Stalker Situation

We Need a Hero

"You!" Dongwoo gasped.

"Huh? What's wrong?" Shin asked.

"Nothing. I'm fine now, thanks Shin." Dongwoo waved his coworker off to leave him and the hooded man alone, who went by the name of Howon and moonlighted at the KCIA. Dongwoo rushed towards Howon and grabbed him by the collar. "You're back/." Dongwoo was furious, especially after the same man drove him off the bridge.

"Did you miss me?" Howon smiled.

Dongwoo took his collar and dragged him towards the side of the pagoda. He released Howon from him from his grasp. "There are a lot of things you need to explain to me. I woke up inside of apartment like nothing happened, but I know something did. I jumped off a bridge for you. No one here remembers what's going on. I know you told me yesterday you were gonna make sure Jung Hwan and Sun Woo weren't gonna remember anything, but I need to know how you guys did it to them." Dongwoo rubbed his forehead. "I need a peace of mind."

Howon initiated the two of them to walk around the museum for the purposes of blending in. Howon was willing to oblige and explain. "The KCIA has information on every citizen in the country, including their addresses. Your friends were injected with a serum to forget any combat or conflict from last night. They suspect nothing and assumed they got home safely. After we jumped off the bridge, we landed onto a boat sent by the KCIA to hide. During the ramp, I injected a different serum into your thigh. This serum is to tranquilize you and put you to sleep, but not have you forget everything. The Purple Lotus believe we drowned, at least we hope they do."

"They're not gonna suspect anything? What if they figure out I'm still alive? They're gonna follow me."

"We will proceed if that occurs."

In some ways, Dongwoo wished he got the other type of serum to forget this crazy scheme. "So why are you here now, Howon?"

"Because your story isn't over yet." Howon showed his fist in front of Dongwoo and unveiled the USB from last night. "Things get complicated from here on out."

"How complicated?"

"What was on the video?" Howon asked sternly.

"I told you already. A bunch of clips pasted together, but they all happened so quickly. Did you watch it?"

"I didn't. It's no longer there."

Dongwoo took a step back. "I... I don't know what that could mean," he stuttered.

"Did you delete the video after you watched it?"

"No, I didn't. I watched it and that was it. Pulled the USB out of the computer."

"You need to tell me right now Dongwoo. Did you take the video off of the flash drive?" Howon asked.

"No, for the last time. I swear on my dad, I didn't do anything after I watched the video." Dongwoo grew impatient about the same question being repeated. Do you think I would go on a full-blown motorcycle chase with you, almost get shot at my own job, and jump off a bridge just to lie?  "I don't know what else you want me to say, Howon. I don't know why the video isn't there anymore."

Howon contemplated the possibilities, because a video would not disappear into thin air. "Could it be..."

"What?"

"A timed video."

The KCIA have dealt with timed videos before. If that was the case, Howon needed to track Dongwoo's every movement. Dongwoo's life was endangered. "A timed video is a video that will automatically self-destruct, or delete, after the time given to watch it. You relayed before that the video lasted only several seconds and contained different clips spliced together. This video may have deleted itself after you watched it."

"Did you check the logs at the security room? What if it transferred onto the computer last night after I-"

"We checked the logs this morning before the museum opened. There is absolutely no trace of the video there."

Dongwoo stared up at the ceiling perplexed, the glass windows glaring his view. As hard as he tried to understand, everything flew over his head.  "I'm sorry Howon, but what does that mean?"

"The video deleted itself after you watched it as a way to protect the subliminal information from being shared. You need to understand... that you might be the only person in the world to see this video, and you might be the only person in the world who ever will."

"I..." Dongwoo grabbed onto his shirt collar nervously. "I'm sorry Howon, but I don't remember any other details from that video than what I've told you before. I'm telling the truth."

"I don't know what to think of this right now but because you are the only person to have seen it, we must provide with you with added protection from our agency. The Purple Lotus tried to kill you last night and are aware of your appearance. The KCIA will help you, and you must do your part to be careful as well. We may have to educate you on certain procedures and protocols to keep you safe."

"Yeah... sure." All of this was so much to take in. He was trusting of the KCIA. "Whatever you need to do."

Continuing their conversation, the two walked into the Bronze Age Room. The room was dimly lit with very few people passing through.

"Dongwoo, if you remember anything from that video here on out, you need to call me as soon as possible." Howon handed Dongwoo a micro-business card, barely the size of Dongwoo's thumb. The edges were sharp, printed on quality cardstock. It was different than other business cards, because it had no text or numbers. Only a visible barcode. "Scan this barcode with your phone, and my phone number will appear in your contacts."

"Woah..." Dongwoo was impressed. "That's really cool. Does everyone in the KCIA have a card like this?"

Dongwoo looked up to find Howon gone.

Spinning around the Bronze Age Room, and there was no trace of Howon in sight. 

"What the..." Dongwoo glanced at the business card one, flicking the cardstock between his fingers. "What am I supposed to do now... what the?!"

The bronze bell, the shattered exhibit from yesterday, was completely untouched. The glass in pristine condition, the bell in its original form on a stand. Anyone walking through today would never be able to guess that the whole Bronze Age Room was smashed the day before.

Dongwoo pinched himself, laughing hysterically at the fixed exhibit. Though, it was more of a laugh of denial and suffering than it was of coincidence and hilarity. He had only wished everything was a crazy dream he could wake up from, but his reality was changing right before his eyes. The KCIA was full of surprises. Dongwoo was in danger, but it had yet to settle in. Dongwoo of course took everything seriously, but the immensity of his accidental involvement was only soon to be discovered.

 

-<()>-

 

"Pass me the stew."

Shin sat at the end of the table, carefully sliding the filled up cauldron of octopus stew towards the other side where Sunggyu and Sun Woo sat. The two of them extended their hands over the steaming pot to warm their hands. If the smell did not already fulfill their every tasteful desires and yearnings, the hot and piping mixture of heaven brought euphoria to every sense throughout their bodies.

"Pass me some chopsticks."

Chanshik reached over the small pot of rice and small bowl of rice cake for the pile of chopsticks, passing utensils systematically, one-by-one through every person on his side until it reached Jung Hwan. Their side already awarded with great bowls of spicy octopus soup.

"Pass me the beer."

Sunggyu caught Dongwoo drooping in his seat, sitting in the middle of the table hugging a whole pitcher of beer. "Dongwoo, you already have the beer."

Dongwoo's fingers laced around the plastic pitcher, which was halfway filled to the brim of crisp and clear beer. Meant to be share of course, but Dongwoo had taken it upon himself to consume it by himself. Lip marks pressed on the rim, his breath marking his territory. "Oh, I'm sorry," Dongwoo drunkenly laughed, raising the pitcher and tipping it over for a steady flow of beer in his mouth.

The past couple of days, Dongwoo lived in paranoia. Fear of his move being watched by the Purple Lotus, and at any point his enemy could pop out of nowhere and attack. Dongwoo worried about being safe in the vicinity of his own home, which still had to be paid off. Never taking another graveyard shift since, Dongwoo worked his security guard job during the daytime to return home before the sunset. 

Three days later, and the coworkers made a trip to Bingo Cafe for octopus stew. Dongwoo had been there previously on his own, but after demands from other coworkers who wanted to hang out, Dongwoo abided by taking everyone to his secret spot. Of course, Dongwoo did not like coming here all the time and rewarded himself with the splurging treat once a month. Today was an exception. He could shell out a couple more bucks to hang out with his fellow security guards outside the museum setting and outside the uniform.

"Aish, you drunken mess," Shin shook his head, taking a moderate sip of beer from his own glass. 

"Dongwoo really needs this, leave him alone," Sun Woo joked, who sat directly next to the mess himself. He gave Dongwoo a big smack on the back, grinning towards everyone with his chopsticks to point. "Dongwoo must have been having some nightmares or something, because he's having clingy issues with me and Jung Hwan. He never wants us leaving his sight!"

Jung Hwan clicked his teeth and winked. "I'm pretty irresistable like that."

"Shut up, you're not that irresistable." Sunggyu rolled his eyes and brought the bowl to his lips, slurping down some delicious broth for the kick. Sunggyu his lips, the aftertaste of pure satisfaction on his tongue. "Mmmm, soup."

Dongwoo kept no track of the amount of alcohol he drowned himself with, the ratio of alcohol to food maybe tenfold. Dongwoo continued drinking. It was a fascinating correlation. The more he drank, the faster his head titled to its side. Dongwoo rested his head on the dining table and cackled like a hyena. No mental awareness of any of his surroundings.

"Dongwoo?"

Everyone turned around to catch Woohyun standing next to their table. He held a tied-up plastic bag in his arms with white boxes poking from the sides. Woohyun also dressed down from his cop attire, matching up to the same casual wear as Dongwoo and his cohorts. "Didn't expect to see you again so soon!"

