Chapter Three

Daydreamer

It was Wednesday. Her favorite day of the week. Classes had been cancelled due to storms and she was in no mood to go to the café. She started going less and less after her encounter with Jaejoong less than a week ago.

‘Was she crazy?’ she thought to herself. She clearly knew what a stalker or psychopath was. But it never occurred to her that her actions matched theirs. Now she realized how Taemin felt when she rejected him.

It felt like being slapped in the face.

Pouring herself a bowl of cereal, she sat at the island and thought. She had no life. Her only two close friends consisted of Yunho and Boa, and she rarely got together with either of them. She wasn’t a big fan of talking on the phone, unless it was for less than ten minutes. Yeonhee had dedicated all of her time to finishing school and watching Jaejoong. How did it end up like this?

Then there was a knock on the door.

Yeonhee and her mother hardly ever had any guests, especially at 9:30 in the morning. Yunho was supposed to drop by today and pick up his dog, but he would ring the doorbell.

“Jaejo—” was all Yeonhee was able to get out before muscled arms forcefully embraced her body. It was Jaejoong. He was soaking wet. And shaking.

Yeonhee, unsure of what to do in this situation, reached her right arm around and slowly rubbed his back in circular motions. This closeness was something new to her. The devil of her would have been grateful that Jaejoong was in her apartment hugging her.

But the angel had one her over. Jaejoong had come because he needed someone to talk to. And she was willing to help.

One Year Later

“Are you sure this looks okay?” Yeonhee asked, giving a slow 360in front of the large mirror. Boa had forcefully taken her shopping earlier, and the outfit she picked out for her date was a bit formfitting.

Her date. The words sounded funny in . Jaejoong was taking her out on their first date. Technically, it wasn’t a date. He was going to take her to his apartment and cook dinner for her as a thank you for everything she’s done for him. But she liked to call it a date, considering the fact that they had their moments.

Boa insisted that looks were everything on the first date. That is why she was swindled into wearing a form fitting blue cotton mini skirt along with a white blouse that was tucked into the skirt. To make sure she wasn’t taller than him, Boa had her wear sandals with only a two inch wedge. This outfit was extremely revealing compared to the jeans and tee shirts she usually threw on.

“You look great,” Boa complimented, rising from the bed she was sitting on. “Now let me fix your hair a little more,” she said, reaching her fingers up. But then there was a knock on the door. They stared at each other, eyes wide and frantic.

“You go and get the door,” Boa commanded, giving me a hard shove. “He doesn’t know who I am.”

Her heels clicked against the everlasting tile as she eagerly jogged for the door. The familiar warm feeling was returning and she soon felt butterflies in her stomach. ‘Calm down, you’re only eating dinner’, her concious warned. And that only provocted her to think about all of the ways she could choke and embarrass herself while eating.

“Oppa,” she breathed, not at all surprised to see Jaejoong standing on her porch.

He looked stunning. He wore a simple black v-neck and jeans along with flip flops. This caused Yeonhee to suddenly feel pathetic and over-dressed. What was she thinking? Jaejoong would never like her. The looks she over-calculated were only friendly fondness.

“You look amazing. Are you ready?” he asked, gesturing to his car that was parked a few floors down.

He complimented her. He rarely said things like this. And when he did, it was only when he literally meant it.

Yeonhee bit her lip, her cheeks soon turning pink. “I have to get my bag,” she replied. “You can come in.”

As soon as Yeonhee was out of his vision, she dashed to her room in a hurry to find Boa. “I can’t do this,” she whispered loudly.

“Yes you can. Now hurry! I’ll be waiting here when you get back,” Boa replied, handing Yeonhee her purse. Taking a deep breath, she walked back to the living room where Jaejoong was seated.

“Let’s go,” he said, grabbing her hand. Yeonhee looked at him in question. But he just looked back at her and smiled.

Seeing that smile burned away all her fears and doubts of this night. Yeonhee squeezed his calloused hand, showing that she was happy. Because she really was happy.

Maybe this is a first date afterall.  

~Hi everyone. I know that the ending is kind of lacking. But it sounded really great in my head! Anyways, I hope you enjoyed it :P