Chapter 2

Our Love Story

Chapter Two

“Yixing!” His mom called from downstairs; with one last look on the mirror he darts downstairs to eat breakfast. “Are you sure you don’t want me to come to your school?” The older one asked as she settles the boy’s food on the table. He showed his mom a soft smile, “No need mom. I can manage.” She then smiled back and nods her head, but still a little worried for her son.

“Alright then. I packed you some sandwiches and I already put the medicine in your bag, left pocket that is. And Yixing, no sports okay? Also stay away from crowded places you know how hard  it is for you to be in the middle of the crowd…” his mom kept on rambling on and off, reminding him of the things he should and should not do. He was used to it though, so he just smiled as he finishes his breakfast.

“Mom.” He chuckled but his mom continues to ramble, “Mom.” He called again, putting his hand above the older woman’s hand, making her silent and turn to his direction. “Mom, I’m gonna be alright.” He uttered softly, the woman’s worried expression softening. “I know, I know. It’s just that you get forgetful sometimes.” She squeezes her son’s hand, another chuckle emitted from the boy’s lips. “Don’t worry.” Yixing reassured his mom with a squeeze on her hand.

“Alright. Call me immediately if there is trouble.” He nods his head in response, kissed her on the forehead, grabs his backpack and walks towards the door. Upon opening the door, he founds Yeon hee leaning against their mailbox. “Oh right, I asked her mom if you could go to school with her today so she could show you around.” His mom explained and the boy could only not and smile at his mom. He didn’t want to be seen as a dependent guy so he really didn’t like it when his mom asks people with this kind of favor.

The girl gave them a small wave as the boy approaches her slowly, “Goodbye you too, have fun in school. Yeon Hee take care of Yixing, okay?” The said boy flushed in embarrassment and just decided to be walk first to not further embarrass himself in front of his neighbor. Yeon Hee lets out a soft laugh and bows at the older woman, “Yes Mrs. Zhang. We’ll go now.” She started walking to catch up with Yixing.

“Yixing wait up!” she calls increasing her pace a little bit to catch up with him, “Lay.” he suddenly utter as the girl was now walking beside him, “Lay?” she questions confusedly raising an eyebrow at him. “Call me Lay, not Yixing.” He then said after few seconds of silence.

“Okay Yi- I mean Lay.” she just decided to stay quiet since Lay had a sudden change of mood, just a minute ago he was an angel now he turns to a frozen man with frozen organs as well. “You know, you don’t have to go and show me around school if you don’t want. I can manage on my own.” Yeon Hee frowns, she also didn’t want to do this but if it wasn’t for her mom bribing her with black noodles she wouldn’t be here being the friendliest person on earth to the guy with frozen organs.
“I’m just being a friendly neighbor, Lay.” she glares at the guy, emphasizing his name trying to indirectly inform him that he should be thankful enough she’s still being nice despite him giving her a cold shoulder. The 10 minutes’ walk to school was silent and Yeon Hee hated how her ears are almost getting deaf from the awkward silence surrounding them. Therefore, Yeon Hee felt very relieve upon arriving at school.

“Lay, what class are you in?” The male opens his bag and pulls out a piece of paper where his class and schedules are printed. “3B” he uttered in reply, turning his head from left to right trying to find the said room as the both of them walk through the hallway. “Oh, its right down the corner, you just have to turn left and you’ll be there.”  He turns to me and nods his head, uttering a soft thank you in response. “I’ll see you at lunch, lay.”
He remains silent, just staring at her with the cold gaze of him before he turns around to leave for class. Yeon Hee just stood there watching his back disappear from the sea of students, not getting as to what she have done for Lay to act coldly towards her, she just shrug it off and walk to her own class.
Lay turns the corner just like what Yeon Hee has instructed him and finds the classroom he is looking for, with a heave of a sigh he drags his feet and enters the room. A fresh and peaceful start was what Lay was trying to wish for as they moved to Seoul, so as much as possible he wants to stay hidden from everyone. He was good at pushing people away; after all, so he is determined he’ll be having the stress & headache free life.

