yonghwa looked at her softly and sighed, feeling guilty for making her feel upset yet again. He nodded solemnly without relying to her anger.

“I’m sorry.” He apologized from the bottom of his heart.

 

 “No apologizes asked or needed.” She said coldly, and gulped down her own saliva while looking at Yonghwa in a very disgusted manner.

 

“Hyun, look, I.” He said, grabbing her hand again, holding her somehow cold hands in his own, trying to say something to her but it was much too late.

 

“Hands off of me, mister or I’ll sue you for harassing me!” She cried out painfully, and looked away from Yonghwa. She pushed his hands away, despite of her desire to hold his hands again. How she missed having his hands warming hers but everything is history now.

 

He was stunned yet again, with her heartless words. She was using ‘Law’ to go against him. He gulped down his saliva as if he was gulping his own blood. Never did he expect that ‘Law and Orders’ would hurt him so much, especially when law and rules is used by his own wife, Seo Joohyun against him.

 

Yonghwa was terribly hurt. When he’s finally through with this matter, he swore that he’d never step into any law firm at all. He looked at his wife who is shivering in front of him. He wanted to embrace her so much and keep her warm but he knew that he wouldn’t be

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter