Maktub ~ Part 2

CNSD Drabble/One Shot Collection~

'' The master says: “Make use of every blessing that God gave you today. A blessing cannot be saved. There is no bank where we can deposit blessings received, to use them when we see fit. If you do not use them, they will be irretrievably lost. God knows that we are creative artists when it comes to our lives. On one day, he gives us clay for sculpting, on another, brushes and canvas, or a pen. But we can never use clay on our canvas, nor pens in sculpture. Each day has its own miracle. Accept the blessings, work, and create your minor works of art today. Tomorrow you will receive others.”

- Paulo Coelho ; The Alchemist

 

 

 

Her eyes hadn’t been dry ever since she read that email from Shinhye. Her shoulders were slumped and lips curved in a downward frown. It had been excruciating to decide on going or not. One phonecall from Hyoyeon had made her get on a plane and see him.

 

Flashback

 

She had packed and unpacked her luggage atleast 5 times. The magnetic pull of her homeland was tugging at her soul, asking her to come, yet she wanted to stay back in Hongkong, making her new life overpower her decisions and not cloud her judgement.

Her eyes landed on the email, she had opened on her phone. Lips trembling at the rising emotions that were clogging her chest.

Exhaling, she dialled a number.

Hello!! Seohyunaaaaaa ,  the voice , an octave higher than her exclaimed in delight ,  omooo so you finally remembered your unnie?

Unnie! Jjal jinaesseyo? I really missed you , she tearfully replied.

Hey! We are all well! What about you? And are you crying? Good. You should cry for forgetting about your unnies.

A soft sob escaped Seohyun’s lips.

Hey hey hey..now don’t make me feel guilty for making you cry our pumpkin. Here talk to Yuri , she’s been pinching my side ever since I took your name. And don’t cry! , Hyoyeon soothingly pacified the maknae and handed  over the receiver to Yuri.

Seohyun controlled her sobs, she didn’t want a panic attack from her eight older sisters. It was bad enough to listen to their nagging when she would consult and confirm recipes and ways to clean a sauce stain. She was their baby after all.

But could she divulge her sorrows with them?

Seohyunaa, uri maknae are you okay? Wae ulgo? Uljimaaa. Do you want us to visit you? Want us to come to Hongkong? , Yuri’s loving voice made Seohyun smile.

Unnie, I’m not crying. I just- I’m coming to Seoul.

You’re finally coming here? Is everything okay? Is this about- Wait do you even know about this?

Yes, I received an email from –

*she’s coming here , for you know who*

Seohyun heard Yuri whisper to Hyoyeon.

She heard the receiver being rattled about and suddenly it was Tiffany and Jessica who were frantically whispering who would talk to her first.

Yah, put it on speaker you morons!! , Taeyon intervened and pressed the button.

A slight chuckle escaped Seohyun’s lips.

Hearing her unnies bicker and snap at each other was music to the maknae’s ears. She just enjoyed how Hyoyeon and Taeyon would have a shouting match, and Sooyoung and Yoona would actually sit down with popcorns as if they were watching a movie. And after the elder two realised they were being watched, they would always nag the two gluttons for co relating everything in their life with food.

Seohyuna, are you sure you want to come? I mean we all want you to come back, but are you sure this is what you want? , Taeyon asked seriously.

Ofcourse, this is Seohyun we are talking abo-

Shut up , Sunny ah, you first grow a little taller.

Hwang Miyoung! You aren’t exactly a Sooyoung yourself y’know?!

YOU TWO SHUT UP. I CAN’T HEAR SEOHYUN. ONE MORE WORD AND YOU BOTH ARE GROUNDED, Taeyon yelled at the two.

Heol! , Sunny popped a cherry in , her lips forming an O

She thinks she’s my omma. Oh wait- , Tiffany fanned her face .

Unnie. It’s decided I’m coming this Friday. I have to finish filming tomorrow.

 

 

 

Friday came, and Seohyun was half dreading and half eager to go back. To breathe in the Seoul air finally.

She landed and was wise enough to choose a late flight when the airport is mostly free of fans or any paparazzi. She dressed simply, and kept minimum luggage.

Hailing a taxi, her mind wandered over to various scenarios, while her eyes took in the wandering sky scrapers passing by.

The email Shinhye sent had said something about a hospital. She knew that he had been in a road accident because he was saving Jungshin from a truck. That’s what Hyoyeon had briefly texted her, without going into any details.

He was almost comatose. Not responding to life.

It had been around 2 months.

Why wasn’t she aware of his suffering?

A tear escaped her already shiny eyes, as she stared at the Hospital’s front gate.

Legs trembling, she was about to ask the receptionist the information, but before she could utter his full name , she heard a familiar voice.

Oh! When did you come back? , a familiar high voice asked, cleverly avoiding her name.

Taking out half of her face mask, she gave a feeble smile.

Come,  I’ll take you with me.

