Angel Wings

Couple Tattoos

"Happy three year anniversary, jagi."

A strong pair of arms wrapped around your waist. It was a warm and cozy embrace, in contrast to the rainy weather on the streets outside. You felt his head rest against the nape of your neck.

"Aw, you remembered." You turned around to face him. "Happy anniversary to you, too, jagi."

He smiled and bent down to kiss the side of your cheek.

You blushed a bit as his action, although you guys have been together for exactly three years. There was something about his kisses that always made your stomach flutter uncontrollably.

You hugged him back in response to his action. "What do you want to do today?"

Min Soo debated for a bit. "Um, there's something I've been hoping to do for a while... I don't know if you're gonna support it though."

You glanced up at his face curiously. His eyebrows were a bit furrowed, anticipating your response. You smiled a bit at his concern. "Tell me! I wanna do whatever you want on our anniversary!"

His eyes crinkled into tiny crescents. Kyeopta, you thought.

He hesitated a bit before announcing, "Let's get couple tattoos."

Thoughts ran through your mind, both positive and negative ones.

You've always wanted to have a symbol of a permanent link between the two of you, and the idea of couple tattoos seemed like the best idea. You were so glad that Cap was thinking the same thing.

However, unwanted negative thoughts also invaded your mind. What if your parents found out? Of course, you guys have made your relationship public to everyone, including both sides of the family. His parents had welcomed you with open arms. Your parents, on the other hand, had been a bit skeptical of accepting Cap. When you had finally gathered up the courage to show him to your parents, their faces portrayed nothing but disappointment the moment you guys stepped foot in the house.

Cap saw the concern plastered on your face and quickly reassured you. "Ji-ah, we don't have to if you don't want to. I know you haven't exactly gotten back on good grounds with your parents yet. I don't want to add any fuel to the fire..."

Your head shot up. "Oh, a-aniyo! Of course not! ...I'm not planning to go back anyways..."

Cap was taken back by what you had just uttered. He asked cautiously, "Are you sure? You know, we can always go back-"

"No! I don't want to confront them anymore!  We're just gonna have to accept the fact that they're never going to accept our relationship. Going back wouldn't help anything." You just blurted out your thoughts and collapsed onto the couch by your side. You put a hand to your temple and closed your eyes. "They're never going to accept us, Min Soo," you whispered.


He sat down next to you and pulled you into his arms. "I know. But... it's ok."
 

You nodded along obediently as he rubbed your back. You knew that you guys could make it work. It's been a year since your parents expelled you from their house. You guys have continued your relationship nevertheless. In the beginning, there was a constant rebellious feeling nagging in the back of your head, and it frightened you that you were distancing yourself from your own parents. You would then come to Cap and spill out your heart and worries to him, and he would always comfort you when the thoughts overflowed and attacked you.

Four months after, you adapted to your new life and tried ignoring the nagging thoughts. Eventually, you forgot most of the incident and focused solely on your guys' relationship. It was the most blissful thing for you, and Cap would always be present and shower you with his love. He totally would have proven my parents wrong if they had given him the chance, you thought.

After a few minutes of sitting on the couch, you finally got to your feet, pulling him up along with you. With a smile, you said, "Let's get couple tattoos."


The ten minute drive went by faster than you expected. Cap grasped your sweaty hand the whole drive and kept reminding you, "You really don't have to. It's probably too risky. I can see that you're scared, Ji."

You reassured him that there was no reason for you to back out. "We can do this. Hwaiting!" You pumped your fist in the air as an encouraging sign.

He chuckled at your expression and parked the car in front of the tattoo shop. He opened his door to get out of the car. You tried following him, and your trembling hands reached for the door handle. But because they were shaking so much, they kept slipping off. Cap stood outside the passenger's door and peered inside to see what was holding you. He saw you struggle and laughed, amused.

"Yah! Help me!" You pretended to be mad at him, but still didn't give up on unlocking the door.

"Ji, you are so strange sometimes," Cap teased when he opened the door for you breezily.

You furrowed your brows and pouted. "Am not! You're so mean to me."

He leaned down to kiss the top of your head. "Ah, forgive me, Ji. I'll make this the best anniversary yet for the two of us." He smiled and grasped your hand, leading you towards the tattoo parlor.

Upon entering, bells chimed from the top of the door hinge. Even that made you jump.

Cap steadied you as you stumbled into him. "Ji, are you all right?"

You glanced up at him. "O-oh. Yeah, I'm fine. I'm just kind of nervous for this." You saw a flash of concern cross Cap's face and you quickly reassured him before he could change his mind about anything. "But I really want to do this! I know our love is eternal... And... I want to seal it with a couple tattoo."

He forced a small smile.  "Listen, jagi. It's our anniversary and I completely understand if you don't want to do something. I don't want you to be in pain on a special day like this."

No, don't regret this. I want this too.

Before you could respond, a worker came out from behind the black curtains across the room. "Hey, guys. Looking for a couple of tattoos today? You're lucky, cuz we've got a whole lot of time open right now. Seriously, business's been pretty slow these days."

Cap looked up and greeted the guy. "Oh, is that so? I've been here a couple times before. I don't know why business is so slow; you guys give the best-looking tattoos out there."