Dongwoo lifted his head off the table, staring dumbfoundedly at his old friend. "Hey Woohyun," he spoke timidly. "Are you off work?"

"Didn't have work today, so I was able to lay the badge to rest. This is the second time this week. How are you? Hanging out?" Woohyun asked.

"Yeah. This is a coworker hangout," Chanshik explained to Woohyun.

"Oh." Woohyun bit his lip and supressed his snicker. "You and the security guards, right?"

Sunggyu raised his eyebrow. "What is that supposed to mean? What was that pause for?"

"No, it doesn't mean anything," Woohyun explained, scratching his head and smiling nervously. "I saw Dongwoo five days ago, and he said he was a security guard. I assumed all of you worked at the museum." 

Woohyun's comments were an unintentional jab to their pride as security guards. Preaching to then congregation and embedding in their heads that all they were and could ever be were security guards. Whether he knew what he was doing, Woohyun believed himself to be of a higher and deserving position than Dongwoo's group of museum rejects. Woohyun reserved judgement for himself.

Dongwoo sulked in his chair, forcing a smile in front of his old friend. Each encounter with Woohyun was a reminder of the person he wanted to be and the person he could not become. The city he lived to defend. The hero the people needed. Dongwoo raised the pitcher to his lips once more to drown himself in more alcohol. It took very little to bring Dongwoo down. 

"Yeah, we work at the National Museum. And yeah, we're security guards. So what?" Sunggyu sniped, pointing his chopsticks right at Woohyun.

"You think you're better than us?" Shin patted Dongwoo's back and helped straighten him up in his seat. "Cause you're not."

Woohyun took a step back. "I didn't mean that in any bad way, I swear-"

"Get your take-out, but also take yourself out of this restaurant and leave. Don't talk to us like that ever again." Sunggyu was the quick tongue, willing to put anything on the line to defend his friend. As Sunggyu saw Woohyun out the door, the rest of the guards shuffled in their seats, heated by his statements but willing to put that aside for the remainder of the evening. Sunggyu fixed his seating position and shook his head. "What a bastard."

 

-<()>-

 

"So now I might get evicted," Dongwoo blubbered, wobbling down the street as he leaned on Sunggyu's shoulder for guidance. The two of them walked to the subway together after their Bingo Cafe hangout. "Everything just right now, it really does."

"I know the going gets tough, but the going gets better!" Sunggyu wrapped his arm around his best friend and slapped his chest.

Maybe a little too hard, because Dongwoo fell backwards and right on his .

"Oh geez." Sunggyu watched as Dongwoo hugged himself in fetal position on the cold sidewalk and laughed his heart out. It was barely 22:00, and Dongwoo was already acting up. Sunggyu positioned himself behind Dongwoo and helped push him off the ground from his shoulders. "You already know, if you ever need help with rent, I can contribute... by the way, god you gained like 20 kilograms! You are never drinking again."

Dongwoo pouted like a baby, ing his head from side-to-side. "No! You can't help me. Never!"

"Get off the floor!" Sunggyu dug his foot into Dongwoo's lower back and kicked him with a great force that propped him back onto his feet. "You are never drinking ever again. God, what a night. My best friend is drunk, and then that of a guy Woohyun came along."

"Woohyun was just saying hi to me," Dongwoo corrected, taking three steps forward before he found himself leaning right against a random store on the street. His cheek plastered right on the window, the glass squishing his lips like a fish. "Woohyun didn't do anything."

"I don't care. That guy is still a ," Sunggyu grumbled. "Who does he think he is?"

"Maybe he has a point."

Sunggyu swung his hand into Dongwoo's shoulder, who flailed backwards and almost fell once more. "Don't let the beer talk. He has no point. You're the person Woohyun wishes he could be. Caring, thoughtful, hardworking, and not a ing ."

Dongwoo kept quiet, covering his mouth to hide his laugh. Inebriated Dongwoo was a force Sunggyu hated reckoning with.

"And on top of that, those nightmares you've been having. You don't let Jung Hwan or Sun Woo out of your sight at work anymore, and you're always looking over your shoulder. Maybe you should see a doctor, because those dreams are messing you up big time."

Well, to Sunggyu and everyone else they were nightmares. For Dongwoo, it was an unfortunate reality bestowed onto him. But he could not outwardly say it was the truth because no one could believe an incident like that.  

