Spring Training

Swing, Batter Batter
Please log in to read the full chapter

One

It was almost ridiculous how good of a baseball player Kim Jongin was. That was the primary thought of Do Kyungsoo as he stood behind the fence of the baseball field, a few towels draped over his shoulder.

Jongin was known for his wicked fast ball, but he was good at every pitch, in Kyungsoo's opinion. Letting out a wanton sigh, Kyungsoo leaned against the fence, fingers tangled up in the holes between the metal wire.

"Careful, he might catch you," a lilting voice teased, and Kyungsoo knew without looking that it was Byun Baekhyun, team manager AKA the waterboy. "Don't you get tired of staring at him like that?"

Kyungsoo glared at the other male over his shoulder, eyes narrowing. "You're one to talk. I saw you oggling the third baseman at Friday's training."

Baekhyun's ears turned red. "I was not oggling him, Do Kyungsoo. I was making sure he didn't get his pants torn when he dived for the ball during that amazing play." He sniffed, indignant.

"Uh-huh. I'm sure you were thorough about checking to see if the tear was on his , right?" Kyugsoo snickered, Baekhyun fuming by now, blushing before he made a noise similar to what Kyungsoo imagined was what a dying bird made. Baekhyun stormed off, mumbling something about getting water bottles while Kyungsoo returned to peeking through the fence.

Really, a baseball team didn't need towel boys all that much. But they worked in the hot sun in hats and pants and long socks, so they usually enjoyed wiping their sweat off, sometimes dousing a towel in water and placing it on their hot skin to cool it. The image of Jongin panting as he jogged off the field, glove in hand, before reaching for a water bottle and towel, downing the liquid while wiping away the glistening sweat on his neck was something Kyungsoo always secretly watched.

Well--maybe not so secret. He always caught Jongdae, a left outfielder, leering at him when he noticed Kyungsoo's gaze slide over Jongin's form more than once.

Luckily, Jongin himself seemed oblivious. If he ever met Kyungsoo's gaze he would smile, thank him, hand him the now sweaty towel back, then go to get his glove or helmet or bat or whatever it was he needed.

Kyungsoo was snapped out of his rather pleasant reverie of images of sweaty Jongin when he heard the coach yell at the players to go take a shower.

That was Kyungsoo's cue. He picked up his basket of towels, the s

Please log in to read the full chapter