Scheme

Off Limits
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was the first time that I called in an urgent meeting as the CEO of AOMG and it was an odd feeling having them actually appear. I honestly thought they would just ignore my text message, but they didn't. And I was very thankful for that. However, they didn't seem to be interested in the meeting as they all continued playing with their phones.


"Hyoni wants to resign," I told them straight forward. And upon hearing that they stopped what they were doing previously and all turned their attention towards me. Loco even dropped his phone by surprise.

"Jay, what did you do wrong?" Simon suspected me immediately and raised his eyebrow while glaring at me.

"Yeah! Did you chase her away or something like that?"

"It's not always my fault!" I defended myself and let out a laugh.

"Well, if it's not you then it's Gray," Elo said and turned his head to him suspiciously. Gray held up his hands innocently.

"You both are the closest to her. And she doesn't have a problem with us, so it's either one of you," Loco explained.

"Hold on...has it anything to do with her debts by chance?" Simon concluded.

"Debts? What are you talking about?" Loco and Elo asked in chorus and both turned their heads to him confused.

"Why does everybody know what's going on? Are we the only ones left out?" Elo looked at the two of us demanding an answer.

"Well, I think we're more clueless. And could you please talk a little slower, so I can follow?" Hep said on behalf of him and Cha Cha. Living in Korea for more than a year and interacting with Koreans, Hep was able to understand the language a little bit, although he couldn't speak very well.

"Hyoni is in trouble," I tried to explain without revealing too much, because I promised her I wouldn't tell.

"She put her trust into the wrong person. She made huge debts and the only way to pay him back was through drug dealing. And now he is threatening her," Gray told them everything without hesitation. I looked at him shocked, but he only released a smile. "We're family they would have found out sooner or later anyway. I know she doesn't want any of us getting involved, but I would do everything in order to protect her. Even if it's against her will. She is just too stubborn sometimes."

"I'm sick of secrets," Elo sighed and leaned back to his seat. He crossed his arms in front of his chest and stared and us with a judging expression. I could see he was angry for not telling him anything.

"Hyoni always helped me whenever I was in trouble, now it's our turn to be there for her," Loco said decisive. Now I realized that their bond was actually stronger than I thought. They were a family indeed. Maybe they didn't talk about every little thing but if the chips were down, they would all be there to lend a helping hand.

"So what should we do? Beat the guy up?" Simon said jokingly, but he would if he had to.

"Sure, then he calls his gang and we're all dead," Gray chuckled while rolling his eyes.

"What do they even want her to do?" Elo asked.

"To keep selling drugs," I replied.

                                                                                                               ~*~
Flashback - Hyoni's POV

I was about to enter the building when I suddenly heard someone calling my name. I froze on the spot upon hearing that male voice I could have recognized anywhere. I didn't dare to turn around, as I wasn't ready to meet him yet. No, it was way too early. He found me way too fast.

"Hyoni," he said again and this time I could feel his breath behind me. I gulped hard and turned around while raising my eyebrow.

"What do you want?" I tried to sound nonchalantly and looked at him uninterested.

"Do you really thought you could hide forever?" He chuckled.

"I was not hiding."

"Hyoni, we're in it together. There's no way out," he shook his head at me.

"I already payed back all the debts," I retorted.

"Yes, I wonder where you got that money from. You can't turn rich over one night. So who is it this time? Who did you use this time?" He raised an eyebrow at me and released a smirk.

"It's none of your business. You should leave no

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter