Two

Break You, Shape You

The next day, I woke up earlier than Barom so we need not fight for the usage of the bathroom. His king bed was more than comfy for someone like me, unfortunately I did not sleep well because I was still doubting Barom's actions. I woke up finding him sound asleep with his left leg over the backrest of the sofa. His clothes strewn all on the floor. He slept with his wifebeater and boxers. I cringed at the sight of it and sighed heavily thinking about the days and months and years to come - if this marriage could last. If we both could still stand each other's faces. 

I quickly washed up and got dressed just in case Barom decided to peep on me. Yes, I was beyond paranoid. I did not want him to see my skin. I was not ready either. When I stepped out of the bathroom, he was still sound asleep. I paced to and fro infront of the bed contemplating on whether I should head downstairs or wait for him get up. 

"Sara and Barom, breakfast is ready!" Mrs Yu exclaimed from below. I glanced at the clock. It was already 10am and Barom still was not budgring from the sofa. There, I finally decided. I should head down by myself and let him sleep. It was a chance anyway. I reached for the doorknob of the bedroom and as weird as it had gotten, I felt a tinge of warmth and suddenly a hand came out from behind and pushed the door forward. I spun around with eyes wide open and he was staring down at me with that stale face of his.

"Alright mum, we will be down soon", he answered with his dagger stares still on to me. "Maybe you should've woken me up." Without my permission he carried me bridal style back inside. I struggled so hard to get down and he was laughing at the midget he was carrying. "Next time and forever, wifey, we shall always go down for breakfast together. You leave me again", he threw me on bed and walked towards the bathroom,"you are so gonna be done for."

As soon as he finished cleansing himself, I waited for him at the door. Not sure about him but us two spending the night in a room together was already too much for me. I want to get out badly. I certainly would not mind staying in the room forever with someone I love with my heart and soul, staring at his face, caressing it with much care and sleeping in his arms. That would be like me, my husband and heaven. I snapped out of the daydream as he cleared his throat while ruffling through his hair. Barom was good looking. Almost every girls in our school went heads over heels for him. And this casanova actually went around dating a few ulzzangs that were like him (rude, rich, rebellious) and of course their relationships never last. I myself would love to befriend him, if only he was the kind of man Kim Bum was in Boys Over Flowers. 

Seeing him ready to head down, I opened the door and went out, only to be grabbed harshly by the hand. "I promised mum to treat you nice", he said while he put his arm over my shoulder. I tried to shrug off his big arm away but his strength was beyond mine. In the end I just went with the flow, greeting my parents-in-law with the warmest smile I could provide them with. Both of them looked at us, speechless for a few minutes. Barom then finally put down his arms and sat down. 

"What?" he asked his parents as he grabbed the toast in front of him and began munching innocently. "Well, I promised you and I am trying hard here to be nice to your daughter-in-law. This is effort, mum." Of course although I did not have feelings for Barom, I felt hurt at what he said earlier. I was not sure if he was gonna spend his marriage life insinuating and hurting me with his blunt words. I just curved my lips up as I glanced over at Mrs Yu. In return she showed me her hurt facial expression, symphatizing with me. I mouthed over that I was okay and for her not to get worried about it. 

"So," Mr Yu said as we were savouring the breakfast," are you two going to school together tomorrow? I can tell Mr Kim to chaffeur you back and forth. I will drive the other car so no worries."

Oh right. School. One problem after another. I took a long time to reply because I was not sure in fact, I felt awkward to react and answer questions in this household. The house was so big that when you speak, it was as if the furniture had eyes too and were staring at you, making you feel all inferior all of a sudden. Maybe I was not used to living in such a big house so that explained it. 

"Umm..It's okay Mr Yu. I am already used to walking to school. Plus the distance is not that far here compared to my house", I replied honestly. 

"But I am not gonna walk to school. Who in the craziest mind walks to school other than commoners?" Barom flipped his fork onto his plate, making me startled. "And I am not going to be chauffered by Mr Kim either. Im riding my baby to school and thats it."  He wiped his mouth with his napkin and stomped off to the playroom. 

Mr Yu was disappointed with Barom's action, it was reflected all over his face. "It's my fault that our son has turned this way." 

Guilt.

"M-Mr Yu don't feel bad about it. I'm pretty sure Rome doesnt mean that way. He is just too used to being like that since young and even he wants to change for the better it is going to take time."

Lies, Sara, lies. Rome is an idiot who would not mend his ways. 

"Sara, you are too kind," he broke into a smile. "And stop calling us Mr and Mrs Yu! It's dad and mum!"

"Oh yes", I scratched my head. "I forgot. I'm sorry, mum. Dad."

"Thats the way it should be", Mrs Yu said heartily. "Now dont care about Barom. Lets just eat to our hearts' content, dear."

I nodded in agreement.