Chapter 4,

The Neighbor.

Yawning deeply, I grab my house keys out of my pocket and insert it into the key hole. Moving slowly I push my way through the threshold, dropping my purse and shopping bag on the floor, causing it to make a slight 'thud' as the material hit the hardwood. I was half way to my room when I hear a knock on the door, confused I looked at the time 

1:03am

Who in thier right mind was coming to my door at one in the morning?  Slightly intrigued and irritated,  I sauntered my way to the door, despite my knowing better, I opened the door with out looking through the peephole. An energized Chanyeol,  suave Kris, and shy Kyungsoo was looking back at me. I totally didnt understand why they were there until the sweet and tasty smell of food hit my nose, simultaneously causing my stomach to growl,  and making me remember how terribly famished I was. 

"You never came to the restaurant, " Chanyeol said, while he walked past me, entering my flat.  I stood there at the door dazed at what was happening as Chanyeol continued.

"Since you never came for your food, so Hyung and Kyungsoo decided to bring it to you, "  Chanyeol said as he placed two bags of take out on my kitchen counter.

"Chanyeol,  you cant just walk into her flat with out being invited," Kris said as he gave the younger a stern look.

"Yeah, but Hyung it's Auna, she doesnt mind if we come in, right Dongsaeng?" Chanyeol question me, with a big smile that was forever plastered onto his face. I nodded at him and turned to Kris and Kyungsoo, 

"It's alright really, here, you guys come in as well, don't just stand in the hall," I said, opening the door wider and stepping to the side to let the older males in.

"Auna, why didnt you come  to the restaurant after your shift tonight? " Chanyeol asked as he got a  crisp and sparkling white square plate out if the upper kitchen cabinet, and placing it on the white granite countertop. 

"Ah, because I only just got home. My shift ended at 10, but we got a new shipment in, and it took almost two hours to take invetory and to hang all the clothing.  "I explained  to the men, now sitting in my living room.  They all nodded in understanding,  when Kyungsoo,  who was sitting next to me, looked over at me,

"I'm sorry we came over so late too, the restaurant closed at 12, but Chanyeol never told us he promised you food, so I made you some after we already cleaned up, and then we had to clean that mess up too..."Kyungsoo said, while breaking our eye contact,

"Oh, I'm so sorry, you guys didn't have to go through all that trouble just to feed me, " I said , feeling terrible that Kyungsoo had to dk so much extra work after already working a long day.

"It was no trouble at all Auna, so stop apologizing, " Chanyeol said as he walked out of the kitchen and twards us, and whilr handing me a plateful of food,

"And eat up, before it gets cold," he continued.   Chanyeol then went back into the kitchen and came out with more plates for the other two and himself.

"I hope you dont mind, but we havent eaten yet ethier," Chanyeol said, just miliseconds before he shoveled a mouthful of food into his mouth, filling his cheeks , turning them into round balls. I softly laughed as I took another bite of food,

"Ugh, Kyungsoo,  this food is amazing,  thank you again for making it,"

The latter slightly blushed at the compliment and nodded his head, lightly saying a ' youre welcome' before he too, dug into his food. 

For the next hour, we all exchanged words, enjoying the conversation and the food. Not before long, my eyes were getting heavy, as I yawned another deep yawn, becoming obvious that I was beyond tierd. 

"Yah, Auna, you should just go to sleep now, we'll leave now too, its already late anyways," Kris said while poking my forehead and slightly chuckling at my tierd face and lack of facial response, 

"Kris, its already past 2 in the morning, and you guys all live at least 30 minutes away, you guys can just crash here tonight," I said yawning mid sentence. 

"No, Auna,  we dont want to be intrusive, " Kris said but I cut him off, not taking no for an answer I looked at them ,

"Youre not intruding,  and you guys are staying,  I have an air mattress and the couch is huge," I stated while walking off twards the hall closet, to get the air mattress and air . I could hear Kris' s distinct sigh of acceptance, and Kyungsoo and Chanyeol's soft chuckles of how easily thier hyung gave in to my logic and request. 

 

 

15 minutes later, all the boys were tucked into their own sleeping places, kris  and kyungsoo on the queen sized air mattress, and  Chanyeol on the couch. Goodnight's were spoken all around, leaving me to slip into my own bed room, closing the door. Imediately I stripped myself of the clothes that had been restricting me all day, and got into an oversized worn in black tshirt that landed slightly above mid thigh, and pulled my hair out of the bun it had been encased in all day as well. Without a second thought, I face planted into the sheets, letting sleep come over me.

 

 

 

The next morning I woke up to the sound of movement out side my door and the faint smell of food. I took a deep breath,  and sat up in bed, and sighed deeply. After mentally convincing myself,  I rolled out of bed and into the bathroom that was attached to my room, and took a quick shower, waking myself up, before getting dressed and leaving my room. As I near the kitchen, the sound clanking and sizzling of food gets louder, along with the aroma, and the voice of whoever is singing.  

"Goodmorning Auna !" Chanyeol's deep morning voice boomed out to me, smiling I  return the greeting,  and sit on the bar stool , leaning on the counter to get a better look of whats being made.

"Yeollie,  I didn't know you could cook too," I said slightly surprised by the sight infront of me,

"I'm not great at it, but sometimes I have to help out in the kitchen at the restaurant , so I have a little ability, " Chanyeol said while a small smirk played upon his lips. After a second of watching him, I realized that it was actually quite, considering there was supposed to be two more males present. I turned around to facr the livingroom, and realized the air mattress was no where to be seen, along with Kris and Kyungsoo. 

"Where are the guys?" I asked the older male in front of me, completely puzzled as to where they had went.

"Hyung had work, and Kyungsoo had promised to go to out with Lay Hyung and Kai today, and today is my day off so im free," Chanyeol said, I could only nod in acceptance.  I was about to say something when Chanyeol continued, 

"Oh also Auna, I have a friend that lives in this building,  so I was wondering if it would be okay to invite him over for breakfast as well? He's new to London, and doesnt know alot of people yet," I thought about it for a minute,  and decided it would be okay, since Chanyeol was here also, and it would be nice to get to know the neighbors,  since I wasnt close to any of them, even though ive lived in the building for almost 2 years.

"Yeah Chanyeol,  that's fine, " as soon as those words left my mouth there was a knock at my front door. I instantly shot him a look, causing the latter to shrug,  and flash his wide smile, and go on to say,

"Good, because I already invited him over," 

Chanyeol walked to the door, while he was reaching for the handle it dawned on me that I was bare faced with frizzed out post shower hair. Before Chanyeol's guest could get the chance to see me, I had already rushed into my room, with the door closed behind me. I sat down in front of the mirror and slathered on a thin layer of mousse foundation, followed by setting it with powder. I decided I should wear light makeup,  as I could hear Chanyeol and his friend conversing out side my room. I decided to opt for thin eyeliner and a thick coat of mascara,  making my eyes pop in a natural looking way, and threw on a mauve matte lip color . As always,  I redefined my eyebrows with a black eyebrow pencil, and threw my slightly longer than shoulder length hair into a fashionable top knot, with a few thin  pieces hanging out, framing my face. I checked my self in the mirror, I had on a slightly lighter than medium wash slim cut Jean with a loose fitting 1/2 sleeve dark grey tshirt.  Deciding that my looks was allowable,  I made my way out to the livingroom,  to meet Chanyeol and his friend,  who id supposedly one of my neighbors.  He said he was new to London, I wonder if he was the one the other residents were talking about? 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

_________

Finally a real update!  In the upcomming chapters  itll really start to pick up, and the chemistry between Jonghyun and Auna will start to unfold!

Help prevent writers block!

How do you think the first real encounter between Auna and Jjong should go?

Should the have a rocky start, be awkward,  or hit it off instantly? 

Please comment,  subscribe,  and if youre feeling generous,  upvote !

Thank you for reading this far!

Xoxo