Six Shots

My Vestige of a Heart

"Yah, yah, Seungri-" I called, Seungri's hot breath on my neck. He was like lead as I carried him to the car. "Seun-Seun.." I called again. I heard a faint mumble before getting a half-hearted kick to my thigh. Which -- In all honesty -- ended up with Seungri flopping a bit more than anything else.
I murmured curses into the cramped van, dropping Seungri into a seat carelessly. I cringed at the thought of him driving home by himself. For some stupid reason, he'd decided that getting completely hammered at four in the morning on a work night was a good idea. And now I was lugging him home. I kind of wished that he would wake up painfully hung over, at that moment.
Not only had Seungri attempted to seduce me, but he had also bitten my shoulders multiple times in drunken attempts of kissing.
While bending over to attempt to put a seatbelt on him, I felt weight shift out of my pocket -- following with a clatter of my keys falling between the crack of the front seats. Or as an old friend Youngbae had called it, "The Abyss".

.

I palmed my pocket blindly, retrieving my phone for light. I pressed the home button, and the dark van illuminated with a single square of light that the phone gave off. A text caught my eye.

"Seunghyun<3>//<:
Jiyong where are you? Its cold (two hours ago)"

Oh, this is great, I completely forgot about our dinner date. I sighed, patting Seungri's arm possibly too roughly. I'll talk to Seunghyun when I get home. For now? This drunken fool.

Seungri definitely owes me.

 

Jiyong walked to the kitchen table, lazily ruffling the towel that hang damply around his neck into his hair. Seungri, watching him with an amused gaze, brought the mug of coffee to his lips to hide his smirk.
"What're you grinning at, huh?" Jiyong narrowed his eyes to the younger boy, furrowing his brows.
"Oh, nothing, nothing~" Seungri cooed, fluttering his eyelashes in an over-exaggerated fashion. Jiyong, grunting in response, eased into the chair facing opposite of the boy.
An awkward silence filled the air, Jiyong then realised that Seungri knew something was off. That Jiyong was wearing Seunghyun's sweater, though his closet was full. And no matter how much Jiyong tried to hide it, the dark circles under his eyes and his worn out soul couldn't gloss over how he felt like his lips attempted to. Seungri's face softened, his grin no longer in place. And Jiyong's stomach sank as he watched Seungri staring into his mug, the coffee he'd made for himself getting cold. It was like the scene from this morning. Jiyong's lips shut tight, the breath stuck in his throat.
Except it was more gentle now.
Instead of an expression of boredom. An expression that held the air of "This is a chore, but I have to get it done."
Seungri's expression was of care and worry. One that you would have if you were deep in thought.

"Jiyong," Seungri murmured, stirring his coffee absent-mindedly. "Has something happened?"

"I didn't want to tell you today," Jiyong held his head in his hands, elbows resting on the table. He could feel Seungri's eyes on him.

"Is it Seunghyun?" Seungri usually wasn't this perceptive.
"Was I that obvious?" Jiyong laughed slightly.
"There's a lack of life in your eyes," Seungri smiled sadly into his mug, adverting his gaze.

"He left. He's moving away next week. Will you make sure he's OK?"

Jiyong asked knowing that Seungri and Seunghyun would probably remain friends, despite what would happen between himself and Seunghyun. The two were too close. A bubbling bitterness started to form in his stomach, it wouldn't be fair for him to tell Seungri to stop being friends with Seunghyun, but it still hurt.  It hurt a lot.

"I will, Jiyong," Seungri muttered, glancing up to the other
.
He stood slowly, dragging his chair beside his elder and clasping their hands together.
"I'm sorry hyung," he said, the warmth of his gaze tracing the veins, contours and details of the pale, feminine hand that was wrapped beneath his own. His thumb rubbed across the velvet skin that delicately covered the bone of Jiyong's knuckle.


Jiyong felt a sense of comfort from the younger boy, his heart feeling a little lighter with his touch. He found his hand making its way to Seungri's face and brushing a lock of hair away from the other boy's brow. Taking in a breath of content, he absorbed the beauty of the boy that sat before him. With his dark eyes and dark hair, Jiyong felt a sense of solace.

Suddenly, the two were ripped out of their trance as a repetitive, ear-piercing beep pulsed through the dream-like state that had been set. Seungri ripped his hand out of Jiyong's and just like that -- as Seungri grabbed his phone -- it was over.
Seungri walked off, holding up his index finger as a way to say, "one minute, please".

Jiyong forced a smile and gave a nod, but he doubted that he even saw it, because Seungri had already turned away and headed out the door. Jiyong stared at the hand that had held Seungri's just a moment ago, mentally reaching out for a sign that the warmth was still there. That his touch would linger when he wasn't there.


Except it had left as abruptly as Seungri had.



____________________________

A/N: Hooray for lazy, slopped over chapters! That are often too dramatic and written when I'm exhausted! [crowd roars]

Anyway, have this gif: