chapter seven

Forbidden Love
Chapter Seven
Rise and Shine

 
I didn’t have much of a pleasant sleep. I kept on tossing and turning on my bed. Eventually, I would get to sleep, but it was a dreamless night. Sometimes a moment or two of YiFan would flash in my mind. But the second after that, they would fade away as if nothing had happened.
 
It was 6:15 a.m. when Anha walked into my room and woke me up. It was like she was my alarm clock when I didn’t have one. She shook my shoulder to wake me up, but I stayed still in bed.
 
“Rise and shine, Lindsay!” she said into my ear; her breath making my ears feel tingly and shudders ran down my spine. “Come on, breakfast is ready!” she added as she drew the curtains open. With the rays shining through the windows, I fluttered my eyes open and slowly sat up straight.
 
“Oh my God! It’s finally the day!” she gasped and ran towards me with a smile. Trapping me in a bear hug, she smiled and rocked me from side to side. “Happy birthday, Lindsay!”
 
I was too constipated with what happened last night, so I only hummed as an answer. She let out a giggle before heading to the wardrobe and picked me a few boy clothes. “You have an explanation to give me, Lin. It took a few hours for Sehun, Chanyeol, and me to calm Krystal last night. She literally smeared every makeup on her face.”
 
Not actually paying attention to what she said, I rubbed my eyes and brushed the tangles out of my hair with my fingers. “Hey, are you… okay?” she asked me in concern. I nodded as I yawned.
 
She sat down beside me on the bed and pinched my cheek, making me wince in pain. “Yah, did something happen at the ball? Come on! Tell me, tell me!” she chuckled. I pulled her hand away from my cheek and pouted. “Nothing happened. It’s just like any normal ball.”
 
“Are you kidding me? We’re talking about a night at the Rose Ball. At least you’ve met a guy or two!” she bumped her shoulder onto mine, grinning at her statement.
 
“Unnie, are you jealous by the fact that you’re not allowed to go to the ball like what Suho always says?” I teased, pulling up a smirk at her. She rolled her eyes in reply. “Not really. Probably the guards would have stopped me in the gates once they feel my rough hands.”
 
Just then, I felt sympathy for her medical condition. Nonetheless, she shrugged it off and stood up from the bed. “You should get changed. The soup’s getting cold.”
 
I nodded and got to the bathroom to refresh myself. Once I finished, I put on the clothes Anha picked for me, placed my wig on and went downstairs to the dining room, where Sehun was in the middle of eating his soup. I grabbed a bowl and began to feed myself breakfast.
 
Just then, Anha came past with a laundry basket in her hands. “Guys, I’m off to do laundry!”
 
The two of us yelled an “Okay!” in return. As soon as she was outside the cabin, I turned my attention to Sehun, who was now drinking a cup of blood. “Um… hyung, where’s Junmyun?” I asked.
 
Sehun put his cup down on the table before wiping the rest of the blood with a piece of tissue. “Hyung said he’d be back later.”
 
At the statement, I smirked as I could get a chance to escape. “Later?” I repeated, gaining a smirk from Sehun as he understood what I was thinking. Exchanging nods, we headed to our respective wardrobes and pulled out our capes. Putting on a black fedora hat and a black mask, I jumped out of my window to meet Sehun outside.
 
 
Author's note:
Sorry for the short chapter...
Subscribe, comment, and upvote, please!!!
P.S. I don't like silent readers...