Chained

Couple Tattoos

"WHO THE HECK ARE YOU AND WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO MIN SOO?"
 

You struggled against the heavy chains that were pressing you against the wall. Although, you knew that one wrong move would cause at least an inch of your body to get jabbed torturously. Surrounding every limb of your body was a 0.3 inch tattoo needle, sharp enough to penetrate the thickest leather.
 

The worker just chuckled half-heartedly at your question.
 

What was this guy's problem?!
 

"Answer. Me," you demanded.
 

The worker paced back and forth in front of you, boasting his confidence. It sickened you.
 

He replied nonchalantly, "I am a fan."
 

You felt like slitting this guy's throat. "Typical. So what you're saying is that you're a hard-core C.A.Ptain that only has eyes for Min Soo. That's why you've resorted to this method, am I correct?" Your glare was so intense that it could've pierced holes into the side of his face.
 

The worker stopped pacing and strolled up so that he was at an uncomfortably close distance from your face. "No," he began. He tucked a tendril of your hair behind your ear. "I'm a fan of yours."
 

Before you could even process what he was saying, the worker crashed his lips onto yours in a shockingly hungry manner. You had no way of pushing this ert off of you. Your arms and legs were chained tightly to the wall, and you were surrounded by needles. You couldn't even turn your head away from his disgusting lips as they continued roaming around your face. Tears streamed down your face as you pleaded him to stop. All you could do was cringe and not respond to his actions.
 

After a while, he seemed to notice you not reponding, and so he stopped.
 

You continued crying. "Why would you...?" You shook your head vigorously. "I... I just want to see Min Soo."
 

Anger flickered across his eyes. He stormed across the room and into a corner, where there was an old, dusty projector. You were puzzled by what he was trying to indicate.
 

Without a word, and only with a scowl on his face, he clicked the power button. After a few seconds of warming up, a scene began to play out on the far wall. There was no sound, but you could faintly see an image of the exact moment from when Cap and you entered the store.
 

All you could hear was the whirring of the projector as these images just kept flashing on the screen.
 

"Why are you showing me this?" You turned to the worker. It was just a security camera's account of what happened.
 

He put a finger to his lips like how a little four year old would when he wants to shush his friends. "Hush," he crooned. "Or they'll come for you, too."
 

You felt a breeze blow across your face. Wait, aren't we indoors? You looked around and saw no windows, doors, nor anything that could have let in the wind. You shuddered as a wave of panic washed over you.
 

The worker whispered, "Look. It's him." He pointed at the screen.
 

Your attention was back on the screen, but you saw nothing out of the ordinary. You decided to just wait patiently until the part where everything started going wrong.
 

The same thing was being played onscreen. How you and Cap looked at the wall of designs. How he wrapped his arms around your waist when you guys debated on which tattoo to get.
 

Then, the projector showed the worker coming out to ask for your guys' requests. Just as before, you saw Cap point to the Angel design, and the way you and Cap glanced at each other when you found out something was fishy with this worker.
 

You glanced curiously at the worker to see his reaction to this part of the video. You just saw him staring intently at you, but with worry and fear plastered on his face. His eyes were wide and his mouth was agape. There wasn't anything you did that would make him look like that.  "I thought you said you would protect me," he said in a whisper.
 

You were seriously getting freaked out by this, so you just hoped that the video would replay the answers to all your questions.
 

Onscreen, Cap was holding your hand and beginning to lead you towards the exit. The worker started coming out of the storage room, and Cap immediately told you to go first.
 

You regretted listening to Cap's order for you to go first. You shouldn't have let him lag behind you. This never would've happened if Cap just went first.
 

Finally, the projector reached the footage that you were anxiously anticipating. The moment where everything would be reavealed.
 

You yearned desperately for the answer to your questions. What happened to Min Soo? Where did he go? Or...what took him?
 

Your eyes were glued to the image that the projector was shooting up. You saw how your hand slept away from his and how, for a few seconds, he was running right behind you.
 

He was still there. So, what hap-
 

You saw a needle shoot across the screen and stick itself in Cap's head.
 

Your mouth dropped and your eyes started watering. What is this? Just who would shoot needles into people?
Unfortunately, the security camera's view turned out to be limited to only that specific area in the store. The shooter was somewhere out of vision.
 

You thrashed yourself even with the chains restricting you. A few needles grazed and stuck into your arm, but you tried to ignore the seering pain. You cried, "Yah! WHO'S DOING ALL THIS? Why would you people do this?!"
 

The worker didn't recover from his shock yet. Instead, it now seemed like he was just frozen.
 

