Chapter 20

60 Seconds

Seohyun

Two months later...
It has been so long since Lay and I didn't talk. Along the times, he did come to work. But, it was too rare for me to see him. Well it was my fault. I started the war first. And I was too ego to ask for his forgiveness. Our friendly friendship has gone faded. It was my fault. My fault, indeed.
Actually, to be honest about him, he was so kind. All his doings would make all parents take him as their son-in-law. No one will disappointed with him. So for me, no one should hurt him. No one. But, there was someone who had hurt him. And it was me.
He always treat me for dinner. But, it was just me who had to refuse sometimes. Eventhough, he was really understanding. To let you know, he was not a hot-tempered person. But, what had I said to him, he really should angry. After all, he has the right. Yes, he has.
I know I was cruel. And I was the cruel person ever in this world. If there has such an award, that should be me. Seriously, he was not supposed to get me as his friend. Really.
I looked at the frog clock. It showed 11.00 a.m. He should be here. Did something happen on him? What do I do? If in that case, I will never ever forgive myself for hurting someone's heart who was innocent.
"I want to make payment."
I was startled. I took a deep breath and carved a smile.
"Do you have a member card?"
"Yes, I do. Wait a minute."
While waiting for the member card, I wrapped the flowers with transparent wrapper. Then I took them inside a special bag.
"Are you done? Here my card member," said the woman, handing her member card to me.
"Oh, Mrs. Han. Wait up. I think you have got so many points," I said while inserting her member card in the scan machine.
"Oh, really? Well I'm used to buy flowers here. You know what? The other reason is because your worker, Lay. He was so kind to me."
I was silent. I just gave her a thin smile. She was praising Lay. That showed that he was really a real man. I handed back her member card.
"But, where is he? I didn't see him. Did he resign?" she asked.
"Oh, anieo. He is still working here. I just have him as my worker, Mrs. Han."
"Ah, I know. Then I think he will not do that. He loves his work. And I think he feels guilty whether to leave you or stay. Akassi, remember. He is so worthy. Don't let him down," she said, concernly.
I bowed my head with a thin smile. Then I handed her things.
"I will be going. Take care."
"Please come again," I said, bowing my head.
She stopped. I looked at her. Did she leave something? I could see she was smiling. I tried to peep out. Then I saw Lay was bowing to her. He was really a polite man.
He came in with a bright smile. But, it was not for me. For sure. I looked at him. He put his things in the front store. I never knew where had he put his things in this two months.
"Oh, you came," I greeted him, as it was the first step.
He stopped then looked at me, bowing. He never do that. I was shocked. Does he think I was not his friend? Does he hate me? I can't believe for what had I seen.
"Lay-ah, are..."
"Chosonghaeyo. I have a lot of works to do. I got to go," he said then walked away.
I was startled. My pool eyes were glistening with tears. It was so hard. My feelings were mixed. I can't describe it anymore. The more I do, the more I feel the pain. And that was enough.