Lay’s trance of thought was then disturbed by girls squealing and giggling, curious as to what happened that caused them to act that way he look up and sees three boys entering the room. He guessed that they were popular in every corner of the school, seeing how the girls were swooning over them. But Lay didn’t want to get involve with them in any way so he just try to be quiet and unnoticed in any possible way.

The tallest among the three boys who had just entered was just about to approach Lay but was immediately interrupted when the teacher came in.
“Good morning everyone.” The students stand up to greet their teacher as well, “As you all know a new student has transferred to our school and he is placed here in our class.” The teacher’s gaze met Lay’s and she smiles at him motioning the male to go in front. “Would you mind introducing yourself to the rest of the class, young man?” Lay nods his head and quietly walks to the front of the class, bowing as he briefly introduces himself. “Hello everyone, I am Lay. Please take care of me.”

 “Hey bro.” A male approaches Lay as he was packing his bag, the shorter one looks up to see one of the three boys who had just entered the classroom earlier that seems to catch everyone’s attention. “Oh hi.” Lay quietly utters in reply, swinging his backpack on his shoulders and ready to leave but the tall guy drapes his arms around Lay’s shoulders preventing him from doing so. “I’m Chanyeol.” He smiles genuinely down at Lay, offering a hand for a shake, Lay took it and gave him a smile –or a fake smile rather.

“This is Kai and Sehun.” He then introduces Lay to the other guys he is with. The tanned skin guy, with the name Kai smiles at him and shakes his hand and so did the guy with blonde hair. “Want to eat lunch with us?” Chanyeol asks the cornered Lay, “I-“ before Lay could even refuse the male’s offer, Chanyeol has started dragging him outside the classroom.

Yeon hee was already waiting for Lay outside his classroom. “Lay! There-.” “YEONHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!” the three boys cheered, tackling the short girl upon seeing her outside their room. “ you guys!” Lay found this a chance to escape but Chanyeol’s long arms found him again making him sigh in irritation. “He is Lay, you know Lay. He’s going to have lunch with us!”
Yeon hee lets out a soft laugh while nodding her head, “He’s my neighbor.” Her gaze turns to Lay as he is trying to pull away from Chanyeol’s long arms, politely as he can. Yeon hee chuckles, shaking her head as she pries the tall ones arms from Lay, “Come on, we’ll introduce you to the others.” Kai said as they all make their way to the canteen.

A soft laugh escape Yeon hee’s lips again as she glances at the gloomy Lay beside her, she pats his shoulders and whispers. “I know I know. These guys are annoying, but they are awesome.”

“Hi guys!” Chanyeol stands in front of their table holding Lay beside him again, while Yeon hee, Kai and Sehun took their seats.  “This is Lay, Yeon hee’s neighbor and the new student.” he introduces the latter to his friends and Lay bows uttering a soft “Nice to meet you” to everyone in the table as they introduce themselves to them.

 

 

“Yixing.” His mom smiles at him upon opening the door and welcoming his son’s arrival, he smiles back exhausted. “How was school? Did you make some friends?” He plops himself on the couch, resting his head on the arm rest. “Yeah.” He utters briefly in reply, closing his eyes.

Chanyeol                         Baekhyun
Kai                                      Su Bin
Sehun                                 Jina
                   

Those were the names of people he just met earlier and they will probably be stuck with him the rest of his high school life. No doubts, they were great people but Lay was choosing to live a peaceful life and as much as possible he didn’t want to be noticed in school but Yeon hee’s friends were no doubts known in school.

A fresh and peaceful start was what Lay was trying to wish for.
But with Yeon hee, goodbye peaceful life.


HAHAHA Yeon hee is going to ruin Lay's life
LOL jk <3