►1

The mama's boy and the spoilt brat

‘Sungyeol!’ Dongwoo rushed to Sungyeol when class ended. They were studying in the same university.

 

‘Hyung.’ Sungyeol looked up from his notes then looked down again to continue scribbling his notes furiously.

 

‘I’m going to a party tonight. Do you want to join me?’ Dongwoo sat on the edge of Sungyeol’s table, occupying a quarter of Sungyeol’s table. As expected, Sungyeol shook his head while he pulled out some of the papers that were under Dongwoo’s .

 

‘Why? Sungyeol, you seriously should go out and meet more people. I mean, you can’t stay like this forever you know. You have to expand your friend circle and not rejecting every single one who tried to approach you.’ Dongwoo followed Sungyeol, who was walking towards the cafeteria.

 

‘I didn’t reject you, did I?’ Sungyeol tilted his head and looked at Dongwoo half-smiling.

 

‘You just did. I asked you to go to a party with me and you rejected me.’ Dongwoo pouted.

 

‘Fine. But at least tell me what type of party that is? I have to be mentally prepared you know.’ Sungyeol stopped in his track.

 

‘Well, you’ll get to know more people, or maybe find someone you can spend your life with.’ Sungyeol’s brows raised upon hearing that.

 

‘You mean, a match-making party?’

 

‘N-not really. It’s more like trying your luck. Come on, Sungyeol! I really want to meet someone special to spend my life with. I can’t go alone, it’ll be so awkward.’

 

‘Chill. I’m just asking. Anyway, I’m not someone who will go back on my own words.’ Sungyeol joined the queue for food.

 

‘Yay! Sungyeol you’re the best dongsaeng ever!’ Dongwoo happily jumped up and down, Sungyeol chuckled at the cuteness of his hyung as he waited for his turn to order his lunch.

 

_____________________________________________________________________

 

‘Hey Myung! Look at this!’ Hoya ran over to Myungsoo, shoving his phone at Myungsoo’s handsome face.

 

‘What?’ Myungsoo looked at Hoya with an annoyed look on his face.

 

‘There’ll be a party tonight! Let’s go together! I’ve been going these parties in the past and it was super fun!’

 

‘Huh?’ Myungsoo read the email from Hoya’s phone and he almost threw a punch at Hoya’s face after he had finished reading. ‘Yah! Lee Howon! Since when I have to go for a match-making party? I’m never lack of girl---Boyfriends!’

 

‘I know. I know. Myungsoo. You change boyfriend as though you’re changing clothes. It’s really time to settle down you know, settle down as in have a stable relationship.’ Hoya snatched back his phone before Myungsoo could smash it onto the floor.

 

‘Gee, thanks for saying as though I’m a playboy and for being my mom.’ Myungsoo grumbled and rolled his eyes at Hoya.

 

‘Oh come on. Just go for once! I mean, it wouldn’t kill you would it?’ Hoya pleaded and Myungsoo sighed. How could he reject his best friend that he knew since he was in middle school? He could only raise up both of his hands in surrender and agree.

 

‘Yes! So tonight at 6pm I’ll go to your home to hunt you down.’ Hoya practically skipped away, pulling Myungsoo along.

 

_____________________________________________________________________

 

‘Umma, I’m going out tonight with Dongwoo hyung. Don’t have to leave dinner for me.’ Sungyeol told Mrs Lee who was watching drama in the living room after he showered and ready to meet Dongwoo.

 

‘Okay. Be safe. Come back early so that your appa will not be worried.’ Mrs Lee flashed him a smile and Sungyeol nodded in return.

 

‘Okay. Bye umma.’ Sungyeol stepped out of his home and was greeted by a an excited Dongwoo outside his home.

 

‘You look so good. Let’s go.’ Dongwoo skipped as he led the way.

 

They reached the mall and went to one of the restaurant, where the party was held. Sungyeol looked around as he walked behind Dongwoo closely, but he froze and stopped when he saw someone.

 

‘He’s not him, is he?’ Sungyeol asked himself in his mind as he kept his head low, avoiding to make eye contact with a person dressed in black skinny jeans and shirt.

 

‘Sungyeol, let’s sit here.’ Dongwoo had led him to the table where the person was seated at.

 

‘H-hyung…’ Sungyeol pulled Dongwoo’s sleeve as though he was five, fear and hatred filled his eyes.

 

‘It’s alright. Just sit here since there isn’t any other seat.’ Dongwoo reassured Sungyeol and gave him a pat on his back.

 

_____________________________________________________________________

 

The whole thing bored Myungsoo to death, until someone entered the venue. He was walking behind a dinosaur-looking guy. He was tall and handsome, maybe even beautiful. Myungsoo kept on staring at him and as though felt someone stared at him, the stranger looked at him but froze.

 

‘He must be taken aback by how handsome I look.’ Myungsoo thought to himself.

 

The stranger quickly broke the eye contact and looked down, as though he was shy. Myungsoo prayed hard that the particular stranger that caught his eyes would sit at the same table as he and Hoya was sitting. Hoya had already disappeared and was talking to some of his friends whom Myungsoo wasn’t so interested in. As though the angels heard his prayer, the dinosaur-looking guy led the taller one to his table. Myungsoo cheered in his mind.

 

‘Hi. What’s your name?’ The dinosaur-looking guy asked Myungsoo as soon as he sat down.

 

‘Kim Myungsoo. How about you?’

 

‘I’m Jang Dongwoo. This is my friend, Lee Sungyeol.’ Dongwoo smiled widely and at his point of time, Hoya came back to join them.

 

‘Hello. I’m Lee Howon. But I prefer others calling me Hoya.’ Hoya introduced himself without anyone reminding him to.

 

‘I’m Jang Dongwoo and this is Lee Sungyeol, My friend.’ Dongwoo repeated.

 

Sungyeol was still looking down, avoiding all eye contacts.

 

‘…It’s really him…. Kim Myungsoo…’ Sungyeol closed his eyes for a minute as he felt his heart starting to pain.

 

‘Sungyeol-ssi, how old are you?’ Myungsoo asked and Hoya threw him a funny look, but Myungsoo ignored him. Sungyeol clutched the fabric of his jeans and trembled slightly.

 

‘I’m 21 this year.’

 

‘So you’re older than me by a year? Nice to meet you anyway.’ Myungsoo extended his hand for a handshake but Sungyeol slapped away Myungsoo’s hand. Hoya and Dongwoo’s eyes widen in shock. They didn’t expect Sungyeol to react this way.

 

‘Stop acting nice when you’re a .’ Sungyeol looked up angrily and snarled at the shocked Myungsoo.

 

‘Have I done anything wrong?’ Myungsoo asked Sungyeol with concern and took a few steps nearer to Sungyeol.

 

‘Don’t come any nearer you spoilt brat!’ Sungyeol warned and a few participants in the party turned to see what the commotion was all about. Sungyeol turned and made his way to the exit but Myungsoo grabbed his hand.

 

‘Let go of me!’ Sungyeol tried to shake off Myungsoo’s hand but Myungsoo’s grib was strong. He pried off Myungsoo’s fingers.

 

‘I’m sorry.’ Myungsoo blurted out. ‘For whatever I’ve done.’

 

‘I don’t need your insincere apology. I hate you.’ Sungyeol glared at him.

 

‘Why? I’ve only met you today. Did we know each other by any chance?’ Myungsoo felt a wave of panic hit him. He was about to lost Sungyeol.

 

‘Have we meet each other before? Ha! Let me tell you. My surname is not Lee originally but Park. Park Sungyeol. The one that you asked to go hell.’ Sungyeol smiled bitterly.

 

‘Park Sungyeol?’ Myungsoo was cracking his head trying to remember where this familiar yet foreign name was from. Sungyeol took that chance and left permanently.

 

‘What’s going on, Myungsoo? Are you okay?’ Hoya asked Myungsoo carefully.

 

‘Sungyeol!’ Dongwoo chased after Sungyeol.

 

‘Spoilt brat? Isn’t it the nickname that everyone called me during elementary school? How did Sungyeol know about this? Do I really know him?’ Myungsoo ignored Hoya and mumbled to himself.

 

_____________________________________________________________________

 

‘Sungyeol! What’s wrong with you?’ Dongwoo was panting heavily.

 

‘Leave me alone for today, hyung. Please. Just go back to enjoy the party without me. I’m fine by myself.’ Sungyeol kept on walking but Dongwoo stood in front of him and shook his shoulders.

 

‘Sungyeol! I’m not leaving you in this state! Just tell me what’s wrong okay?’ Dongwoo said.

 

‘Please hyung. I need time alone. To think. Just go back if you feel bad that you asked me to come to the party.’ Sungyeol gave him a fake smile, leaving Dongwoo alone at the street.

 

Sungyeol stopped when he reached a park, he sat on a bench and hugged his knees as he closed his eyes in pain.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

 

A/N: Hey guys! How do you all find the first chapter? Okay?

Thanks for subbing, reading and upvoting it. ><

Do leave me a comment to let me know how you all think. :)

 

See ya!