Four

Friendzoned? Do the To Do List
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter Four

The 'Fake' Girlfriend

“Can you please hand me the file that we have gone through since last week?” I frantically instruct Yoona as I go through my emails.

You see, Yoona is Yuri’s sister who is a year younger than her. Mrs. Kwon decided that her daughter needed to do something else instead of laying around the house and partying all night during her break from school so she made Yoona my assistant in order to cover for her internship. Yoona and Yuri do actually share physical traits. Just like Yuri, Yoona is slender with long hair, but that’s mainly where the parallels end. When Yuri is sweet and funny and thoughtful, Yoona in the other hand when it comes to people she doesn’t like…. Is just plainly not. To cut it short? She’s a .

Even though Yuri and I used to swear at each other when we were younger kids, Yoona and I would get into full fights. We literally even punch each other.

I look up at her when she doesn’t reply and see her pressing furiously into her iPad.

“Yah, Yoona-yah! Did you even hear what I said?”

I hear her sigh in annoyance but she still doesn’t look at me from her iPads’ screen.

“Yeah, yeah I heard you. You said to give you a massage”

To be frank, Yoona is just the worst subordinate on the face of this universe. She couldn’t care less about this job.

“Aish. Yoona. You’ve got an iPad on your hands. Weren’t you typing anything I said?” I query in exasperation

Honestly, I don’t have time for this types of crap. I have a load of work to do in this firm, and in addition to that… I need to pretend I’m ill for the sake of myself in order to get away from the double date later.

“AIIIIISHHH! This is so freaking hard! I just can’t do it!” Yoona complaints as she plods her foot on the ground just like what Yuri does. The only difference however is the fact that when Yuri does it, I don’t want to toss myself at her and choke her.

“Keurom. It’s alright. I know it’s very hard to take all at once. Just follow what I say and you’ll be good” I encourage her

“JESUS CHRIST! I don’t understand how people even pass 10 in flappy bird!” she whines, still tapping at her iPad wrathfully

This time, I do not bother replying. I just leaned forward and banged my head on top of my table. I do it all over again and again when my phone starts chirping. After a few rings, I lift my head to stare at her.

“Are you going to bother answering it or what?” She asks me in frustration

Kris. Do not strangle her. Do not strangle her… remember she is Yuri’s sister.

“Wu Corporation. This is Kris speaking” I answer the phone as Yoona turns and walks away still focused on her mind-boggling game.

“You sound like a moron. Stop answering the phone like that” I recognized Chanyeol’s voice

“Shi ku ro! What the hell do you want now?”

“Seriously though. You sound like a douche” Chanyeol continues

I ignore him and quickly close my laptop shut

“I’m bringing you the girl I promised I would. We’re going to be at the bar at six. Make sure you wear something fancy too.” He tells me

“I don’t think I’ll be able to make it Chan. I don’t feel too well”

I cough a few times and pretend as if I couldn’t breathe—making sure it sounds real.

“Shut your face! You’re going tonight” Chanyeol mutters

He doesn’t even give me a few minutes to reply since he closed the phone right at my face.

“Son of a !” I wail, putting the phone back down with a loud thud.

“Yah. Kris-ah! Do you want something to drink?” Yoona yells over from her desk right outside from my office

Okay… so maybe I’ve been a little hard on her. I started to feel bad about being annoyed by her presence a few moments ago. I’m so nervous about the fake girlfriend that I’m probably taking it all out on Yoong.

“How about some soda?” I howl back at her

“That’s great! While you are on it, can you get me some diet coke too?” Yoona responds

Abandoning my iPhone, I smack my head into the top of my desk again and pray that tonight won’t be as awful as now.

--

“ head! Of all the women in the world, you get me her?”

I’m now standing at the parking lot of the fancy restaurant here in Myeongdon. I had pulled out at the same time Chanyeol and my “girlfriend”, as I watched in horror the woman who was stepping out of the car.

Currently, she was checking herself out in the reflection of my car as I interogate Chanyeol.

“Kris. Do you know how ing hard it was to find someone to pretend to be your girlfriend? This was the best one so far. What’s wrong with her? She looks hottttt” Chanyeol mutters

“Why do you even have to as

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter