►5

The mama's boy and the spoilt brat

‘Sungyeol ah! I’m going out with Hoya tonight. Care to join us?’ Dongwoo sat beside Sungyeol at the cafeteria, placing his tray of food down.

 

‘No thanks. I’d rather rot away at home than being a tag-along.’ Sungyeol smiled as he ate his kimchi fried rice.

 

‘Myungsoo is coming too.’ Dongwoo whispered.

 

‘…’ Sungyeol remained silent when he heard that name.

 

‘Right. I’ll tell you where we’re going okay? We’ll be going to an orchestra concert at five. Here’s the ticket, you can decided yourself, in case you change your mind.’

 

Sungyeol stared at the ticket. Yeah, Sungyeol loved orchestra concerts, since he was a music person, but still… He unconsciously checked his phone and felt a little disappointed. Wait, why was he feeling disappointed? Because Myungsoo didn’t ask him out personally? What’s wrong with him today? Too much female hormones produced? Didn’t Sungyeol wished that Myungsoo wouldn’t find or bother him? Sungyeol sighed as he pocketed the ticket.

 

__________________________________________________________________________________

 

‘Should I ask Sungyeol to go out with me?’ Myungsoo stared at the orchestra ticket that Hoya passed to him.

 

Myungsoo blew some air out of his lungs. He knew that Sungyeol was shocked after yesterday’s confrontation. He knew that his thought had been right. He knew all those and he was willing to bear all the pain and consequences that would brought along this so-called relationship they were having, but Sungyeol wouldn’t like him bothering him about some orchestra concert, moreover, he might sound lame. Myungsoo debated with himself for about fifteen minutes when he came to a conclusion that he should give Sungyeol a call, it was worth a shot. He waited for many rings and when he thought he should just give up and hang up the call, Sungyeol picked up.

 

‘Sungyeol ssi.’ Myungsoo wasn’t expecting this and he tried to hide the surprise in his voice.

 

‘Yes?’

 

‘Are you free tonight? I want to, um, I…’ Myungsoo stuttered.

 

‘What do you want to say exactly?’ Sungyeol sounded irritated.

 

. Myungsoo cursed in his mind and took a few deep breathes.

 

‘I want to go to an orchestra concert. Are you free to go? Dongwoo has passed you the ticket, hasn’t he?’ Myungsoo had calmed down a little.

 

‘… I’ll think about it. If I appear tonight, means a yes.’ Sungyeol replied coldly and he hung up.

 

Myungsoo slowly put his phone back to his pocket, well, it was most probably a no then.

 

__________________________________________________________________________________

 

Sungyeol chuckled after he hung up. He was acting to be irritated, well to be more precise, he was really shock and he almost dropped his dear phone since he had been holding it but he decided to wait for a while more before picking it up so that he didn’t sound that eager. Maybe, he would go to the concert. Maybe.

 

__________________________________________________________________________________

 

‘Can you two stop?’ Myungsoo grunted when Dongwoo and Hoya acted lovey dovey in front of him. He was jealous that they had someone to cuddle with, someone to care for. Myungsoo sighed for the millionth time as he tried to spot Sungyeol in the huge crowd approaching. Myungsoo looked at his watch. 7.59 p.m. If Sungyeol didn’t appear any sooner, they might not be able to make it for the concert since the orchestra concert would start at 8.30p.m. And they had to be seated fifteen minutes earlier, it was the basic concert etiquette.

 

‘Myungsoo, if he really didn’t come, just go inside and enjoy yourself, okay? Hoya and I will go in and help you guys take two seats while waiting for you.’ Dongwoo patted Myungsoo’s shoulder and gave him a reassured smile, Myungsoo returned a weak one instead.

