two

The Troublemakers
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter Two

 

"Jang Hyunseung." Hyunseung introduced as he suavely leaned against the counter. The middle-aged-looking counter lady lazily looked at him before doing a double take, eyes practically bulging out from her sockets. 

"My, my, are you the new student?" The counter lady perked up at the handsome presence, fixing her hair. She emitted a smile brighter than the sun as she scanned the boy's gorgeous features.

"Ah, yes. I'm here to collect my nametag and books..." Hyunseung bowed as the counter lady snapped out from her daze.

"O- Of course! Here you go!" A stack of books and a nametag was placed onto the counter.

"And here's your schedule, do you need me to show you to your class?" She bit her lip in anticipation.

"No thank you, I can manage." Hyunseung replied politely as the older woman nodded in disappointment. He quickly stuffed the books into his bag and wore his nametag. With the schedule held in his hand, he gave a small bow before leaving the main office.

 

----------

 

"First a feisty cow, now a creepy counter lady. What is with the girls in this school." Hyunseung muttered as he rubbed his neck at the confusing strech of hallways. He carefully examined the sheet of paper in his hands, regretting his choice of turning down the counter lady's offer a while ago.

"You lost?" Hyunseung jumped at the unexpected voice. He turned around to see a boy smiling kindly at him.

He returned the friendly smile with a confused one, "Yeah, it's my first day. I'm supposed to be at class 4-B"

"Hey, me too! C'mon, let's go together new kid!" The boy beamed as he gestured for Hyunseung to follow him. Hyunseung raised an eyebrow at the friendliness of this stranger, but simply shrugged it off and went along with it.

"My name's Sungjae by the way. Yook Sungjae." He introduced with a wide grin.

"Jang Hyunseung." Hyunseung replied, smiling back.

"Why'd you transfer to Cube High, Hyunseung?" Sungjae asked.

"Just for some reasons." Hyunseung shrugged, hoping that the question would be brushed off just like that. Which it was. As nice and friendly this Sungjae kid was, Hyunseung had to admit that he had the attention span of a puppy. During the entire journey to their classroom, the boy would ramble on and on about random things, even though the two had just met a mere few minutes ago. Hyunseung had trouble believing the fact that this innocent boy was the same age as him.

"And then I said- Oh wait, we're here!" Sungjae announced as Hyunseung internally exhaled in relief. Sungjae knocked lightly on the closed door, before opening it and gesturing for Hyunseung to follow him in. Hyunseung gave a thankful smile to Sungjae as he entered the classroom after the boy.

 

"Yook Sungjae! Why are you late again?!" The teacher's voice boomed across the classroom.

Sungjae sheepishly rubbed his neck, "I- I was assigned bring the new kid to class!

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter