8:09AM

My Vestige of a Heart

As Jiyong fell asleep that night, his fingers tracing down the veins of the arm Seungri had wrapped around him, he realized that he and Seungri haven't slept in the same bed since last October.


Jiyong cringed at he remembered how angry Seunghyun was when he flicked on the light and saw the two snuggled with each other in their bed.


Seunghyun was supposed to be on a business trip, then. So he and Seungri decided to have a sleepover. Except Seunghyun didn't see it that way.
He dragged Jiyong out of bed, he remembered. Seungri jerked awake to the sight of the man of acquiescence and composed droll forcefully yanking his friend out of the covers by the wrist and storming out into the kitchen with a slam of the bedroom door. Giving a clear message that Seungri wasn't invited.

Jiyong's stomach dropped as the memories hit him, Seunghyun's angry glare, the bitter chuckles, how Jiyong felt scared. Of Seunghyun. The same person that felt bad if he didn't kill the spiders in one hit. The same person that grew roses just so he could stuff Jiyong's pillows with the petals. But at that moment, Jiyong had slunk back as far away from Seunghyun as Seunghyun would allow.

Seunghyun stepped toward me, pulling me to him by my wrist. Again.
The grip of his hold felt like a wrench. Seunghyun roughly pulled my phone out of my back pocket and shoved me back, my feet stumbling to regain balance.
Before I had a moment to even stand up straight, my Received Calls page was open and shoved into my face with a harsh glare of the screen.
"Seunghyun<3>//<:(8 missed calls) (13 messages)"

"I -- I was busy, Seunghyun, really!" I stammered, eyebrows furrowing in worry.

"Doing what, Jiyong?" Seunghyun spat, gritting his teeth and stared into my eyes angrily. His eyes were bright with rage.
"You know what? Don't answer that. I know already." Seunghyun pulled his coat off the chair harshly, the chair shoving to the floor with a hard clatter as he did so.
"I should've known, I should've known when you were ignoring me, Ji, I should've expected this of you," he laughed, though it wasn't of humour, it sounded bitter. He had turned, it seemed that with every step he took to the door brought a decrease of air in the room.

I followed, my pace setting with his and soon enough I was able to wrap my hands around his waist. "Seunghyun, you were out, I was missing you, I called Seungri to hang out. He," I rested my forehead on his back, he smelt of cologne and whiskey.
"He and I are nothing more, nothing like us. Only friends, okay? Nothing more. I love you, Seunghyun."

I heard Seunghyun drop his jacket, the click of the jacket's button's being clashed against the marble tile of the kitchen floor rested against my ears.
Seunghyun's large, warm hand rested upon mine, and we stood that way, for a moment, the pace of our breaths matching.
"I love you, Ji. Please remember that. I'm sorry for overreacting."

"I'm sorry, Seunghyun, I'm sorry I made you feel that way," I murmured into his burgundy t-shirt, my lips moving against the stitched fabric.


Jiyong soaked up the way he remembered how nice it was to feel his warm breaths in sync with his, at that time. He felt Seungri's heart beating against his back and smiled. The slow rhythm of his heartbeat was set just a moment away from his own. Jiyong's breaths lagged just behind Seungri's. He found himself spending another fifteen minutes trying to match their breaths, with no avail. It was always mismatched.
He gently squeezed Seungri's hand, bringing it to his lips with hooded eyes. After giving it a gentle peck, he set the warm palm against his heart, holding it that way as he stared into the slow flash of the numbers of Seunghyun's clock.
4:03AM.
The room was dim as the moonlight gave its lazy pouring of luminescence through the branches of the large oak that stood proudly rooted by the bedroom window.

Jiyong's eyes traced the lazy patterns of the shadows that the branches and leaves set against the bedroom wall, the shapes setting a dance of their own against the door as gusts of wind would pass their way through the branches, leaving an eerie howl behind them.

And with the faint smell of pressed rose petals and faint cologne, his fading senses took him over in a heavy wave of rest.

--

He woke up to a setting chill against his spine, slight trails of cold winds gliding their way up his raised shirt and seeped into his bones. The covers barely exposing a way for the gale to sneak in, but because of so, because of the lack of warmth and misplaced blankets, he realised that Seungri was no longer conformed against his body.
And as his senses recovered, he could hear hushed whispers.
"Jiyong... Asleep... Stay quiet..."
"Taking my stuff... Out... Plan to be fast..."
Jiyong sat up, eyes wide.
His head suddenly cleared as his eyes dodged to the clock.

8:09AM.


"You were supposed to come the week before last, what happened?" Seungri whispered.
"I didn't feel like messing with a crying Jiyong," was the reply.
It was Seunghyun.
His stomach twisted in a tight knot, the taste of rust rising to his tongue.

Jiyong could tell that Seunghyun knew that the two slept together, that night. Seungri's husky, tired voice and messy hair couldn't hide that.

Except Seunghyun didn't show any signs of being surprised or upset. At least his voice didn't show any.

Jiyong in a breath, his heart setting a painful ache through his entire body.
Right.
Seunghyun came to get his stuff.
Nothing else.
Not to cry apologies through the apartment.
Not to beg for his love back.

But to take his belongings.

He could hear Seungri's hushed voice again.
"You found a house?"

"Mm, it's far from here, Busan country-side," he heard as a reply.

Their voices crept closer to the door as Jiyong laughed quietly. Of course. Seunghyun was never one for big, flashy homes. It suited him well.

Seungri opened the bedroom door carefully, being as quiet as possible. But his eyes met with Jiyong's as Seungri noticed that Jiyong was awake.

Seunghyun sighed, then, pulling his rows of shirts and hangers out of the closet and carelessly dropping them into a large suitcase.

"I told you I didn't want you here when I was doing this," he said, back turned.

Seungri's frantic glances switched from Jiyong to Seunghyun quickly.

"You were supposed to come two weeks ago," Jiyong said huskily in response, the words tasting harsh on his lips.

Seungri mouthed, "I'll talk to you after he leaves," or something like that. Jiyong's facial expression remained still.

"Fair enough," Seunghyun said, letting out a sigh with the words. He sounded slightly annoyed. But he left the room with a suitcase half-full. Jiyong's heart sank as he heard Seunghyun murmur to Seungri about his new address. And he was gone. It happened in such a blur that he half-hoped that he was dreaming.

He heard the front door closing, and then that was it.
_____________

A/N: I'll spell check and proof-read later, but here you go.