Finale

Couple Tattoos

He died before we could reach the hospital.

How could someone die so fast?

Cap reassured you that that it was for the best.  For everyone.

You partly understood him, but insisted that you guys should somehow help the authorities identify this guy so that he could have a proper funeral. 

First of all, you still had no idea why that worker had captured you and Cap.

You did not believe in love at first sight, nor did you believe he was your "biggest fan".  It was a waste for him to suddenly  die that way, leaving your questions unanswered.

When you guys had called the ambulance for him, they had asked for a brief description of the area and situation.  You had talked on the phone, while Cap attempted to tend to the man's open wounds.

You had described the entire scene to the best of your knowledge.  

"Excuse me miss, but what and where is the accident?" the person on the other end had asked.

You had looked around and identified the address of the shop.  Without waiting for her to respond, you immediately jumped to the description.  "A worker seemed to have knocked down a wall of tattoo needles, and is now bleeding badly from having a whole pack stabbed into his stomach."

Now, call you crazy, but the person on the other end had hung up.  There hadn't been any line disconnection nor static.  The phone hadn't even been dropped.  She had hung up on purpose.

Cap had suggested that the worker had some sort of mental breakdown, or he was a criminal that was out of the control of police.  

Nevertheless, you and Cap had then decided to drive the guy to the hospital by yourselves.  

They rejected the body. 

You guessed that they didn't want to take responsibility for a dead person who had no chance of recovering.  With no hope left, you guys didn't know what to do with the dead body.
The both of you sat motionlessly in the gray dimly lit garage of the vacant hospital.  The lights flickered overhead, hinting at the long years this hospital had withstood.  It was creepy indeed, but you didn't feel scared.  With Cap next to you, you could feel the slight tinge of hope tug inside you.

"Oppa, what if-" you began.

"Ji." Cap shut his eyes and leaned his head against the headrest of his seat.  "Why are you so concerned about this guy?  It's our anniversary for crying out loud, Ji!"

You were astonished.  You guys were holding onto a dead body in the backseat, and he was asking why you were concerned?  You answered him.  "Well, I'm sorry for worrying about some dying person, whose death may have been our very faults!"  You were breathing heavily.  "None of this would have even happened if we never stepped foot in that store."  You mumbled this last part, unsure if you actually wanted Cap to hear or not.

"So you're blaming me?!"  Cap looked at your face and softened when he saw that you were almost on the verge of tears.

With a small voice, you asked, "Are we really fighting on a day like this?"

He let out a ragged breath and turned to stare at the steering wheel.  "I just wanted us to enjoy our anniversary together.  I'm sorry, Ji."  He chuckled lightly to lighten the heavy atmosphere.  "I guess we can't do that when we have a dead person in our car."  

You choked down a sob, not wanting Cap to worry.  "Oppa, it's my fault as well.  I shouldn't have asked to go to that shop."

Cap grasped your hand and smiled warmly.  "Don't worry about it, jagiya.  As you said," he paused to tuck a loose strand of hair behind your ear.  "We can always celebrate it another day."

You smiled too, but shook your head.  "That's not as good as celebrating on the actual day."

Cap laughed and ruffled your hair.  "I know it's not."

You faced the front again and saw the numbers "9:32" illuminated on the digital clock.  "It's getting late, do you think we should go home now?"

"Sure."  He ordered you to put on your seatbelt as he did so himself.  He began to back out of the hospital parking and onto the orange glowing streets.  

You didn't want something to come between the two of you on your anniversary, so you decided to let the problem go.  It still lingered on your mind though, and Cap sensed it.

"Hey, babe," he began while driving us home.  "I know you're still thinking about it."  He glanced at you.  "Let's just put this off until tomorrow, alright?"

"Ok."  You tried your best to disregard your thoughts and grasped his hand that wasn't on the steering wheel.  "There are two hours and a half left of our anniversary.  What do you want to do?"

He pondered for a moment.  "We can go watch a movie."

