Take a deeper look

Off Limits
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Today was Hyoni's first day of work, so we all gathered at the entrance to give her a warm welcome. When the door opened I could feel the excitement of the guys growing in anticipation.


"Hyoni!" Loco and Elo shouted in unison in a high pitched voice and ran to her to greet her with a hug.

"You know her?" I asked surprised.

"Yeah, she helped us a lot in the past. She’s our bro," Elo happily  replied with a smile while messing with her hair.

"She's not only 'one of Gray's cousin'," Loco mimicked Gray and laughed. "Hyoni's his best friend."

I turned my head to Gray and raised my eyebrow at him. He held up his hands innocently.
"Cousin sounded way more professional," he said in his defense. Then he also walked to her and hugged her tightly. "Welcome to AOMG, baby!"

"The only company where the CEO is clueless as ," I added with a chuckle while shaking my head in disbelief.
"Well, this is Chase Malone and Hiep Do," I introduced the two boys standing next to me.

"Cha Cha imnida," he said in Korean and shook her hand. 

"Hep," Hep said simply and also shook her hand.

"And the guy over there is Jung Ki-seok," I said while pointing to him.

"Why so formal?” He interrupted my introduction and laughed. “Just call me Simon.”

"I need to get some credibility back," I said while letting out a chuckle.

"I don’t think credibility exists in this company,“ he said and shook his head at me teasingly.

"Clearly, something is going wrong in this office," Gray joined in mocking me.

"It's still sangjanim for you," I reminded him in a serious voice and they all just started laughing, as they knew I wasn’t being serious at all.

"I'll show you around, "Gray said enthusiatically and disappeared with Hyoni and the three boys from VV:D.

"Dude, you could have mentioned how hot she was! Now I'll have difficulties sticking to the pact." Hep laughed and threw himself onto the couch.

"Too bad, I have a girlfriend," Cha Cha joked.

"What should I have said? That I just hired one of the prettiest girls in Korea?" I laughed and suddenly I heard a noise from behind, so I turned around. To my surprise Hyoni was standing right there.

"I forgot my bag," she pointed to the black object on the floor. I panicked, realizing that she may have heard what I just said. But then again I talked in English so she probably didn't understand a word anyway. I sighed in relief at that thought. 

Before going into the studio she turned around again with a smirk on her face.
"By the way, thanks for the compliment," she said in perfect English and winked at me. 

"W-What?" I stuttered while looking at her wide-eyed with my mouth hanging wide open.

"You should have read my résumé," she stuck her tongue out and disappeared behind the door.

. Can it get any more embarrassing? I guess it's proven, I really am the most awkward CEO.

"Can you give me her application? I really want to know who you dragged into our company," Simon laughed at my cluelessness.

"Sure," I answered and got up from my seat to get the file.

"Name: Lee Hyoni. Age: 25. She majored in Arts and Design i---," suddenly Simon stopped in the middle of his sentence and looked at me in disbelief with wide eyes.

"What?" I asked nervously.

"In Yale," he finished his sentence.

"Yale?!" Cha Cha exclaimed in a high pitched voice and turned his head to Simon with his mouth hanging wide open.
"That's like the best university for Arts and Design. And I know that because I tried to apply back then.”

"Damn! Jay, you hit the jackpot," Simons said while nodding his head impressed and proudly patted me on my back. I only stared at him speechless.

                                                                                                             ~*~

Weeks have passed and it seemed like Hyoni finally got used to her new workplace and us. To be honest I was kind of worried that she would have difficulties to adjust as she was the only girl in this company. However, I was proven wrong. Since she already knew some of the guys she didn’t feel uncomfortable at all and they treated her like she was one of us. We all tried our best to make her feel welcomed and it seemed to work.

 
Hyoni and I were having lunch while the others were working on their own stuff. They all were eager to put out their best music and Hep was avid to come up with a new gear design. So there was only the both of us left.

“I listened to your album,” she said with a grin on her face. I looked at her nervously waiting for her resp

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter