Chapter 1

Our Love Story

Chapter one

“HAN YEON HEE! YOU COME DOWN THIS INSTANT!” Her mom shouted for the nth time but Yeon hee is just really too stubborn to obey her mom.  When she heard her mom’s footstep climbing up the stairs to her room, she immediately darted towards the bathroom.

“Yeonhee!” her mom called upon opening the door, “What?!” she then walks out of her bathroom, while pretending to brush her teeth. “Oh were you in the bathroom?” Yeon hee nod her head at her mom, little white lies, It was really easy to trick her mom sometimes “Anyways, we have a new neighbor, and I’m going to give them some welcome gift.”

“ohhh, so I’m coming with you?” The young girl guessed.

“Mhm..” she frowned at her mom, “How about no!” she walk back to the bathroom to return her toothbrush, “Why don’t you go with Sohyun.”

“Knowing how lazy you are today, I would go with Sohyun.  But she’s not here, honey.” Her mom shrugged.  “Can’t you go alone?” The young girl continued to whine.

She shook her head, “Do I need to call your friends to help me drag you out of your room?” her mom pretended to dial Yeon hee’s friends on her phone. Yeon hee sighed, she has no other choice, “Fine fine, I’ll go with you.” Her mom grinned, “Be ready in five minutes.” And pat her daughter’s cheeks before going back down stairs. Yeon hee could only puff her cheeks. I’m so lazy today.

Ding dong

Mrs. Han rang the doorbell of their new neighbor’s house, “Now please act a little bit lady like, my dear.” Her mom reminded her, she only responded by blowing off her bangs.

The door was then opened by a handsome young man, around Yeon hee’s age. He has a gentle and shy expression on his face. Oh gawd, the most handsome creature I’ve ever seen… She thought as she gulped her saliva, her heart fluttering at the sight of the boy. “H-hello.” He greeted, bowing a little before stepping aside for them to come in.

“Oh hello there!” A middle aged woman greeted them as they enter the new neighbor’s house. “Hello, I’m Mrs. Han Jiyoung from the house next door.” Mrs. Han introduced with a slight bow, “And this here is my daughter, Han Yeon Hee.” Yeon hee flashed them a smile and bowed, her gaze meeting with the young man causing her cheeks to flush.

“By the way, I cooked you guys some kimchi stew.”

“Really? aww you didn’t have to.” The woman said flattered, as she lead them to the kitchen. Mrs. Han placed the kimchi stew bowl over the wooden dining table. “I’m Zhang Lin by the way and this is my son Zhang Yixing.” She introduced, wrapping an arm around her son’s shoulder, which is taller than her.

“Oh so you are Chinese!” Mrs. Han gasp, amused. Mrs. Zhang nodded her head.  “I got to say your Korean is really good, and you don’t look like Chinese at all.” She complimented, earning a chuckle from the mother.

“We get that a lot.” Yixing smiled a bit making his dimple show.  

Cuuuuteeee… a guy with dimples, my type.

 “Where is your husband?” Her mom asked as they proceeded to the kitchen. “He’s still in China, busy with some works and all” While the two mothers chat, Yixing and Yeon hee was left awkwardly standing by the dinner table. Not even bothering to entertain the guest, Yixing made his way to the living room to watch.

“Psh…” Yeon hee rolled her eyes, as she sat on the table.

Not even minding to entertain the guest…

“Yixing-ah!” his mom called and the boy immediately enter the kitchen not wanting to be called for the second time, “Yea?”

“Can you help me set up the plates please, so that we can taste Mrs. Han’s kimchi stew?” His mom said, in which he immediately obey.

 

“It was nice meeting you.” Mrs. Han wave as they left the Zhangs’ house. “It was nice meeting you too and thank you again for the Kimchi stew.” It was nearly dark when they came out of the Zhangs residence, for the two mothers were too busy chatting. Yeon hee wanted to excuse herself earlier to go home, but thought that it was inappropriate to get in between while the adults are talking, she decided to just stay and attempt to have a conversation with the guy or , what she prefers to call him, beautiful creature. But her attempt to somewhat get close to the guy, failed. Because that shy and gentle looking young man was indeed a cold and distant creature.

Looks can be deceiving… She thought remembering the boy and her failed attempt on having a conversation with him.

“So, what do you think of Yixing.” Her mom asked with a nudge on the younger girl’s side, a playful smile forming on her lips. Yeon hee rolled her eyes and shrug, knowing what her mom meant by the playful expression her mom showed. “Not my type.” She lied, her mother knows it.

“Oh come on, a guy with dimples.” A chuckle escape the younger girl’s mouth, “You know me too well. Okay, he’s my type. But gosh he’s cold as an ice berg.” She told her mom the time, while both moms were busy chatting; that she attempted to have a conversation with Yixing and all she got in reply was a cold stare.

“Obviously he doesn’t want to talk to me or even be near me, I guess.” She finished off, grabbing a juice from the fridge. “Aww come on. It’ll take time.” She can only shrug at her mother’s statement. “Oh by the way, Yixing will be attending the same school with you, isn’t that great!” At that being said, Yeon hee almost spit out the juice from .

“Yea that’s great.” She uttered in pure sarcasm. “His mom asked if you could show him around school.” The younger girl the television and asked what did the older woman told Yixing’s mom, “I said yes.” She answered in a cheerful tone making the girl gawk at her mother, “You’re serious?”

“Aww come on, you’re the only one Yixing knows here.” Yeon hee responded with a shrug, drinking on her juice. “Why don’t you let Sohyun show him around? I bet she’ll like it.” The young girl uttered with a roll of her eyes.

“I like him for you.” She arched an eyebrow at her mom’s statement. What was that suppose to mean? Sometimes she really doesn’t understand her mom. She just shrugs it off, knowing how the older woman can be crazy sometimes. 


I hope you like the first chapter of my new story \o/