You quickly shook your head.  "I'm too tired.  I'll probably fall asleep halfway through."

Cap chuckled and suggested something else.  "How about some ice cream?"

You scrunched up your nose.  "Nah, I'm not in the mood to eat."

Cap's expression fell a bit.  "Ji, can I ask you something?"

You looked at him expectantly.  "Of course, oppa."

He his lips before throwing out the question.  "How much do you love me?"

I laughed, despite the dead body that was still propped up in the back.  "Bang Min Soo,  I wanna love you so much that I'd never go back a day without you.  Mr.Bang, you are a rock star who knows how to shake it up, rocking everything when you walk by.  When the back of my hand brushes against yours, I go crazy and fall in love all over again.  You're just so sweet.  Don't I sound like a lovefool?"  Cap chuckled and his entire face lit up.  I beamed and continued.  "Why?  Because to me, you are an angel.  I rarely get mad at you, and on the little occasions when I do, it's just because of my jealously when you're with a beautiful girl that's not me.  When I said 'hello' to you that day, I never thought that our relationship would become like this.  How can a nondescript girl like me become your girlfriend?"  Although Cap was keeping his eyes on the road, a smile spread so wide across his face that I couldn't help but smile myself.  "Saranghae, oppa."

"I love you too, Ji."  Cap said, turning his head to face you.  

You were about to face out the window again, when a sudden movement jerked in the corner of your eye.  Cap didn't seem to notice, and just continued driving normally.


You released a blood curling shriek and clasped your hands to your mouth when you saw the guy, certainly awake.  And somehow, in his possession, was a tattoo needle.

Cap frantically asked, “Ji, what’s wrong?  What did you see?”  You couldn’t form any words, and just stuttered incoherently.  Cap shifted to take a look.

The worker was just sitting there, in the exact position that Cap had set him, when you guys thought that he had been pronounced dead.  His body seemed limp.  All parts, except for  his eyes, which were wide open, and his hand, which still held on tightly to the needle.  He didn’t open his mouth to speak a word, but his bloodshot eyes were transfixed on the back of your backrest.

Cap quickly turned back and fumbled with the lock buttons on the door.  “Ji,” he ordered, his voice shaking, “We better go.”  He unlocked the two front doors, but kept the back doors locked, in case the worker tried to follow you guys.

You were torn between what to do. One option would be to escape to safety and away from this guy, who seemed to be turning into a maniac who depends on the use of needles.  The second one was to actually save him.  After all, he seemed to be dead just a few moments ago.  How is this happening?

Cap was already out the door, and was now rushing over to the passenger’s side to open the door for you, who was still indecisive.  You sat frozen, not knowing which was the better option.

Cap reached your side and swung open the door.  “Come on, Ji.  It’s not safe here!”  He instructed as he started to pull you out.

Fear struck you cold when you felt a lunge from the back.  You screamed horrifically as you felt a strong metal tip pierce deep into your left shoulder blade.  “Min Soo!  Help me!”  Tears were streaming down your face.

Cap harshly slapped away the worker’s hand, but that only angered the guy even more.  Cap cursed under his breath.  “Get off of her!”

You finally ordered you legs to work, and you tumbled out of the car, into Cap’s arms.  You checked to see what was going on, and the worker seemed to be climbing to the front row to exit the car as well.  

You screamed again, as you heard him say, “Ji, where are you going?  Let me finish that tattoo for you!”

Before he could make it out of the car, Cap grasped your hand tightly and began leading you away with lightning speed.  “Darn it, Ji.  I never should’ve taken you to that place.”

You struggled with following behind, but kept looking back to see if the worker was still on your tails.  You turned back to the front.  “It’s fine- Oh my gosh, Min Soo, dodge!”

Out of nowhere, another tattoo needle came shooting from the front, straight towards Cap.  You immediately pushed him to the side so that he wouldn’t get hit.  However, with the momentum you had, and your weak shoulder, you toppled over and the needle, instead of being aimed at Cap, had lodged itself into your neck.