He led her hand to the special ward. He was the only one on night duty at that time.  Pointing at the glass wall, he sadly smiled at his elder brother’s state. He felt guilty. It could have been him on that bed.

Jungshin chingu, how did it happen? , she cried as she saw him lying on the bed, lifeless and limp. His bright , cheerful face pale and unhealthy.

Jungshin hugged her, comforted her as she broke down completely, unable to contain her pain.

You’re back Seohyuna, I hope you stay. He misses you. He has been waiting for you.

I found out yesterday. Had I known-

Had you known, would you have come earlier? Wasn’t shinhye noona the reason you left. It’s not that I don’t like that noona, but with hyung, she’s a misfit.

Seohyun looked at Jungshin and squeezed his hand,   I believe she deserves her shot at a happy life too.

Jungshin smiled at her, he smiled at her beautiful heart. He partially blamed Shinhye noona and mostly himself for Yonghwa’s state. If he hadn’t had an argument with her, and dashed to the busy road, then  Yonghwa hyung wouldn’t have come to save him.

Dabbing at the built up moisture that was threatening to spill from his eyes, he nudged Seohyun, who seemed to couldn’t control her feelings and was crying silently while looking beyond the glass wall.

Eyy, go inside and meet him. Tell him off for sleeping so much. I’m sure it’s your voice he wants to hear the most. Tell him he will die for sure if he sleeps so much. His guitar needs him. We need to practice.

He jokingly pushed her inside.

They both laughed lightly, and wiped their faces.  Putting his hand on her shoulder, Jungshin could finally feel warmth  that would combat the ice .

"Go n meet him... he had already waited long enough.. I would bring coffee for us.."

Yah! , she glared at him as he laughed at her flared nose, then she looked around and whispered,  Okay but a small one. I think I need the boost.

Waah! Now hyung really needs to see this. Maybe we can inject the caffeine in his IV drip.

Don’t over do it.

She gave him the typical Seohyun face.

Arasseo. Go inside .

She nodded, as he turned and walked away. She wore a hospital gown and entered his ward. As soon as she closed the door, her heart felt cold, even if the temperature of the room was pleasant, it was like her heart had been stabbed by ice.  She closed her eyes, refusing to take in the view, as she walked forward. Lips quivering, and cheeks getting warm, she finally opened her eyes.

She didn’t have the courage to form words anymore.

In her every dream , she had always imagined his arms around her he whenever they will meet, he will fight with her over coffee and  make fun of her , he will let her know it is fine he understands.. .But nothing happened,  she felt herself so weak..to face him..she turned again to run away back from all the guilt, regret anger  anger on herself.. but she saw Jungshin outside the door who shook his head in understanding and sympathy ,  who knew she would feel weak to face Yonghwa.

But Jungshin knew this is what they both needed.

 A fresh start.

  A realisation.

Memories flooded his eyes, as he saw Seohyun holding Yonghwa’s hand and crying. Jungshin could only see the flashlight from the truck and suddenly a pain on his head as he was pushed away.

He couldn’t bring himself to see that scene again. Placing a coffee cup on the table, he silently left the ward.

Seohyun gazed at his face, her expression softening as she saw his baby like expression.

Oppa! I’m back. Get up oppa, It’s unhealthy to lie down for so long. Aigoo I can imagine the cramps.

She patted his head lovingly, talking to him in a monologue. She even sang him his favourite songs. And for looking so ugly.

 After a span of 2 hours, she suddenly noticed a cold cup of coffee on the table.

Walking over to throw it out, she touched his hands to her lips, never minding the instructions by the hospital staff for not touching the patient too much.

Trying to tidy up the room, she suddenly heard an alarming sound from the machines, as she saw his breathing hitch and his fingers twitch.

 

 

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

A/ N :

Hello again, here is part 2 of the story which is sad and yes even i cried while editing this. This is why this might be the first and last angst story because i really don't wish any misery ( even in fiction ) for any idol, or human being.  So some questions answered, next chapter will the last one and will be happy? i'll write an epilogue too :)

I would like to thank all 188 subs for subscribing and reading this, but it would make me even more happier to know what you guys think about my writing. So do drop a comment, c'mon karma people xD

in other news, Yonghwa's very pink cleansing oil advert lol. and Seohyun's Mixxo photoshoot <3 gorgeous our OTP IS GORGEOUS.

Cnblue on the red carpet.. i literally swooned at Minhyuk's long legs xD and there was apicture of Jong adjusting his pants AHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA CNBLUEGT IS CRAY xD lol he doesnt even care :P

Did you guys see the Still PV ? is it just me who doesn't like it? The song does nothing to me, i think CNB should now write a different genre of music, the heartbreak ballads are boring? or maybe its just me who likes peppy songs :D

 

Okay enough ranting, I will update my other ongoing fics in May :)

Thank you for your support, subscribe upvote and comment <3

Bye bye!!