Chapter 12 - Love Tower

The Cherry Blossom Season

"Will ... will Mr. and Mrs. Kwon accept us?"

Youngbae looked up at the sky with observant eyes, noticing the little change in the colour of this big blue blanket that God had draped them in. It was getting dark but he felt enlightened. The conversation with Dr. Garnier had helped him clear his mind and plan his next steps carefully, making him feel somewhat at ease. And even though the medic hadn't been able to properly answer his last question, Youngbae, at least, could be sure that one of his main concerns could be dismissed soon: According to the doctor, Jiyong would be able to return his feelings in his own way. 

And it was up to Youngbae to lure them out of him so that he could finally give him his heart and officially make the brunette his. That's right, in the educator's eyes, it would be official the moment Jiyong would say 'yes' to him. To him, those three letters would indicate the beginning of a new chapter, a chapter in which he would be more than just an educator, a chapter in which he would devote his whole life to Jiyong. Though he was afraid that this chapter could be ended abruptly by the brunette's parents if they didn't approve of their relationship, leaving them with a terrible cliffhanger. 

Youngbae tightened his grip on Jiyong's hand as he led him through the crowdy parisian streets. His heart was beating violently against his chest, partly out of nervousness and partly out of fear. If the Kwons didn't like the idea of them being together, what would he do? They just had to accept them. After all, if he left Jiyong, it wouldn't be only his life that would be ruined. They couldn't just replace him, could they? And certainly, they couldn't stop Youngbae from loving their son. 

But what if ... 

"Bae, where are we going? My feet are tired."

The educator glaned over his shoulder, meeting his favourite pair of brown eyes. He saw that Jiyong was pouting, which made him smile slightly. He squeezed his hand.

"It's a surprise. I promise it's not far from here."

Jiyong remembered the last time the older man had 'surprised' him and started shaking, his chest tightening. "B-bae, you won't leave, will you? You won't tell me that you are going home to Korea, right? It won't be like in Disneyland, right?", he asked hopefully.

As a response, Youngbae suddenly stood still and pulled him into a small alley in order to avoid the many people who were walking on the sidewalk. Jiyong bit his lip as his educator started straightening the collars of his jacket, zipping it up before he put his hands on either side of his shoulders. "My home is where you are, Ji. And I am not intending to leave it so soon."  

Youngbae pressed his lips against the younger man's forehead, flashing him a smile afterwards. "Don't worry. This time will be very different. I promise you." He winked before reaching out for Jiyong's hand again, not without noticing the slight blush on his cheeks that made him look adorable.

With that, the two of them proceeded walking, the atmosphere between them having become much more cheerful. The older man would occasionally swing their interwined hands back and forth, causing Jiyong to giggle. It felt like they were almost there, almost where Youngbae wanted them to be. By now, the sky had gotten slightly darker, but it didn't matter because the bright lights coming from the Eiffel Tower were illuminating their surroundings beautifully. 

They had finally reached their destination.

"Bae!", Jiyong exclaimed excitedly, "I want to go up there! Can we go? Please!" 

Youngbae laughed at how the brunette was jumping up and down, hand still interwined with his. "That's why we are here, aren't we?", he said playfully, which resulted in the brunette jumping at him with such a force, the educator lost his balance for a second. 

"Woah!", he chuckled. "Be easy on me, will you?", he said, securing his arms around the younger man's waist, secretely melting into the other's warm hug.

Jiyong giggled. "You are the best, Bae!" 

 


 

Some years before, when Youngbae first landed in France, he had been disappointed. The whole world was talking about the glamourous metropole that was Paris, the fashionable people and the romantic atmosphere that was surrounding the streets. However, reality was different. There was no magic and no glamour at all - at least not for those who weren't filthy rich. To Youngbae, the streets had been nothing but grey in the beginning. 

Now that he was standing on the Eiffel Tower together with Jiyong, overseeing the city, he had a total different image of Paris. Okay, it was dark and he couldn't really make out much but the flashy lights in contrast with the blue-black sky painted such a captivating picture into the air that even 'Mona Lisa' suddenly seemed like the cheapest painting ever. 

Youngbae shifted his eyes to the, according to him, only thing that could surpass the beautiful view in front of them: Jiyong's profile, his face illuminated by the lights, exposing his mesmerizing features. A sudden wind blew through his brown hair, spreading its wonderful scent into the air. Youngbae's eyes explored his profile, drinking the image of him staring at the nightsky, smiling to himself. 

Snap.

Jiyong reacted to the sound of a camera, turning to his right only to see his educator grinning, cellphone raised as he was taking pictures of him. 

"Bae, you are supposed to take pictures of Paris like the other people.", he giggled, "Not of me, silly!" 

"Hm.", Youngbae hummed. "But you are more beautiful than Paris in my eyes."

He gave Jiyong a sincere smile to which the other blushed and turned away, eyeing the nightsky again. "I am not." Shivering at the soft breeze, the brunette wrapped his arms around himself. However, seconds later, he already felt his educator's chest pressing against his back, his muscular arms enveloping him. Jiyong's breath hitched when Youngbae leaned his chin on his shoulder, his warm breath ghosting over the shell of his ear, whispering sweet words. 

"You know what you are supposed to do? Believe me when I call you beautiful, beautiful."

"S-stop calling me that."

"Why? Do you dislike it so much?", Youngbae pretended to be sad.

"No but I feel funny inside when you say such things."

"Jiyong, do you ... I mean ... do you hate it when I make you feel 'funny' inside?"

The brunette thought for a while, leaning back into the warm embrace. "I think I am used to it.", he smiled. "I always feel like this when you hug me. And ... I like it when you touch me. So I actually don't hate that 'funny' feeling, no."

Youngbae's heart raced at Jiyong's words. Though they were so innocent, they held so much information in them, it made him feel all fuzzy. The educator sighed into the younger man's shoulder, lightheaded. "Jiyong?"

"Hm."

"What else do you feel when you are with me?"

The brunette inhaled, trying to calm his heart. Right, he had never really told Youngbae how his heart raced whenever he was with him, how his breath hitched and how his face flushed. "I ... "

"Tell me.", Youngbae cooed into his ear, kissing his temple. "I want to know it so badly. Please tell me what you feel for me, Ji."

By now, Jiyong's knees became butter and he barely had any strength to stand on the ground, so he leaned in further into the strong chest that offered so much warmth and comfort to him. "I-I feel like ... my heart is always beating fast and ... and sometimes I can't even breath and my stomach tickles. It feels weird b-but I still like it when when you're near me, like now. B-but the funny thing is that only you can make me feel like this and no one else." The brunette said the last sentence within one breath, panting afterwards. 

Youngbae smiled, biting his lip in order to surpress a silly grin that threatened to appear on his face. In this moment, he felt like the luckiest person on earth and each 'symptom' that Jiyong had enumerated started to show.  

With a gentle move, he made the brunette turn around in his arms, lifting one hand in order to palm one of his rosy cheeks. His gaze wandered and, like always, landed on the perfect set of lips that Jiyong had. Youngbae grazed those soft pink pillows with his thumb, mesmerized as they parted automatically under his touch. 

"Bae, can you kiss me?" 

The educator felt his protégé's voice vibrating on his tumb and it gave him chills. His other hand crept up from Jiyong's waist to his other cheek. Youngbae cupped that beautiful face and nodded before leaning in, hands shaking as he started kissing those lips with passion, massaging them gently. This was nothing like the pecks they had shared before, this was a kiss. This was a promise

Jiyong felt lightheaded but oh so amazing. Youngbae was kissing him so wonderfully, he never wanted to stop. Hands clutched at the back of the educator's jacket, trying to hold onto something because his knees wobbled so much, he became afraid of falling down or fainting. His cheeks burned, eyes closed, lips being carressed gently and yet determinedly. Jiyong didn't know how to move his mouth but that didn't matter. Youngbae would take care of everything. Like always.

Time had stopped for the both of them before the older man eventually released those lips, both of their breaths heavy from the lack of air. Hands that still cupped Jiyong's cheeks his flushing skin and the brunette leaned in to the touch like it was the most natural thing in the world. And then, a silent whisper disturbed the sound of heavy breaths. 

"Jiyong." , Youngbae said adoringly before he lowered his body in front of him with one knee on the ground. He took both of the brunette's hands into his own and looked up to him and his muddled presence. "The feelings that you have when you are near me, I have those, too when I am around you. I have always have. I feel the same things for you, Jiyong and I don't want to feel anything else but this 'funny' feeling in my stomach whenever I kiss or hug you. To be honest, I cannot even imagine my days without you anymore, it's like you have put a spell on me and I am gladly under it. I want to be under it forever and spend my whole life with you, Jiyong. I want to take you to every tower of this world and let you have the most beautiful views in the world. Yes I ..." , Youngbae had to pause for a while, because of a sob that escaped his throat, "I don't have anyone but you right now. You are all I have and more and ... and I don't know if you will understand me or if you get what I am trying to say but ... I love you, Jiyong."

He didn't even bother with the teardrops anymore but let them fall freely because he had just uttered everything he had hidden in his heart for so long.

Jiyong dropped down to his knees, unaware of the people that had surrounded them, and used his sleeve to wipe those little droplets away. "Bae, does ... does that mean that we will be together forever?" 

Youngbae nodded. "Only if ... if you can accept me. And if your parents can accept us."

The brunette smiled and hugged the educator tightly, wrapping his arms around his neck. "Don't cry please. They can't take you away from me, Bae. You will always be mine now because I ... I love you, too."

"Oh, Jiyong."

Youngbae burried his face in his lover's neck, inhaling his scent. The clapping of hands was heard, people gave them applause. 

They say that you can find love at many places. It just happened that Youngbae found it in the capital of love.

J+Y = ♥


A/N: Next chapter will be the final I guess! :-) I think I can make it, yay :D