 

On the other hand, Sungyeol had been seated in a café near where Myungsoo and the guys were waiting for him. He felt guilty for making Dongwoo and Hoya to wait for him. Sungyeol pressed the start button of his phone and the time displayed was 8.05p.m. Should he appear or should he just wait for Myungsoo to go for the concert and then he tried to sneak into the auditorium hall to listen to the concert. After all, it was his favorite orchestra team performing and it was pretty rare to get the tickets. He stared at Myungsoo’s disappointed figure through the glass panel.

 

Myungsoo looked at the crowd again. There still wasn’t any sigh of Sungyeol, not even a shadow of him. Myungsoo took out his phone. Right. He should make a call to Sungyeol before he give up waiting for him, who knows, Sungyeol might be stuck at the traffic and was actually on his way here? He tapped on Sungyeol’s number and called. To his surprise, Sungyeol picked up after a few ring.

 

‘Sungyeol ssi. Where are you now? The concert’s going to start soon.’ Myungsoo asked, a hint of misery in his voice.

 

‘… Did I say that I’ll definitely appear?’ Sungyeol hid a smile as he bite onto his inner cheeks, hard so that he wouldn’t smile.

 

‘No but… Okay, I get what you mean. I was… hoping that you can make it.’ Myungsoo said, his eyes travelled to the ground.

 

‘You wanted me to go?’ Sungyeol asked, oh gosh, he needed to end the call so badly or else he would really laugh out.

 

‘Yeah.’ Myungsoo quietly admitted, his cheeks felt as though they were on fire. Since when did he become so mushy and so honest? He felt that he was pretty pathetic, he must’ve sounded like some five years old who was begging for sweets from his parents.

 

‘Oh. Well, I’ve got to go now.’ Sungyeol wanted to hang up so that he could laugh, his control was slipping out of his hand.

 

‘Bye.’ Myungsoo said before hanging up and stared at his phone, disappointment washed over him.

 

Sungyeol laughed like a lunatic and got judged by the people in the café. Okay. Myungsoo was nice enough to not force him to go to concert with him. Maybe he really had changed over years? Sungyeol concluded, but he shook off any thoughts.

 

Revenge, Lee Sungyeol. Revenge. You must be firm in this and don’t be a softie this time. Sungyeol told himself. Although he really didn’t want to go concert with Myungsoo, but it would be a great chance to create an illusion and he could reach his target at the end of the day. Yep. So he should appear.

 

Myungsoo stoned for five minutes or so, before standing up and walked towards the auditorium hall entrance. Someone bumped against him but Myungsoo didn’t care since it was really crowded.

 

‘I thought someone wanted me to be here?’ A familiar voice teased and Myungsoo immediately turned his head to the source of the voice and ended up staring into its owner’s eyes.

 

‘S-Sungyeol ssi?’ Myungsoo stuttered and his eyes widened in shock. Sungyeol gave him a boyish grin as he walked beside Myungsoo. He was wearing a black shirt with black pants, his hair styled nicely and Myungsoo thought he just saw the most gorgeous being on earth. ‘Y-You came?’

 

‘No. He didn’t. I’m Lee Sungyeol’s twin.’ Sungyeol replied sarcastically. ‘If we don’t go in any sooner, the security won’t let us in.’

 

‘Oh okay.’ Myungsoo grinned like a Cheshire cat as he grabbed Sungyeol’s arm and pulled through the crowd so that they wouldn’t be separated and entered the hall, found Dongwoo and Hoya and sat down quietly. Sungyeol greeted the both of them with a small smile before staring at the stage to look at each of the instrument and the program booklet introducing the performance.

 

Myungsoo wore a silly grin throughout the performance.

 

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

A/N: When was the last time I updated? May 19, 2014. Gosh. I didn'thave time for updates and yay! I managed to type up one. Hope it didn't . >< I really need to apologize. I'm so sorry. I had been busy so it is not possible to be on AFF as often. :( I'll try to update again sooner or later. How do you guys find the chapter?

 

Please do leave me a comment. :)

Thanks for subbing and reading! ^^