Disease

After Her

(Jiyoung’s Dad's POV)
“Kikwang, I need you to come with me. We need more information on you and Hong Ki, stay with my daughter.

“Daddy, why can’t you guys do it here?” Jiyoung complained.

“As you can see Jiyoung, you need to rest and if anything goes wrong just tell my number one bodyguard, Hong Ki."

“I’m okay, dad. I really am. Please just let me go.” She begged with her puppy eyes.

“I’ll make it up to you somehow okay.” I kissed her on the forehead and left with Kikwang.

“So Kikwang, how’s your job going so far? Before I heard any of this about Jiyoung ending up in the hospital, I heard she and her current boyfriend broke up, is that true?” I asked to make sure if he really was with my daughter at all times.

“I don’t wanna talk about it.” He said coldly.

“Okay, okay” I said trying to cool him off.

“Remind me of why I’m here again.” He said annoyed.

“It’s because Jiyeon wanted you to do…”

“I’m not sure if I do want to do this anymore. Even if this is Jiyeon’s wish, I can’t control my heart anymore. I have to stay away from Jiyoung.” He said looking at the night sky.

“Are you saying you like Jiyoung?” I asked confused. During the whole one hour back to the hospital there was silence.

(Hong Ki’s POV)
“Hello, I’m Jiyoung, and you are... Hong Ki right?” She asked.

‘What do I do? Do I introduce myself?’ I struggled while thinking. “Yeah, Hong Ki’s the name. Is there any problem?” I said keeping my sunglasses on.

“Why do you have sunglasses on? It’s night outside and there’s no sun. Anyways beside all of that, how old are you?” She asked reaching for my sunglasses.

“I just have to have it on.” I said taking off my sunglasses. There was an awkward pause.

“What do you do for your spare time?” She started the conversation again.

“I take care of dogs.” I replied with a curving smile.

“Oh, that’s cool. Could you take me to a dog show when you have time to?” Jiyoung smiled.

“I guess I could…”

“Sorry to interrupt, but I believe I have to talk to Jiyoung alone about this.” The doctor said. “Okay” I said as I left.

(Jiyoung’s POV)
“What is the matter Dr. Kim?” I asked worried.

“The accident was just a few hours ago right?” He said looking at the papers.

“Yes” I answered. “Have you been fainting lately or been having any dreams that could have been real? If so, what was the dream about? Tell me everything.” He asked.

“Oh, I saw my ex and him fighting...because he kissed me, I tried to stop them so I stood up and...fainted. Then I thought everything that happened was just a dream.” I said in surprise. “So everything…wasn’t a dream. The kiss was real?”

“I see, I’m sorry to disappoint you but you only have at least five more weeks left to live, but there is a way you could at least make it six month. This disease doesn't have a cure yet and it is unidentified. If you faint too much, be sure not to get too stressed and get enough rest. You could get some small treatments for this but you could only get it from the States. Would you like the treatment?” He explained looking at me.

“I…I…no...” I said shockingly.

“I see, well then I truly respect what you chose. I hope everyone would too.” He said as he left the room.

‘I only have five more weeks left then…there’s no more….’

“What happened Jiyoung?” Dad asked worried.

“Nothing…” I wiped off my tears. I looked over at Kikwang. He was looking at me like he wants to comfort me.

“Are you sure Jiyoung? You could tell me, I am your father.” He said.

“I just miss mom.” I lied so he wouldn’t get sad. If I don't get that small treatment, dad could be sad forever.

“Oh…I see…come here Jiyoung.” Dad said as he hugged me. “I miss her too.”

I sobbed horribly due to the fact that if I don't get the treatment from the States, I could go anytime.

“Could everyone go out? I have to talk to Jiyoung.” Kikwang said breaking the silence. I looked at him confused. Everyone got out and he closed the door and came close to me. “I know…” He said wiping off my tears.

“You know what?” I pretended not to know and turned away from his looks.

“I know you have the disease.” He said looking down now.

“What disease are you talking about? I don’t have any disease.” I denied it, I hade to.

“I talked to the doctor, just right before we left. I know Jiyoung.” He sadly said looking at my eyes.

“I don’t know what you’re talking about.” Out of everyone, why does he have to know?

“Jiyoung, I know you know.” He said. I was silent. I didn’t look at him nor talked. I felt sick to my stomach, I wanted Khun.