The Regrets

A SEPARATION
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter 1

 

Yonghwa’s head was flat onto his desk. His neat clothing seems to be a lot of bother to him and he feels so restless. There are glint of tears in the corner of his eyes and when he saw some of the handwritten law journal on his desk, he pushed them away in a very helpless and frustrated manner and cleared things up from his desk, making it look empty. He hates the sight of the thick, lifeless and emotionless books there. He’s truly heartbroken at the moment and they could do nothing to ease his suffering.

 

The only thing that’s left on his table was the picture of Seohyun lying on his lap playfully.

 

He smiled crazily to himself, half-insane.

 

The picture was taken a one year ago and now, all of the sweet moments are gone. He realized that he has lost his most valuable possession that he ever own, which is his one and only wife.

 

Tears swelled up in his eyes while the little smile on his pink plump lips fades away. He’s regretting every single thing that he did now; he’s truly regretting his irresponsible deeds. He knew that he shouldn’t have neglected Seohyun, his sweet loving and sensitive wife. How rueful he felt at the moment but he knew that no apology he uttered could compensate Seohyun’s pain.

 

The messy journal below was such a disturbance and he felt like burning his ten years of hard work to ashes for making him lose her. To the trash can with the law journal, to the dust bin with the law that he practice. His wife wants to divorce him now and there’s nothing he could do about it. It’s his entire fault. He has become too obsessed with court cases that he has somehow forgotten that he has a responsibility at home where his wife will wait for him each day and night for him to come home.

 

 

Every day, she’ll prepare him some delicious meals and he has never come back too early to sip some appetizing, warm soup that she cooked for him. Even when he promised a ‘Date’ with her, he’ll arrive too late that she’s already limp in the couch, waiting for him all night.

 

He knew that he deserves to be divorced by her and though he doesn’t consent to, it Seohyun has the right to stop loving him as he has never show zealous affection towards her ever since they’re married. He knew that she went through a lot for him. He’s fully aware that she should end her suffering.

 

Yonghwa’s manly tears dropped onto his cheeks and allowed it to flow in unison onto his messy desk shamelessly. He’s a lawyer and he’s troubled now. He can’t help himself out of trouble, even though it’s in his power to do so. She’s divorcing him on that particular day and there’s nothing he could do to stop her from doing so. He loved her too much and knew that he’d have to release her and spare her from the bad days that he gave her ever since they were married.

 

She’s probably in his colleague’s room at the moment, discussing on the procedures. Yonghwa’s stares at the door wordlessly, gulping his own saliva down his throat as he felt the pain of the thoughts that’s lingering in his messy mind. He ruffled his brown hair awfully and slammed his head onto the table yet again, causing his forehead to turn blue and purplish but the pain of the bruise is in comparison of a lonely and destructive foreshadow that flashed into his mind.

 

He’s feeling empty without her already. He realized that he couldn’t live without her at all. He felt that his life is depending on her, his wife, his one and only wife. He realized that he was wrong for not being thankful for what he possessed before and now, it’ll be gone in a minute or two, just in a flick of eyes. He admitted to himself that he was indeed an insensitive husband.

 

He cried silently without any voices of sorrow coming out from his mind. It’s indeed painful, not being able to scream out the pain and sorrow deep within.

 

Yonghwa cried over and over again. How he wished he had been more caring and less workaholic. How he wished he spend more time with her and how he wish that she’s back in his arms again.

 

He can’t help but remain irrelevant at the moment. His unspoken emotions are too strong to keep him from acting rationally rather than acting as a lawyer should be, rational. To h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter