Chapter 24

60 Seconds

Seohyun

I walked in the hallway to get into my class by reading a book. Along the way, I could feel the rays of the morning sun began to break through the thick envelope of mist. Slowly, the mists disappeared and the sun began to beat heavily down on me and all the people in the school.
By the way, I loved to read books. Wherever am I, a book must be with me. Although I was not a clever student, I didn't mind. For me, reading can make me able to think rationally, profoundly and with originality.
All of a sudden, I was knocking down someone. I was very shocked I have never been like this. Slowly, I put aside my book and looked at the person. I gaped.
"Chosonghaeyo."
The person was a boy. He was still on the floor. I looked at his face carefully. I have never seen him before. I squatted. Then I examined his face without realizing he was staring at me.
After realizing that, I went scarlet. He was really handsome. To tell you, he was the most handsome person I had ever seen. I quickly bowed my head as sorry. Then I handed my hand in order to help him but, he refused. He pushed me to make me sat on the floor. Didn't care, I stood up as well with him.
"Are you new here?" I asked, smiling.
"It does not matter with you," he answered arrogantly.
"Er, I just want to help you, Kim Joon Myeon-ssi," I replied while looking at his nametag. He frowned then glanced to his nametag. I smiled sheepishly. "So what class are you?"
He raised up his eyebrow. He stared at me. I carved a smile. Seriously, my intention was good.
"Then what will I get if I let you know?"
"Oh? Oh, you will definitely get into your class."
He carved a little smirk. Noticing that, I could hear the thumping of my heart, getting quicker than ever. Really. I have never felt like that. That was the first time, indeed. Seriously, I was not a social girl. Not at all. But, to get my heart thumping like that, it was the first time. And I got caught by him.
"Okay, Seo Joo Hyun-ssi," he said while looking at my nametag. I was embarrassed. "Kayo," he added. "I will be in 5A."
I nodded. Then I carved a smile. I walked abreast with him and all of a sudden, he stopped me by his hand. I was shocked.
"Something wrong somewhere?"
He looked at me then held my shoulders. I was startled and widened my eyes. He made the thumping of my heart, getting quicker than ever again. I took a breath.
"I just want to remind you that I'm not going to stick with you after this. And you can't claim for what you have done to me, by helping me, anyway."
"But, why?"
"Because I don't like to stick with GIRLS," he answered, pressing the last word and walked away.
I gazed from his back. He was freaking me. I didn't say anything whether to stick with him or whatsoever. But, he did remind me. Ah, what a weird! I shook. Then I looked at my left. I noticed something.
"Kim Joon Myeon-ssi!" I exclaimed. He stopped then turned back. I grinned. "Where are you going? Your class, er, our class... yes, our class is here," I said while pointing to my left.
He gaped. Then he drew closer to me and stared into my eyes. I lowered my head. I was so scared to see his scary eyes.
He sighed then walked inside the class. I let out a long breath. I was so relieved. After a while, I walked inside the class to get at my place.

***

It has been three weeks since Joonmyeon was in the school. Along the time, I was not listen to his warning, to not stick with him. In fact, I kept myself closer to him.
Even he does not like what have I done, I noticed that he knew a little bit of myself like to call me Seohyun, what most I like to do, what most I scared to and some of them. Well I by myself was so happy.
All about his life I knew them well. It was like I have grown with him. But, I just don't know his house. To tell you, I always stick with him even he warned me on his first day. I just ignored. Until he can't say anything to me.
Yet, he has a favorite place to go to. The rooftop. He always go there during recess. I knew about that because I always follow him. He did know about that. And he does not know how to stop me.
Slowly, I walked upstairs to the rooftop. It was so beautiful. It has a good care. There was a bench in a garden that was built up by the school administration. For years I was in the school, I never thought to be there. Since he was here, only then I found its beauty.
"Joonmyeon-ssi."
He was sitting on the bench, gazing at the sky. Then he turned his head to the back. I smiled while walking towards him. Then I sat next to him.
"Who let you to sit here?"
"Nobody," I answered, smiling.
He chirped. I looked at him. He ogled me. But, I carved a smile. I didn't care what he did to me. Yes, he was cold to me. But, to get yourself along with the cold guy, you need to be a very patient person. Just like me.
"Happy birthday, Joonmyeon-ssi," I said while handing him a present, a music box.
He looked at the music box. Then he put his eyes on me. I shook my hands so he can take it.
"What is this? I don't need this. Besides, today is not my birthday," he said, pushing away my hands.
I blinked my eyes repeatedly. I pouted and looked at him. He crossed his arms. I nudged him.
"Boya?" he yelled.
"Joonmyeon-ssi, why did you tell me like that? I know today is your birthday," I said gracefully.
He shook. I threw away my sight to the front. I let out a long breath. It was hard. Really hard. He was really not a person who likes to flirt and whatsoever. He was really cold. Not cool. But, cold.
"Never mind. I will leave it here. But, if you don't want it, just throw it in the dustbin," I stopped. "And about our class' plan, I hope you will join us. It must be awesome with your presence. I'm sure," I added.
I stood up and put the music box on the place that I sat. I smiled then bowed to him. Without any hesitation, I left him with a hope that he will take it with the whole of his heart.