►4

The mama's boy and the spoilt brat

‘Oh! You’re here!’ Myungsoo gave Sungyeol one of his brightest smile and Sungyeol almost shivered.

 

‘Yeah.’ Sungyeol took a seat.

 

They just stared at each other for five minutes like that until they both of them broke the awkward silence at the same time.

 

‘Well…’

 

‘You…’

 

‘You can go ahead first.’ Myungsoo offered.

 

‘Okay.’ Sungyeol cleared his throat. ‘I’m going to state some of the rules or else we’ll not go out together.’

 

‘Rules?’ Myungsoo’s brows raised, he should’ve seen that coming, didn’t Sungyeol said that he hated him?

 

‘Yup. Just a simple one. No touching each other. And it is not necessary that I pick up your call or messages.’ Sungyeol said while his fingers tapped the table casually.

 

‘Since you hate me, right?’ Myungsoo smiled and said bitterly while Sungyeol just nodded in reply.

 

Well, Myungsoo should had known better that going out with Sungyeol had something fishy going on. He let out a small sigh as he looked out of the window of the café. To be honest, Myungsoo knew that it would be a revenge for how he had treated Sungyeol in the past, leaving a deep scar in Sungyeol’s heart.

 

‘Sungyeol ssi, I know that you going out with me is to carry out revenge.’ Myungsoo looked at Sungyeol. ‘I really don’t mind about how you treat me, as long as I’m near you, I’m satisfied.’

 

Sungyeol looked at Myungsoo as though he was insane. How on earth could someone be so happy that he was going to get hurt?

 

‘Are you mad or something?’ Sungyeol blurted out before he could stop himself.

 

‘Nope. Thanks for the concern but no. I’m willing to pay back, I don’t really care about myself, as long as you can let go of the past, and I’m at your service.’ Myungsoo shrugged as though the whole thing was none of his business.

 

‘Whatever. Look, I have to go and fetch my younger brother now. See you.’ Sungyeol got up from his seat, leaving Myungsoo alone.

 

On his way to the middle school, Sungyeol thought about what Myungsoo said. That was the first time he met someone like this. No, it wasn’t the first time he met Myungsoo but he just felt… Uneasy about the whole revenge plan he had in mind. Yes, Sungyeol was planning to pretend to fall in love with Myungsoo and break his heart, but after listening to what Myungsoo had said, he felt somewhat guilty.

 

‘You can’t back out now, Lee Sungyeol, it’s the only chance that you can free the small boy in your dream. Wake up, Lee Sungyeol, Kim Myungsoo is planning something to hurt you. Don’t let down your guard.’ Sungyeol told himself.

 

‘Hyung!’ Daeyeol waved at him and ran into Sungyeol’s arms.

 

‘Aigoo! My dear dongsaeng. Have fun in school today?’ Sungyeol smiled at his brother’s cuteness.

 

‘Yup! I definitely have! You know what? My homeroom teacher seated me with my best friend!’ Daeyeol jumped up and down.

 

‘Really? What’s your best friend’s name?’

 

‘Kim Moonsoo! Cool name isn’t it?’ Daeyeol beamed.

 

‘Nice name. Come on. Let’s go home, or else umma will get paranoid.’ Sungyeol nodded as he led his brother to the bus stop.

 

‘Okay.’ Daeyeol obediently followed his elder brother.

 

__________________________________________________________________________________

 

Meanwhile, Myungsoo was still in the café, thinking about how he could help Sungyeol. It was so ironic. He was the one who caused Sungyeol to become like this, while he was the one trying to change him again. Myungsoo laughed bitterly as he drank the Americano, which was nothing compared to the bitterness he was feeling in his heart. His phone rang. It was Hoya. Myungsoo asked him to join him.

 

‘So, how’s your first date going? Good?’ Hoya sat down the moment he arrived.

 

‘Good? I don’t know. I really don’t. I don’t even know why I become like this and delivering to hell.’ Myungsoo looked at his coffee.

 

‘Huh? I thought you’re so happy the other day? What’s wrong with you?’ Hoya looked concerned, well, who wouldn’t when your best friend looked happy and then the next moment he looked as though he was going to commit suicide?

 

‘I wish I know what’s wrong with me too.’ Myungsoo sighed.

 

‘Yah, did you just get dumped by Sungyeol? Eyy. I knew it. I know that you’ll not make it in this relationship.’

 

‘It’s not that. Aish! Never mind. Mind your own business. I’m going home now.’ Myungsoo got up from his seat and threw a few bills on the table.

 

‘Myungsoo ah, Myungsoo. What’s wrong with you exactly? Are you that desperate for Sungyeol’s love? Are you really hoping that after Sungyeol overcome the barrier, he’ll love you for real?’ Myungsoo laughed at himself.

 

‘I’m so silly. It’ll never happen.’ Myungsoo concluded.

 

‘I’m back.’ Myungsoo announced as he stepped into the house.

 

‘Hyung!’ Moonsoo ran to his elder brother. ‘Are you okay?’

 

‘Yeah. Do your homework or something. I’m tired today, don’t bother me.’ Myungsoo waved off his younger brother.

 

‘Myungsoo ah! Have you eaten your dinner?’ Mrs Kim yelled from the kitchen.

 

‘I’m not hungry.’ Myungsoo replied and went to his room, not forgetting to lock his door, flopped down onto his bed.

 

He got up again and sat at his study table while he took out his diary. He took a black pen from his table and wrote into the diary.

 

From now on, Kim Myungsoo will no longer exist as Kim Myungsoo, but as Sungyeol’s shadow. It’s time to pay the debt I had owned for so long.

 

____________________________________________________________________________________________

 

A/N: Hey everyone! It's been a long time. I'm really sorry. >< Anyway, I'm sorry for this lousy plus short chapter but the next chapter will be better (I promise). Do you guys find this story lame? :/ I still hope you guys enjoyed the chapter though.

 

Thanks for subbing, reading, upvoting and commenting! :) I love you guys so much.

 

Do comment to let me know how you guys think of this story. ^^

 

See you soon! (Like real soon)