PART 5

Skool Luv Affair

“Hyung…”

All 6 heads turned his way and then he remembered belatedly, he should really be more specific of who he was talking to. But this was equally handy. They all looked at him expectantly.

“… how… do you get a girl… to notice you… like notice you?”

That immediately caught the attention of all the boys.

“What? Who is this girl?”

“I thought you were saving yourself for your first love?”

“Is she from another school?”

“Is she hot?”

“How can she not even notice you?”

“She must be stupid.”

Their rapid fire comments and questions came at Jung Kook before waving them away. They were all looking at him so seriously that he could only chuckle.

“I-”

“Guys this is serious, our maknae is having love problems,” Rap Monster looked at the group, suddenly starting a separate mini discussion.

“I didn’t think this day would come so soon,” J-Hope said seriously.

“At this point he’s already a man, it means… we have to give him the talk soon…” Suga looked at everyone before all of them looked at Jung Kook.

“Hyung you have to give him that talk,” Rap Mon looked at Jin who sat by the near window.

His head snapped at them, faced shocked as he pointed to himself. “Me? Why me?”

“Because you’re the eldest, you’re the most experienced and mature out of the rest of us!”

Jun shifted in his seat uncomfortably as he looked at Jung Kook who looked expectantly back at him. The Talk? An involuntary blush crept up to his cheeks but he looked away before the members noticed it.

“Not interested,” he said dismissively.

“Tsk, hyung’s out, who el-”

“I can give him the talk,” Jimin bravely volunteered.

They all patted him as if he was volunteering to into a burning building.

“YAH! I’M SERIOUS HYUNGS!” Jung Kook blushed.

Everyone in the room snickered at his embarrassment, even Jin smiled.

“Arasu, arasu,” Rap Mon laughed.

Everyone started to drag their tables and chairs and faced it to Jung Kook’s direction.

“So what exactly’s the problem?”

Suddenly at the center of attention, Jung Kook couldn’t meet their eyes. “Um, so I met my first love again-”

“WOAH, who? Where? When?!” J-Hope bounced in his seat.

“Let the boy finish,” V poked him from behind with his foot.

“… and well, she still sees me as a little boy, I mean I’m not that little anymore, and anyway she’s only just a year older, that doesn’t mean anything right? It’s just that… how do I make her see me as a man?”

The blush was evident on his cheeks but he looked at them so earnestly that they had to take him seriously. Rap Mon suddenly stood up and went to the chalk board.

“How… to… make… her… see… me… as… a man,” Rap Mon wrote it in big letters across the black board and then he looked expectantly at the group.

“Ahhhh hyung! Someone might see!” Jung Kook complained.

“Shush, we’re starting operation To be seen as a man here,” he shushed him.

“So what do we have first? Yes Jimin!” RapMon pointed at Jimin who snickered.

“Show her your d-”

J-Hope thumped the back of his head.

“You’re officially banned from this discussion, who else?”

“Go half- around her,” J-Hope offered.

“You’re not helping either,” Rap Monster stared at him.

“What? Nothing says I’m a man than muscles right?”

“Oohyyeeaahh,” Jimin gave J-Hope a high five.

“I’m not going to strip for her,” Jung Kook deadpanned.

“Well do you like her or not?”

“I do! But I’m not going to strip!................ do you think it will really work?” Jung Kook added in a small voice.

“Okay okay, an idea that will not involve endangering Jung Kook’s dignity,” Rap Monster amended as he looked at s, this was proving hopeless.

For the first time since the discussion began Jin spoke up, “how about giving her flowers? Being a gentleman, slowly trying to show her how you feel?” Jin offered.

They all turned their heads at him.

“Naahhhhh…” they said in chorus, Jin mentally slapped himself.

“A girl doesn’t want a gentleman, they’re into bad boys! She’s never going to see you as a man if you become a gentleman! She’s just going to see you as a cute little butler who gives her food and tie her hair” Jimin protested as the others agreed.

“But you don’t want to be too bad either, you don’t want to scare her away,” Rap Monster contributed.

Jung Kook looked at his hyungs to and fro, confused of what to do. On the other hand they did sound right, he didn’t want to look like a push over but on the other hand, he didn’t want to scare her away either. The dilemma was making him stressed.

“This is hard,” he mumbled.

“It’s actually easy, just tell her you like her straight up,” Suga shrugged, everyone in the room looked at him, that didn’t sound so bad.