"I know, I know," Dongwoo agreed. Sunggyu helped walk Dongwoo towards the subway for the rest of their journey. "Tonight was exactly what I needed, though. I needed a drink. I need a good time with the friends"

"That's the spirit!" Sunggyu patted Dongwoo on the back, which proved a bad idea when Dongwoo drooped forward and almost fell to the floor on his head. Sunggyu mustered all his strength to keep Dongwoo afloat. "Come on, Dongwoo. We're almost at the subway."

Sunggyu practically had to push Dongwoo onto the train. The night was young, but Dongwoo's body felt like an old man. Dongwoo slept on the train, resting his head on Sunggyu's lap for the whole 20 minute ride. Not a single limb of his responded to anything. Even when Sunggyu tried to tickle him and steal his wallet, of course playfully. Sunggyu found the whole mess quite amusing and accepted his fate of babysitting Dongwoo for the journey.

Unfortunately, Sunggyu's stop was two stations right before Dongwoo's, meaning he had to leave the train earlier than Dongwoo. 

"Dongwoo, I have to leave this train in 30 seconds," Sunggyu declared, pushing Dongwoo off his lap to wake him up.

"I'm fine now..." Dongwoo stirred, scratching his eyes to wake up. "I'm only a block away, I'll be ok."

"I sure hope so." The train came to a halt. Sunggyu pat his friend on the back before his retreat.

Dongwoo stayed back for a little while longer, leaning his head against the subway window anxiously. Each second was a ticking time bomb for Dongwoo to lurch forward and throw the chewed up remains of octopus right on the subway floor. Any sudden jerk or turn by the train triggered his stomach, his insides churning to leave. Dongwoo needed a few more seconds.

The train halted at Dongwoo's stop. The doors slid open, and Dongwoo ran straight out the station and found the nearest bush he could fine

Blegh.

Dongwoo could water the bush with the amount of liquid escaping in projectile. Colors from the beer, the side dishes, the octopus meal, painted right on the harmless bush.

After a couple of minutes, Dongwoo felt comfortable enough to walk. He wiped his mouth and stared down at the floor. Dried gum and other muck right at his toes. Dongwoo could barely lift his head up, let alone mobilize. But he had to do it, for all he needed was to walk a block till he was safely spread on his couch.

Dongwoo swayed back and forth. It took 5 minutes to walk a meter. 

Dongwoo needed to stop every other second to catch his break. Dongwoo heaved spit onto the sidewalk. One more step forward. More spit. Another step forward. Everything was on repeat.

It was almost 23:00, the streets in the neighborhood showed little to none. Minimal street lights illuminated the area, and everyone retreated to the comfort of their own apartments. The wind whistled around Dongwoo, helping him out in his state and breathing fresh air into his system. Little by little, Dongwoo slowly regained his senses.

Rattle!

Dongwoo paused. He turned his head behind his shoulder. A soda bottle rolled with the wind.

"Come on." Dongwoo skipped forward and snatched the bottle of the ground, wedging it into his pocket. The bottle neck stuck out, but it was placed enough for it to stay. "People need to throw their trash away."

Dongwoo continued on to his apartment. He made progress in each step and straightened his back throughout the walk. The journey became easier for Dongwoo, and he finally walked more than a meter in 5 minutes.

Rattle!

Dongwoo paused one more time, turning his head one more time. This time, he saw no soda bottle or any object on the ground. Dongwoo checked his pockets, and the bottle was still in his pocket.

Dongwoo twisted his body and checked the area for anything around. He was closing in on Kim's Mart, which was closed and showed no signs of Mrs. Hwan or any person inside. The roads were barren. Dongwoo was convinced the sound came from someone's balcony.

"Get home, Dongwoo. You're hearing things," he told himself.

Dongwoo several steps forward, and heard a different sound.

This time, the sounds of another person's footsteps dragging along the sidewalk concrete.

Dongwoo turned his head. No one behind him.

I swear I heard someone behind me. The alcohol messed around with his head, or so he thought. Dongwoo took another step forward, spotting Kim's Mart within a few meters. All he needed to do was turn the quarter, and his apartment was two buildings away.

Dongwoo walked a little faster. Eerie winds and misheard noises sobered him down. Everything began to worry him, though he was sure it was the beer. Psychological warfare messed with his head, creating nonexistent sounds in his surroundings. Dongwoo finally passed by the window of Kim's Mart, marking his final turn for the straightaway.

