Best Friends Know Best

Me and Her

Yuri's POV:

Is it just me or is Amber becoming more and more morbid each day? She hasn't left her apartment since Tuesday, and it's been almost a full week. Sure she'd return a few of my phone calls and text messages, but the conversation wouldn't last more than 30 seconds. She might be a full time platinum record composer, but she's rarely got a social life that's maintainable.

I approached the steps of the SK apartment building, leading up to the skyline view housing. Amber's flat was the very top of the 30 floor structure, leaving the whole floor to her own housing and leisure. Soon after entering the building, I caught an empty elevator car in the main lobby and tapped my finger on the labeled number.

Amber enjoyed her time alone and away from noisy neighbors, personally asking for a specially built area for her solitude. Although, not anyone can just click on her living floor and expect the doors to automatically open for them to trespass into her bubble. Clicking on her living space floor sent a signal directly to her room through the elevator's small intercom. And if anyone was crazy enough to take thirty flights of stairs, the door just before her apartment would be locked and would also hold a small intercom to her room. Amber wasn't the one to welcome anyone into her home.

BZZZT!

"W-Who is it...?" a groggy voice spoke through the speaker.

"Com'on Am, let me up. I know you can see me." I replied to the llama, turning my direction towards the camera that remained in the corner of the elevator while waving my left hand.

"Ah." Amber's voice let out a long sigh.

"Am, it's Yuri. I haven't seen you in almost a week and I've been getting worried. I even brought milk tea." I teased over the intercome as I lifted up a small plastic bag for the camera to catch a glimpse of it.

A sudden beep was sounded, indicating the approval of Amber to allow me into her home.

That milk tea really does the trick.

Amber's POV:

Yuri came by today. At first I really didn't want the company of anyone, including Yuri, around me at the moment. My thoughts have all been clouded by the past and negative feelings. Though, the moment she mentioned milk tea, isolation was the farthest thing I was thinking of.

"Slow down there, champ." Yuri gave a small chuckle.

I'd just finished dowsing down my third can of milk tea, and I gotta tell ya. Pure heaven. "I can't it's just too good."

"You're lucky I bought tons of it. I practically bought the store's entire stock." she threw me another can and with my swift skill, caught it.

"So you're not gonna tell me what's been going on?" her eyebrow perked up, letting off a curious stare.

I rolled my eyes and directed my attention out the glass windows that overlooked the city twards Seoul Tower. "I told you, nothing's going on. I just wanted to be alone, that's all."

I felt a pillow thrown against my torso, spilling the drink slightly on my black tank top. "Don't give me that, Amber! I know you like complete isolation from time to time, but ever since Key's party you've been acting weird. You didn't even want to settle with the crew in Hangang yesterday, and you never turn down the offer!"

I wiped my top and scoffed, "It's not like you're entitled to know what goes on in my life 24/7."

"As your best friend, I am."

My mouth kept shut after her last comment, swinging my legs over the arms of the living chair. A little over 10 minutes passed as we both sat in silence, neither of us wanted to break it. I heard a few shuffles of the leather arm chair Yuri was plopped into before the weight of her feet pressed on the cold planked floor.

"You know, it must be difficult being alone in this home. No one to really voice out to, or to listen to. I don't know how you do it, Am." Yuri trudged around my house before stopping just before the window.

I bought this home to avoid seeing anyone, or having them see me. I've never let anyone in, except Yuri. What was the point in letting anyone in? I was only known as Amber the composer to everyone. I was never seen as anything more deeper than that title, and it hurt. Yuri so deperately wanted to befriend from the moment she bought my first mini album. I though of her as just another crazed fan, but the more she urged on the more differently I saw her.

FLASHBACK

"Amber! Amber! It's me!" I heard a low toned voice yell from behind a small crowd that was trailing me since I had left the shopping district in Gangnam.

Oh god, it's her again.

I sped my pace up in hope of possibly losing her and the annoying fans that continously screeched my name. I spotted a small opening in a side street that could allow me to lose them. I signaled my producer in order to tell him of my little escapade, giving him  thumbs up for the plan to be excuted.