End of POV

After Suho has finished his lunch, he decided to go to Flowers Heaven. It has been so long he didn't visit the shop.
He walked inside the shop. At his first sight, there was nobody at the counter. He went straightly to roses' section. They were lot of colours as pink, red, white, yellow and many more.
People said that red rose is the meaning of love while yellow rose is the meaning of friendship. But, if he has to choose between them, he will definitely go with white rose. Well he has nobody to give to. To be short, the special one.
Lay saw a customer was looking flowers, maybe choosing. He looked at the customer carefully. He frowned.
"That is the person who was with his mom, if I'm not mistaken."
He was not sure. But, he was certain with himself. He walked to the the customer, in case to help out.
"May I help you?"
Suho turned back slightly. He carved a smile and bowed as his respect to the other people.
Lay was a bit happy because he was true. He bowed back.
"My pleasure. But, I'm not going to buy for my girlfriend," teased Suho. Lay laughed. Apparently, both of them were happy. "Oh, since our first met, we didn't know each other. Well you know, it is not proper. And basically, I don't like formal things. I'm Kim Joon Myeon a.k.a Suho who was born on 22nd of May 1991. Perhaps, if you wish to give me some present, remember that date. Nice to meet you."
"Uwa! Nice introduction," said Lay with a smile. "Then my turn. My name is Zhang Yi Xing a.k.a Lay who was born on 7th of October 1991 in Changsha, Hunan. Basically, I'm from China," he stopped.
"Oh, jinjja? I thought you are Korean. Ni hao ma?"
"Oh, you do know how to speak in Chinese?" asked Lay, blinking his eyes.
"Haha... you are so funny. Actually, not really. It is basic, by the way. So I know it. But, I'm impressed with you. You can speak Hangul well."
Lay was a bit shy. He carved a smile with dimple twisted at the corner of his lips.
"Well where is the counter girl, by the way?"
"Pardon?"
"The girl that managed the payment. Actually, I want to buy flowers. That day I didn't buy, right? So today, I'm going to buy," I stopped my long explanation.
"Instead of counter girl, don't you have any suitable name for her?"
Suho was distracted. Lay smiled while patting his shoulder.
"Her name is Seo Joo Hyun. But, you may call her Seohyun. She was born in the same year with us. By the way, she went out. First of all, let me help you to choose the flowers since I'm expert," said Lay. Suho laughed. "Why are you laughing? I'm telling you the truth. What kind of flower do you want?"
"I'm sorry. Ah, you are so funny," said Suho, smiling. "Well I want rose," he continued.
"Then what colour do you want? Each colour represents a deep meaning, though."
Suho chuckled. He could feel Lay was really expert in terms of flowers.
"So what is wrong now?"
"Nothing. But, I think you are going to tell me that red rose is the meaning of love and yellow rose is the meaning of friendship, am I right?"
"Oh, how did you know that? Ah, then I'm no longer expert," said Lay, lowering his tone.
"It is basic," said Suho, trying to comfort Lay. "Then instead of red and yellow, what should I buy?"
Lay was thinking. One, three, five, ten minutes were past. He got no answer. But, he was still pretending to think something.
Suho was about to laugh. He was really enjoyed meeting Lay.
"I will buy white roses. Please get me a bouquet," said Suho, smiling.
"Uwa! Do you have a member card? If you don't have one, then you must be really rich. Just look at what you were wearing. You must be a something in an office, are you?"
"Ah, you are silly. No, I'm not rich. It was my parents that rich."
"Then you are a well-born son," said Lay, overreacting.
Suho laughed. Lay did so. They were so extremely happy, like they had known each other for a long time.
Seohyun came in as she was just cameback from bank. She went straightly to the counter. Then she checked if she was left with any reservation when she was gone. Nothing was written.
"Yah! I'm telling the truth."
She knew who was the owner of the voice. It was Lay. She looked up for his glimpse and found him with someone. Both of them were happy. She was interested to know.
Suho picked up what roses does he think fresh. He smiled. Then he handed them to Lay, turning his front features.
Seohyun was shocked. What was she interested to know has dragged her to something that she could not believe. She can't take her breath normally. She could hear her heart thumping, getting quicker than ever as well with her pool eyes were glistening with tears.
Suho walked to the counter. He wants to make payment first while waiting for his roses that were going to wrap by Lay.
"Annyeonghaseyo," he greeted.
"A-annyeonghaseyo," replied Seohyun, stammering.
"I want to make payment."
She was silent. She was only looked at the person that she assumed as Joonmyeon. She was confused.
"Instead to make payment, may I ask you something?" she asked.
Suho nodded even he was a bit surprise. He was like that not because the person in front of him that he knew as Seohyun was going to ask him something. But, he was a bit surprise because her pool eyes were glistening with tears.
"Are you... by any chance... Kim Joon Myeon?"
"Oh? Ah, that is my name. You may call me Suho. By the way, how did you know? Did you know me?"
Seohyun was unstable. Her heart was scattered. Her feelings were fatal. If only she could turn time. She would know where Suho has been all this while and to know the reason why he turned like this.
"Don't you know me? I'm Seo Joo Hyun. Your only girl."
"Ah, I do know you," said Suho, smiling. "Well Lay has told me about you just now," he continued.
Seohyun leaned against the wall behind her. She was startled. Her tears flowed down on her cheeks. She was really disappointed. She was really hurt. And she always hurt. She was destined to be in the situation.
"Er, did I say wrong? Why are you crying?"
Lay came to the counter with a smile. He looked at Suho. But, he was very shocked when looked at Seohyun who was crying. He frowned.
"Er, your bouquet," he said, trying to get into the situation.
Seohyun wiped away her tears. She can't show that she was crying to Lay. But, she was sure that he noticed she cried.
Suho smiled to Lay and looked at Seohyun. He was confused with what he saw. He does not know her but, she was crying. And for sure, she was crying because of him. Without any delay, he paid for the bouquet of roses and walked away, smiling, the fake one.
Lay stared stared at Seohyun in disbelief, shaking. He does not get with her. He was really confused. This is the second time he saw she was in that condition after seeing or meeting Suho. But, he even felt confused to see she even cried.
"I'm not... g-going..."
"I don't want to know, though. I'm nobody," he said, ogling then walked away.
Seohyun was like a person who was being hit. After one and another. She can't think properly. What did she do wrong? What was her fault? She sat at the counter. Slowly, her tears flowed down on her flawless cheeks. Her tears can't stop. Never.