To Get Him

After Her

(Kikwang’s POV)
The pain I feel every morning when I wake up is dealing with the fact that the one I love died. It hurts me to remember about the past with Jiyeon. I’m only alive because of her words she said before she left. She was a nice, caring, and adoring. No one disliked her because she was herself. At school I’m alone once again, being cold to everyone. Almost everyday, I get in fights. Not just only students but teachers too. I would always end up leaving them on the ground. I went to school as car followed me. I went to an alley to see if they really were following me, and they were. Some people dressed bodyguard like came out of the car and surrounded me. I walked out of the croud around me but one of them held me back and punched my jawline as I fell. As I got back up I wiped my bloody lips. I then punched the guy who attacked me then the whole crowd attacked me.

“Stop” An old man said, who seems to be their boss, “Not bad, not bad at all.”

He looked at all of his injured people then clapped. I ignored like nothing happened then walked away from the alley.

“Wait, Arron, I want to hire you.” The old man yelled as his men came after me.

I stopped suddenly when I heard my name.

“Do I know you?” I coldly asked.

“I’m Jiyeon’s father. I want you to join us and protect my daughter, Jiyoung.” He said catching up to me.

“Jiyen's father is sick right now, and the name, Jiyoung, I heard it before…” I said with confusion.

“That’s her foster parent, I’m her biological father, and didn’t Jiyeon want you to do something for Jiyoung?” He replied as he held on to my shoulder.

‘Jiyeon, should I listen to this man?’ I thought to myself.

“So, isn’t it?” he asked.

“Yeah, now leave me alone.” I coldly answered.

“I’m afraid I can’t Kikwang. Jiyeon wanted me to take very good care of you and you to protect her younger sister.” He said as he put his arm around my shoulders and walked to the car. “So you going to join and fulfill Jiyeon’s wish or not?” He questioned as he took me to school.

“Why should I protect her when I have my own life to worry about, but in second thoughts this is Jiyeon’s wish so... I’ll do it.” I said as I got off the car.

“Good, we’ll pick you up right after school.” He said with a smile.

“Sure” I answered.

“Oh, yes. Kikwang, remember you will be living at my place so when I take you home later on just take whatever.” He shouted from the car.

(Jiyoung’s POV)
“Jiyoung, I found that boy that Jiyeon wants protecting you.” My dad said.

“Daddy, do I really need... a bodygaurd? I already have Khun so I won’t need a ‘bodyguard’ okay? And I know, Jiyeon wants me to grant her wish and I will.” 

“I know you have Khun but being famous is very dangerous, honey and Kikwang, the boy who is going to protect you is going to start his job today.” Dad said, “Jiyoung, what time is it?”

“It’s only four, why?” I asked looking at my watch.

“I have to pick him up.” Dad said as he left.

*Ring*Ring*Ring*

“Hebe, I’m going to come over okay?” I heard Khun said.

“Okay, but be careful.” I said happily.

“Okay, see you in a bit, love you.” He laughed as he hanged up.

*Ding*Dong*Ding*Dong*

“Hello!” I shouted happily thinking it was Khun.

“You’re pretty happy.” I heard dads voice instead.

“Oh, hey daddy and... you are?” I said as I looked at him next to dad.

“Jiyoung, this is Kikwang. Kikwang this is Jiyoung. He will be living here from now on so you two must get along, got it.” Dad introduced us to each other.

“Hello, I’m Jiyoung.” I smiled taking out my hand greeting him.

He coldly turned away from me then turned to dad. “Where’s my room?” he coldly said.

“Oh, yes, yes, I’ll take you there right now.” Dad took him.

“Peek a-boo!” I heard a voice from outside.

“Hmm… Let me guess, Khunnie!” I yelled as I turned around and hugged him.

“Jiyoung, can we talk somewhere else?” He said looking sad.

“Okay and what’s wrong?” I said taking him outside my big backyard.

“Jiyoung, I finally got a phone call. These people accepted me and they wanted me to go to the states and meet them.” Khun said as he looked directly onto my eyes.

“That’s good!” I said disappointed but encouraging.

“Jiyoung that means I’m going to stay over there from now on. I think it’s better if we break up here. I don’t want you missing me and I want you to find a better guy that will say he loves you more than life and someone who could protect you when I’m gone. I’m sorry.” He said as tears escaped my eyes.

“As long as you are happy I am.” I tried to smile.

“How could I be happy? I feel stupid right now, are you happy?” Khun wiped off my tears.

“Uh huh” I lied and faked a laugh.

“Okay then and I have to go now so this is good bye.” He said as he gave me one last hug. After he left all I did was cry and cry.

(Kikwang’s POV)
I heard someone crying so I went out to the living room and saw Jiyoung on the ground crying. I went over and sat by her. “Are you okay?” I coldly asked giving her a napkin but she stayed still and kept quiet. As I was about to leave her side she hugged me. ‘Why does it feel like Jiyoung is Jiyeon? I can’t do this but Jiyoung’s in pain right now. I have to comfort her.’ I thought to myself. I put my hand around her comforting her. It just felt like it was Jiyeon here crying, me comforting her. I couldn’t take this anymore and for some reason tears escaped my eyes and dripped on to Jiyoung.

She looked up and saw my eyes watery. She wiped off my tears then asked, “Why are you crying?”

“You…” I didn’t want to finish my sentence so I got up and went to my room and slept. The next morning I went to the living room and went outside to get the newspaper. ‘After Jiyeon’s Death, Jiyoung Dumped and Mystery Man?’ The cover said in big bold letters. There were pictures of me and Jiyoung from yesterday night. ‘After the death of Jiyeon, Jiyoung gets dumped by Khun she cries and a young man comes in to comfort. Don’t seem to be a brother or anything like that.’ I read one of the lines and smashed the papers.

Jiyoung came in and I asked, “Are you okay now?”

“Kinda, are you?” she replied looking at the crushed papers. She picked up the papers.

“Don’t read it.” I said taking it away from her but it was too late she already read the headlines.

“You loved Jiyeon a lot right?” She asked and threw away the papers, “Tell me how she was like when she was with you?” I looked at Jiyoung then told her.

“Jiyeon was really nice and sweet. When she cried I comforted her like I did yesterday…” I couldn’t go any further.

“I’m sorry for reminding you of my sister. If you like you could tell me about any of your problems.” She said smiling like how Jiyeon would always try to comfort me.

“I’m sorry, I need some fresh air.” I tried to ignore the memories of my loved one.

“Wait, Kikwang, I’m really sorry.” She apologized.

“No, there’s no need. It’s just that when Jiyeon wasn’t sick, she was so kind and sweet, she was the only one who understood me. I would always tell her my problems I had. At school, I had lots of friend, but ever since she died I’m always quiet, lonely, and cold to everyone. I would always get in fights with teachers, students, and well sometimes some hobos, haha.” I laughed and teared thinking of the times with her.

“Well there’s me now. You could tell me about your problems now right?” She smiled happily.

“Thanks, Jiyoung.” I smiled back

“Well, I guess it’s okay if we put you in a private school. It’ll be easy, I promise.” Jiyoung suggested.

“I don’t know, haha, I’d usually survive the day.” I looked at Jiyoung’s face.

“Okay but you and the people you are fighting with need breaks so why not go to a private school.” She nervously turned away from my look.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hey's how'd ya like it? Keke reply! ^0^