Useless?

I'm An Alien?!

Baekhyun's P.O.V

Baekhyun felt how he opened his eyes slowly to find a blanket around him. He sat up fast to still find Chanyeol unconscious and as hurt as he was before Baekhyun passed out. Baekhyun's head hurts from all the crying but he can't do anything about it and he won't do anything about it.

Baekhyun's hand is still holding onto Chanyeol's pale and almost cold hand. Chanyeol is usually so warm and now he's so cold. It's terrible... Baekhyun feels so scared. He's so scared to lose Chanyeol...

 

It's that damn laser user's fault...”

 

Baekhyun felt the anger inside of him as he shut his eyes as hard he could to not cry again. If Baekhyun could do anything about the situation, he would. But there is nothing he can do. He's so useless... He's so freaking useless! He wants to help but there is literally nothing he can do! All he can do is to sit here and cry and just hope that everything will end up fine.

 

Chanyeol... I'm sorry...”

 

Baekhyun felt the tears stream down his face as he couldn't hold them back anymore. Baekhyun let out the tears again as he just cried. He just cried since there is nothing he can do. He's so freaking useless and all he can do is to watch Chanyeol slowly fade away from him. He's actually dying...

 

***

 

Baekhyun has run out of tears. He only sits by Chanyeol's bed and holds his hand tightly while he stares down at the mattress. Baekhyun can still feel Chanyeol's pulse, but it's weak. He's hand is cold and it feels like it's getting colder. Chanyeol won't make it if things keeps going on like this.

 

Baekhyun...?”

 

Baekhyun felt a warm hand land on his head as he carefully looked up to find Sehun there. He looked as teary as Baekhyun but he still smiled. It hurts... It hurts so much because Baekhyun knows that Sehun's sad smile is a sign of everyone giving up on saving Chanyeol.

 

Hey... Let's get out of here for a short while. What about we go and eat something?

 

Baekhyun just turned his head away from Sehun as he tried to ignore him. He won't leave Chanyeol's room... He won't leave Chanyeol until... Until he actually dies. There is no proof that Chanyeol will die. There might still be a chance. Even if it is just a really, really, really small chance.

 

Baekhyun... Please... Y-You can't sit here all the time without eating. Don't worry Chanyeol while he's in this state.”
“I'm not hungry...”
“Baekhyun please-”
“I won't leave... I won't leave Chanyeol...”

 

Sehun went silent as he seemed to give up on convincing Baekhyun to leave the room. Baekhyun just hugged Chanyeol's hand a little tighter as he closed his eyes. If Baekhyun could do anything for Chanyeol, he would have done it... Anything.

 

***

 

A couple of hour passed since Sehun came and left. No one else have tried to get Baekhyun out of the room, which is a relief to be honest. They truly do understand how Baekhyun feels and Baekhyun is happy that they respect his feelings so much. But the pain in Baekhyun's heart is still stronger than anything else.

Baekhyun is literally watching Chanyeol fade away and it hurts more than not being able to see him. But the pain is the proof of Baekhyun's love... This pain only exist because of the love Baekhyun has inside of him. But is this really okay? Is it really okay to let Chanyeol slip away from him like this?

Baekhyun sat in silence as he got a flashback. It was Kris who talked to him. Baekhyun just stepped into Chanyeol's room as he saw the lifeless body on the hospital bed. Kris helped him to sit down and told him about a laser user who had hurt many more than just Chanyeol. Baekhyun feels his anger grow stronger but he can't let it take over him, he just can't.

Baekhyun woke up from his thoughts and flashback when he felt a pair of hands land on his shoulders as he was fast to look behind him. There stood he once again, the one Baekhyun just thought about. Kris.

 

How are you feeling?”
“Terrible...”
“Is he... getting better?”
“No...”

 

Baekhyun tried to keep his voice steady but it just kept cracking. Chanyeol isn't getting any better and the truth hurts so damn much. Kris looked really pained too but it felt like he kept something away from Baekhyun. What is he hiding from him?

 

Is there... anything you're... hiding from me?”

 

Kris looked almost surprised at Baekhyun as he seemed almost concerned. Baekhyun isn't sure why but Kris truly is hiding something and usually his poker face is really hard to read. But now, it's like the poker face is totally gone.

 

I guess when I'm too emotional affected I can't hide anything...”
“What... What is it?”
“I have to talk with Suho about something before I can tell you...”
“K-Kris, please-”
“Baekhyun... I want you to listen carefully to me. There might be something you can do for Chanyeol... But I have to talk to Suho about it first. Right now your job is to stay by Chanyeol's side and never leave him alone until you can do something else. He truly wants you by his side, trust me I know. So can you please promise me to not leave his side?”

 

Baekhyun felt how he just stared at Kris for a while before he nodded and watched Kris smile a sad smile at him. Then Kris left the room without another word as Baekhyun turned back to look at Chanyeol. There might... be something... he can do... for Chanyeol...

 

I will do anything... I don't want you to die... Chanyeol... I love you...”

 

Baekhyun put Chanyeol's cold hand against his cheek gently as he closed his eyes. He will do anything for Chanyeol, even if it means to kill himself. Chanyeol protected him and everyone else, now Baekhyun is ready to die to save Chanyeol's life.

 

***

 

An hour or two passed before Kris came back to the room. He looked really serious and Baekhyun knew what that meant. Baekhyun had to let go of Chanyeol's hand as he turned to face Kris who sat down on a chair beside him.

 

I have talked to Suho and... we can't ignore what we have got to know.”
“And that is?”
“The laser user who hurt so many people are kept here at the base at the moment. He will soon leave but he knows what kind of medicine or ingredients we need to cure the hurt people who got hit by his laser.”
“I see... How do we make him speak?”
“He said he would only speak to a human about it since it appears that only humans understand what kind of medicine he's talking about.”
“Humans...? Y-You mean me?!”
“We're not sure if he wants to fool us and try to kill you before he gets locked up himself. But he's locked up and can't move an inch at the moment. All he can do is talk. The only human we got though is you.”
“So you want me to go and speak to him?”
“Yes... It appears that we need to let you talk to him to save Chanyeol but also the others who got hit and injured.”
“I see... O-Of course I will do it.”
“Just like that?”
“I don't care what happens to me as long as I can save Chanyeol.”

 

Kris nodded as he looked burdened. He probably didn't want Baekhyun to do this, but there is no other choice. Baekhyun has to do this! He has to do this for Chanyeol! And for the others who are hurt!

 

Then let's go.”
“Okay just... Can I... Y-You know... C-Chanyeol...”
“I understand. I will wait outside and make sure that you won't get disturbed.”
“I-I won't take long.”

 

Kris nodded as he got out of the room and left Baekhyun alone with Chanyeol. Baekhyun carefully turned to Chanyeol again as he grabbed the nearest hand. Baekhyun wants to cry again, but this time he won't let the tears come out. He will be strong... He will be strong for Chanyeol's sake.

 

Hey Chanyeol... I bet you heard what Kris said... Don't worry about me... I will save you... Just promise me... I-If something would happen... If something happens to me... You have to promise me to go back to my parents on Earth and tell them everything... Also... If possible... Could you take my dog with you home? I... I think he really would like you... Also... I think you really would like him... But to be honest... I want to be with you when you meet him... I want to be with you all the time... I won't die that easily, you know that... But in case... Just in case something happens, I want you to know... I love you.”

 

Baekhyun carefully leaned down to Chanyeol's face and kissed him on the forehead gently. Then he stood up and let go of Chanyeol's hand. It's time for him to help Chanyeol out.

 

Don't worry, I will do my best. I will save you... I won't let you die Chanyeol, not without a fight.”

 

After have said that, Baekhyun turned to the door and walked towards it. His heart is filled with new hope and all he can think of is to save Chanyeol. He can save him. He can actually do something for him. It's up to Baekhyun now!

 

Are you done?”

 

Kris asked right away as Baekhyun stepped out of the room as he nodded. Kris took a deep breath and watched Baekhyun in silence for a while before he nodded and begun to walk. Baekhyun followed Kris in silence. None of them said anything, they just kept walking in silence until they reached the end of the long corridor that leads to the temporary infirmary.

 

I will be with you in the beginning and if he request to talk with you alone, we will cancel everything and-”
“No... W-We have to make sure that he tells us everything we need.”
“But it's too risky-”
“I don't care if I die. As long we get what we need, I don't care. If I die and you need a another human, you can always fetch one. But there is only one Chanyeol...”
“And there is only one Baekhyun. You can't be selfish and think that if you die everything will be alright. Chanyeol would never forgive us for letting you die.”

 

Baekhyun didn't think about that... Chanyeol would be really mad at him if he died. Chanyeol... Baekhyun held in a sigh as Kris opened a door for them that only certain people can open. They're getting near the prison cells now.

 

I-I will do as you say then... B-But let me try to talk to him as much as possible. Maybe... Maybe I can get the truth out of him.”
“We hope so.”

 

Baekhyun held in a worried sigh as he just kept walking beside Kris until he stopped outside a big metal door. Is this... the prison room? How many prisoners do they have at the moment? One? Two? Ten? Twenty? Fifty? Baekhyun doesn't know but that isn't important right now. Right now he needs to get mentally prepared to talk to the person who is the cause to Chanyeol's pain.

Kris opened the door as they was met by Luhan who nodded an hello. Luhan joined them to walk down the corridor as they passed countless of smaller metal doors with screens above them. Some of the screens showed someone sitting inside the room while others was turned off.

 

He's in the last prison cell and is waiting for you. Though he requested to talk with Baekhyun alone.”
“Not going to happen-”
“Kris... We have given him a shoot that makes him weak. He can't use his powers right now.”
“W-What shoot?”
“Lay got mad and created a special shoot that will weaken the blood pressure so that the man can't use his powers. Don't worry, the shoot is made especially for him so no one else can get affected by it. Also, Lay has burned and deleted all the data from it. It's like it never existed.”
“S-Scary...”
“That's what I thought too.”

 

Luhan smiled kindly at Baekhyun who felt how he shivered. Lay can actually get mad and hurt others? Baekhyun had no idea... Well Baekhyun thinks he would have done the same if he was Lay, if not worse. He's glad that Lay didn't kill the laser man so they can get him to talk.

 

Here it is.”
“Baekhyun... Do you dare to go in alone?”
“Yes, I do. But... Get ready if something happens, just in case.”
“There is a secret safe spot in the room. If you stand in the middle of the room, you will notice that there is a weak dark gray spot on the floor. Stand on it and you're safe.”
“W-What does it do?”
“It's a hole that will get open if something happens and you will fall down onto a mattress in the basement.”
“I see... T-Then... I will go inside.”
“We will wait out here and we can hear your conversation through a speaker inside the data room. Luhan will record everything, so don't say anything reckless.”
“Y-Yes sir...”
“He's not one of us though, so we can't really punish him if he says something wrong.”
“That's true-”
“I-I will go inside now.”

 

Luhan nodded as he walked over to a touch screen and hit in special codes and gave his finger print before the door went open. Baekhyun hesitated before he stepped into the room to find a man sit tied up in a weird chair. Around his hands was big metal boxes that seemed to sit really tight and it almost looked painful to be honest.

The man looked up at Baekhyun right away as a scary smirk was formed on his face. Baekhyun slowly walked into the room and found the safe spot pretty quickly without making it obvious to the man. He then took a deep breath as he watched the door get closed beside him. There is no turning back now.

 

You wanted to speak with me, yes?”
“Human... So you're the human they got here?”
“What if I am?”
“Well... What if I lied?”
“Well, that would be a shame for you.”
“I hate humans...”
“That doesn't concern me at all.”
“Not? Don't you hate me? Didn't I hurt your precious Exotic?”

 

Baekhyun felt how he got stabbed right in his chest with the words the man spoke. Baekhyun tried to stay calm as he only breathed at the moment. Don't let him win... Don't let him make you angry... Stay calm... Breathe.

 

This is why I hate humans, they never gets angry when I want them to get angry.”
“Please, just tell me how to cure all those people you have hurt.”
“Oh? Can't I talk a little with you before you have to go?”
“Please... I will stay and talk to you if you want, but just tell me what we need to cure them. Only then I will stay and talk to you.”
“Pft, humans can be such stupid creatures who thinks that kindness will lead them to a better place.”

 

Baekhyun didn't say anything as he almost wanted to sit down on the floor and just wait for the man to answer him. But after a while of silence, the man seemed to give in to him.

 

It's something you should know about...”
“Sorry, what did you say?”
“The cure... It's about... something from Earth. I'm not sure if you... If you have it with you.”
“What is it? Tell me, please.”
“It's...”
“Yes?”
“It's your foolishness!”

 

The man laughed as Baekhyun begun to get mad. But he tried to keep calm as much as possible. Baekhyun gave in to stand here and just look like a fool, so he sat down on the floor and stared at the man with serious eyes.

 

I won't give up until you tell me the cure to the wounds you created.”
“And I won't just give it to you!”
“Fine, let's just sit here then.”

 

Baekhyun stared at the man with his eyes as he felt the hatred get built up inside of him, but as fast he realized it was there, he pushed it away. Stay calm... He needs to stay calm... If he gets angry things won't get any better. He will just sit here at this very spot until the man tells him what he needs to know.

Baekhyun would rather sit with Chanyeol though, but he also wants to save him. If he can save Chanyeol, then he can see him again! He has to stay strong! He has to be strong for Chanyeol's sake!

 

 


Ayo guys! I'm back! XD

So, I'm going to take make this message short, I promise! I'm so sorry for not updating for a while, but I have been busy during my summer break but now I'm back at school and I have found some time to write again! Please forgive me for not updating for a while! *cries while pleading for mercy*

Anyway, I want to thank you all for your support and I have to say that I love my readers! I love you all and I want you to know that you make me really happy when you comment, especially when I don't feel well! Thank you everyone! ^.^

Subs, comments and upvotes are always appreciated, but up you! It's not a must though, but like I said, it's very appreciated! Thank you! ^.^

Well, that's all I got. Thank you for reading! Have a nice day/night/afternoon/morning! ^.^

Peace and love to you all! <3