Discontent

Couple Tattoos

"How could you bring home such a disrespectful-looking boy?" Your father yelled. "I am ashamed of you, Ji."

It has been five months since Cap and you have gotten to know each other, and you guys decided to give out the news to both of your families.
 

"Appa, jebal," you pleaded. "You haven't gotten to know him yet. He may look tough, but he actually really does love and care for me."
 

Your father scoffed. "Yeah, right.  He cares for you. Look here, honey, we're the ones that have been taking care of you since you were born- your own mom and dad." Your mom didn't say anything, but still looked at you with disappointed eyes.
 

"E-eomma. Appa," you said. "Please, give him a chance!"
 

Cap hung his head low, in a sign of not being too arrogant in front of your parents. He walked into the middle of the scene. "Eomma, appa, I really do love Ji, please accept us."
 

"Why you little-!" Your father extented a hand to slap Cap.
 

"No!" You tried to interfere, but it was too late. Cap had already received a stinging slap on his left cheek.  You cried, "Appa! Wae?!"
 

Your father heaved deeply and answered, trying to control his anger. "I don't want my daughter to be going out with some gangster. What are the neighbors going to say when they see this?"
 

You had enough, and your tears just burst. "Who cares what they think?! Who said that you were ones to control each and every single thing I can love or hate? How long do you think you can control my feelings like this?" You shook a bit as Cap came up behind to comfort you. "Do you really think that separating us will make me forget him? Appa, I love him!"
 

SMACK.
 

"Get out of my house. Now."
 

You clutched a hand to your burning cheek that had just gotten slapped. "What?"
 

Your father clutched his fists and clenched his jaw tight. "Get out. Right now."
 

Cap reached for your arms. "Ji, let's go."
 

"What? No! How can I just leave like this?" You protested and flailed around, but his grip was too strong. He pulled you sternly out of the house. "No! I have to prove to them how great you are. They have to accept our relationship. They have to!"
 

As soon as you guys made it down the street, he pulled you around so that your head was nuzzled against his chest. "Ji, it's ok. You don't have to prove anything."
 

You sobbed pathetically into his chest, not able to repond.
 

After a while, Cap lifted your face up and wiped your tears away with his thumb. He smiled. "Come on. Let's go to my house. It's raining right now. I don't want you to get a cold."
 

And with that, he led you to his house, where his family welcomed you in with smiles on their faces.