Four Pastries

My Vestige of a Heart

Seunghyun's legs were draped over the edge of the dock, a fishing pole in one of his hands. He grabbed one of the belt loops of my jeans and pulled me closer to him with his long arms. I noticed his lean arm flexing slightly as he pulled me down to sit by him from his waist."Yah, you're too much of a struggle, I just want to hold you," he scolded playfully.
I sat by him, my left leg wrapping over his right one. I placed my head on his broad shoulder, inhaling deeply.
"Mmm, Seunghyun?" I hummed, closing my eyes and curling my hands around his arm.
"Mm?" he hummed back in response.
"Do you really love me? Like you said the other night?" I asked, already knowing the answer. He'd said but nothing else since then.
"Am I breathing right now?" he replied quickly enough, bumping me gently with his shoulder.
"Of course, Ji, now until forever."


Jiyong remembered wincing slightly against him, knowing how glossed over that word is. And always would be.

"Nothing is forever Seunghyunnnn,"  is what he had replied in sing song.

It was a happier response, considering how serious he was.
He remembered telling Seunghyun time and time again about how to not make promises, or to speak of forevers.

But Seunghyun did.
The man murmured forevers into his hair every night, giving tickling smooches against his neck and against his ear, curling up against him more tightly, even on summer nights when he had already been complaining over the heat.
He sighed promises against Jiyong's tender lips daily, before he had left for work.
"I'll come back for you, Ji. I promise."

The words were almost too soft to hear, but Jiyong had heard them. Every syllable. Every time it had happened.

Those words echoed in his head now, wishing that Seunghyun would have said those words yesterday morning. "I'll come back for you, Ji," he closed his eyes now, running his hands through his hair. "I promise."

He jumped in his spot, the door wracking with noise as Seungri kicked at it. Jiyong half-heartedly pulled a random sweater off a hanger in the closet, imagining Seungri pursing his lips as he held a box of donuts at his waist behind the door.

"JiJiiiiiii," Seungri whined, the hall amplifying his voice throughout the apartment.


"Yeah, yeah," Jiyong called back, making his way to the bedroom door.

"-Yeahs," he could hear Seungri added back quickly, almost not loud enough for Jiyong to hear until Seungri started singing -- though it was more like shouting -- the lyrics to Zero by the Yeah Yeah Yeahs.

Jiyong had stomped his way through the apartment, slinging open the door and yanking the donut box out of the younger boy's hands.

Seungri, wide-eyed, made his way past Jiyong and into the kitchen, childishly jerking the donut box back out of Jiyong's hand on the way through.

"Why're you wearing a sweater?" he sniggered, not even bothering to glance back at the other.
"It's a humid Seoul night," Jiyong could just hear the grin on Seungri's face.

"I was too lazy to do laundry," he answered, eyeing the other boy as he made his way to a seat in the kitchen, sliding the donut box off the counter and into his hands slyly.
"You're more than welcome to do it, though," he added, muffling it slightly with one of the chocolate cream pastries.

"Yaaaah," Seungri gave a half-hearted dash to the table Jiyong was sitting at, plunking into the chair facing him.
"Don't eat at the chocolate ones, those are my favourite," he pouted.

"Yeah?" Jiyong raised a brow. "Is that so?" he paused, looking at the donut in his hand before stuffing it in his mouth and collecting the other three in the box before making his way out of the kitchen quickly.

"JiJiiiiii," Seungri whined loudly, knocking over a chair as he scrambled to chase after his hyung.

"Jiyongggg," he called, following Jiyong's figure dashing behind a corner by the livingroom.