Dongwoo glanced through the windows of the store, catching his reflection. If the food made him dizzy, seeing his image made him want to vomit even more. Dongwoo's hair was ruffled up, drenched in sweat. His shirt was untucked in the back, showing a portion of his waist to anyone he had passed. His fly was down. Even though there was no visible barf on his face, all of a sudden Dongwoo believed he could smell the vomit through his mirrored self. Go home, take a shower, go to sleep. 

Dongwoo decided he was never gonna drink ever again. Which translated, meant he was never gonna drink again for a month. He closed his eyes for a quick second and shook his head, groaning from an impending headache. Dongwoo opened his eyes.

Suddenly, a person in a suit appeared in the window reflection. Holding onto what looked like a club, ready to hit Dongwoo at any second.

Dongwoo's eyes widened, the sudden appearance spooking him and backing up right into the man. Quickly, Dongwoo grabbed onto the glass soda bottle and elbowed the man right into his gut. The man staggered back, swinging his club back to respond back.

Dongwoo gave him no chance, shoving the bottle right into his head. Shards fell to the ground like rain, delicately splashing onto the floor along with some blood from the smash. The man in the suit fell right with the broken bottle, unconscious.

"Oh my god!" Dongwoo shrieked. His hands shook. Never once did he expect ever being stalked to his own apartment. He sprinted past Kim's Mart, heading towards to his apartment.

Dongwoo had completely forgotten anything else that happened that night, all because a man almost jumped him on the street.

"That guy had a suit. What if..." Dongwoo panted as he arrived to the front of his apartment, punching in the security code to allow him inside. His hands sweat profusely, slipping and messing up the combination.

"10609. Ten, zero, six, zero, nine, DAMNIT!"

Dongwoo slammed against the keypad, the code finally activating and opening the apartment door. He ran right inside and closed the door behind him. His studio was on the third floor. Dongwoo skipped steps, stomping up to get home as fast as possible. He arrived on the third floor, leaping forward towards his apartment. He quickly retrieved his key from his back pocket and shoved it into the keyhole, turning it as fast as possible.

Click.

The door opened, and Dongwoo swung it open. Right when he arrived, he closed the door and locked it. Dongwoo held his breath the entire time and when he finally saw his apartment safe and sound, he collapsed against the door and hugged himself. He relaxed his back and slid down until he sat on his floor. The motorcycle ride was far from being the last situation he would deal with. Dongwoo had more to fear.

Because he wore a suit, Dongwoo suspected the man came from the Purple Lotus organization. The situation was a lot more serious than Dongwoo previously thought. Clearly, laying low was not good enough. The Purple Lotus knew his face, and things were about to get tricky.

"Wait..."

Dongwoo huffed and puffed, reaching into his back pocket for his wallet. Inside his wallet was Howon's business card, which Dongwoo had yet to put on his phone. He remembered it from the museum. A barcode. Dongwoo got his phone out and opened up the application for scanning codes. He aimed the camera right at the business card, fitting the barcode between two reference lines. Hurry up, hurry up. Two seconds, and the application changed to a dial screen.

Lee Howon. 

Scanning the barcode made a direct call to the KCIA agent. Dongwoo looked left and right, staring back at his phone. Call waiting. Dongwoo raised the phone to his head, hoping the dial tone to disappear anytime soon. Desperation hit, and Dongwoo needed Howon to answer immediately. When finally...

Ruffling in the background. "Hello?"

Late into the evening, and the voice on the other line did not sound sleepy in the sense. "This is Lee Howon."

"Hello..." Dongwoo choked up, taking one gulp before continuing. "Is this Howon? This is Dongwoo, the security guard from the National Museum of Korea. I... I need help right now. I'm scared."

Suddenly, a voice was heard from inside Dongwoo's kitchen. 

"Don't worry Dongwoo, I'm right here."

Dongwoo looked up and dropped his phone. Howon walked right out of the kitchen. hanging up the phone and revealing himself with a sly smile. "Good evening, Dongwoo." Howon smiled smugly, leaning against the side cabinet. "Quite an adventure you went on, huh?"

Dongwoo jumped off the floor and pointed at Howon, his wavering finger pointing all over the place. "What the hell is going on!"

"What the hell is going on is you were not careful, and instead of keeping private you exposed yourself drunk for everyone to see." Howon clicked his teeth, pointing at his phone. "It's about time you got my number. I was scared you weren't gonna call me back."

