Maktub ~ Part 4

CNSD Drabble/One Shot Collection~

            '' What hurts us is what heals us”
Paulo Coelho Aleph

 

 

 

For the next two days,  Seohyun was determined to elicit more responses from Yonghwa. She wanted him to talk and get the load of his chest. Even if he wanted to scold her, yell at her, she could take it.

Now only if he would talk!

So, she bombarded him with questions like she was playing ‘Who Wants To Be A Millionaire ? ‘ .

But really, if only he would open his mouth!

She would sit on the foot of his bed while he stared at the ceiling with passive eyes , snapping her fingers she would start in that false, cheery MC voice.

 

‘’Jung Yonghwa-ssi , is your favourite musician still Bon Jovi? Don’t you think Robbie Williams is more awesome?  ‘’

 

He momentarily looked up at her but withdrew his gaze before she could notice.

The next day she again barged into his room where he was being fed by the nurse .

 

‘’Yonghwa- ssi , who do you think should win the next World Cup ? Apart from our Korean team ? ‘

 

He ignored her .

The same evening she came with a signed caricature of her in rock clothes.

 

’ Yong oppa see this . We just filmed a music video in Japan where my unnies and I were playing musical instruments. Do you think Sonyu Shidae should go the rock way? Then we can collaborate with CNBlue too ?

 

He looked at his bed.

She sighed , but set the caricature aside and went to buy her dinner.

Twenty minutes later, she returned with 2 helpings of Rice Cake Broth which were one of his favourites.

She began her monologue again, while eating. The bowl in front of him , untouched .

 

‘’ – HongKong dramas are so different from our Korean dramas. They expect a different feel from the lead pair. Oppa help, you have filmed so many hit dramas. Give me some pointers!! ‘’

 

She tried some aegyo hoping he would atleast blink his eyes.

Why is he playing mute?!

 

 

~~ *****~~

 

Yonghwa was resting when Minhyuk and Jungshin came to visit . He knew the members were very busy trying to fill in his gap.

‘’Hyung do you feel any better? ‘’ , Minhyuk asked happilly while Jungshin gave him a slight squeeze on the hands.

Yonghwa didn’t answer but instead followed his gaze towards the life like caricature of her  , his dongsaengs following his line of sight too.

‘’So where is Seohyun? ‘’ (Jungshin)

‘’Hyung are you okay with her around? ‘’ (Minhyuk)

Was he okay with her around? Her presence certainly did uplift his mood even if he didn’t want to admit it . He couldn’t let the past go but having her in the present was nice .

‘’Hyung, won’t you talk to us? Forgive me for putting you through this . It happened because of me’’ , Jungshin sobbed as he knelt before his brother.

Something flickered inside Yonghwa as he clicked his tongue and motioned Minhyuk to make Jungshin stand up.

‘’Yah, do you think hyung would be happy if you were on the hospital bed like this?’’

‘’But-‘’

‘’No buts. I was just playing the big brother. I am responsible for you guys as well. Don’t worry I’ll be okay ‘’ , he smiled at the youngest , ‘’ and make you my personal slave for the next 2 years’’ .

They chat about work and when the maknaes are about to leave , they take turns to click selcas with Seohyun’s caricature , stopping when they catch their hyung’s grimace .

‘’If you guys are done, then- ‘’ , Yonghwa gestured the two of them towards the door while clicked a final picture and grinned at their leader.

‘’Alright. Fine ! ‘’ , Minhyuk grinned and opened the door for Jungshin to pass through.

‘’Hyung want me to take this home? ‘’ , Jungshin lnked his arms with the caricature but quickly unhooked it as he saw the leader’s lips iron out in a grimace , ‘’ Ey I was joking, but please hyung, don’t be too harsh on her ‘’ .

‘’ has she been saying something?’’’

‘’Not really, but I can judge her by the efforts she has been making. She is making amends’’.

‘’Amends? I can’t control my mind when I see her, everything replays itself Jungshina . Seeing her hurts my heart. –‘’

‘’Hyung, hajima!’’

‘’I wish I lost my memories somehow’’ , he stated while his eyes were fixated on the female’s giant cut out.

Jungshin gave the leader a defeated shrug as he watched a nurse walk in to give him his daily injections.

 

 

~~*****~~

 

Seohyun sat outside in the dim corridor, her heart clenching with helplessness. She had forgotten to empathise with him all this while . Was his hurt her fault?

She looked beyond the curtains and found him to be asleep.

Walking silently , she sat besides him and stared at his face covered with band aids.

Yes, his bandaged insides were her fault.

After what seemed like a long time, she finally found her voice.

 

"Oppa , do you remember that day  when you had gave me those red roses ? you found me near our Tokyo dorm that night. I'm Sorry i lied  to you, I should have never,  I should have been courageous to accept what I had felt that day.  Oppa I realised that day, that I had fallen for you. No cameras , no crew watching, just you and me.  I still have those roses pressed in my diary, they still smell the same to me .

Do you remember our duet in Nagoya? that was my answer to your roses . But were your roses a confession ? I had so many wishes and dreams with you. But they crashed when I saw you and Shinhye  unnie together. Everytime you met me, you used to flash a smile at me or ruffle my hair. I believed that you loved me everytime you smiled at me . But soon after your performance, it was Shinhye unnie who used to be sprinting towards your room to cheer you on.

I couldn’t take it anymore, i couldn’t see you and her anymore. I couldn’t see myself cry every day.  I knew I would confess soon, I wasn’t afraid of your rejection and  Unnie knew that I loved you. I was happy to leave you that video of me singing that Britney Spears song, remember you used to tease me so much about it?

I had to leave soon , leave you .

 You mean more to me than best friend. Yong oppa  , I couldn't fix it and I can’t fix it now  . I should have talked to her , she would have understood ,  but i couldn't  and  I felt so weak. I didn't want to lose you , I could have make it possible that I stay in your life as best friend ,  but  I was selfish  .I left you because I was not able to take it anymore I couldn't accept the fact that you will always be my best friend only . I couldn't see you with Shinhye unnie  . I wanted you to be with me,  to free myself from this pain I gave you pain ,I left you and i blame myself . It was my fault that i fall in love with you  , we were never for each other ,  we were supposed to be only best friends.

Nothing more Yonghwa .  But I wouldn't give up this time  i wouldn't leave you now ever again.. I would be always with you... you want me to be as your best friend I  would be your best friend.. Yong oppa  I will not let you down this time.

I really love you Yong oppa , please come back to me ‘’ .

She wiped her tears and touched the tips of his fingers before leaving .

After making sure that he was alone, Yonghwa opened his eyes .

 

 

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

A/N :

Hello people :)  the next update will be the end of Maktub series .

Thank you for the upvotes and all those who subscribed :)

feedback is appreciated!