Friend

Fathom These Constellations

Myungsoo threw 'Scattering the Stars' on his desk and jumped into his bed. He found it hard to believe that after Suzy gave Sunggyu cookies, she hasn't bothered him. It worried him a bit since she always tried to attempt to start conversations with him, but she has now stopped. Myungsoo couldn't help but to think of his mother every time he thought of Suzy.

She had that light that brightens up a dim room. That spark of hope. That smile that everyone loved. He absolutely adored his mother. But sometimes he wished Suzy and his mother weren't so alike because Sunggyu seem to have loved them both.

As if by his cue, Myungsoo's bedroom door swung open and there stood Sunggyu holding out his cellphone.

Myungsoo didn't have many people in his life. Few come, few go. It surprised Myungsoo that someone wanted to talk to him. He took slow steps towards Sunggyu and grabbed his phone. Sunggyu nodded and walked downstairs.

"Hello?" Myungsoo answered.

"Neighbor!" Just one word. One word. And it had that effect on his heart. Myungsoo slowly lie down on his soft mattress. In that moment, he felt calm. The sound of her soft breath on the other line soothed and calmed him.

"You're semi-content." She said. Myungsoo wanted to disagree. Semi content was exaggeration beyond all.

"You don't even know." He mumbled to himself but Suzy heard.

"It's just now. It only hurts now." Suzy said. Myungsoo widened his eyes in surprise. He thought she would ask him why he was feeling sad and depressed and give him the typical 'everything will be alright' talk. Suzy went the other way.

"Do you like my brother?" Myungsoo quickly changed the subject. He heard her soft laugh on the other end.

"He's quite charming." She said. Myungsoo felt a hitch in his breath.

"Isn't he." Myungsoo said sarcastically and exhaled slowly.

"Yes you are the exact opposite." Suzy laughed. He didn't know if that was good or bad but he hoped it showed him in the bright light.

"Well nice talking to you, neighbor!" She hung up on him. As soon as she came, she left.

He missed her voice already.