"Just turn it off!" The screen was now showing Cap's limp body being dragged away quickly by an unknown figure.  The needle must've had some kind of toxin in it.  It annoyed you how the person's face was hidden so well. Now, the video just played you sobbing pathetically on the ground. You knew what happened afterwards with the needle in your eye, so you didn't even care to watch the rest.

You squinted your eyes shut. "Just turn it off! Now!" you repeated.
 

"He has no control over his actions."
 

That was Cap's voice.

You lifted your head up hopefully. Sure enough, it was him.
 

"Oppa!" You beamed as tears of happiness formed.
 

Cap was smiling at you as he ran over to your side.  He gave you a soft peck on the lips.
 

You smiled at how his kiss was short and sweet, in contrast to how the erted worker's was.  The worker was still frozen.
 

You wondered, "How come he's acting like that?"
 

Cap started searching around for the keys to unlock the chains that were holding you to the wall.  He responded, "I think he's in a mental state.  I'm so sorry, Ji-ah.  I never should've taken you to this place.  Mianhae."
 

You smiled at him.  "I'm alright.  And it's not your fault, oppa."  You could see that Cap was still doubting himself, so you said, "Let's do something else after this.  After all, it's still our three year anniversary." You gave him a reassuring smile.
 

Cap found a patch of keys lying on the projector table.  He grabbed it triumphantly and went over to you to unlock the chains.  "What kind of sick person would do something like this?" Cap asked as he clicked open the locks. 
 

You collapsed onto Cap when he clicked open the last one on your right leg.   You were finally freed from that torturous wall of needles.
 

You remembered Cap's question and bit your lower lip.  Should I tell him?  About the worker's actions?  I probably should...
 

"O-oppa?" You stammered.
 

"Hmm?" Cap grasped your hand.
 

"Did anything happen to you, when, um, you got shot?"
 

"Oh, uh.  N-nothing happened.  I was just worried for you."
 

You nodded.  "Oh, that's good to know then."  You had a feeling that something did happen, but that he just didn't want to say.  Who was the one that shot him and dragged him away?  It couldn't have been the same worker, or else who would've shot me? 
 

"Jagiya, are you ok?  What's on your mind?" Cap was looking at you with concern on his face.
 

"I'm fine," you mumbled.  It was sort of a lie.  You were really confused by everything.  "It's our anniversary today," you said instead.  "We shouldn't be spending it like this.  We'll work everything out tomorrow."  You gave Cap's hand a squeeze.
 

Cap was reluctant in answering.  "All right... By the way, Ji.  Did that guy say anything...strange to you?  Or like, out of the blue?"
 

You were growing suspicious.  "Yeah, I guess he did.  Something about me protecting him...?  I don't know.  He's probably mental or something. 
 

Cap's eyes widened at this.  "Ji, that's not safe for you.  How do you think he started wanting you to protect him?" Cap's voice was slightly louder than you expected.
 

You didn't know why Cap was overreacting to that.  "I don't know, oppa.  I just regarded that as something someone with psychological problems would say.  I was just thinking about what happened to you.”  You couldn’t believe that you guys were starting to fight on your three year anniversary.
 

Cap didn’t seem to believe you for some reason.  His voice raised in volume.  “Well even if he is mental, how did you expect-”
 

“ARGHHH!” the worker seemed to have awoken from his unconscious state.  “Ji!  SARANGHAE!”  He lunged forward at you.
 

Cap reacted just in time by swooping you up bridal style and running towards the store exit.
 

Your heart was pounding like crazy. 
 

I am so confused.  Why is Cap acting so angry?  And why is that worker so obsessed with me?  When did I ever say that I’d protect him...?

Cap had now reached the exit and had let you get back on your feet.  You heard a crashing sound reverberate from inside the store, and you guys looked back to see what had happened.  The worker had tripped on a toolbox, and sharp needles were now strewn everywhere.  He laid on his stomach, which had about thirty needles jabbed into it. 
 

“Ji!  Don’t... leave...me!”  He pleaded as tears streamed down his face.
 

All you could do was watch in horror as you saw a grotesque body writhing and begging you to stay with him.  A body that you had no memory of ever seeing before.  And yet, he was begging for you to stay and save him.
 

Cap put a hand on your shoulder.  “We should leave him here."  He took a look at your face.  "Or...do you want to call a hospital for him?”
 

“Yeah, we should,” you said.  “I feel like I owe something to him."  You glanced up at Cap.  "We might have to celebrate our anniversary some other time, oppa.”

 

____________________________________________

A/N: Thank you, ✿Simplicious Love Graphics❤ for the lovely poster.