Dongwoo barely swore, but he was not in the mood for anything tonight. "'Howon, please cut the bull. I was almost jumped by a Purple Lotus, and I don't know what the hell is going on. Not to mention, how the hell did you get into my damn apartment!!"

"That is nothing to worry about," Howon swore, taking a step forward. "You were never in danger, really. Yes that occurred, but I followed you home. In fact... I've been following your every move for the past several days."

"You've been following me?!"

"Why yes. I told you already. You are a liability the safety of the world depends on. It is my job to make sure you do not get involved in haring situations. The Purple Lotus did in fact try to harm you today, but I was watching from a distance the entire time. I was going to attack if you could not handle yourself."

Dongwoo was at a loss for words. "And you decided to break into my house right after! I can't live like this!" Dongwoo kicked the side cabinet, which knocked down the picture of him and his father. "I've been living on pins and needles since that museum shift, and then you lay out this bomb that I'm the only person who knows information from that video, which showed absolutely nothing! I'm being chased down by the Purple Lotus, and now the KCIA is also watching my every move. I'm a security guard! What the hell am I supposed to do now?!"

"You train with me and the KCIA, starting tomorrow," Howon declared.

"I just can't describe... what did you say?" Dongwoo had more to say, but no words came out. His hands fell to his waist, twitching from the statement. 

Howon nodded his head. "There is no other choice but for you to train for the KCIA."

"Wait." Dongwoo put his hand out, barely understanding what was going on. "You want me... to work for you?"

"Yes."

"You want me to train? Why?"

"Well, you will be training under my authority. After your museum shifts, you will head promptly to the KCIA, in which you will be trained for tactics and fighting techniques that will allow you to protect yourself against the Purple Lotus when necessary. You will train for three hours every day. The preparations will require an intensive amount of work and much dedication, but I will assure you that by the end of it, you will be fully capable of defending yourself with the help of the KCIA right behind you. I will continue following you for your own protection, as well as recruit two more agents from the KCIA to watch over you when I am unavailable."

Dongwoo bit his lip, frightened yet intrigued by the thought. Train with the KCIA.

Howon covered his mouth, realizing the severity of the situation. "I do not know what you saw on the video, but if the time comes where the information on that video presents itself, you will be ready to save our nation. Your life is important to save the world."

Everything almost seemed like an impossible dream. An impossible dream that Dongwoo had always wanted for himself, to work for a protection agency and help others. Everything Dongwoo wished for himself, unmasking itself in the most unexpected way. Blinded by the opportunity, Dongwoo almost teared up in front of Howon. "Howon... I don't know what to..."

"You have a shift tomorrow at 10:00. I will pick you up from your work at 18:00 sharp in a black car parked at the National Museum parking lot. Do you understand?"

Dongwoo reluctantly nodded. His soul was sold to the cause, and Dongwoo felt invincible. Dongwoo barely thought of the possibilities in the future. All he knew was the KCIA needed him now. Howon needed him now. The world needed Dongwoo, the security guard, now. "Yes, I will be outside promptly."

"Good." Howon nodded his head, noticing the fallen picture frame on the cabinet. Howon grabbed the picture and placed it upright, staring at the picture of Dongwoo and his father when they were young. Howon stared back at Dongwoo, who lost in his own thoughts. "I will be in contact from no on. You will be safe in your apartment. Get some sleep tonight, Dongwoo. You're gonna need it."

Dongwoo slowly nodded his head, still in shock by everything he heard.

"Here."

Howon snapped his fingers, releasing a small object into the air.

Dongwoo blinked, and when he opened his eyes the object flew right into his face. It bounced off his nose, ricocheting right into the palms of his hands. Dongwoo raised the small object right and his heart raced.

Jang Dongwoo.

Title: Security Guard.

"I found your nametag. You still haven't gotten your new one, but you no longer need it. Also, I paid all your debt for this apartment. You no longer owe money and you will not be evicted." Howon passed by Dongwoo, who was stunned and showed no reaction. Dongwoo stared right at his identity. His pride. That was the day he got it all back. Howon clicked the door open, turning his head before he left for the night. "We need you, Dongwoo. We need a hero."

Howon left his apartment.

Dongwoo continued standing in his hallway, the image of his father's portrait right in his peripheral as his nametag revealed itself. He could not get enough of it, reading the title over and over.

Jang Dongwoo.

Title: Security Guard.

 

His new life would start now.