“But what if she doesn’t feel the same thing and she won’t talk to me anymore?” Jung Kook asked, worried.

“Then you force her to notice you,” V said.

“That sounds a little harsh hyung, you’ve always been too harsh,” Jung kook deadpanned again.

“V has a point, not necessarily force her in a bad way, like, get her attention, like-” J-Hope suddenly lit up and snapped his fingers “-COURT HER!”

Jung Kook scrunched his face at the unfamiliar word.

“Court her? What the hell is courting? Like basketball?...... Does that like I have to bring her to a court? The ’s that?”

They all looked at him as if he was the most precious thing they’ve ever laid eyes on. Jung Kook flipped them off and they all burst out laughing.

“Our poor, cute, naïve little maknae,” Rap Monster slung his arm around the young boy affectionately.

“… I will break your arm off…” Jung kook hissed.

“Have you seen mating in the animal world? They dance, they howl, they even battle it out to the deaths for the female that they like. In our species, the courting ritual is more brutal,” Rap Monster said dramatically.

“Not a lot of guys can survive the courting rituals, at the end of their rituals, they usually have their dignities shredded, pride broken and hearts lost… even we, your hyungs, haven’t perfected the art of courting!” He declared with his finger in the air “but we are naturally good looking, so we don’t need to make an effort,” he finished off with a cocky grin.

Jung Kook let out a relieved sigh, he made it sound so terrifying.

“It’s all about technique,” Jimin smirked.

“Technique? What happened to ‘naturally good looking?’” Jung Kook fought off a smile.

“Well there are plenty girls who like to play hard to get, but you know they want you,” Jimin replied knowingly.

 Jung Kook looked at his hyungs, in an outside point of view, they looked scary, intimidating and mean. But no one would believe him if he said they were the weirdest, out of the top and the most loyal people he had ever met. Did he mention slightly dumb at times too? They were also dumb for smart people. And as preposterous as their suggestions sounded like, he was grateful for the effort.

“Techniques huh… like what?”

“Each guy has a specific technique of approaching girls, as you can see from Suga, he’s very blunt, he usually states right away the he likes the girl, right Suga?” Rap Mon nodded to him.

“Bull’s eyes,” he winked.

“I mean I don’t understand the point of going around the bush, if I like the girl, I like her and if I like her enough, I make her mine, and I always win,” Suga grinned.

“So it’s like a game?”

Rap Monster clapped his back that Jung Kook almost chocked on his saliva, “that’s right! Now you’re getting it!”

“Can you tell me all of your techniques? So I can decide on my own too?” Jung Kook looked at the others.

J-Hope raised his hand, “me first! What I usually do is make fun of the girl, you know, , make her embarrassed so that when I compliment her out of the blue, she’ll be surprised and she’ll like it.”

“Oooooohhhhhh!” Everyone reacted, impressed as they gave him high fives.

“I usually just-” before Jimin started Suga had already had his hand over his mouth.

“We don’t need you to corrupt Jung Kook,” Suga shook his head at him.

Jimin pushed him off before dusting himself, “aish, he needs to be a man anyway,” he mumbled. “Anyway, if you want to get laid, you know who to call,” he winked at Jung Kook.

Laid? Hani noona? The heat was unbearable as he blushed.

“Shuttup hyung,” he managed to mumble out.

Jin was spacing out while looking out the window so Rap Monster told Jung Kook instead, “it doesn’t look like it, but Jin is really good at taking care of a girl, he’s like the silent knight and shining armor.”

“Aaahhh.”

“V hung?”

V only grunted disinterestedly.

“He doesn’t do courting,” Rap Monster explained.

“How about you hyung?” Jung Kook turned to the leader.

“Me? I usually try to find out what she likes and go along with it, but when I do that to younger girls or girls my age, it’s such a hassle, they always play hard to get or say what they don’t know and I’m always like what dafaq. Now older women, they usually tell you how it is and it makes every way easier.”

“What she likes,” Jung Kook considered.

“Wouldn’t that be hard since it’s been a while? She’s probably different from the girl that you met years ago too,” Jin jumped back into the conversation again.

“Hyung has a point,” J-Hope agreed.

“You’ve got to go back to square number 1,” Suga said.

“That’s such a hassle,” V grumbled.

“She must be that hot,” Jimin commented.

Jung Kook considered this, it has been a while. It wasn’t only him that changed but she did to. She can finally go out and have fun. He wants to be the person who shows her what she’d missed out.

“She’s worth it.”