PART 4

Skool Luv Affair

Jung Kook shuffled his feet, nervous. Why was he nervous in the first place? He paced outside just beside the school grounds. Then why did he feel like a stalker too? Maybe it was because he had to trail Hani yesterday so he’d know her route so he could pull her aside.

It would be bad for her if the students knew he was talking to her. They’d be asking why too. He shoved his hands in his pockets.

“Jackson put that down or I swear I will tell Yoo Ra on you- yeah that’s what I thought!” Her voice came in like a flood of relief.

“Hani-ah.”

“Nollatjana!”

Hani swatted Jung Kook but he only chuckled before dragging her under the safety of the hedges.

“Are you okay?”

A touched smile replaced Hani’s face as she nodded her head and then she looked at her surroundings. They really were behind the hedges of the school, although it wasn’t as dirty as she thought it’d be.

“But cookie, why are we here?”

“Ah that… it would be troublesome if you were seen with me,” he rubbed his neck.

Memories of the other night popped into Hani’s face, that’s right, he had switched to the dark side. Her innocent, sweet little cookie.

“Cookie-ah, I know you’re in Bangtan.”

“What? How?” He asked surprised.

“Well it’s hardly a secret, I mean you guys are pretty famous,” Hani rolled her eyes, “but Cookie… I hear they’re into… you know… beating people… why are you in that?”

Jung Kook looked down, he wasn’t ready for this. This wasn’t part of the plan.

“Just trust me,” he suddenly looked up and flashed her his winning smiles.

Hani looked at her, still doubtful but it was hard to resist those smiles. Until she caught it and she smiled back. At that point, they were already sitting on the ground and leaning against the columns. She was extremely curious but she didn’t want to push it if he didn’t want to tell.

“Don’t you have classes kiddo?” Hani thumped his shoulder.

“I’m not a kid anymore, besides, you’re just a year older than me,” Jung Kook grumbled.

That was still one hurdle he had yet to jump, she still thought of him as a younger brother. Well they weren’t related at all, and he wasn’t all that young anymore. The frustration almost got to him but he held his tongue. What was he supposed to do?

“Fine, but you should better go though, I think that’s your bell.”

Jung Kook coolly gave a curt nod before walking away.

“What was that,” Hani giggled.

She stood from the ground and dusted herself. This was the second time she was under the little pathway with hedges and everything. It looked peaceful and nice, with the sun peaking through the little branches and leaves. Hani would have drifted off to sleep if it weren’t for a voice. The voice was familiar and deep, and speaking really fast. She followed the voice and came to a stop.

Suga?

He was rapping through the phone as he had another one playing the beat. Hani wasn’t into hip hop but she had to give props to the guy, he could really rap. The lyrics of the song he was rapping wasn’t so bad either, it was about being suppressed by expectations of somebody else, trapped and seeing your talents wither in discouragement. It was something substantial.

Then he stopped.

“How was that?” Suga spoke to the phone.

“I know it’s still just a draft- I am taking this serio- You know I can’t do this at hom- I can make tim- Was it bad? It was alright?” he scoffed “arasu- deh- arasu.”

He slammed the phone down. Hani had heard a gist of a rumor about Suga trying to get into a label as a trainee, but they’ve been pretty demanding despite the fact that they haven’t accepted him yet. It sounded as if they were just playing around with him. That’s mean. She almost placed a foot forward before changing her mind.

Get out of their way. Right. Must remember. I should probably have it tattooed or something.

But it wasn’t right if she left him sulking that way right? Hani stole a peak over her shoulders but he was already gone!

“You know it’s illegal to spy on people.”

Hani almost screamed as she plastered herself against one of the columns. Suga was standing right in front of her now, hands shoved in his pocket and looking a bit annoyed.

“What did you hear? How much did you hear?”

“I-i-I-”

“Speak properly or I’m going to pull that pretty little tongue out!” he demanded.

“YouwererappingandtalkingaboutaphoneandIdidn’tunderstandawordofit!” She said in one breath.

Suga looked at her, coldly at first until a smile slowly seeped into her lips.

“I knew you were in to me too, I’m cool with this playing hard to get thing you’ve got going on,” he said cheekily.

Hani blinked at him, for one moment there she thought he was going to punch her, okay well maybe not punch but pin her up again. Instead, that came out. She didn’t know whether to be relieved or be annoyed by him. In the end, relief won.

“I’m not into you anything, now if you will excuse me-”

“Uh-huh, ain’t so fast little kitty, you’re not going anywhere,” He said as he roughly took her shoulder and guided her to one of the benches before pushing her down.

“Wha- I have classes,” she protested.

“Bell’s not yet even rang,” he smiled.

Hani bit her tongue and quieted down. She was completely conscious of him even more so now because of the awkward silence that fell between them. What was the point of making her stay anyway? She snuck a sideways look at him, only to find out that he was already looking at her.

She blushed as she chuckled.

“I knew you were into me.”

“Please,” Hani scoffed.

“Yah,” he hit her leg with his foot, leaving a mark on her black socks.

“What gives?” she dusted it in annoyance.

“Don’t tell anyone what you’ve heard here,” he said, his turn suddenly turning serious.

“Don’t be so full of it, you think I have nothing better to do than spread rumors about you? As if, I have a life,” Hani retorted rather defensively.

“Well a lot of people in this school don’t have one, so you better not open that pretty mouth of yours… on second thought…”

Hani blushed as she gaped at him. The nerve!

“There’s that face, you know, I can think a lot of way to use that mouth properly,” he winked.

She turned deep red this time before slapping his arm. Suga laughed as he rubbed the place where she slapped him and grabbed her hand before she could stomp away.

“I was kidding! Partly… kind of… slightly… a little…” he smiled cheekily.

“Why would I even spread that useless information anyway? There’s nothing juicy about a good rap and a phone call!” Hani snapped.

“You thought my rap was good?”

That did nothing to her blush.

“It wasn’t that bad,” she grumbled.

Suga smiled but he held back a thanks. He didn’t thank anyone, only the Bangtan Boys, other than the group, he didn’t want to awe anyone anything by being grateful to them. He looked at the blushing girl beside him and found himself smiling again.

“But you know a lot of people would have recorded that and frame me by saying I plagiarized it, you never know who is out to get you.”

“Oh I know plenty out to get you,” Hani mumbled under her breath.

“You’re right.”

That caused Hani to jerk up, he heard? There was a distant look on his face.

“There’s a reason why dreams are dreams, it wouldn’t be dreams if they were so easy right?” he said, again with that light smile.

“If only you didn’t have to beat up people, the body count of those blocking your way wouldn’t be a problem,” Hani said scathingly.

Suga blinked before laughing.

“That mouth,” it was supposed to be a warning but the trace of laughter in his voice ruined it.

“It doesn’t come with a filter,” Hani scrunched her face.

Suga snuck a glance at her as he idly kicked the grass under her feet. Suddenly he held out his hand, Hani looked at him, confused of what to do so she slapped his hand as a high five.

“No,” he chuckled “your phone.”

“Why?” she narrowed her eyes at him.

“Just give me your phone,” he stared pointedly at her.

In the back of her mind, it seemed like he was going to break her phone. Did he not trust her when she said she wouldn’t say anything? Did he think she secretly recorded him? No, she can’t give him her phone.

“No.”

An annoyed now replaced his features.

“Your ing phone.”

Gone was the light hearted Suga, instead there was a determined and irked Suga in his place. He shook his hand impatiently at her.

“Why?!”

“I’m getting your number.”

“What- why?”

Hani looked at him, bewildered. Does he not know the social invention called “asking”?

“Number,” he growled.

“No!” Hani said firmly before going up to her feet, but once again he was fast and he grabbed her wrist to pull her back.

“Phone.”

The dangerous take on his tone sent a shiver up her spine, she shakily took out her phone, but before Suga could get it, she threw it over the hedges where she prayed it would land safely on the ground.

“Did you just throw your phone away?” Suga asked, shocked.

Hani took advantage of his momentary shock and wrenched herself free from his grasp to run for her life. Leaving Suga, standing there.

When Hani turned the corner she bumped into something hard, she quickly backed away before looking up. Frantically thinking she ran into Bangtan again.

“Hani?” The deep voice caused her to automatically look up.

“Mark oppa!” she said it with so much relief that Mark couldn’t help but look worried.

“Are you okay?”

“Yeah, I just- you know, got lost and started to panic,” she lied.

Mark softened, “come on, the others were looking for you just now,” he slung an arm around her.

“But oppa, what were you doing here? Don’t you have classes?”

Mark smiled mysteriously at her, “I do, but it’s none of your business,” the words would have stung if it weren’t for that smile of his.

“Sorry, I didn’t mean to pry,” she automatically apologized.

“Don’t be, but anyway, you shouldn’t be walking alone you know, I heard you’ve been attracting a lot of eyes lately,” he said.

“Huh?”

“Do you know how troublesome it is to have my classmates bothering me to introduce them to you? Seriously,” Mark huffed.

“Wait what?” Hani asked, surprised.

He looked at her, equally surprised. The confused look on her face was real and he realized that she had no idea how she looked like. The naiveté stirred something in him, he pulled her close.

“Nothing little ducky,” he smiled.

“I’m not little,” Hani protested.

“Oh yeah, your head in my arm pits beg to differ.”

“Did you put on deodorant this morning?” Hani asked carefully.

“No, and I was at basketball practice this morning,” Mark grinned.

“EW OPPAAAA~!” Hani pushed him away but he only laughed and kept pulling her close.

This is interesting.

They both looked at each other.