There's no love without pain

Skoolboy Luv

Kai must have seen Yoogni coming because by the time he reached Jimin, the bartender was nowhere to be found. Good. er better run. Yoongi gripped Jimin’s wrists turning the boy so he could get a good look at him. He was furious that Jimin could forget about him in favour of Kai. He knew that Kai was attractive, but he thought Jimin had really liked him. He wanted to cry, and he rubbed his eye angrily to stop the tears from falling. His first instinct when he’d seen the kiss, was to run away, to leave Jimin with Kai and just go get blind drunk, letting the bitter liquid drown his sorrows. But he knew it was his own fault for bringing Jimin here, he had wanted the other boy to see his talent, to know that he was the only boy Yoongi had brought here. He wanted Jimin to feel special. Like Jimin had made him feel at the park. 

 

He felt stupid, but he wasn’t going to let Jimin stay here and become Kai’s toy for the night. No. He would bring him home, and spend tomorrow trying to forget him before school on Monday. 

 

Jimin’s eyes were unfocused. He has having a hard time making Yoongi not seem too blurry, and it was really annoying him. The room was spinning slightly, and he just wanted to close his eyes and make it stop, but every time he did he got a splitting headache and felt really ill. He could distinctly remember hearing Yoongi’s rap, thinking how beautiful it sounded, knowing it was talking about him. Then things became fuzzy, he thought he remembered Yoongi getting off stage and kissing him, but it didn’t smell like Yoongi, and the kiss was different to his kisses with Yoongi. But he didn’t know anyone else here, so he kissed back, thinking Yoongi was as drunk as he was. He had never been drunk before, and decided that if it made you feel like this, he didn’t ever want to be again. And that didn’t explain why Yoongi was standing in front of him now, with four two eyes staring him down, like he wanted nothing more than to kill him. It didn’t make sense.

 

Yoongi heard Jimin whimper, and wanted to take pity on the boy. To gather him in his arms and ease his pain. He instead dropped his wrist and turned away, walking towards the exit of the club. He needed to calm down before he took Jimin home because right now he wasn’t sure what he was capable of, especially if he had to be alone with Jimin. He watched Jimin’s arms reach towards him, muttering his name softly, and he couldn’t deny that Jimin did look beautiful, and pathetic. It wouldn't be hard to…

 

He furrowed his brows and shook his head. Slapping his forehead, he turned back to Jimin. He couldn’t believe he would think such a thing, just because Jimin had hurt him did not mean the boy deserved the same treatment. He pulled Jimin off the seat, and slung his arm around his waist, supporting his almost dead weight. 

 

“Come on ya lightweight, let’s get you home.” Yoongi mentally applauded for making his voice sound so calm. Even when he wanted to shake Jimin for being stupid, and ruining their chances. He pushed them through the crowd and into the cool night air. He figured if he could get them back to the car, he could just drive Jimin to his house, then walk back home. As he took a step forward, Jimin wrapped both his arms around his neck, effectively stopping them both from moving forward.

 

He tried to untangle Jimin’s arms from around him, but to no avail. The boy was like a leech. He felt himself grow irritated at Jimin’s cute act, especially after the scene he’d just made inside. Maybe he should have left Jimin with Kai. He actually probably thinks I am Kai. His arms that had been hanging limply at his sides, reach up and shoved Jimin forcefully. He watched the other land on the pavement hard.

 

Jimin felt his body falling, he tried to reach out for Yoongi, but the other just let him fall. He landed harshly on his , and winced in pain. He looked up at Yoongi with fresh tears threatening to spill. He was really confused now. 

 

“Yoongi~” Jimin pouted and spoke with such a soft voice that Yoongi had to strain his ears just to hear it. He didn’t want to though. He didn’t want to hear anything Jimin had to say.

 

“Hurry up. I want to go home.” Yoongi turned around again. Knowing that if he looked at pitiful, hurt Jimin anymore, his resolve would crack and he’d pick the boy up and cradle in his arms. He was not going to forgive him, just because he was cute. 

 

“But—“

 

“No buts Jimin. Get the up, or I’ll just leave without you and you can ask your boyfriend to take you home!” Yoongi shouted annoyed.

 

“But Yoongi…you’re my boyfriend.” Jimin sounded so genuinely hurt that Yoongi had no choice but to turn around. The sight before him made his heart clench. Jimin had tears streaming down his face and was staring at Yoongi with such a lost expression. Yoongi allowed himself one more moment of tenderness toward the beautiful boy, before he let him go. He cupped his jaw, and laid a soft kiss on one of his wet, chubby cheeks. He tilted his head upwards, whispering in his ear, “No, I’m not.”

 

Jimin snapped his head out of Yoongi’s hold, and stared at him with a look of utter betrayal.

 

“W-w-what d-do y-you m-mean?” Fresh tears fell from Jimin’s eyes, and he hiccuped through his sentence.

 

Yoongi didn’t feel like explaining himself, so he just pulled Jimin off the ground, pulling him away from the club, away from Kai, and away from their relationship. Before they exited the alley, Jimin pulled out of his grasp and clutched onto his shirt, crying silently. He kept repeating ‘please’ but what he was pleading for Yoongi had no idea. His first thought was that Jimin was pleading to go back to Kai, but he dismissed that when he remembered Jimin said that he was his boyfriend. If he knows, why would he kiss him?

 

His head hurt just thinking about it, but he didn’t want to think about anymore until he was by himself, and he could process his own thoughts. He just needed to get Jimin home, then he could start hating him. He pulled Jimin into his arms, whispering, “Things will be okay when you wake up, okay baby? It’s okay.” Yoongi wanted to believe his own words, but knew that things would be more complicated in the morning. It took 15 minutes before Jimin was ready to quite clutching Yoongi’s clothes. He pushed himself back, and Yoongi stared at him. His face was swollen, eyes bright red and puffy, his nose had snot dripping from it, and his lips were trembling, as he gasped for breath.

 

Yoongi made no move to comfort him this time, instead he grasped his wrist and started pulling him down the street. The other boy noticed Jimin’s staggered walking, and it pissed him off. He knew Jimin was drunk, and that alone was enough to set his blood on fire. Jimin was drunk, and he had kissed Kai; Jimin was drunk and had kissed Kai because of me; it was my fault. The thoughts were present in his mind, and he knew they were the real reason he was mad. He clenched his fists, squeezing Jimin’s hand painfully in the process. He felt Jimin try and wriggle out of his grasp, but he just squeezed tighter, completely absorbed in his own thoughts. 

 

The crying had sobered Jimin up slightly, but he still felt miserable. His vision blurred and he stumbled blindly behind Yoongi. He was still confused. He didn’t understand why Yoongi didn’t want to be his boyfriend anymore. Had he done something wrong? Did he embarrass the other on front of his friends at the club? He couldn’t remember doing anything, and it seemed like Yoongi wasn’t going to say anything. He was just going to squeeze his hand until he had crushed the all the bones. But Jimin was happy to let him, if he meant he wasn’t going to leave. He desperately wanted answers, but couldn’t formulate the words, all he could do was his dry lips. He didn’t know what kind of water Kai had given him, but it was horrible. He vaguely wondered if water could poison you.

 

Yoongi noticed how quiet the boy next to him seemed to be, and took a quick peek. Jimin’s head was lolling around, he was his lips furiously, while swallowing repeatedly. He looks like he’s on drugs. His eyes widened at the thought. He turned to have Jimin look him in the eye, and saw all the proof he needed. Jimin’s pupils were blown so wide, his eyes looked almost black. He grabbed Jimin’s face and spoke quickly, “Jiminnie, what did you take?”

 

Jimin blinked, tilting his head in confusion, “I didn’t…I don’t…what?”

 

Yoongi frowned, “Baby, you have to tell me what you took. What did it look like?” He was staring into Jimin’s eyes trying to get the other to focus on his words.

 

“I had some water.” Yoongi sighed in relief, at least Jimin was still coherent enough to answer his questions. Maybe he didn’t have much.

 

“Okay, good. What else? Did Kai give you anything? A pill? A powder?” He asked desperately.

 

“Nooooooo, just more water. I like water…” Jimin trailed off blinking rapidly, trying to clear his vision.

 

Yoongi felt his blood pressure rise. He needed to get Jimin home, so that he could sleep this off. He saw where Jimin had parked the car, and fished the keys out his pockets. He shoved Jimin into the backseat, and climbed into the drivers seat. He drove much faster than he should have, but the ply thing he could think about was getting Jimin home. In the time since he had found out Jimin was on drugs, his anger had dissipated. He was sure it would return once Jimin was safe in his own bed, but right now he was worried about the other. Alcohol was one thing, but drugs were something else entirely. 

 

He checked the rear vision mirror often, just to make sure Jimin was still conscious. He tried talking to him, but only got pitiful whines out of him. He couldn’t very well take Jimin home, if he didn’t know where he lived. 

 

“Jimin, I need you tell me where you live. Can you do that?”

 

Jimin grumbled about being sleepy and not feeling good, but otherwise said nothing. After Yoongi’s nth attempt at trying to coax his address out of the drugged up boy, he decided he would just let him stay at his house until the drugs were out of his system. 

 

He made it home, with boys safe and in one piece. He reached into the backseat and pulled Jimin out, helping him into the house. He kept shushing the boy, who was mumbling incoherently, he really didn’t want to wake his parents. He finally made it upstairs with Jimin, shoving the boy down on his bed. He huffed exhausted, from supporting Jimin’s weight for so long. He was tired and emotionally drained. It wasn’t everyday that you get a new boyfriend, and then lose him all in the space of a few hours. I must really at relationships.

 

He pulled a spare blanket out of his closet and lay down on his floor, ready to sleep the pain away.


Authors Note

So since I've been so slack, I've decided to reward you, my dutiful readers with back to back chapters! I know this one os short, but it's making way for some interesting things in the next few chapters. Enjoy!