I began to sprint down the street and as I quickly turned the corner, my double just continued to run in the other direction to fend off the crazed fans from my behind. I ducked into the small opening I had spotted earlier, leaning over to catch my breath. I fished out my phone from my pocket to enable my driver to pick me up, so that I wouldn't have to risk another fan attack.

"I found you." a voice cracked from behind me.

I jumped in surprise, having my heart leap out of my chest for a small moment. It was that girl that's been following me around everywhere. She hasn't left me alone since my first solo concert, and to be completely honest it's creeping me out. My feet stumbled back as I attempted to run from her, but a firm grip stopped me from motioning any further.

I began to panic, unaware of what might happen next. "Please! Just get away!"

Her grip soon began to fade slowly, and soon I was released. I glanced up at the mysterious girl, and my eyes revealed a tall and slender woman. She was absolutely gorgeous. A smile soon appeard on her lips as she giggled a tiny bit, "You know, you don't have pretend."

Pretend? What the hell is she talking about?

"Okay, lady. I don't know who you are or what you're talking about, but I know you've been following me everywhere I go. It makes me uncomfortable." I retaliated to the strange girl.

"You probably expect to hear that I'm your number one fan and that I'm head over heels in love with you, right?" she tried to hold back her laughter, but failed a few seconds into it.

What's her

"Uh, yeah?"

"Well, you couldn't be anywhere farther in that speculation than you are now. I mean don't get me wrong, but I do like you music. But that's not why I follow you." her eyebrows raised up as her laughing slowly subsided.

"Then why do you?" I questioned her.

"To tell you that you don't have to pretend anymore." she smirked.

"Pretend?"

"Yeah. I can see past that little face mask barrier that you put on for concerts and interviews." she explained.

What? Face mask? Is she crazy?

"You act all cheery and happy in public, but behind it all you always seem lonely. When no one is looking, you wear a different face. A face no one's probably ever seen before, the real you."

"I don't know that the hell you're talking about." I began to doubt her words. With every syllable she spoke, it cut me deeper and deeper. The fact that these words we emotionally scarring me, simply because they were true.

"I want to be friends with you, Amber. I want to be the person there to listen to you, even if you don't want to speak. From the looks of things now, you need it."

I remained speechless. I really didn't know how to react to her words, offering me a friendship that I never really had since Krystal. A person to really let my feelings out to, for them to listen and give me advice.

"I-I-I" I began tripping over my response.

Would this really be okay?

Before my thoughts could linger any longer, the girl spoke up. "I'm Yuri, full time low wage photographer." she insisted as she stretched out her hand.

My eyes roamed ever crevice of Yuri's palm, still unsure whether or not to accept this generous invitation. I don't know. This would probably just end bad, just like Krystal. What if she's just using me for my title? But what if she isn't? What if her offer was 100% genuine? Would it be okay?

Would it?

Without any further hesitation, I followed what I thought was best for me.

"I'm Amber, full time platinum record composer." I returned the handshake, and recieved a warm smile from Yuri.

"Nah, you're Amber, the girl who fell in love with music."

My eyes sent off a small spark in Yuri's last statement. Someone had finally saw past my fame and fortune, and into who I really was.

The girl who fell in love with music.

FLASHBACK END

 

Yuri was still standing by the window, dragging her eyes across the city below.

"Yuri?" I called her.

"Hmm?" she hummed, turning her body to face me.

"I'll tell you."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Was it difficult for you, or was it just me?

That I wasn't the one you'd want to always see.

You had him, while I had none.

When the last you saw of me, was my body run.


A/N: Okay, I know what you all are probably gonna say. WHERE THE ғυϲƙ HAVE YOU BEEN SORA?!

Believer me, I've been uber busy. (Nah, I've just been too lazy). Although, I do hope you guys can be patient. I'll be leaving for military bootcamp on May 12th for three months and won't be back till mid August. T.T

I'll try to update as much before then, but in the mean time I need help from you guys! Try and motivate me to get on more and to update! I DO IT FOR THE READERS. (not for the vine lol). Thanks!

Sora.

P.S. Sorry for the errors, I'm too lazy to fix 'em.