The worker pointed a finger at him and cheered. "Aw, you da man! Haha! Welcome to the shop, you guys. Feel free to look around, and when you're ready for assistance, just ring me up by the counter."

With that, the worker went behind the counter and began brandishing the materials. From your spot, you could see the worker rearranging the area and setting up the supplies. Your heart thumped uncontrollably against your chest and you unconciously held on to Cap's arm.

Cap grasped onto your right hand and reassured you with with a smile.  He felt you relax a bit and led you over to a six feet wall decorated with tattoo templates. The designs all looked so intricate, that you wondered how long it would take to do one.

"Oppa, how long did it take to do one of your tattoos?" you asked Cap.

Cap's eyes continued scanning the wall for designs as he replied, "For the one on my back, the one near my shoulder blade, that took about an hour and a half."

You gasped. "You had to be in pain for that long?"

Cap turned to you and chuckled. "Yeah. But don't worry, Ji. That was a big tattoo. I'm not gonna let you get a big one like that. I don't want you to suffer for that long." He ruffled your hair. "And besides, a big tattoo isn't going to suit you. You're way too cute for that."

You blushed and smacked his arm. He laughed and pulled you in so that he was backhugging you as you guys gazed at the wall of designs. You observed all the details and saw images of clouds, hearts, birds, everything. You really had no idea what would be a meaningful tattoo without seeming too cheesy. After all, you wanted it to be perfect like how your relationship was with him.

"Is this where you got your three tattoos done?" you asked him.

He replied, "Um, not exactly.  That one just recently closed down.  I heard some pretty good reviews for this place, so I thought we'd give it a try."

You nodded understandingly.

After a few more minutes searching for the right design, Cap pointed to one in the lower left corner. "What do you think of that one?" He led you closer so that the two of you could inspect it.

It was a small tattoo with angel wings and initials on either side.

Cap turned to you and smiled. "Angel wings for the only Angel that caught my heart."

He gazed into your eyes as you shyly did the same to him.  You still couldn't believe that an idol would ever choose you out of all his other fans.  Words could not describe your love for him, and you couldn't imagine a day without him.

"Ay, looks like we got a couple of lovebirds over here!"  The worker bounced over to you guys excitedly.  "You guys have any couple designs in mind?"

Cap turned to him.  "Yeah, we do."  He pointed to the Angel design.

"Oh, nice choice," the worker beamed.  "Most couples opt for hearts or arrows or whatever.  I like you guys.  You're unique.  That's a nice quality."

You glanced at Cap and saw that he was thinking the same thing.  This guy was a bit off.

Cap pulled you closer to him protectively.

The worker continued, "Ok!  Let's get you guys seated down.  I'll go get my tools.  Be right back!"  He left to get something from the storage room.

When he left, you turned to Cap.  You whispered, "I'm beginning to get second thoughts on this, Min Soo.  I sense there's something really strange with that guy."

Cap seemed to agree.  "Yeah, I think so, too.  I can't find myself to trust him."  He grasped your hand.  "Ok, I've made up my mind.  I know this is supposed to be our anniversary present, but I don't want to put you in danger.  We're going someplace else."  He started leading you across the shop, towards the exit.  You didn't protest, as you were a bit scared by the worker there.

Halfway to the door, you guys heard the guy yell from a couple steps away. "Hey, where ya going?  Don't you want that tattoo?  It's a special one!"

Cap ushered you out quickly, fearing that if you went behind him, the worker might try something funny.  "Ji, go first.  I'm right behind you."

You strode quickly and your hand reached back to grasp onto Cap's.  You couldn't feel anything and only grasped air.  Wait, what?  You glanced back to see that Cap was no where to be seen behind you.

"Run!" That wasn't Cap's voice.  "Run!"

You had no idea what was happening.  The only other person in the room was the worker, but you couldn't see him either.  Why would he be ordering you to run?  Could you trust him?  Cap didn't.  Cap wouldn't.

You tried searching for Cap, but once again, your eyes only saw the vacant tattoo parlor, exactly the way it was when you and Cap entered it just a few minutes ago.

Seriously, what the heck is going on?

You were not going to leave without Cap.

You cautiously walked around the shop to see if there was any sign of either Cap or the worker.  It was a pretty dainty store, so there wasn't really any place they could have went.  But something bothered you.  What happened to Cap?  Surely, he wouldn't have intentionally left you like this.  The worker must've had something to do with this.

About ten minutes have passed since you've circled the eerie shop for at least four rounds.  Still no sign of anyone.

You started breaking down and just crying your heart out.  Where's Cap? you thought.  What happened to him?

Your body shook harder with each thought.  You squatted on the ground and pulled your knees close to your face.

"Min Soo!" you yelled through your tears.  "Oppa!  Eodiya?"

There was no response, and you shook harder as the sobs poured out of your eyes and mouth.  You didn't even care to wipe away the tears.

Just then, a needle whizzed through the air, straight in your direction.  You weren't fast enough to react since you were completely off guard, and it struck you underneath your right eye.

Dazed from the impact, you collapsed into a heap on the ground.

One last tear escaped your right eye, and it was red.