The wasn’t any possible way for the worker to have made it to the front of you guys.  There must have been an accomplice.  Your mind flashed back to a segment you had watched on the surveillance footage.  There had seemed to be two people involved in this case.

Although you were bleeding terribly, you managed a weak smile to reassure Cap as you limply dropped to the ground.

Cap’s eyes bulged out and he cursed.  “No!  Ji!”  He fell to the ground beside you.  “Why?!  What the heck is going on?!”

Just then, a lady dressed in all black attire stepped out from the shadows.  Cap didn’t notice, but she extracted, yet again, a new polished tattoo needle.

An expression of apprehension instantly replaced your forced smile as you tried your best to push Cap to the side.  But it was too late.  The needle had flown directly into his thigh.  He rolled onto his side as the pain sank in.

You clenched your jaw to disregard the searing pain in your body.  You screamed, “Min Soo!  I know you’re stronger than this!  You can’t lose consciousness!”  You tapped on his face, but his eyes just continued to turn foggy.

The woman strolled towards you guys.  “It’s no use.  It’s the intoxicated needle that we used on you back in the tattoo shop.”  She plucked it casually out of his skin.  “The poison should be traveling through his body right about now.”

You glared up at her.  “You monster.”

She scoffed and crossed her arms.  “At least I’m not the one who stole him from all the other Angels.”

Throughout the years that you and Cap have been in this sort of relationship, he had tried his best to shield you from any threats and rumors.  Of course, you knew of the amount of hate that idols’ girlfriends would receive, even if a slight rumor is out.  

But this was just crossing the line. 

“Yura!  Finally I’ve caught up!”  The worker exclaimed breathlessly as he entered the scene.
“I lost the direction because your Cap guy was running away so fast with my Ji.”

Your mind was hazy, but you still manged to get out, “We do not belong to you!”

The worker turned to face the two of you, who were still huddled on the ground.  At this point, Cap’s body seemed to have submitted to the toxin, and he was just lifelessly propped up in your arms.  Tears streamed down your face, but you still held your ground and demanded a response from them. 

“Ji, babe,” the worker cooed as he closed into you.  You flinched away from his close proximity.  “I’ll explain on the way home.”

“Don’t touch me!”  You slapped him across the face.

Yura sneered and took hold of Cap’s arms.  “See ya, Ji.”

You whipped your head around with the most puzzled expression.  “What?”

Yura sighed as if you were the most pathetic person alive.  “Zico, explain to her on your guys’ way home.  I don’t have time for this.  I have to tend to Cap as soon as possible.”

You shrieked, “You don’t have to do anything!  Get away from him!”

Yura waved her hand with an annoyed expression.  “Zico, take her away.  She’s delirious.”  She tried to heft Cap onto her back, but he was too heavy, so she ended up dragging him alongside her, and away from the scene.

You screeched, “No!  Where are you going with him?!  Come back here!”  You tried to push yourself off the ground, but Zico immediately lifted you onto his back.

“You’re coming with me, my princess.”  

You thrashed desperately to break away from him, but he kept a strong grip on you.

“Don’t make this harder than it is, Ji,” he stated calmly.  “Or... do you want something to make all this go away?”

“I will never want the memories of me and Min Soo to ever go away,” you said in a stern voice.

“Ooh, fiesty,” Zico hissed.  “But I’m afraid that I have to do this if my plan is to continue.”  He sank another needle deep into your leg.  This needle was indeed drenched in poison, for you felt a numbness spread over your body.  “Haha.  Hit the jackpot, baby.”

 

A/N: I will have spin-offs for this story. 

Spin-off #1: Yura and Cap (Wheesung's Night and Day mv)

Spin-off #2: Zico and Ji (Block B's Jackpot mv)

Please subscribe if you'd like to stay tuned for these spin-offs!

And thank you so much for all the readers who've stuck through and been patient with me.  Kamsahamnida!